[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 40

File: ranger.jpg (94KB, 575x784px) Image search: [Google]
ranger.jpg
94KB, 575x784px
>Unearthed Arcana: Greyhawk Initiative
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAGreyhawkInitiative.pdf

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Alternate Trove:
https://dnd.rem.uz/5e%20D%26D%20Books/

>Resources Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous thread:
>>54397851

Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Heisei Spirits.jpg (185KB, 1024x508px) Image search: [Google]
Kamen Rider Heisei Spirits.jpg
185KB, 1024x508px
Rolled 11, 19, 13, 3, 18, 4 = 68 (6d20)

Rolling a new monk. Recommend me a Monastic tradition with these rolled stats!
>>
>>54408113
>Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.
I have a Sprite that looks like a cute anime girl
>>
>>54408154

Shit, with that DEX/WIS, you're looking pretty good, monk-wise. Dumb as a post, and about as charming, though.
>>
>>54408113
I have an imp that serves the Celestials that acts as my conscious since my character is dumber than a sack of potatoes. Needless to say, he isn't thrilled at all.
>>
>>54408227
>filename
kek
>>
>>54408113
I have a permanent unseen servant, a Homunculus familiar, a Paladin mount, an awakened tree with my tree house on top, a Simulacrum of myself after I magic jarred inside a werewolf's body and a box full of ghosts that I call on for expertise in subjects of their past lives.
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 15, 18, 3, 5 = 44 (6d20)

>>54408154
You can play the retarded asocial kid that the headmaster of the monastery picked up on the street.
A genious in martial arts but nothing good at anything else.
>>
Rolling a Nature Cleric Hill Dwarf
8 13 16 10 16 12 with shall'allah for damage
Plan is bless the party and turn on the staff, then go for the whacking.
Is this solid? Any tips?
>>
>>54408500
You are a malformed autist savant.
You are incredibly intelligent and you are healthy, taking into account your stunted, malformed physique and your horrible physical deformities.
You will probably cure some legendary illness, but they sure as hell won't keep your visage in the history books.
>>
Rolled 7, 3, 20, 2, 8, 3 = 43 (6d20)

>>54408740
Keep it rolling
>>
Rolled 4, 16, 19, 7, 12, 17 = 75 (6d20)

This is my final bard form.
>>
Rolled 11, 20, 5, 7, 9, 4 = 56 (6d20)

easiest paladin i've ever played
>>
>>54408808
See >>54408740
except minus the intelligence part. Nobody can quite figure out why you exist, but everyone is quite sure that you won't be going anywhere for a few decades.
>>
Say I want to replace the Cleric's Turn Undead/Destroy Undead features. Any suggestions on what to reppace it with?
>>
>>54408839
Not bad actually. You're quick, nimble, healthy have reasonable common sense and a lot of charisma. Basically what a Bard should be.
>>
>>54408860
why
>>
>>54408860
uh... why do you want to replace them?

it's kinda like saying "ok i want a wizard but without spells or magic, give me ideas"
>>
Rolled 15, 18, 6, 1, 18, 14 = 72 (6d20)

>>54408860
Why you want to replace it? What do clerics in your world do? Give us something to work with.
>>
>>54408154
>>54408500
>>54408808
>>54408839
>>54408841
OI
Rolling characters is to be done once the thread passes 300 posts.
>>
>>54408841
>easiest paladin i've ever played

When you da told you you arent made out for wearing his old heavy armour or using his halberd he wasn't joking.
Your frail ass can't take it and you lack any wit or charisma necessary for a knight.

At least he got a local hunter to teach you archery... A bit too well.
>>
>>54408860
Taking away a clerics signature, albeit shitty ability seems weird. I'd say a different channel divinity, but most of them are a lot better than turn/destroy undead
>>
What's the perks of using an Eldritch Knight? They any fun?
How should build them if I start with point buy?
>>
>>54408113
Fey warlock, pact of the chain. My familiar was a sprite, and slightly Tinker-Bell inspired - she was mute, or at least none of us could hear/understand her.
We fluffed her as a spy sent to watch over me by my patron, the Queen of Air and Darkness. This was not a secret and my character was fully aware of it. This did not stop us from becoming best friends forever.
A lot of the roleplaying was physical - the DM making shrugs and confused facial expressions, me teasing the sprite and acting out having my ear pulled on, etc.
Tavari, you were the best familiar I ever had.
>>
>>54408961
If you want the equivilent of a fighter wizard multiclass but you donmt have to take a single level of wizard its alright I guess
>>
>>54408961
Str > Con > Int > Other stuff
Mostly, you wanna be smacking shit with your weapon of choice, wearing heavy armor, and using Shield whenever someone manages to somehow hit you.
As long as you don't expect to be casting a lot of offensive spells, you'll have lots of fun.

>>54408860
Make an ability that's deity-dependent. Who's the deity?
>>
How much should I play the monstruous bit of a tiefling?
>>
It seems like none of the 5e stuff has been updated in awhile, with the exception of Tal'dorei campaign setting. Primarily I'm thinking about the CCC / Baldman Games stuff, season 5 and 6 epics, etc. Any ideas what's up?
>>
>>54408961
EK is the best tank fighter because of Shield and Absorb Elements. Later you can also Haste yourself, use Stoneskin, stuff like that.
STR>CON
INT is unnecessary, you can have a perfectly viable EK with 8 INT.
>>
>>54409182

Honestly, I think whoever was supplying them quit Adventurers League
>>
>>54408961
You get to be a wizard multiclass but you can only use destruction and abjuration. If you were planning on that anyways it's perfectly okay.
>>
File: 16417595.jpg (253KB, 525x372px) Image search: [Google]
16417595.jpg
253KB, 525x372px
Rolled 2, 3, 10, 13, 6, 2 = 36 (6d20)

Hexbladelock go go go
>>
>>54409306
>that statline.
That's more of a 'take it out back and shoot it'.
>>
>>54409306
Rather than actually being convinced by you, I feel as if your patron felt bad for you.
>>
File: Jan.gif (2KB, 88x72px) Image search: [Google]
Jan.gif
2KB, 88x72px
Rolled 10, 15, 10, 4, 1, 8 = 48 (6d20)

What kind of commoner will I be
>>
>>54409351
You're village idiot/drunk.
>>
>>54409351
The answer is dumb as a brick, but a decent shot.
>>
>>54409155
Very little. They're not monstrous, they're conflicted and broody. And even that, only as far as you want it to be - don't play it up if it's not interesting to you/the party.
Races are guidelines, not humans with highly-specific funny hats.

>>54409306
>>54409351
People
Seriously
Refer to >>54408922
>>
>>54409022
>>54409092
>>54409208
>>54409214
This is all good to know, thanks!
>>
>>54408604
Solid. Grab PAM for added buttkicking.
>>
>paladin is about to gain his 4th level
>Strength, Constitution and Charisma scores are all 17
Which two should be raised to 18? He's a sword and board tankadin.
>>
Sup bros, should I go v.human GOO warlock or half elf GOO warlock?
>>
>>54409511
Strength and Cha. A +3 in Con is already quite solid for a paladin of any level, since he has a good AC and Lay on Hands. You can pretty much leave it at 17 forever if you want.
>>
>>54409511
STR and CHA at 4, resilient CON at 8
>>
I desire only the best Homebrew Archetypes. Show me what you got.
>>
Why do I never see people playing tritons?
>>
Is there anything outside the PHB Folk Hero and Soldier backgrounds that gives you land vehicle proficiency?
>>
>>54409092
What cantrip do you even use with War Magic?

I've got the feeling that everything this class tries to do, there are much better alternatives. Even if you refluff it as a WoW shaman or something, druid'll be better.

And these subclass features, my god....
>>
>>54408961
ENLARGE
>>
>>54408905
>>54408910
>>54408920
>>54408938
There is no reason why Clerics should have Turn/Destroy Undead as a main class feature. The fluff description for clerics in the PHB describes them as conduits of power for the gods which they serve, it doesn't say anything about them being sworn enemies against the forces of undead. It doesn't make sense for clerics of gods that aren't under domains that are concerned with undead to have the ability to destroy them. The only reason why it's even a default feature for clerics is because of muh sacred cow.
>>
>>54409733
yes. alright. and so ..?
>>
>>54409092
>Make an ability that's deity-dependent. Who's the deity?
That would fall under the domain-specific channel divinity features. I use the Dawn War pantheon.
>>
What kind of key buildings do you put in capital cities?
I've got a decent assortment of stuff but I feel like it should be more fleshed out.
>>
>>54409733
I'd see as Clerics channel power from gods, who are the height of life, therefore undead, who are the inverse, fear the power regardless of the intent of it's source.
>>
>>54408113
Is there a reasonable multi-class option for a Eldritch Knight after he's grabbed his War Magic at 7th level?
>>
>>54409619
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkYF7N05E-

>>54409688
Green Flame Blade, probably.
>>
>>54409659
Because most DM's won't touch underwater shit with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>54409792
3.5 has a book dedicated to city building, might want to check that out.
>>
>>54409733
For a necromancer cleric it would be incredibly useful to have the ability to turn/destroy undead.

