[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bastion of knowledge is open for all people striving to learn,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 8cbef0b569b85e36345bf070937d5572.jpg (491KB, 1550x872px) Image search: [Google]
8cbef0b569b85e36345bf070937d5572.jpg
491KB, 1550x872px
Bastion of knowledge is open for all people striving to learn, but not everyone is able to enter it's gates. To root everyone, who wants to use knowledge with malicious or selfish intent, scholars of Bastion created a special "lock", that only those with bright mind and clear heart are able to open.

How can someone worthy find a way to open such lock?
>>
>>54385099
>How can someone worthy find a way to open such lock?
By having a "Bright mind and clear heart".
>>
>>54385118
Looks like I've asked the wrong question.

I want to hear ideas of what such lock could be and how is this lock able to filter unworthy candidates.
>>
>>54385099
>doggirls or catgirls?

if doggirls, door opens
if catgirls, a flamethrower appears from the hatch and incinerates the answerer.
>>
>>54385099

This is bullshit, what's the purpose of knowledge if we can't use it for our own benefit. We can collect and preserve knowledge for future generations while also being self serving in the present.
>>
>>54385199
If magic, it just depends on who touches the door, if a good little boy touches it, it opens, if a bad evil dirty man touches it, the handle is immovable
No visible lock is present, just a monolithic door that either opens or doesn't.

If no magic, good fucking luck.
>>
>>54385099
>it's
Somehow OP is locked out of his own premise.
>>
Simple: the lock doesn't exist. it us just that the knowledge of only the worthy may enter is so widespread it is just accepted.
>>
>>54386429
>Bastion is surrounded by village
>Villagers greet people, who come to the Bastion
>They give travellers roof over the head and food while outsiders try to enter the gates
>Villagers observe them for all this period of time
>Villagers are actual scholars and the whole lock-thing is a lie
>Scholars judge outsiders and let them enter the Bastion based on the way they tried to solve this mystery and the way they behaved towards villagers
>Those who are accepted take oath to keep this knowledge secret
>>
>>54387144
all it takes is one committed evil person and all this goes to shit

the very first evil person to go "well shit I'd better act nice and see what I can learn" and actually succeed at it (debatably easy since once they notice they're being watched, they'll probably work out what the game is) just as to go learn whatever shit he wants, then go get some mooks, and come back because he knows that there is no actual indomitable lock, and he can just roll back up with some sellswords and storm the village, then take up shop in the big ass library and start BBEG'ing
>>
>>54385199
> Looks like I've asked the wrong question.

> I want to hear ideas of what such lock could be and how is this lock able to filter unworthy candidates.
When you come to the gate someone allready start solving the riddle. If you help them and let them pass inside before you that means you are smart and kind.
>>
What about people who gain entry with good intentions, and then later become evil?
>>
>>54387630
>all it takes is one committed evil person and all this goes to shit

I feel that depending on a setup it could require a rare powerful individual to work through this unnoticed Maybe some BBEG material?. Assuming this is low-magical or non-magical setting it sounds like a viable option to me.

But if it has to be some sort of impenetrable Black Library, then yeah, it will not work very well.

>>54387864
They will pass, I suppose?
>>
>>54385204
So what happens when I say "Why not both"?
>>
>>54389247
They will say that you are truly enlightened person and they have nothing to teach you.
>>
>>54389247
Door opens and one of the monks incinerates you with a flamethrower.

Catgirls are trash and catgirl lovers are trash.
>>
>>54385204
Weebshit is the darkest of evils and a stain upon your mortal soul. Let Jesus into your heart anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.