[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/osrg/ OSR General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 98

Welcome to the Old School Renaissance General thread.

>Discord Server - Live design help, game finder, etc.
https://discord.me/osrg

>OSR Blog List - Help contribute by suggesting more.
http://pastebin.com/ZwUBVq8L

>Webtools - Help contribute by suggesting more.
http://pastebin.com/KKeE3etp

>Previous thread:
>>54310786

>THREAD QUESTION:
What lurks in the Oceans of your setting?
>>
I'm considering making players purchase XP in my next game. It's not enough to just acquire it, you gotta spend it on a specific character motivation Arneson-style. What does /osrg/ think? Too harsh?
>>
File: objects.png (33KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
objects.png
33KB, 352x224px
I was gonna use Dungeon Painter since a few anons brought it up many threads ago. Chose "Oldschool D&D" to be thematic and realized I don't know what the fresh hell half these things are. I assume you're meant to play it by ear, but to make sure, there's no accepted nomenclature or anything right?
>>
File: Soapy_Smith_1898.jpg (6KB, 167x240px) Image search: [Google]
Soapy_Smith_1898.jpg
6KB, 167x240px
>Smith would open his "tripe and keister" (display case on a tripod) on a busy street corner. Piling ordinary soap cakes onto the keister top, he began expounding on their wonders. As he spoke to the growing crowd of curious onlookers, he would pull out his wallet and begin wrapping paper money, ranging from one dollar up to one hundred dollars, around a select few of the bars. He then finished each bar by wrapping plain paper around it to hide the money.

>He appeared to mix the money-wrapped packages in with wrapped bars containing no money, and then sold the soap to the crowd for one dollar a cake. A shill planted in the crowd would buy a bar, tear it open, and loudly proclaim that he had won some money, waving it around for all to see. This performance had the desired effect of enticing the sale of more packages. More often than not, victims bought several bars before the sale was completed. Midway through the sale, Smith would announce that the hundred-dollar bill yet remained in the pile, unpurchased. He then would auction off the remaining soap bars to the highest bidders.

>Through manipulation and sleight-of-hand, he hid the cakes of soap wrapped with money and replaced them with packages holding no cash. The only money "won" went to shills, members of the gang planted in the crowd pretending to win, in order to increase sales.

>>54370706
The sideways S is for secret doors.
The square with an X in it is for pit traps.
>>
Is there a d6 pool or d100 osr? i am thinking in making one that use one of them
>>
>>54370945
>d100
Heroic Age of Tekumel
RuneQuest
Mithras
>>
>>54370915
Ooh, makes sense
>>
>>54370985
well but they are more brp than dnd
>>
>Comeliness 14 to 17: Causes anyone of the opposite sex to be Fascinated unless their wisdom is at least 50% of the comeliness total (i.e. 7 to 9 or more)
>Even higher comeliness scores have all the more serious consequences
>A character with high comeliness + low wisdom + mirror = ?

Does Unearthed Arcana explain narcissism?
>>
>>54371128
HAoT is B/X with percentile dice and skills according to the author.
>>
Alright, so I didn't bother to edit it much, but I did wrap up my little side project on magic items and cursed stuff for my home campaign.

http://www.occultesque.com/2017/07/1d100-magical-items-of-shallow-daramitz.html

Also pretty happy with how the food document turned out and I have some revisions for that coming soon. Any requests for stuff you guys would like to see?
>>
>>54370413
I haven't written up the wilderness encounters for coasts and abyssopelagic terrain yet but here are a bunch of monsters and their lairs/spoors/tracks/traces for wilderness encounters in the plains.

http://melancholiesandmirth.blogspot.com/2017/07/plains-wilderness-encounters-and.html
>>
File: blue thing with names.jpg (283KB, 1000x1015px) Image search: [Google]
blue thing with names.jpg
283KB, 1000x1015px
>>54370706
I found an image from the guy who made them, in case anyone else needed it
>>
>>54370706
Fireplace, open archway, arrow slit, altar, barrel, bed, crate, table, chair, chest
Dunno, concealed door, covered pit, curtain, well, false door, fireplace again, fountain, illusionary wall, railing
Dunno, one way or double locked door, locked door, natural stairs, one-way door, one-way door, one-way secret door, open doorway, open pit
Pillar, pool, portcullis, railing again, revolving door, quadruple door, secret door, white door, narrow doorway, spiral stairs
Square stairs, stairs down, slide down, statue, smiling barrel, trapped chest, lever, ceiling trap
Floor trap, secret trap, trap, well again, bench