Part of the cleric's role is to deal with that shit, it doesn't matter what god you follow or what ideals you follow, even for an evil god it's part of their role.
>>
>>54409811
Wizard for rituals, Cleric for cantrips?
>>
>>54409836
So you're going to sacrifice a cantrip slot to get GFB just for when there are 2 monsters within 5ft of each others, to deal your pitiful intelligence modifier in fire damage, and using a bonus action that could (?) be used elsewhere?

boy, eldritch knights are a joke
>>
>>54409846
Probably should have just looked it up but thanks. I cheated and just copied a city I thought I could edit decently well on deviant art. Ut's a weird elven tree city so a lot of the more normal options are gone, but this helps a lot.
>>
>>54409927
>>54409811
wizard is kinda obvious for rituals (without having spells prepared) and the bonus in spells known with only 1 level in the class.

but multiclass spellcasting is pretty terrible, you're better off going for something completely different i think.

or sticking with fighters 'cause lvl7 is only the beginning for the class...
>>
>>54410012
I just don't like taking the extra attacks when the do nothing, I'll probably stick with it.
>>
>>54409890
>Part of the cleric's role is to deal with that shit
According to what? Like I said, the fluff in the PHB doesn't actuallt say anything about destroying undead being one of the cleric's primary functions. I get that for something like a life or death domain cleric it makes sense to have that ability but IN MY OPINION it shouldn't be something that all clerics get.
>>
>>54410185
Firstly, Clerics harness divine magic and often either do necrotic or radiant. These damage types tie into unholy and undead things quite a bit, whether they're better or worse against them.
They also gets spells such as 'protection from good and evil'.

Compare to wizard who has a lot more utility spells and when they do damage it's usually fire/cold/lightning/whatever.

Unless you want to make cleric a non-divine-caster and change their core spell list as well, I feel destroying undead suits, especially because their domain gives them an alternative to destroying undead. If you do want to change their core spell list and make them a non-divine caster, why not play a wizard?
>>
>>54408808
You were an abortion attempt but just. wouldn't. die.
>>
I hear you guys don't like Hoard of the Dragon Queen. I've only been in a bastardized version of it so I can't really make a judgement call yet, but what's your issues with it?
>>
>>54408113
>Tell us about your animal companions, familiars, mechanical servants and other assorted pets.
in a past edition I had a pet Ape named after my black friend sitting next me playing a fighter
He did fucking work though and we all loved him for saving our asses. We joked that I was his animal companion and we were planning on putting him on our heraldry
>>
>>54408113
My character has a pet tressym, I always use my first free action to tell him to "go the fuck away you're gonna get fucking killed fighting just about anything" because we're in tier 3
>>
How would you homebrew a 3e style Shifter/Master of Many Forms Archetype for Druid?

They could turn into a huge selection of shit with Wildshape including Wyrmlings, Minotaurs, FUCKING SKELETONS and Mindflayers.

Kinda disappointed they haven't been seen since. I'd love to shift into something other than beasts.
>>
>>54410584
>wanting druidzilla back

But...why?
>>
>>54410584
Sounds retarded and over powered
>>
>>54410604

I dunno, it was fun I guess?

>>54410614

Just like everything caster related in 3/3.5.
>>
>>54410626
>I dunno, it was fun I guess?
Yeah, fun. For the druid. And not so fun for everyone else.
>>
>>54410626
It went a step further by being strong in the most boring, uncreative, and time intensive way possible: transplanting to yourself the stats from some monster.

The only thing worse than that is summoning. This is a fact.
>>
Do you guys like base-building in your dee en dee?
>>
>>54410942
I have a hard on for it but I always get paranoid that the DM will smash and steal all my stuff
I blame my first DM for pulling those shenanigans
>>
>>54410867
100% agreed. And that is also why wildshape should have been a list of "possible shapes" akin to what they did with barbarian totems/warlocks invocations/4elements monks
>>
>"I use my guiding bolt on the ankheg!"
>*roll an 8*
>"your bolt disappears mid-flight, you fail terribly tee-hee"
welp, so much for a first session
>>
>>54411024
Ask your DM if you can describe your own failures if you're so autistic about it.
>>
File: 1499956320989.gif (768KB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
1499956320989.gif
768KB, 280x182px
>>54410867
>>54410996

I'd honestly just want a Druid that just had a list of alternate forms it could assume with Wildshape, outside of beasts.

I know it was powerful (Although I feel like people are unfairly counting dragon form/natural spell when that was just a Druid thing, not exclusive to Shifter at all), I just liked having a unique, varied selection of forms instead of just beasts.

I didn't want it back/a new version of it because it was overpowered, I just wanted a Shapeshifter that can turn into skellingtons.
>>
>>54411051
what triggers me is when the DM tries telling me what my character FEELS about events
Magic influence aside obviously
>>
>>54411086
Do you sperg out when your character gets frightened?
>>
>>54411024
> tee-hee
MACARONI MACARONI
>>
>>54411175
Not if it makes sense or magical in nature. But when he's telling me I'm angry or whatever from whatever events he's describing it irks the fuck out of me
let the players play their characters
>>
>How do I make this worth a legendary status? Or is it already?

Staff (requires attunement by a druid)

This staff can be wielded as a magic quarterstaff that grants a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with it. While holding it, you have a +2 bonus to spell attack rolls, a +1 bonus to your spell save DC, and you are always considered to be under the effects of a barkskin spell.

It has 15 charges for the following properties. It regains 1d12 + 3 expended charges daily at dawn.

Spells. You can expend a number of charges to cast one of the following spells from it, using your spell save DC: animal friendship (1 charge), beast bond (1 charge), locate animals or plants (2 charges), speak with animals (1 charge), speak with plants (3 charges), hallucinatory terrain (4 charges), bones of the earth (6 charges), or shillelagh (no charges).

In addition, if you attach a [gem] worth X.000 gp at the end of the staff, you can expend 9 charges to cast storm of vengeance. This consumes the [gem].

Tree Form. You can use an action to plant one end of the staff in fertile earth and expend 1 charge to transform the staff into a healthy tree. The tree is 60 feet tall and has a 5-foot-diameter trunk, and its branches at the top spread out in a 20-foot radius. While touching the tree and using another action to speak its command word, you return the staff to its normal form.

Tree Shape. You can use an action to merge with the staff and expend 4 charges to assume the form of a treant for up to 1 hour. As a treant, you don't have the "Animate Trees" option. This transformation otherwise functions as the polymorph spell, but you can use a bonus action to revert to your normal form. Once you use this property, you can't use it again until the next dawn.
>>
>>54411086
i understand and this is a rational trigger to have.
respecting player agency is one of the hard things to learn as a DM though.
most of the time I think you can just talk to the guy about how you felt about it at the end of the session, to help him improve.

i really feel like a lot of players just don't give any feedback to their DMs.
i guess that's not the only field where ppl are terrible at communicating
>>
>>54408113

>Pet panther named Thornhaunches
>Actually really effective in combat
>Also can ride it because I'm a halfling
>Campaign ended because DM graduated
>still miss Thornhaunches months later
>>
>>54411387
I had a gecko as a gnome I would use to climb on walls. I miss her.
>>
>>54411068
im pretty sure you're being hypothetical and not actually planning to play a game anytime soon but in case you are...

just talk to your DM. some beasts can be refluffed as monsters (looking at the statblocks; i don't see how turning into a grizzly can be that much better than turning into a skeleton). some monsters are probably 100% acceptable.
you give him a list of 5 monsters, he looks into them, and that's about it.
it's actually that simple.
>>
>>54408961
One of my players went EKnight

He's level 9 now and hasn't used a spell in easily 5+ sessions, and has literally never used his level 7 war magic feature.

weapon bond has helped him out a couple times at least. All he does is shoot arrows with Sharpshooter, the most busted feat in the game. Doing anything else on his turn is in his mind a waste of damage
>>
>>54411352
Sounds legendary to me
>>
What spell level would you say the ability to put a poison on a weapon that increased the poison's duration by 1 hour and uses to 5?
I feel like the disparity in poison strength makes it really clunky to do this.
>>
>>54409955
>could (?)
You're a fighter, you generally don't use bonus actions. Both BFG and BB are great for War Magic, at least up to 10th level. Consider a 7th-level EK sword and board with dueling, could be dealing 2d8+14 per turn with his action.

By using his bonus action as well as BB, he can deal 3d8+14, then step back (shielding if the enemy's AoO hits) and deal an extra 2d8 when the enemy closes in to attack.

And with GFB: 3d8+14 to primary target plus 1d8+(2~3) to adjacent. It's a nice trade-off.
>>
File: Mage Fort.jpg (342KB, 1123x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Fort.jpg
342KB, 1123x1463px
>>54411436
Well he's not wrong though.
War Magic is pretty worthless.

And if there's other magic users in the group he's not actually doing anyone a favor trying anything fancy.

It's very sad, I think, but the subclass just isn't that good. Very difficult to make something out of it that doesn't feel like another class, but worse.

Especially when it has to compete with battlemaster...
>>
>>54410350
I like it. Have DMed it. But it does have its flaws, which give more work to the DM who has to fix it in order to make a good experience for the players.

