[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having trouble trying to come up with an answer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: 1424493851036.jpg (150KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1424493851036.jpg
150KB, 600x450px
I've been having trouble trying to come up with an answer for these RPG questions I had for a while. What makes a dungeon a dungeon? Is it the fact that it's a space filled with monsters and old treasures, or is it just the fact that it's a setting filled with adversity and rewards? Is there a certain goal all dungeons should try to achieve? How do dungeons come to be? What's their purpose?
>>
>>54384646
Thanks for reminding me to catch up on Young Bride's Tale.
I think every dungeon should serve a purpose.
>keep you or something else out
>keep you or something else in
>forbidden experiments lab
>portal to Dimension X
>>
>>54384646
Dungeons, in their most honest form, are areas filled with monsters to kill, hazards to overcome, and shit to loot. That's it. Giving them a realistic or plot-important reason for existing either requires you to stray away from the platonic ideal or for you to jam in a hackneyed MMO-tier justification.
>>
>>54384646
I'm having trouble coming up with a definition. The best I can come up with is "an enclosed area filled with challenges and/or enemies, plus an end goal".

I consider many things "dungeons". Galleons and castles for example. Few of them are actually underground or are ancient.

For these, I usually use the excuse that the former empire shitted itself when they found out about dragons and built a lot of underground vaults which mostly negated the advantages and huge flying creatures.
>>
File: girls can't love birds.png (526KB, 711x693px) Image search: [Google]
girls can't love birds.png
526KB, 711x693px
>>54384646
>tfw no Otoyomegatari campaign

I never realized how much it hurts until just now
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.