Just my guesses.
>>
>>54371383
Oh, you were actually really close
>>
What's an OSR rule that most people hate but you like?
For me it's Exceptional Strength.
>>
>>54371473
I've never rolled an 18 for a single stat, does this rule ever come into play at all..?
>>
>>54371473
B/X encumbrance. People keep trying to come up with simpler systems when it really comes down to:
>armor
>weapons
>everything else weighs 80 coins
>"carrying treasure" has its own rules on the encumbrance table
>>
>>54371473
Race as class
Clerics
Thieves and B/X skills
The multiple saving throws
Weapon proficiency from 2nd Ed.
>>
>>54371473
What is the exceptional strength rule?
>>
>>54371631
>Race as class
Pretty sure most people here like race-as-class.
>>
>>54371649
When you roll an 18 on strength (which happens about once every 216 rolls) you get to roll a d100 for exceptional strength with higher bonuses and so on
>>
>>54371653
Of course, it's what makes races stand out
>>
Are GURPS treasure tables worth it for OSR?
>>
>>54371473
>>54371649
>>54371733

Also it's a way to granulate the levels of "regular people" versus giants and the like. You could increase strength past 18, by a wish spell and the like, but each increase would only it by 1/10th of a full point and thus you'd go from 18 to 18/10 and the like with 18/00 being the strongest person possible. The only reason I'm hesitant about it is that a few of the people I play with compete in powerlifting and working backwards from the metrics listed for each measure of exceptional strength each have 18/00 strength. It just strikes me as a little weird to have them play characters who would be mathematically weaker than them.
>>
>>54371750
>Of course, it's what makes races stand out

>When dwarves are just fighters with 1 or 2 more HP
>When elves are just a fighter/wizard multiclass
>>
>>54371872
>Dwarves: more HP
>Elves: multiclass
and there we are
>>
>>54371872
Back when there were no multiclasses, even a fighter/wizard stood out. No excuse on the dwarves, though.
>>
>>54371631
We all like race-as-class.
Hating thieves is a meme.
Most of us like the saves.
>>
>>54370945
Would OSR with a dice pool really work?
>>
>>54370945
You could give GURPS Dungeon Fantasy a go.
>>
File: Cauldron #0 artless.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Cauldron #0 artless.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>54372175
>>54372209
>>54370945
3d6 is a dicepool now?
In that case, I recommend Heroes & Other Worlds
>>
>>54371247
>spoor, tracks, traces
This is really cool. Going to steal this for sure. But I'm confused where it says 'roll a d6' in brackets after the anecdotes. I think currently I'd roll a d20 for what type of creature, then a d6 for what type of anecdote. What's the d6 for?

Also something for if you collect enough traces, tracks, etc. you could go looking for trouble or try to avoid it on further encounter rolls.

Keeping track of what has spoor, tracks and such on a map seems like a fun thing to do as well.
>>
>>54371925
Dwarves get a shitton of languages and infravision, plus all sorts of special features in a dungeon 1/3 of the time.
>>
>>54372391
This games looks interesting, what is your experience with it?
>>
>>54371473
Ascending AC.
>>
>>54372175
Dont know if it would work well with the OPEN D6 system/Minisix i think that system tends to high power, also how would saving throws work? it cant be roll higher because there are going to be characters that could roll that much
>>
File: Sethotep HOW conversion.pdf (97KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Sethotep HOW conversion.pdf
97KB, 1x1px
>>54372494
I've never run it, unfortunately. It's solid but it is ambiguous in some places. It's not easy to convert things from D&D and the combat is very crunchy, being a tactical hex-based affair with facing rules.
>>
A fighter pointed out that since he doesn't have a strength bonus, he doesn't see much reason to not just hurl flasks of oil

> 1d6splash damage
>1d8 on direct hits, burns for an extra round for another 1d8 on the hit target

And since, as a warrior, he has excellent to-hit, he doesn't worry about lighting the party on fire since he's usually the only one at the front lines.