It suffers from the fact it was produced parallel with 5e, meaning that many of the rules and a bunch of the monsters were not finished. When those were changed later, it created a mess in HotDQ since some bits weren't updated.
>>
Have you ever left a group after the first session? Why did you?
>>
>>54410185
>Knowledge
The book of the dead.
>Life
Fucking obvious
>Light
Duh
>Nature
Undead are un-natural.
>Tempest
Wrath of god, divine curses, the mummy uses this domain and the mummy is a divine undead.
>Trickery
Undead are immune to poison. A rogue's cleric has to know how to deal with something immune to poison, and a rogue cleric would know the divine rituals for it even if it's not part of the trickery domain. Because they'd steal them.
>War
You fight and the winners live and the losers die. That's the way of war. But battlegrounds have a tendency to develop an undead problem, so clerics of the battles see to that problem.
>Bonus domain: Death
Yep.

Because it's a sacred cow, you have to think of why a Cleric shouldn't have the ability if you want to remove it, but the way I see it, any cleric could have the ability. So it stays for now.

Any replacement would have to be pretty situational anyway.
>>
File: YVKEvQI.png (62KB, 988x704px) Image search: [Google]
YVKEvQI.png
62KB, 988x704px
>alternate weekly with the same group of players
>I DM one week, another friend the next, back and forth
>did an impromptu, off-schedule session this week because i'm leaving for vacation when we usually play
>DMing this week
>some people couldnt make it
>start to get worried the session might fall apart in-game
>ends up being one of the most enjoyable to DM and the players keep telling me it was their favorite so far
>have to wait near a month to continue it

vacation is fun but i got an itch that needs some serious scratching
>>
>>54411542
You lose your extra attack to cast a cantrip. Why not just hit the target twice instead of trying to pull gfb shenanigans.
>>
>>54411352
>>54411451
>In addition, if you attach a [gem] worth X.000 gp at the end of the staff, you can expend 9 charges to cast storm of vengeance. This consumes the [gem].
Any suggestions on which gem should it be? And how expensive? I'm thinking somewhere between 1.000 and 5.000 gp.
>>
>>54412026
>You lose your extra attack to cast a cantrip.
Yeah, and? You're still dealing more damage with GFB/BB and War Magic than you'd be dealing with extra attack.
>>
>>54412026
From level 7-11, War Magic couple with GFB/BB offers a straight up increase in damage.

When you GFB/BB, you're still making an attack that deals damage as normal, and then you get the bonus damage from BB/GFB as a rider. Then you use your bonus action to make a second normal attack with your weapon.
>>
File: 404.gif (1MB, 664x550px) Image search: [Google]
404.gif
1MB, 664x550px
so for reasons im not going to go extensively into, one of my characters is getting a hard reclass mainly because Mystic is annoying and not fun to play.

he was a cleric a long time ago in 3.5, so we are going through a process in and out of game to switch him back to cleric, specifically Life Domain.

anything I should know about Clerics in 5e? intricacies, recommended spells, things about the Life Domain?
>>
>>54412192
>Mystic is annoying and not fun to play.

lol
>>
File: 1483886526228.jpg (55KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1483886526228.jpg
55KB, 500x411px
Some people like rolling for stats because they really like rolling and think D&D is all about rolling.

By this logic, I bring you the latest in D&D 5e crazes:

Gachapon!

DM not giving you that +3 sword of +2d6 on every hit? Now you can buy your way to it by dumping a load of real life money into the game! You can sell the items you don't want off to other players and, most importantly of all, YOU GET TO GET FUCKED OVER BY ROLLS!

Just what're you waiting for? All proceeds go towards the DM's minature collection!
>>
This is pretty OT but maybe someone here can help me.

I was reading on desuarchive about a The Adventure Zone thread and several people mentioned the quote "Who?" from Taako and how amazing it apparently was.

I don't remember it.
Can someone remind me when he said that and in what situation?
>>
>>54412192
Your DM will have a very hard time killing anyone in your party unless the monsters focus you, but that's a good thing. As long as you don't get frustrated with being a healbot from time to time, Cleric is a great class and Life domain means you need to heal less since your healing spells are more effective.
>>
>>54412192
Spiritual Weapon and Spirit guardians should be running in every serious combat

Only heal when PCs get knocked unconcious

>>54412222
I played a mystic too and it wasn't very fun. Retired the character after several sessions
>>
>>54412222
Felt too clunky and the mechanics of the class aren't really too focused.
>>
>>54412235

I can understand preferring the stable environment of pointbuy, but why do some people have such an intense hatred for rolling for stats?

Are you concerned people will end up overpowered gods, or underpowered peasants?
>>
>>54412042
Basically, you're treating the gem like a spell scroll for Storm of Vengeance. A spell scroll for a level 9 spell is considered legendary (see: p. 200 of the DMG). Crafting a legendary magic item is recommended to cost 500,000gp (see: p 129). To keep things relatively balanced, you'd probably want a pretty pricey gem.
>>
>>54412296
Both at the same time.
>>
>>54411898
It's a bit odd for a forge domain cleric to have it. They're 100% about metalworking, the beauty of a well crafted object and recovering great works made of metal. The best justification I can think for them is that oftentimes such relics are guarded by undead and being able to deal with them is a must. It's a fairly flimsy justification and honestly the only cleric domain I can really think of that struggles to justify being able to turn undead.
>>
>>54412243
It's from the penultimate arc of the current campaign that was basically backstory filler in a shit not-DnD system and only had impact if you were invested in the story and characters and not there for laughs.

The husband of his twin sister is freaking out because he can't remember her face, and Taako responds with a disinterested 'who?', since the memory of his sister is being fed to the voidfish.
>>
>>54412296
I'm mostly mad because people take it like it should be standard for the system because they put point buy as a variant rule instead. Then, everyone does long serious campaigns without people dying often and makes everyone roll for stats.

Why would they put so much effort into balancing 5e only to then say 'For extra fun, we've made the main way to play 5e to unbalance the game again!'?

Not to mention, it's easier to powergame with rolled stats. Choose moon druid with poor stats, choose paladin with good stats.

What's even worse is that 27 point buy is inferior generally to 30 or so point buy, as it makes it harder for various classes to up their dump stats, so people seem to get this idea that 'point buy doesn't create a variety of stats'. Well, it'd have more variety if you bumped it up to 30-32.

There is a time and place for rolled stats. It's fine if you want to use it in a game where characters switch in and out a lot or for much more roleplay heavy games.
>>
>>54412386
Oh, it must have been in one of the TWO episodes I still haven't listen to.
Should probably have finished listening before I asked that, good thing I only skimmed your spoiler.

Thanks anon, take this (You).
>>
>>54412404
For our games, we've always rolled stats, all the way back to playing 3.5.

Always been homebrew games though. We are running Storm King's Thunder in the coming months and we are just doing Point Buy from now on. It should be the standard imo.
>>
>>54412414
The episode has some real whammies besides the who anyway, if you're into the show get your arse into gear and catch up.
>>
>>54412431
Any reason for the change?

I guess rolled stats also kinda works for new players since they're less likely to powergame. You just have to remind them not to play a fighter or monk or whatever with poor stats.
In that sense it gets players into the game easier than a load of number crunching.
>>
>>54412435
I will anon. I've been holding off because I don't like having listened to/watched everything there is at the moment.
Sometimes I save the finale of a show/season for several months before I feel "the time is right".
fuck my autism
>>
>>54412450
That is to say, I can understand why rolled stats might be standard because it might be for new players, but experienced players shouldn't really be doing rolled stats, and it's also probably part of why a lot of people here prefer not rolling.
>>
>>54412278
>Spirit guardians
What about Bless?
>>
>Next Character is a Bard
>Didn't realize I get True Polymorph

I have so many plans. So very many.
>>
>>54412404
>Not to mention, it's easier to powergame with rolled stats. Choose moon druid with poor stats, choose paladin with good stats.
You determine ability scores after you choose race and class.
>>
File: neverwinter+banner.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
neverwinter+banner.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>>54412450
Yeah, rolling wasnt an issue for the longest time. We started playing dnd 2 or 3 years ago and even our DM was new so nobody really took hyper advantage of the busted statlines.

I mean, our one campaign has been going on since then and our poor friend has had 4 sub 10 stats for the longest time. Luckily, he is a druid, so it doesnt matter a lot of the time, but it really fucked him.

It is honestly less about the characters who have overblown stats and more about the people who make characters but cant really utilize them because their stats are shit.

Point Buy just seems like the most fair option and we would all rather forgo the chance at some bonkers stat line at level 1 if it meant everyone at the table got to enjoy their character.
>>
>>54412502
>You determine ability scores after you choose race and class.
Completely depends on the group
>>
>>54412517
Race class then stats is the RAW process of character creation in the PHB.

>once you have a character in mind, follow these steps in order
>in order
>>
>>54412540
>in the PHB.
Not every group follows the PHB 100%
in fact most I have been in don't.
>>
File: Enchantment Gems.png (529KB, 1892x2600px) Image search: [Google]
Enchantment Gems.png
529KB, 1892x2600px
I'm still trying to balance these gems.

Do you guys think the slotted materials should require attunement?
Also, do you think they should be able to work with magic items or would that unbalance things?
>>
>>54412502
So, fuck over all the prospective monk players, got it.

Almost nobody does it this way, and the only real fix is to cut off the bottom 'bad' half of rolls (Which lessens the point of rolling for stats) which means you either play a mediocre monk or a great monk. Or you pick moon druid and are great no matter what you roll.
Or you just take a level of something that multiclasses into anything and then multiclass into what you like depending on your stats.

