[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of reskinning class options to fit the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: contrast.jpg (154KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
contrast.jpg
154KB, 1095x730px
What do you guys think of reskinning class options to fit the fluff? I've thought of the following
>barbarian with rage - ronin with zen, basically miyamoto musashi a la Vagabond
>wizard with vancian casting - warforged wizard with limited "usb slots" for spells
>>
>>54399823
Your thoughts make me want to vomit but i'm not adverse to the idea.
>>
>>54399918
This. I've definitely refluffed stuff, but your ideas are dumb.
>>
>>54399823
dumb mountain niggers they should all be gassed and set on fire

free tibet from the tibetans
>>
>>54399918
Pretty much summarizes my opinion.
>>
>>54400045
>>54399983
>>54399918
Give me your ideas, then
>>
>>54400055
First of all
>Barbarian
>Ronin
>Zen

If you want to do a Weaboo Barbarian, Ronin is OK as a base but there is nothing zen about it and it really doesn't work. In L5R they have genuine berserkers, who either enter a berserker rage or if you want something more focused the so called 'dead eye trance'.

As for the warforged, a USB slot is a fucking hardware input, that has nothing to do with spell slots which would be a software limitation.

Instead, the Warforged Wizard downloads copy protected spells from the Spellbook App, paying for single use .exe spells which they load into their memory. When the spell.exe runs, it self deletes due to the copy protection.

A sorcerer literally jailbreaks progs. to have multiple uses but is still hardcapped by HD space.
>>
>>54400309
The idea-base was the actual book of five rings, since Musashi was a Zen Buddhist and was all about combat til the day he died.
>>
>>54400383
That is the exact opposite of what Musashi was about. Musashi literally espoused the value and strategy of not fighting. His whole thing was avoiding duels. This is because wherever he went dumb niggers wanted to sword fight him and he got sick of it.
>>
>>54400401
Funny, since he wrote 5 different works on how to fight properly, fought a bunch of duels anyway, and died after finished a book about strategy with specific dueling maneuvers (i.e. lock blades, then when you push off, vertical stroke).
The only thing I've read of his that might give the impression of pacifism is his advice to not be autistic about fighting and weapons, and to practice what is useful and not to be a collector.
>>
>>54400401
>"The sword has to be more than a simple weapon; it has to be an answer to life's questions."
>>
File: 1428626580297.png (926KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
1428626580297.png
926KB, 640x718px
>>54399823
Those are both fine Ideas that I would gladly allow in my game. My game incorporate refluff heavily. Hell, that barbarian-rage into zen-murder-mode is something that has already happened at my table.
>>
>>54399823
I'm entirely for it. I've wanted to play a zen barbarian but none of my DMs have been keen.
>>
>>54399823
Classes are almost by definition pidgeonholed into a specific niche, so refluffing isn't as easy as it first appears. Rage as Zen Hyperdocus works, but transitioning the Barbarian as a whole to a Ronin is a tad wonkier once you factor in other traits like animal totem, outdoorsy skill lists, etc.
>>
>>54404475
Do a monk who stores his anger to release it when he needs it.
>>
>>54404886
I hadn't thought about totems. I was planning to work in each of the Five Rings into class advancements, concept-wise. Outdoorsy stuff is obvious - you play up the Ronin specifically as a wanderer.
>>
>>54404886
>Animal Totem
Martial Art Forms named after animals giving you kung-fu super powers

>Outdoors skills
Ronin are always on the move as mercenaries and often live on the road.

It is like you don't even try...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.