[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We should save the world >Except everyone is an asshole.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1494289725655.jpg (133KB, 803x1000px)
1494289725655.jpg
133KB, 803x1000px
>We should save the world
>Except everyone is an asshole. EVERYONE
>All men are rapists, violent or otherwise unpleasant
>Society is shit.
>In the end we don't care about the setting and its people. We are not doing anything to stop the destruction of the world.
>GM goes mad and don't understand our problem. "Realism" and bla bla bla.
>Dispute
>Group is dissolved.

Could we have handled it better?
>>
Did your game take place in modern China?
>>
>>54383108
Yeah you should of GMed and kept the group together.
>>
>>54383108

"Better' is relative, but from the sound of it, it probably went as well as it could have.

Given what we have to go on from your post, all I think I can see being handled better is leaving the game up earlier. If the GM has to have his grimderp fix and he's getting it at your expense, don't stick around. There's better gaming to be had elsewhere.
>>
>>54383108
One thing that you could've personally done is to ask the rest of the players about their opinion on the game and then go to the GM and tell him about what he could do to improve the game based on what you talked with the rest of the group.

Just... talk. Without incriminations and with soft-spoken criticism.
>>
Maybe your characters could have realized that if the world ends, it'll never, ever get better.

That they should be the change they want to see.

The DM still sounds like a faggot though.
>>
>>54383184
10/10

Shenzhou atm, I hate this place
>>
>>54383108
>Except everyone is an asshole. EVERYONE
I've used to have the same problem with my DM. Nobles were complete uppity cunts, but it's not like peasants were any better. Soldiers were violent thugs, priests didn't believe a word they were saying, quest givers betrayed us for no reason at all, and don't get me started on wizards and bigger fish - they were the biggest cunts of them all.
And none of those assholes moved a finger to save the world. It was all up to us, we all died doing it, and our names weren't even remembered despite us succeeding.

We complained about it a lot. For a year or so. He promised to fix the issue in the next campaign. He didn't. We complained even more, for another year or so.
Finally, in the current campaign, it seems to be on tolerable levels. Everyone is still a low-grade cunt, but at least they're reasonable.
>>
>>54383108
You could've kicked out the GM and started your own group.
>>
>>54383108
It makes sense that your groupnwould be upset, your GM literally left out a whole side of the story.

People can be pretty despicable, fair enough, but it isn't the only state of human being. We are capable of doing good and that is most apparent to me when they willingly (at least those who do willingly) take part in the investment of a society so that the future generations have a basis in which they can thrive, and the humanitarian efforts we are capable of organizing when people are in need.
>>
>>54383108
I had a GM like this. He had every single character we encountered betrayed us, yet always depended on the players trusting whoever came up next. They always had vague plot hooks and couldn't answer even our basic questions, but the game would just stall out if we did nothing so inevitably we'd go along with it and get tricked, usually called fools or getting heavily injured/penalized for our troubles.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.