I do like rolling for stats in order, only because it really emphasises rolling for stats good points: It allows you to get 'inspiration' for a character quickly, it creates sets of stats that normally wouldn't show up (Such as low con) instead of everyone just putting them in the same order they'd do in point buy except with larger/smaller numbers... And it's way easier for new players.
>>
>>54412560
The why are you complaing about the rules?

>in my variant of DnD, rule A doesn't make sense
well that's because you changed rule B and C
>>
>>54412583
>The why are you complaing about the rules?
I'm not the anon you were talking to and not following your discussion.
>>
>>54412540
That's some of the least important RAW in the entire book.
Some groups, especially older ones, remember when rolling first was RAW, because some classes had minimum requirements. If they're used to rolling first, it's their prerogative to keep doing that.

>>54412571
Magic items with sockets were very hard to get in Diablo 2 for a reason.
>>
File: ivana.jpg (51KB, 736x1047px) Image search: [Google]
ivana.jpg
51KB, 736x1047px
our DM lets us have feats on top of IAS

whats a good feat for a lv4 moon druid ?
only lucky is banned

pic related it's my fukken char
>>
What's a good one-shot idea involving one or more of the Elemental Evil Cults? We're starting PotA next week so I figured this week could be used for a little bit of world/lore-building for the cult(s)
>>
>>54412646
Cult is menacing a town. The mayor's daughter gets kidnapped. Rumor has it that they are going to sacrifice her to Cthulhu or whatever. It's all a ruse to trap the players. The daughter is involved with the cultists and the cultists actually intend to sacrifice the PCs because the sacrifice has to be a warrior noble of heart or whatever. In other words, the plot to the Wicker Man (the good/original one with Christopher Lee, not the Nic Cage shitfest)
>>
>>54412633

>feats on top of IAS

jesus christ

what's the fucking point, unless you all started at 10 in everything
>>
File: p01bfjpf.jpg (32KB, 357x401px) Image search: [Google]
p01bfjpf.jpg
32KB, 357x401px
>>54412703

>not the Nic Cage shitfest

>Not wanting to ask the Phoenix Sorcerer HOW'D IT GET BURNED?! then have your Druid shapeshift into a bear and punch people
>>
why don't undead have vulnerability to radiant damage?
>>
>>54412727
you sound like a fun guy :-)
>>
Do you think a monk could benefit from a 2/3 level dip into Mystic?
>>
>>54412797

haha it'd be even more fun if you just got +4 on every IAS and got one every level instead of every 4 haha!
>>
>>54412506
>Point Buy just seems like the most fair option and we would all rather forgo the chance at some bonkers stat line at level 1 if it meant everyone at the table got to enjoy their character.

You're playing the wrong game if not having good stats prevents you from enjoying your character.
>>
>>54412814
>Multiclassing with UA

I don't know, but monk in general isn't very multiclass compatible. It's kinda okay at going into rogue and at the low levels (But not later levels) it can benefit from a one level fighter dip
>>
>>54412814
You can't multiclass Mystic
>>
>>54412841
It's not exclusively stats that make playing your character enjoyable, I get that, but if someone had an idea for a character that revolved around combat, like say a bounty hunter or something, then they might get fucked out of enjoying the character they envisioned if their stats don't allow them to reliably play what they want.

It depends on what or who your character is, I get it, but there are plenty of ideas that can just get snuffed out before they ever see the light of day with rolling.
>>
>>54412850
But in all seriousness you shouldn't multiclass with UA.
>>
>>54412878
A bounty hunter with mediocre or shitty stats is more fun and interesting to play as than a bounty hunter with great stats.
>>
>>54412940
That depends on the player. Fun is always going to be subjective.
>>
>>54412940
Then why don't you use point buy to give yourself purposely bad stats?
>>
>>54412940
Then why not, from now on, only play characters with 8s in everything?
>>
>>54412954
If you don't want to think or roleplay, then you're a shitty player.
>>
>>54412973
Are you seriously saying that not wanting shit stats is the same as not wanting to roleplay? You know players come in more than a powergamer/storyteller binary, right?
>>
>>54412973
Cool Strawman, bro. No really, it's so stupid I honestly can't argue against it. It's like trying to explain that water is wet or that fire is hot.
>>
>>54412987
If you have to have good stats to realize your "vision" of a character, then yes, you're a power gamer. The kind of person that can't tolerate mistakes and always needs to have the best of the best. It's boring. Meanwhile, mistakes, flaws, or low stats greatly encourage improvisation and roleplaying.
>>
>>54412962
>he thinks 8s are low

>>54413028
>water is wet
>fire is hot
[citation needed]
>>
File: Final_Four_Jaegers.jpg (931KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Four_Jaegers.jpg
931KB, 1920x1080px
What kind of abilities would you give a kaiju-tier, huge monster? Something created by a crazy wizard in a lab. I need some giant monsters to throw at a dwarven fortress that the players are defending, and there may be a clockwork mech involved.

I feel like it could benefit from some kind of reverse breath weapon to drag distant enemies closer, and let it inhale breath attacks to return on it's turn.
>>
>>54413050
Lets stoop lower then. Why not play a character with 6s?

4s at this point.

Fuck it, why not just have a -4 to everything you do? Should make it more interesting.
>>
>>54413046
How can I argue with you when you keep putting words in my mouth?
I never said stats has anything to do with the "vision" of my character. In fact, they rarely have anything to do with it. I'm just saying having lower stats doesn't make anyone better at dick, and people exist that like high stats and also like roleplaying.
If you can't accept that, you're probably unironically projecting.
>>
>>54412940
>I want to play a game about power fantasy!
>Okay, here's some really shit stats for your bounty hunter that's not good at anything
>Great, I'm really feeling the power fantasy now being useless at fucking everything while everybody else is better at literally everything!
>>
>having a fun moment with another player
>roleplaying out some harmless pranks and word play
>"You will need to roll deception vs insight" from the DM
>say we already know how we want this to go, don't want to roll
>completely ruins the moment by forcing us to roll
>>
>>54413093
>I never said stats has anything to do with the "vision" of my character.

See >>54412878
>they might get fucked out of enjoying the character they envisioned if their stats don't allow them to reliably play what they want.
>>
>>54413050
https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/7541/why-is-water-wet-and-fire-hot

I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair after getting this result in google[/spoiler
>>
>>54413087
>-4 to everything
Now we're talking! Let the roleplaying and improvisation commence!

>>54413108
Maybe the DM just wanted to participate in your tomfoolery! Why are you so selfish?
>>
>>54409842
>>54409659
I ran a short pirate campaign a while ago where two of the players were Triton siblings.

They're pretty neat, especially when the whole party got to grow gills and go down to the Triton city of Atlantis so they could commission them for a submarine. Had a lot of fun Roleplaying the inhabitants of such a cool and storied place as Atlantis, even if it was only in name.
>>
>>54413121
That wasn't me, mate.

>>54413127
Good ole' Stack Overflow. It's good for so much more than just writing my work projects for me.
>>
How do we fix artificer and mystic? How do you expect WOTC to do it?
>>
>>54412940
People are giving you guff for this and rightfully so, but bad stats only matter because the D20 is an insanely swingy/RNG way to determine success unless you stack a lot of numbers in your favor, bad stats would be fine if that wasn't the case
>>
>>54413155
What's wrong with them?
>>
File: 1366692076094.png (1MB, 441x603px) Image search: [Google]
1366692076094.png
1MB, 441x603px
>>54413155
Expand the Artificer spell list, give them Spellcasting at level 2 like Ranger and Paladin.

Mystic needs less disciplines or needs to allow FAR less cross-discipline play.
>>
>>54413155
Mystic
>Remove half the subclasses
>Give it some sort of coherent identity (control/support, probably) and get rid of most of the powers that aren't consistent with that identity (not all, though)
>Create a psionic archetype for fighters/rogues/barbarians with a focused identity, a la Arcane Trickster

Artificer
>Make it a wizard school
>>
>>54413208
>Artificer
>Make it a wizard school

they already did that and it was shit
>>
>>54412571
They should require attunement when slotted yeah. And yeah have them work with magic items IF the players jump through serious hoops to find a master craftsman to do it for them or something to seriously limit it, otherwise don't, I mean a +3 weapon with the top tier sapphire in it effectively becomes a +6 on activation which is a little nutty.
>>
>>54413083
Swallow, multiattack, magic resistance, massive, siege monster, fling are all pretty standard.
>>
>>54413250
With a Tarrasque essentially being a kaiju, couldn't you just model something around that?
>>
>>54413187
Artificer
>1/3 casting is barely worthwhile as a side to fighter/rogue power let alone without much else to drawn on it, also they're missing a bunch of spells that sound very fitting to the theme for seemingly no reason
>There's no rules for what happens if you lose your automatic magic items and the levels you get them are fucked, such as getting the way more useful broom of flying before other/weaker flying options
>The other abilities are scrwey too. Alchemist is just a bunch of cantrips and infinite healing. It's also not really all that good from a flavor/non crunch perspective because RAW a single alchemist can give healing potions to an army of a million people as long as he hands them out one at a time without any sort of delay by just reaching into his sack. Gunsmith is a warlock but even more boring and all of its abilities do no damage on a save. The mechanical servant starts out extremely strong for its level but then becomes useless almost right after

Mystic
>Too many disciplines and not enough of a restriction to picking in-class disciplines mean that the class is almost by design someone that exists to annoy the other party members by having an advantage in every situation. The class isn't really all that overpowered outside of a couple wacky combinations that are easy enough to fix, but it just feels kind of shitty.
>Most of the archetypes kind of suck
>wu jen 6/wizard X

It's lame because the two classes are the last character concepts that aren't filled by the PHB classes/subclasses, I'd much rather they put all their attention on fixing these instead of making a book full of lame subclasses that will either be overpowered or useless just like every other subclass they've put out so far
>>
I want to run something akin to D20 Modern for 5e. Any tips/ideas?
>>
File: ultramodern5.jpg (481KB, 685x900px) Image search: [Google]
ultramodern5.jpg
481KB, 685x900px
>>54413365
>>
>>54412299
That makes sense, but it's unthinkable to have a single gem worth that much. Maybe I should make it recharge on something else instead? Like having the staff stay rooted for 1 month, or add that this can only used against creatures that have caused a great deal of harm to nature.

