[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GM for folks I don't know over the internet >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 09 - 8Ua3TDd.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
09 - 8Ua3TDd.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>GM for folks I don't know over the internet
>have people who constantly want me to change my setting/game style/system/etc.
>tell them not to play in my game rather than change
>find new players who enjoy how I GM

I do this, but I see this practice be seen with so much hostility by a majority of /tg/. It feels odd to me that anyone would change their style of GMing or the kind of game they want to run for strangers. Sure, if the person is your friend, then by all means change to make your friend happy, but when these people are random from online, why change? Players are the abundant resource I can always find ones who like the kind of game I want to run. Why should I lower my enjoyment to cater to people I don't even know?
>>
>>54388273
It really depends on how you handle interacting with players, if you were a mature adult about it you're probably in the right, this being /tg/ though that isn't guaranteed
>>
>>54388273
/tg/ is full of whiners.
>>
>>54388273
Just look at how /tg/ approaches everything. They are entitled players to the manchild.
>>
>>54388273
While this obviously doesn't hold for everyone here, the "/tg/ consensus" is generally pretty stupid in my experience when it comes to RPGs. I wouldn't be too bothered by it.
>>
>>54389037
It's not like there's really such a thing as "/tg/ consensus". We aren't voting on anything, and odds are if someone finds a shitty topic they're more likely to ignore it than contribute to it. If you're lucky/unlucky enough you'll find more people that agree on something than not, but that's not really the same thing
>>
>>54388273
They're having through putting your story in context, because the context is alien to them.
In offline games, finding a new group can be difficult. In some locations it's impossible.
>>
>>54389132
Then let me amend that to the most prevalent opinions, rather than consensus. For instance, I see a lot more posts talking about how pure improvisation is the best way to GM than planning stuff extensively; the latter is often accused of facilitating railroading.
>>
Depends on how long you've been playing together and how substantial the feedback is. If you've been playing with a guy for a long time who wants to try a different system it's worth hearing him out, if a new guy has just jumped into the game and asks you to change the setting it would be best for everyone if they'd just fuck off.
>>
File: ezgif-2-14bafb4497.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-2-14bafb4497.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>54388273

>Offer to host a game in the game finder thread
>Pick a fairly simple system with a basic adventure premise
>Say that it's going to start simple and not have a ton of fluff details/shit the players have to read
>The stated point is so we all have an easy time starting something and seeing if we have a good enough time to continue

>Get a bite
>Person barrages me with questions about setting and story and blahblahblah
>Point the shit in my post out
>They go back to the game finder thread and begin bitching about me and telling other people not to play with me because I don't know what I'm doing

>Another person just complains about my system choice

It's the people without games and are vocal that are typically insufferable fucks.
The people that aren't already have games.
>>
The answer is that players, especially on /tg/, are MASSIVELY entitled.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.