[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I want to buy settlers of cation, but don't want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1500305187499.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500305187499.webm
3MB, 640x480px
Hey guys,

I want to buy settlers of cation, but don't want to spend 40 dollars. Is there a similar game that is cheaper and better / more nuanced?

I am happy to spend the money if the board was made of something other than cardboard.

Any ideas?
>>
ebay and the various digital versions of it come to mind
>>
i hear settlers of anion is pretty good
>>
>>54379294
Yeah, i can buy it for 30 dollars which is what I'll probably end up doing. I am really just hoping for one of you guys to tell me to buy X game that is similar but better in every way. I've never played games save for chess and backgammon.

>>54379311
Cant find anything on settlers
of anion.
>>
Is this thing on?
>>
>>54379263
Maybe consider Settlers of Catan.
>>
...do you Cation?
>>
>>54381048
>>54379311
I am pawsitive I am both attracted to anions and that I Cation.
>>
>>54379263
Catan is worth your money.

Best Normie board game on the market.
>>
>>54381832
Anything less normie that I could pick up on reasonably quickly?
>>
>>54379311

Really? I've heard pretty negative things abotu it.
>>
>>54379263
I wouldn't recommend Catan. It's a decent introductory board game but it doesn't hold up as the systems in the base game are too random.

If you're looking for something light I'd recommend Splendor ($20) and if you're looking for something heavy I'd recommend Terra Mystica ($60, but worth it). If your city has a FLGS they may have an open night where you can play board games with others (both from the store's library and things people bring in).

Also, everyone should own a copy of Codenames, which is like Kirby Air Ride in that it can be played with everyone from normie grandparents to autistic grognards.
>>
>>54382001
Thanks. That's what i was hoping for.
>>
>>54382026
Catan is 29 bucks on Amazon right now. Don't spend retail prices for board games. You can get fucked with cheap Chinese trash on Amazon though so make sure it's not from a third party seller. Lords of Waterdeep is pretty sweet if you can get into the mood of the game. It's around $35.

If you're just looking for less expensive board game staples to start a collection get Love Letter. $10 for an amazingly simple to learn and fun light game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.