Perhaps give it some other in-game cost, such as every time you do this one of your fingers turns to wood (no idea if it makes sense). Thus if you do it 10 times, say goodbye to somatic spells.
>>
>>54410569
>/5eg/
>free action
>>
File: UA Modern Magic.pdf (170KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA Modern Magic.pdf
170KB, 1x1px
>>54413365
1. Don't do it. There are multiple systems (GURPs, chronicles of darkness, etc) that are better for modern/urban fantasy games than any 5e retrofit.

2. If your heart is set on the idea, there's an article on the WOTC site that can be combined with this UA to make a halfway-servicble reskin.

http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/my-new-d20-modern-campaign
>>
>>54413087
>have 8 wis, 8 char, and 13 con
>really need 1 more point in con and really want at least 2 less points in wis
Feels bad man.
>>
>>54408113
my mechanical servant uses giant owl stats, and is basically a flying helicopter-like contraption that makes its flybys using the rotors.
>>
File: bab.png (25KB, 181x180px) Image search: [Google]
bab.png
25KB, 181x180px
>playing the same timid Gnome character for 3 years and two different editions
>just last session he finally fucking dies dueling a Goliath shaman of sorts
>party gathers his body and book it with him
>only means of bringing me back was Reincarnation
>end up coming back as a Tiefling

this feels weird but like an opportunity
>>
>>54409511

>STR, CON and CHA at 17 on level 1

Wew
>>
>>54413155
>Mystic
>only one bonus discipline at first level, not two
>rebalance power cost and damage
>rebalance action economy of certain powers or otherwise disallow stacking of retarded combos
done

>Artificer
>expand spell list
>remind people that breaking the concentration economy is B U S T E D
>>
>>54412296

The standard 5e rule has a very low chance of rolling low and is on average higher than point buy or the rooster (for total stat point count).

Rolling 4d6 drop lowest usually gives stronger characters
>>
>>54414087
>Artificer
>expand spell list
>remind people that breaking the concentration economy is B U S T E D

are you saying that the infuse magic feature is underrated, or that it's so good that it needs to be removed?
>>
>>54408922
Is this a real rule? Why?
>>
>>54414257
Underrated.
I'd also add that Artificer spell progression could probably stand to be upped a bit. Or if that's not workable, more slots. Slots, slots, slots.
>>
>>54414267
Because rolling is basically shitposting and sucks up space that could be used for meaningful discussion. No one posts anything decent after about 250-270 posts anyway because they know the thread's about to die and they want the most eyeballs on their shit, so they'll wait until a new thread to post their question or whatever.
>>
>>54414267
There's no "real rules," but it's considered proper etiquette to only shitpost once the thread is past the bump limit. See >>54414350.
>>
File: gunpriest.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
gunpriest.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>running a Wild West-esque campaign
>make the guns shit
>nerf sharpshooter
>add cleaving rules for melee
>everyone makes a ranged character anyway
>just revolvers, not even a shotgun or rifle
i just don't know
>>
>>54414322
it would be underrated if there was anything GOOD to use it on, aside from haste and stoneskin
>>
>>54414648
damn, no one is a shotgun cleric?
the fuck is wrong with your party
>>
File: shotgunpadre.jpg (28KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
shotgunpadre.jpg
28KB, 640x392px
>>54414676
>the fuck is wrong with you
Specifically my reply when the guy playing the preacher said he wanted a revolver instead of a good ol' coachgun or sawn-off
At least /5eg/ understands me
>>
What should be the damage of a cannon ball?
>>
>>54414767
it's statted in the DMG IIRC
>>
>>54414767
DMG 255 says 8d10
>>
>>54414648
>Run wild west campaign
>Surprised when players make gunslingers
Why the fuck are you running a wild west campaign if you hate the wild west?
>>
>>54414804
I think he was just hoping the party would try to diversify themselves.
I mean, I would imagine most people would pick gunslingers as well.

But desu, I'd probably try and play whatever the indian equivalent is and be the barbarian medicine man.
>>
>>54414863
Yes, exactly. I even made bows and crossbows work off Strength so Str-based martials wouldn't be SOL for a ranged option.
>>
I'm nerfing/buffing GWM and Sharpshooter and making an additional one for Finesse weapons and longswords/spears (in addition to expanding the weapon pool for GWM and Sharpshooter)

Does this seem balanced?
>Changing flat -5+10 to either-
>Attack without Proficiency, instead add Proficiency to damage
Or the significantly stronger-
>Attack without Proficiency, add 2x Proficiency to damage

>Sharpshooter can be used with thrown weapons
>GWM also works for Flails, Maces, Battleaxes, and other fitting weapons

>New feat- Prescison Strike
>One of the above damage/proficiency things with Longswords, Finesse Weapons, Spears, etc.

I need an ability for Prescison Strike that's on par with the GWM/SS abilities.
Maybe "If you have Advantage on an enemy you can add X to your attack roll once per turn".
>>
>>54414917

Aren't throwing weapons generally the ranged option of choice for beefy types?
>>
>>54414917
I mean, obviously there would be different characters
But realistically, they'd all (or nearly all) use guns.

>>54414917
I'm sorry, que?
>>
>>54414939
Yeah, but sometimes you just wanna hit some fucker who's 1/20th of a mile away. All of my martial characters have been premiere javelin chuckers, but it is kind of a last resort and a bit lopsided when you've got dudes with longbows or heavy crossbows who can effortlessly whip out a rapier and go to town, on top of Dex still being the stronger stat.

>>54414943
Don't need to correct for the arc, timing, or aim for a gap in armor if you're using a (cross)bow with such an obnoxiously high draw weight that you're shooting a straight line right through a fucker.
>>
Is there a scan of Xanathar's guide to everything?
>>
>>54415026
Your armchair weaponmastery means nothing. The fact is, the people in the wild west DIDN'T use crossbows. Now, you can say every cowboy and every Indian was an idiot, or you can try to figure out if they maybe knew something you don't.
>>
>>54415026
Also, the pic name is fucking stupid, because crossbows were made of steel since forever.

>>54414935
The biggest problem, of course, being that you're calling it "Precision Strike" and yet it's less accurate than a regular strike.
>>
>>54415076
They also didn't take half damage when they got really angry or shoot fireballs because Grandpa fucked a dragon.
>"running a wild west-esque campaign" means "running a game in the actual real world wild west"
Can you use your Mystic powers to tell the board the rest of my campaign details, Anon
>>
>>54415073
It isn't out yet.
>>
>>54415136
Okay, thanks
>>
>>54415122
The picture is of a gastraphetes. Maybe slow down on the shitposting a bit.
>>
>>54415122
And Sharpshooter does the same thing. Assume the extra damage is from aiming for a weak point that's harder to target, such as shooting a goblin in the head instead of in the torso.
>>
>>54415132
>Don't need to correct for the arc, timing, or aim for a gap in armor if you're using a (cross)bow with such an obnoxiously high draw weight that you're shooting a straight line right through a fucker.
Your last argument, which I was responding to, had literally nothing to do with game mechanics.
>>
What's a good reason for the Cult of the Crushing Wave to want to take control of a city? Would Elemental Evil/chaos just want it destroyed? Or should there be a bigger reason behind it?
>>
Planning on running White Plume Mountain for my players...
Any particularly bad encounters I should be wary of?
Sir Bluto and his men (CR8 Champion and eight CR3 Knights!!!) seems a bit much, as does the exit encounter with Nix and Nox (CR11 each!).
Also am I misreading the map or is the stream and Sir Bluto's room just there for no purpose? I thought at first he had the key to the reverse-ziggurat but no, he just has the key to a secret passage leading back to the main hallway... What?
>>
>>54415189
It's a port city.
>>
>>54415178
It does if you're using it as a justification for Strength-based bows, however at odds that is with physics in a fantasy game featuring magical superhumans.
>>
>>54415189
Because power.
If you can take it over, do so.
If you can't take it over, corrupt it.
If you can't do either, blow it up.

