[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing some crappy tcg. I have 4 factions: Soldiers, Forest spirits;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: palette.png (3KB, 279x135px) Image search: [Google]
palette.png
3KB, 279x135px
Doing some crappy tcg.
I have 4 factions: Soldiers, Forest spirits; Steampunk machines AAAAND evil monsters (vampire/zombie/ghoul shit)

Which one you would you choose?
Which one would you add, guys?
>>
>>54404214
Working under a few assumptions of how each of these factions play, I'd choose Forest Spirits. I'd imagine that:
Soldiers are a more defensive, direct faction that focus on surviving their opponent's plays to deal with their opponent's creatures while keeping their own numbers up
Forest Spirits focus on manipulation/control of your opponent's creatures, while being made up of mostly weak creatures (fairies, gnomes, etc.) with trickery-based effects, possibly with a few larger, stronger but less tricky creatures to act as guardians (ents, dire wolves, something like that)
Steampunk Machines focus on direct, offensive strategies based around stronger monsters that maybe have some kind of revival/repair mechanic but are otherwise a one-and-done kinda thing, and,
Evil monsters would be the counterpart to the Soldiers, focusing on revival of their weaker "minion" creatures/turning defeated enemy creatures into minions to apply pressure to the enemy, while having a few stronger units that act as "bosses" of some kind, maybe enabling revival/conversion in the first place.

As for what faction to add, maybe Elementals, maybe with Earth elementals being durable guardians, Fire elementals being the main source of direct damage, and Wind and Water elementals focusing on manipulating single-target enemies?
>>
>>54404214
Steampunk machine, but then again, im a skub loving idiot
>>
>>54404596
fuk u and ur skub
>>
>>54404751
Suck my skub, you philistine
>>
Tell me 2 important facts first
1: What's the playstyle of each faction?
2: Which has cuter girls?
>>
>>54404584
>>54405008

Soldiers are mostly good on combat; some of them have interesting effects outside of it; but are weak to most altered effects.

Forest spirits can be played "out of the blue" when the enemy attacks you, providing you have a forest to begin with. They're pretty much defensive. They have big guys (ogres and such) but cannot stay long on the battle as they're hard to control. They've got the poison ability which is pretty good imho

Steampunk is a lot about repair, searching in your deck, movility feats, great fighters that consume tons of resources. Immune to poison.

Monsters have a horror mechanic (they cannot be blocked by minions, just by heroes) and are immune to horror themselves.
Cute girls... well that depends i guess. I guess monsters.
>>
>>54404214
which one is the most gimmicky? I would assume eiher forest spirits or steampunk machines so probably those
>>
>>54405445
>>54404214
What's outside of combat?

Based on what you've told us, Steampunk and Monsters could be quite good, being that they're immune to one of the enemy mechanics - depends though, does everyone get limited amounts of Horror/Poison, meaning one faction's just much better at it, or are they unique to Monsters/Forest Spirits respectively?

Steam-machines seem like they'd need set-up for their resources, so being able to search their deck helps for that. If combos can be disrupted in various ways they might fall apart

Forest Spirits seem to need less set-up, and by the sounds of it can have lots of hidden info that makes attacking them risky, but they can't last long in a stand-up fight.

Soldiers seem like the simplest faction, so I'd hope you could keep them from being boring. Also, what "era" are they from?

Are decks limited to being one faction? And if you can have a multi-faction deck, are there multi-faction cards?

Raw Power, Surprise, Combo/Flexibility are all pretty interesting - Ignoring your opponents is often a bit of a polarising mechanic though, so I'd like to find out more about the monsters.

Based on what you've said, some fun mental images of the battles come to mind - Soldiers going in to attack a forest, only to be devoured by the jungle spirits, Steam machines adapting to new threats with ever more outlandish devices, bloody-minded soldiery using guts and firepower to withstand these monsters and abominations, undead horrors freezing the weak in their opponents' armies as they make straight for the command
>>
Too generic for me to decide one way or the other.
>>
File: IMG_3340.jpg (269KB, 569x863px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3340.jpg
269KB, 569x863px
>>54404214
Nicky B
>>
>>54405753
>>54405753
>What's outside of combat?

Card advantage, turn advantage, that kind of things.

The game is still 50% made, so many htings are in the air yet

>>54405475

forest spirits have the greatest synergy, mostly all their cards interact with each other.

steampunk can mesh pretty good with other troops, they just happen to have certain combos.

Decks are open to all factions, in fact I don't expect nobody having a single faction ever. But for forest spirits, who pretty much need each other to work efficiently, you can mix everything together and still makes sense. In fact that's one of my design goals: that you can open a 15 card pack and straight playing
>>
>>54405943
That's a pretty admirable goal - a tricky one, to be sure, but I like it in principle - though 15 cards is pretty small, and there might be a risk that everyone could end up being a bit generic - and losing theme by having everything work well together wouldn't be good.

You mentioned resources before, does that suggest there's a sort of card like Lands in MtG that generate them?

What do you mean by turn advantage though?
>>
>>54404214
What colours in that palette go with what factions?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.