[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright boys I'm planning out how I'm gonna do it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Alright boys I'm planning out how I'm gonna do it. But I think I'm getting this ball rolling. I did a modern d20 campaign a while back in the corp but it ended really quickly and I still got a lot of plot and NPC's wrote up. So I'm gonna do a new campaign set quite a few years later.

A modern Zombie Campaign with variant zombies and run in a modern scale of the DND 5e system. Do you guys have any reccomendations? NPC's you want me to throw in? Ideas on how to balance and transfer over the feats, etc. I've already got classes, some equipment, and class archetypes sorted out. As well as a main plot/theme thingie.
>>
>>54382969
Why do you want to use dnd for a zombie game? I think you're shooting yourself in the foot.

All flesh must be eaten, world of darkness, or even gurps 4 + gurps zombies would make it much easier for you to run a good zombie game.
>>
File: pistol.jpg (84KB, 602x364px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
84KB, 602x364px
>>54383013
Mainly because the players are really into the idea of 5e modern. Though I haven't checked into any of those systems. I did check into Call of Cthulhu, Runequest, and Delta Green.

All seem just a bit clunky. But If I was gonna go with one of those do you have a strong reccomendation? I'll read into it and if it's just too much I'll stick on what I got here.
>>
File: Jesus....gif (549KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus....gif
549KB, 300x169px
>>54383049
>the players are really into the idea of 5e modern.
That's like wanting to play Not!Game of Throne via Exalted. D&D does not work for anything outside heroic hack and slash dungeon crawling.
>>
>>54383049
>all flesh must be eaten
You have a lot of health / endurance (and weapons deal high damage), so there's room for small stuff like hurting yourself by running through thorn bushes, or exhausting yourself because you have to climb for too long.

All those small little things that happens in a survival situation can slowly wind you down.

>world of darkness
Incredibly simple. Roll attribute+skill d10s. Each 8-10 is a success. Has a morality system which lets you put effort into a roll a few times per day.
Not my personal pick, but it works.

>gurps
Similar to d20 systems. Streamlined. Very lethal. Lots of equipment etc.
>>
>>54383170
the all flesh one was a bit too cartoonish on the outside but that sounds like it might work i'll comb through it again real quick.

World of darkness has a good feel but it's too simple.

Looking into gurps now.

>>54383144
I mean normally I'd agree, but I'm finding good resources for it to work.
>>
Savage Worlds does a good zombie game.
>WoD is too simple
>Looking into GURPS
You poor fool
>>
>>54383794
Why the fuck do people like Savage Worlds? It falls apart when you try and play it online, not only because of it's need for specific distances (unless you want to just guess, in which case, why are you even playing a game and not just making shit up?), but also it's fucktarded card rules, and weird dice proficiency shit.

Have I been playing Savage Worlds wrong? Is there some secret method to make it less garbage?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.