If you have taken over a city or are trying to do that, it's because it gives you cash and food and other resources with which you can power up your cult and use to achieve your other goals.
>>
>>54415220
Don't feed the autists, anon.
>>
How do we fix Mystics lads?
>>
File: 1500408188014.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1500408188014.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
So, I want to download 5etools locally so I can use it when pic related hits and it inevitably get hit with a C&D. How would I go about doing this?
>>
>>54414783
>>54414800
I'm think of making it a save (DC 16) for half damage type of weapon. Is this unbalanced?
Also gonna make different types of powder that change the damage type, lower the damage by two dice and inflict conditions on hit if you fail the saving throw.
Here are some examples:
>fire powder, save or on fire (10 fire damage every turn) until action to put out
>ice power, save or paralyzed (frozen) until end of its turn
>thunder powder, save or pushed 10ft and deaf until end of its turn
>poison powder, save or poisoned until con save is made
>radiant powder, save or blind until end of its turn
>love powder, save or charmed by predetermined race of creatures until end of its turn
What do you think?
>>
>>54415303
Try manifesting the Read The Thread power.
>>
File: 3_Chandra_Torch_of_Defiance.png (239KB, 811x313px) Image search: [Google]
3_Chandra_Torch_of_Defiance.png
239KB, 811x313px
Help me name my yuan ti undying light inquisitior. Pic is his thoughts on the undead.
>>
>>54415320
If you're trying to make it usable by one person just fuck off right now. There needs to be an action to load it, an action to aim it, and an action to fire it.
>>
>>54408113
>tfw when you just realized you can make a duplicate of 5etools and work your houserules and disallowed options right into the main rules source your group uses.
now i just have to figure out how to use GIT on windows.
>>
>>54415312
I would like to know as well.
I can't live without 5etools, familyfams.
d&d beyond is utter shit.
>>
>>54415371
install gentoo, my friend
>>
>>54415357
there is, but the moment you fire isn't a ranged attack, but a dex saving throw
>>
>>54415312
The problem with an offline version is it won't be kept up to date with the new stuff coming out, sadly.
>>
How do we fix gunsmith lads?
Get rid of the lightning shot and replace it with something more interesting?
Replace the fire shot with a special ammo use x amount of times equal to int mod that will really fuck up somebody hit by it?
Ability to mount a firearm to your mechanical servant?
>>
File: 013.png (876KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
013.png
876KB, 1125x1600px
Would it be wise to give False Appearance to a Swarm of Insects? Trying to find other ways to mess around with players and loot than the usual mimic or trapped chest.
>>
File: readthepageloli.png (376KB, 645x671px) Image search: [Google]
readthepageloli.png
376KB, 645x671px
>>54415312
>>54415372
>5etools is a suite of HTML-and-JavaScript tools for players and DMs of D&D 5e. You can find and download the project on GitHub.
>https://github.com/astranauta/astranauta.github.io
>Simply download the project as a zip, extract it all to a folder, open the .html files in a browser, and it's ready to go!
>>
>>54415418
You could just update it yourself if you aren't retarded.

I've been considering learning how to work that shit so I can make my own "hook". I could probably puzzle out how to make edits to the current one as "babbys first HTML page".
>>
>>54415418
It will if you put new stuff into it the same way the original author does. Ain't like it's automatic.
>>
>>54415471
thanks imouto-chan
>>
>>54415312
>git hub. Com / astranauta
>click repositories
>click 5etools
>click clone or download
>click download zip.

Youll need to host it somewhere (such as a new private git hub repo) to use it though.

>>54415386
I don't really want to have to shut everything down and boot into Linux. That's Hella inconvenient.

And my steam games and acrobat pro and in design and photoshop don't work right in Linux. Nor do my razer hardware or (last I checked) my Wacom tablet. Even my mouse doesn't work right in Linux.

Been contemplating starting a project in Unity (easy cross platform, runs on low end hardware) and i hear that's really iffy on Linux, too.

I tried to switch over at one point, it was just not reliable enough for most of my use cases.

And for the few where Linux would do, my chromebook I bought for its 9 hour battery life will do just as well.

So, I need to get git working on windows, unfortunately.
>>
>>54415470
why not? could be fun.
Also, don't forget that turning mimics into things other than chests is fun and less expected by players.
I also like the ol' the weird grey door is actually a grey ooze trick.
>>
>>54415486
>You could just update it yourself if you aren't retarded.
I'm not retarded but I've always been competely and utterly horrible when it comes to coding.
>>
>>54415553
There's no coding involved in updating it.

You open the .Json data files in a Json editor, add the stuff in the simple text data format, and hit save.

If you're using a Json editor it should tell you if you screwed up the formatting.

Its just data entry.
>>
>>54415620
You could probably use some HTML/webpage creating software like Adobe... whatever its called.

I'll probably do that becauae im an artfag and I gotta have "muh ui".
>>
>>54415553
Also, making your own mirror of it, as
>>54415371 pointed out, means you can add in your group's houserules, or whatever DMG content you may allow as well as remove any content you don't allow, such as (perhaps) mystic and artificer.

Also, I just noticed 5etools is missing a lot of the "optional" or "variant" rules in the dungeon masters guide.
>>
File: 43710_1305623039038_full.jpg (172KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
43710_1305623039038_full.jpg
172KB, 720x480px
>>54415331
Flameo Hotman.
>>
>>54415331
Mr snek snek
>>
>>54415649
It's not a website/html file. It's a data file that the web pages use Javascript to load the information from.
>>
>>54415486
>You could just update it yourself if you aren't retarded.
You're making some big assumptions there anon
>>
>>54415649
>>54415746
It has more in common with typing stuff into a spreadsheet than it has with designing a webpage.
>>
Would you rule a proficiency in a martial weapon too much for a story background feature?

eg "He's been a city guard for the last ten years of his life, can he know how to use a great sword?" or "Ex Slave Gladiator now freed that's somehow survived that long, in the past year he's gotten pretty good at using a maul" etc
>>
>>54415770
>>54415649
That said, you could make a small tweak to the tops of the data files to be able to edit them in something like json buddy for windows and then tweak the file back so the webpage can load it.
>>
>>54415815
Like, in place of the normal background feature they would get?

Id be fine with it.
>>
>>54415815
Depends on if you think they're doing it for story reasons or cause the player is a powergamer. If the former, yes, if the latter, no.
>>
>>54415815
Most backgrounds grant 2 proficiencies. You could consider swapping one out for a weapon proficency. Or if you class grants weapon proficency, swap that for another weapon. Or pick variant human and take the weapons master feat. Imo weapon type should be pretty flexible, I'd even consider refluffing one weapon to look like another.
>>
>>54415841
Trade the skill proficiency for a single weapon prof? Hm
>>54415846
True. Though the only non-martial class I can imagine might make use of it is a non tempest/war cleric. Druids can't even use it, and rogues lose all their abilities with a non-finesse.
The hell would a lore bard or a wizard even do with a great sword though? The fuck would a full caster even do with a greatsword/maul that's better than just casting firebolt?
>>
>>54415950
>The fuck would a full caster even do with a greatsword/maul that's better than just casting firebolt?
Dragon Sorcerer could pick up a Rapier and use quickened/twinned BB/GFB.

That's the only example off the top of my head, I guess a Rogue could get a Whip? That'd probably not be okay to me.
>>
>>54415815
>"He's been a city guard for the last ten years of his life, can he know how to use a great sword?"
A city guard with a greatsword is a bit of a stretch. It's like expecting a street cop to know how to use an M-60. That kind of low-grade militia protection would more likely use spears, maces and arming sword (ie shortswords).
>>
What kind of wizard do you like having in your party the most?
>>
>>54416093
Div Wiz, fuck the DM's plans.
>>
>>54416093
The kind that don't piss and moan and ask if they can switch their characters to draconic sorcerer for higher AC because a giant toad swallowed em one time.
>>
>>54415950
No, not the proficiency, the feature.

Like how acolyte gets shelter of the faithful.
>>
Speaking of backgrounds, does this seem too OP (though situatuonal)?

It's for a Mystic with Intellect Fortress

>Any creature that attempts to read your mind or view your memories instead sees only a blank void
>This effect doesn't actually stop any mind reading effect, instead it only shows blank results.
>Two Skills, no Tools or Languages
>>
>>54416051
Arming swords are almost definitely d&d longswords.

A d&d shortsword is more like a Roman gladius
>>
>>54416110
>>54416112
>>54416093
What kind of class in general do you like when others play?
>>
>>54416238
One they've actually read the abilities for.
>>
>>54414935
I simply made it so SS can't work with Xbow Expert and GWF can't work with PAM. Now it's balanced
>>
>>54416051
It's like you don't know anything about Marozzo and the spadone.
>>
>>54416019
That's about equal, though more dangerous since their max AC is like, an 18 at 20Dex (+5 if shield)
Assuming 6th level, 4d8+8+2d8(If they move) vs straight up 4d10+8
As for rogue with a whip that could be interesting

>>54416093
Had a game where the V. Human Abjuration wizard took Resilient (CON) for 16 total. Then got +2HP/Level from their ward. Mix that with a decent AC + shield and they straight up tanked a lot with their pseudo 47HP since only the fighter had an equivalent amount (dex based with 12 con iirc)

Wouldn't say that made them great, but I thought it was pretty funny that the wizard was the tankiest character in the party with the best Con save by far.
>>
Are monks ever contributing members to the party, or are they all just worse fighters/rogues that bend over backwards to justify taking a proportional share of treasure despite never actually having a valid in-character reason to?
>>
>>54416349
Monks are fine at damage, nothing fancy compared to minmaxed builds but they do enough to contribute. Other then that they work best at tearing apart mages and other fragile targets that are hard to get to. Also they're very tanky when played well.

