[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kinds of chaos do we allow to happen to us as gamers? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What kinds of chaos do we allow to happen to us as gamers? How can we tidy our /tg/ rooms? How can we sort ourselves out as gamers?
>>
>>54377684
It's a goddamn hobby, not a way of life.
>>
>>54377684
Start by allowing quest threads back on this board, I guess.
>>
>>54377684
Pic unrelated...I think?
>>
>>54378192
> hobbies do not need moral and ethical standards and principles
>>
>>54377684
>What kinds of chaos do we allow to happen to us as gamers?
The whims of game companies.

Obviously, we should make our own games.
>>
>>54378711
We do. Every campaign is homebrew.
>>
>>54377684
What's specifically is your qualms with modern day table top gaming
>>
>>54378915
?
>>
>>54378915
Are
>>
>>54378192
fpbp

What are we even shitposting about. My apartment gets thoroughly cleaned before players come for a session.
>>
>>54378598
/pol/ is always chaos
>>
>>54377684
Slay the dragon, save your father!

Seriously though we're often dragged into interpersonal drama because of the social nature of things. It can get pretty rough but I'd say that venting here, thinking about our mistakes we can overcome them and get a better idea of how we want to grow to be better as a roleplayer, or a wargamer or even just a person can help, since we have a whole lot of others who've been through it all before to learn from. Roleplaying especially is a skill a lot of people will need to take time to develop since writing characters and acting them out can be difficult: what makes one good at something is a hard question, so first you aim not to make the mistakes of others, so you aren't bad. Eventually you imitate good habits the you find from others too and you can find yourself improving. You and your group find that balance between chaos and order, that sweet spot where it's not a job and it's not too hectic, and you enjoy it like any other social hobby. Sometimes people, especially DMs, make the mistake of being too "accepting" and other players get stuck in bad habits because nobody reacts negatively. One of the first things /tg/ will tell you is to talk it out like adults if it's bothering you. Sometimes /tg/ tells you the obvious, and that's that you shouldn't bother with some people who are too over the top.
>>
File: 1496711942022.jpg (320KB, 600x941px) Image search: [Google]
1496711942022.jpg
320KB, 600x941px
Lead by example and uplift others instead of tearing them down. Don't just tell them THE way, show them a way.

You have to let some chaos in every once in a while, but too much and you're not playing a tabletop game anymore. You're playing "keep up with the stupid bullshit under the guise of rolling bones". Too much order? Get off the railroad tracks and divert a bit.

Open communication and honest, growth-oriented criticism of yourself and other players goes a long way.

Learn about the game system and universe. Read, watch, listen. Contemplate and discuss. Challenge yourself and then challenge others once you have met the standards of knowing.

Try to have at least one reliable friend (outside the table) at the table.
>>
>>54379049
Hint: "tidy your room" is not necessarily literal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.