[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I may have fucked up slightly in my storytelling, and I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

So I may have fucked up slightly in my storytelling, and I want to hear y'all opinion of it before I decide what to do.

Basically, I've got a player who wanted to play a somewhat more morally-ambiguous game. His character is high charisma, manipulative, and power hungry. So far it's worked out great. I've been throwing greater-of-two-evils types at him mostly, so he can save the town, but still play the character. Near the beginning of the game, I introduced him to an NPC witch to support him with potions and such. She's been bound in service to an outsider ever since her father fucked up his debt. I've been slowly pushing a romance between them closer and closer, leaving him with a choice, but making it clear that she's into him.

Now here's my issue. I recently realized I've pair up a textbook narcissist with a textbook co-dependent. While I admit I don't know a lot about relationships, I do know that these types of pairs are notorious for blowing up spectacularly. So do I let them keep falling in love and give them a happy ending, glossing over the obvious flaw? Or do I have it fall apart like it should?
>>
>>54393489
as someone who mainly GMs MonsterHearts (a game which literally has a class for being a co-dependant) I'd have to say it depends on whether or not your group are comfortable having that sort of dynamic at the table. If anyone is made uncomfortable by seeing that kind of screwed-up relationship play out then either angle away from the romance or make it clear to the player that he can't be abusive. That said there is an interesting dynamic to be explored here if no one objects.
>>
>>54393489
Flip a coin and post the results.
>>
>>54393489
See if you can make it creepy enough for the player that they back out on their own accord.
>>
>>54394104
Oh man, I'm not sure if he's smart enough for that. That's the other reason I got nervous about the idea; it would probably hit too close to his last few IRL relationships.
>>
>>54394429
Which side was he on OP?
>>
>>54394511
Basically, this character is a caricature of how he views himself.
>>
>>54394797
Just go all in and hope for the best.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.