>justify taking a proportional share of treasure despite never actually having a valid in-character reason to?
Food, bed, savings, luxury items and so on. If he's one of those vow of poverty types then it's silly, but plenty of PC Monks are just treasure hunting Bruce Lee.

It's also worth noting that I wouldn't piss off a Monk in character, the class demolishes in PvP environments because of Stunning Strike.
>>
>>54416349
The two monks I've played with have ended up being proactive members of the party that push things along and know when to step back and let the cleric or rogue do their out of combat thing. In combat they both toss enemies around and are great distractions for the squishy back line.
>>
>>54416345
Fighter 1-2 or Paladin 2/Abjuration Wizard seems like it might be rather strong.

>>54416349
I'm playing a Sharpshooter (with Darts) Monk and it's been pretty effective so far, Elven Accuracy means I have an almost 100% hit rate on stunned enemies.
>>
File: Captureeeeeeee.png (641KB, 1584x669px) Image search: [Google]
Captureeeeeeee.png
641KB, 1584x669px
>200 dollars for spell cards
Jesus fuck what the hell?
>>
>>54416349
>stealthy
>runs fast
>jumps far
>climbs like a monkey
>ignores falling damage
>possibly teleports and silences in an area
>can negate any humanoid one-on-one
>laughs at archers
>deletes mages
Monks are great if you play them like a fucking Monk or Rogue. The problem everyone here has is they imagine the Monk is a Fighter without armor or sword. and if you want to do that, just play a Fighter1/MonkX wearing armor and a sword
>>
>>54416470
>Fighter1/MonkX
Is that viable?
>>
>player hands me his character sheet
>Name: George Benson
okay
>Class: Bard
hm
>Skin: Black
okay hold up now
I'm actually okay with this.
>>
>>54416470
>Monk is a Fighter without armor or sword
>if you want to do that, just play a Fighter1/MonkX wearing armor and a sword

How's that playing a Fighter without armour or a sword? If anything the correct answer for a fighter without armour or sword is a Lizardfolk Monk 1/Fighter X.
>>
>>54416533
ugh you know what i meant, they want to play the Monk like a Fighter

>>54416506
For the price of Action Surge (if you don't pick up another level at some point), one ASI in standard play, Indomitable (if you even get that far), and 1hp/level, you gain:
>DODGE and Dash as a bonus action
>Flurry of Blows for an extra 8-12 damage if you're not some kind of PAM whore
>EVASION
>ranged damage reduction / negation / return
>ignore most falling damage
>STUNNING STRIKE
>action to end Charm/Fright
>Shadow Monk powers, because why would you ever pick something else
>ability to challenge people / their horses to a race while wearing your fullplate, take it off when they accept, and blow them the fuck out for fun and profit

The only thing you lose by being a Monk in armor / weapon is
>unarmored AC, which is pointless if you are wearing armor
>unarmed damage, which is pointless if you have a weapon (including the free bonus punch)
>bonus speed, which everyone else manages without
>>
File: 1410655278803.png (7KB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
1410655278803.png
7KB, 300x164px
>DM is going to have Strahd track down, kidnap, and turn my paladin's wife
>DM is going to cuck my paladin

I'm both looking forward to and dreading this weekend's sessions.
>>
>>54416278
Actually I think I found a good way to balance it, which also helps because with this you can GWM with one handed weapons, and doubles as making Versatile a worthwhile trait.

>When you attack (blah blah skipping)- you can choose to attack without your proficiency bonus. If you do, you instead add your proficiency bonus to damage. If you are wielding your weapon in two hands with the Two Handed or Versatile traits, you instead add double your Proficiency Bonus to damage.

Bam, works for both Sharpshooter with Longbows versus Hand Crossbows and GWM with a greatsword versus one-handed Longsword/shield. Also works for two handed thrown weapons like Spears.
>>
>>54416694
>his PC has a wife
>his PC is a PALADIN and has a wife
You asked for this.
>>
>>54416093
The sort that doesn't take bladesinger or a single level dip of cleric for AC stacking memes.
>>
>>54416722

I really did, we're all close friends but we've been giving our (first time) DM a lot of playful shit for how light the game has been given the campaign we're running.

Guess we pushed him a little too far.
>>
Are Wizards the only one who "prepares" spells? How does thaat work for say a cleric?
>>
>>54416809
Read their spellcasting feature.
>>
>>54416792
Close friend DMs are the cruelest
RIP Darkle
>>
>>54416809
Clerics and Druids receive their spells from their god and nature respectively through meditation, so they don't "prepare" in quite the same way.
>>
>>54416718
Sounds good except it still works with PAM so you are giving PAM a gigantic boost
>>
I've never been to an Adventurer's League game but I'd like to, because my schedule's a bit too inconsistent to commit to something right now but my FLGS has AL Monday nights.

What should I know about AL going in? What's the AL-approved method of character creation, point buy or rolling? Is it customary to show up with a character or for people to create their characters there?
>>
>>54416905
That's true, but for bigger weapons the damage/accuracy won't reach current GWM until level 13 (where it matches up 1:1)

I'm not too concerned with that.
>>
>>54416718
>>54416905
Also it's not really a nerf, just makes it better early game. Interesting that it works with twf in the weaker state though. It now makes twf a nerfed PAM/GWF hybrid. PAM/GWF is still OP af in that instance though
>>
>>54416987
I was considering making a feat specifically for TWF too but haven't put any thought into it yet.
>>
>>54416964
I mean PAM is an extra 3-21 damage a round. A ~20% damage boost is nothing to sneeze at. Personally I'd simply say gwm doesn't work with reach weapons
>>
File: 2.png (743KB, 1031x813px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
743KB, 1031x813px
Has anyone got value out of Control Water?

One of my players wanted to use "direct flow" to have the sea crawl up a boat and start choking the pirates on board. In the spirit of rewarding creative thinking I allowed it.

But beyond the Flood ability it doesn't seem great.
>>
Odd question, but I got a friend that wants to try DM'ing for me and my pals, and what pre-made adventure is best for beginners other than LMoP? We're pretty new, so we did that one just a while ago, so nobody is really feeling up to replaying it, but also he isn't ready to make a campaign yet.

He says he'd do a pre-made one, but they all look pretty hectic for a new DM, any suggestions? Should I just buck up and help him make a campaign? I already did it once for another guy in the group, but I just want to be able to sit down and play w/o any strings attached.
>>
>>54417075
Flood is the main one. Basically if there's ANY water around then it's worth preparing for Flood alone, awesome control spell. I would recommend also casting Water Breathing on the party each day if you plan to use it a lot though.
>>
>>54417048
I mean specifically compared to current PAM+GWM. I think it being strong is fine since it needs 2 feats to function, though I'd also point out that I never have vHumans using both either.

I suppose id modify vHuman so it can't take PAM or one of these feats at level 1.
>>
>>54417075
>Has anyone got value out of Control Water?
Moses.
>>
>>54417121
That might work. Sounds good. I might steal your idea
>>
>>54417075
My group used Control Water to steel from a boat at sea. We redirected the flow of the water to stop the boat. While it was stopped, another player used darkness to conceal our approach. We moored next to the larger ship, boarded and snuck into the cargo hold. From there we unloaded a significant portion of the ship's loot. Then we used Control Water again to part the water to mess with the ship and allow for a clean escape.
>>
File: 1498690909209.jpg (53KB, 599x677px) Image search: [Google]
1498690909209.jpg
53KB, 599x677px
Rolled 16, 18, 14, 20, 7, 12 = 87 (6d20)

What am I gonna be? Gonna assume anything lower than a 7 is a 7 and anything higher than an 18 is an 18.
>>
>>54417163
A very strong character is what
>>
File: Burgerpants2.png (3KB, 124x184px) Image search: [Google]
Burgerpants2.png
3KB, 124x184px
>>54417163
Oh wow. I didn't get anything lower than a 7.
Huh. Looks like I play a "hit things" character since that one 7 I did get kinda prevents me from playing anyone who uses magic.
Or their brain outside of an academic setting.

Actually I could just go full crazy wizard with that. 20 Int I can make whatever fuckin magical artifacts I want, no matter how unwise it would be to do so.
>>
>>54417075
There's this part in SKT where you can go into an open-ceiling cave / burial mound thing, and it's full of Uthgardt assholes and one of them summons a fire elemental. There's a natural spring in the corner.

We flooded the whole thing and sat on an elevated spire in the middle fighting a manticore or some shit. When the Uthgardt tried to swim towards us, our Warlock Evard's them under the water and they drowned.
>>
>>54413184
Bad stats would be worse on any other system I've heard of.
>>
File: 1437201127066.jpg (2MB, 1400x2120px) Image search: [Google]
1437201127066.jpg
2MB, 1400x2120px
>>54417217
I mean by RAW, does a fire elemental care about being in water?

Or would it just boil it away with its endless fire.
>>
dice+6d20
>>
File: no.png (30KB, 514x352px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
30KB, 514x352px
>>54417261
>>
Rolled 20, 12, 11, 2, 10, 2 = 57 (6d20)

Look on my stats, ye mighty, and despair!
>>
>>54413242
Sorry, it took forever to respond anon.

