[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you killed so many orcs DM gave you a chance of inflicting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: SneeringImperialist2.png (22KB, 193x215px) Image search: [Google]
SneeringImperialist2.png
22KB, 193x215px
>tfw you killed so many orcs DM gave you a chance of inflicting fear whenever you attack
Do you reward your players with perks if they kill enough of something?
>>
>>54389883
People gain notoriety really fast, but only if they leave survivors.

You sound like a shit orc slayer. You shouldn't want to instill fear, you should want to inflict genocide. It's much harder to kill them all if they run on sight.
>>
>>54389997
/thread
>>
>>54389883
Really good idea I'll have to start incorporating this in some ways.
>>
I've had opponents make DC 20 will saves when the barbarian got a crit and deal 73 damage to the orc leader killing him in one blow. I think it makes sense; if you play a video game and see the bad-ass boss you're fighting get one-shotted by another new threat, you'd probably get the fuck away from it and try to figure out a new plan of attack.
>>
>>54389883
Speaking of New Vegas style feats, has anyone ever gained feats by having tier character do one thing consistently well or just meeting in world criteria? "You killed x number of monsters. Roll a d4 for every attack you make against that kind of monster"
"You've saved x amount of gold through bartering. Every item listed in the core rulebook is now 25% cheaper."
Or for passing a really difficult skill check at a critical moment. "You held up the roof long enough for all the orphans to get out of the wreckage. Add 2 to strength."

I'd love to hear what interesting perks you guys have eiether despensed as DMs or earned as players.
>>
>>54389883
Yes, this is how you should do things
>>
>>54390397
An Explorator-Magos in a Rogue Trader campaign I ran ended up with Peer(Mekboyz) after he was seen to get a Leman Russ running again by using the "Rite of Percussive Maintenance".
The Orks reasoning went along the lines of "E's wearin red, e's as 'Ard as a Nob, an' 'e fixed dat by 'ittin' it, so 'e's gotta be a Mek!"
>>
>>54389883
No, players should get penalties for killing too much of something.
>>
>>54390734
Why?
>>
>>54390397
I do this all the time. In my current campaign the most recent ones were (based on class):

Rogue Perk: When you deal sneak attack damage, if your opponent's remaining hit points are equal to twice your level or less, you may choose to reduce them to 0 hit points.

Fighter Perk: Exhaustion levels don't penalize your saving throws. When you take a Second Wind you regain additional hit points equal to your level.

Bard Perk: When you use magic or social skills to sway someone's opinion of yourself, you may subtly change how they feel about a person or issue. You can make them feel more passionate or less passionate, but you can't change the core emotion.

Wizard Perk: You can expend a spell slot as a standard action to summon a Storm Elemental. Its statistics are based on the level of the spell slot you expend. It lasts for five minutes or until slain, and it follows your commands to the best of its ability. You can only have one summoned creature at a time, summoning a second dismisses the first.
>>
>>54390875
It damages the local ecosystem, dude.
>>
>>54389883
>being so forgetful that i make them collect the ears and mark them on their character sheet
>>
File: love-snake.png (242KB, 400x2221px) Image search: [Google]
love-snake.png
242KB, 400x2221px
>>54390999
That can be redeemed.
Imagine this, with goblins / kobolds / you name it.
>>
>>54390999
Fuck the pandas.
>>
>>54391070
The problem with that comic is that it's the british being snek'd, not other pajeets.
>>
>>54389997
>>54390040
Not really anons, you want your enemies to try escaping. That makes it easier to kill them. If they put up a fight you spend more time and can risk taking unnecessary damage.

>Show him there is a road to safety, and so create in his mind the idea that there is an alternative to death. Then strike.
>>
>>54390999

>999

WTF I'm an ecoterrorist druid now!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.