[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some examples of unique and fresh fantasy races that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (60KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 300x420px
What are some examples of unique and fresh fantasy races that you have either made for your game, your GM made for theirs or you know of from some rule book or media?
I am tired of the usual elf Orc dwarf lineup.
>>
>>54383733
Instead of making new "unique and fresh" races (that will just fall into standard archetypes anyway) make existing races unique and fresh.

But aside from that, i had a lot of fun with size/physiology difference. If you play it right, a Dragon or Giant in Fantasycraft feel VERY different from a human. For physiology, i liked Black Mages from FF IX - artificially created sapient short-lived mana constructs are a very fun idea.
>>
>>54383733
Good taste OP, I steal a fuckton from French BD.
Tough I use Dwarf, Elves and some times Halfings and Gnomes, I don't like them to be main races.
>>
>>54384783
say what you will about the french, they come up with some wiiilld races for their comics.
>>
File: whoks.jpg (143KB, 579x800px) Image search: [Google]
whoks.jpg
143KB, 579x800px
>>
My setting has a race of nomadic cactus men who roam the desert in an endless quest for water. When they can't find an oasis, they hunt desert wildlife by jumping on them and impaling them with their spines. They then absorb the moisture of their blood to dehydrate themselves. They also naturally produce a potent hallucinogen.
>>
>>54385217
I like it, but you mean HYDRATE, not dehydrate.
>>
>>54385299
I meant to say rehydrate, yeah. My goal when making them was to make a race that requires water to function, but isn't an aquatic race like merpeople.
>>
File: 4_tellos_5.jpg (50KB, 400x604px) Image search: [Google]
4_tellos_5.jpg
50KB, 400x604px
Tellos had a lot of cool races. Many of them humanoid animals, but done in a badass way, not furry.
>>
>>54385393
Though they had Ulfs instead of Elves, which is... well, Ulf is just a really really old word for Elf so...
>>
>>54383733
The problem is, most people want elves and dwarves and orcs. They want what they are comfortable with.
>>
>>54385380
Pretty sure everything requires water to function friend.
>>
>>54385393
>not furry.
Don't kid yourself. It's still furry. It's just not shit.
>>
>>54385393
>>54385409
>that
>not furry
anon...
>>
>>54385480
everything is furry to you.
>>
>>54384956
The scenarist of OP's pic created a shiton of fantasy universe in comics
>>
He-man (the 2000 version) is actually a great source for varied and unique races
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.