The sapphire gem does not stack it overrides if its bonus is higher. If you had a +3 magic weapon and placed this gem in there it would do nothing on activation. But I will make it so it requires attunement.
>>
>>54413903
>Gnome character for 3 years and two different editions
>end up coming back as a Tiefling
Welcome to 4e release?
>>
>>54417288
>Look at my face, ye mighty, and despair!
FTFY
>>
>>54417288
>2 int 2 cha
HULK SMASH
>>
>>54417245
RAW, there's no rules about it.
But a fire elemental isn't an endless source of fire. It more than one turn to raise the water level from the elemental's feet to over its head, during which it got increasingly fucked up and disadvantaged. When it was fully submerged, the DM just killed it in an explosion of steam.
>>
>>54417048
I mean with this at level 4, assuming Vhuman for both, that 1d4+15 becomes 1d4+9. Seems fine to me, especially when you consider this is assuming a 20 STR at 4, when in reality a Point Buy vHuman will have 16 at most and a rolled one having 19 at most.
>>
File: char.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>54417318
>>
>>54417245
>Water Susceptibility.

>For every 5 ft. the elemental moves in water, or for every gallon of water splashed on it, it takes 1 cold damage.
>>
File: Leatherback_EMP_Attack.jpg (530KB, 1224x680px) Image search: [Google]
Leatherback_EMP_Attack.jpg
530KB, 1224x680px
>>54412756
Why don't living have vulnerability to necrotic?

>>54413083
AntiMagic Pulse attack. Creates an anti magic field on x radius for y rounds.
>>
Rolled 10, 1, 4, 1, 12, 6 = 34 (6d20)

:^)
>>
Would wot4e be more playable if you could use your bonus action attack/FoB after spell casts as well?
>>
>>54417385
Goddamn that is terrible.
>>
>>54417395
no, Wot4E has too little ki as it is, being able to flurry after using a spell just means that have 1-2 rounds of usefulness instead of 2-3
>>
Is the half elf or variant human better for the warlock?
>>
>>54417432
Winged tiefling
>>
>>54417454
There's already a winged tiefling in the party.
>>
>>54417418
Also meant just the normal bonus action attack, though I mostly like water whip for the class. Is it okay if that just changes back to a bonus action?
>>
Do you use another skill and saving throw system for 5e?
>>
>>54417291
Ah that's not so bad then. Although if you are thinking of letting them go in magic items at any point then your sapphire suddenly falls off compared to the others since I'd assume you'd only be giving out a +1 sapphire when +1 gear is starting to turn up anyway. Have you considered anything else for it's bonus in that situation?
>>
>>54416718
This does absolutely nothing except kill the hand crossbow. Congratulations.
>>
any good homebrew/unofficial campaigns you can recommend?
>>
>>54417473
What if ALL the spells were a bonus action? Give the wot4e monk a reason to exist, casting full spells with full attack rounds. While it would essentially replace your fob from being a monk, just means your Ki is spent elsewhere. Will still suck early before you get a decent number of Ki, but after a little but it could be pretty fun.

Only way this could be overpowered would be with the Hold Person, but even then Stone Sorcerer/Radiant Soul Sorc can holdperson + attack in one turn
>>
>>54417518
>implying hand crossbow shouldn't be killed
>implying versatile weapons shouldn't be buffed
memecostanza.png
>>
Best class to pick if I want to use a heavy crossbow? I like the idea of basically firing spears at people from a drawstring bazooka.
>>
>>54417048
>great weapon master doesn't work with the greatest weapons
just fucking kill yourself

>>54417432
Half-Elf is the undisputed best race for CHA classes. V. Human is best for everything else. Unless you're playing only from first to third level, that is.
>>
>>54417585

what if you aren't a tepid sidewalk dog turd and want to play for fun and RP instead of having the best theoretical numbers

what about that
>>
>>54417581
Nice opinion you've got there.
>>
Let's roll some characters
dice+6d20
>>
Rolled 10, 4, 10, 16, 10, 15 = 65 (6d20)

>>54417615

Sure, why not?
>>
The only valid fix to weapon feats is to give each weapon an inherent part of a feat. For example, greatsword might get GWM's bonus action attacks while pike might get PAM's reaction attacks and so forth.

This way, you remove the weapon feat tax, buff martials who didn't take feats before and were underpowered and you can switch between weapons without having to worry about not being specialized in them. It also makes weapon choice more meaningful.
>>
Rolled 1, 7, 12, 14, 19, 13 = 66 (6d20)

@54417596
Then you shouldn't ask what race is better.
>>
Rolled 17, 14, 17, 7, 17, 7 = 79 (6d20)

Rolling for Cleric
>>
>>54417664
Download "Beyond Damage Dice", balance and apply some of its stuff so weapons have differences between them (Glaive/Halberd and Scimitar/Shortsword)

>>54417585
V Human is better than Half-Elf for Cha classes.
>>
>>54417780
I may not be the brightest or prettiest, but I sure can smash up some skellies. Deus Vult!
>>
File: Evolving Magic Items.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Evolving Magic Items.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>54417510
Thank you for the help. I have some pretty powerful magic items in my game so I worry a little about how this can interact with them, for the sake of examples here are the items I made for my game, could you imagine anything breaking with these extra options?

>Sapphire suddenly falls off.
Well, there are several magic items that do not have attack bonuses, this gives them that so I don't think it completely falls off.

>Something else for its bonus action...
I don't really have anything else for that one. Any ideas? It's meant to be a basic magic item bonus.
>>
>>54417788
They get to have the same stats and feat, except the Half-Elf has +1 skill, +1 language, darkvision and fey ancestry.
>>
>>54417673
You're goddamn autistic and severely retarded.
>>
>>54417596
Then stop being a tepid sidewalk turd.
>>
>>54417518
Well a full-size crossbow or longbow should realistically do more damage than a hand crossbow. Just like no one complains that greatswords do more damage than daggers.
>>
>>54417830
Eh off the top of my head Maybe you could have it make weapons keen? Increasing their crit range. Make the whole sapphire line interact with crits in ways like that, either boosting crit range or damage or whatnot in the weapon. The armor interactions could be shifted towards damage reduction, crit prevention and the like perhaps?
>>
>>54417853
War Caster on Bard/Sorcerer/Warlock
GWM/PAM/Shield Master on Paladin
By level 4 a VHuman has one feat and 18 Cha, a Half-Elf has one feat and 16-17 Cha or no feat and 18-19 Cha
>>
>>54417902
Nice false equivalence. The dagger can be thrown and is finesse, so it works with sneak attack. So the dagget fills another niche and isn't just a worse greatsword.
With those changes, hand crossbow is a worse longbow.
>>
So if I want to play a Necromancer who doesn't do the skeleton army bullshit what are my options?

So far I'm seeing Necromancer Wizard who avoids animate dead, Death Cleric and Undying Warlock. Thoughts on this?
>>
>>54417839
>>54417839
>>54417839

new thread
>>
>>54417944
The human paladin has less strength, the human full casters have less AC or constitution, making it easier to lose concentration as well.
>>
>>54417902
Well it does. Technically.

It's the flat +10 damage and free bonus attack that imbalances it.

I'd be fine with making two kinds of hand crossbow, one that's the same as current but can be used with a shield and one that has Versatile so anon can get his precious extra damage with it since with the current setup you could wield a shield and throw Javelins with Sharpshooter.
>>
>>54417952
It still gets the bonus action attack and can attack enemies within 5ft.
>>
>>54417585
t. autistic powergamer
>>
>>54415192
There i no purpose
>>
>>54408113
Tell me fellow DMs: am I a bad GM? We recently started a new round with friends. And obviously they decided to play a murderhobo campaign. So, nearly no roleplay, slay everything, try to solve problems using violence and force.

I'm the forever DM of our group. Problem is, I have no interest at all in DMing such a campaign. I'll have to invest a lot of free time preparing the campaign and I simply do not want to simply be an analog combat simulator.

When I discussed this with my friends, we recognized that they were so used to me being the DM, that they never even thought about whether I would like a play style they'd chose.

We agreed to find some compromise, or at least play a real fun murderhobo campaign, like the Goblins!-Adventure from pathfinder.

I just wanted to ask, how do you see this? To what length would you undermine your own fun for the sake of the PCs?
>>
>>54416451

Gale Force 9 doesn't have a direct deal with Amazon, so whenever their own website stocks out the scalpers post artificially inflated 3rd party sales hoping to sucker somebody.

When their next run hits they usually charge $22 from their site but I've seen others sell as low as $13.
>>
File: 1295423507211.jpg (118KB, 500x659px) Image search: [Google]
1295423507211.jpg
118KB, 500x659px
>>54417075
>Part Water
>Says nothing about elevation of said water
>Spell has an area of 100 cubic feet

You clearly have never played a 5e sea campaign or done much under the surface, or anything around boats.
Control Water is essential to any cleric in these areas. You don't know true Godly Might until you part a 100ft cube of water into air underneath a pirate ship, in an instant, then REFILL THE SPACE in about 6 seconds.

Then Whirlpool the survivors.

Then Part them again.

Then Whirlpool them again.

See where I am going with this?

Also, consider what that much water moving around at the bottom of the ocean would do, especially, say, to a shark. Or an Aboleth. Hell, even a Kraken is gonna get thrown for a bit of a loop with that.

I would say only Water Breathing beats it out in necessity for an ocean campaign.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.