I've already established this weaponized oil as being cheap and common so I won't backpedal on that, but does /osrg/ have any ideas for 'solving' this 'problem?' Is it even a problem?

I'm currently leaning towards throwing the guy a +1 weapon but with splash damage and damage over time, I don't think it'll convince him to stop hurling oil like some sort of medieval granadier
>>
>>54372723
I don't think you can throw anything while you're in melee yourself. At the very least he's going to suffer the splash damage.

Also, some enemies are immune to fire.
>>
>>54372773
To prevent splash damage from being pretty much an always hitting AoE magic missile I said that splash damage only hits if the unmodified d20 roll beats the AC of the target. So he's usually fine, and has a lot of HP when he isn't.

Might do the 'if you're in melee and do something that isn't melee your action might get interrupted if you get hit.' Spells, potion drinking, climbing a ladder, etc.
>>
>>54372723
He can only hold so many flasks of oil. I'd also roll d% at the start of every session, on 1 his next flask that deals a fatal blow spawns a Pyre Spirit (treat as CE Fire Elemental) hellbent on killing him.
>>
>>54372404
Oh, that's me copying the table from a previous post and not editing things. If you look at the post linked in the 2nd entry it has a different distribution based on encounter type rather than what is encountered. It skewed what is encountered to be humans rather rthan monsters.

The goal was to give players information on what is in each hex when they don't roll a wilderness encounter. Rolling a 2-6 results in almost no interaction for the players when traveling through a hex, if you add all these "lairs/spots/tracks/traces" it present some options other than "you travel for 3 days with nothing cool happening". It also allows you to add monster lairs/villages/noble estates/churches into a hex as the characters travel through them rather than when making a Hex-Map.
>>
>>54372404
if he ever falls there is a % the flask will break, throw some enemies that use fire and bum
>>
>>54372723
Give him a useful magical weapon or something like gautlets of ogre power
>>
>>54372817
He can hold enough for 1 fight, and his pack animals/henchmen carry many more.

I think it's unfair to sic a spontaneous fire elemental on him specifically because I'm bootybothered by the weird mental image of his combat style, but for a haunted side-level of the dungeon I could have things revive as thematically appropriate vengeful spirits when anyone kills them with anything. That's a fun idea.
>>
>thrown oil flasks
>not molotov cocktails

Don't you want to bundle the twin hilarities of potential drunkeness with flaming death?
>>
>>54372955
>animals
What kind of animal doesn't run away when deep underground and surround by a maniac throwing fire everywhere?
>>
What makes a game old school mechanics wise? What about lore/theme/setting wise?
>>
File: Cloud-Giant-2E-full.png (304KB, 450x616px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud-Giant-2E-full.png
304KB, 450x616px
>>54373110
"old school" by itself encompasses a shitload of wildly divergent games, including OD&D, The Fantasy Trip, Traveler, BRP, etc. but the general trend is intentional clunkiness to convey certain feels.

If you're asking about "OSR" then broad compatibility with TSR D&D including
>some version of HP
>some version of AC
>ability scores
>classes or skills that emulate classes
>level progression
>some sort of Save system
>a magic system
>concrete in-game wealth
>an Initiative system
>>
>>54373270
Yeah I meant OSR, but 5e has all those things as well doesnt it?
>>
Do you think classless OSR is acceptable?

What about for science fiction or modern games?
>>
>>54372175
D6 pools tend to go high, i know there is a game called BRUTAL but dont know nothing about it than that is uses dice pools
>>
>>54373594
I feel that classes and levels are a pretty important part of the whole thing as is, but without them you'll have much harder time with the truly essential mechanic of experience points for gold.
>>
File: Armello expendables.jpg (106KB, 1024x531px) Image search: [Google]
Armello expendables.jpg
106KB, 1024x531px
>>54373652

>gold = xp
>not dungeons = xp
>>
>>54373694
I love their faces. I wish you could see more art with human (or humanoid) characters that had so good and vivid expressions on them.

I guess with humans and such you just get all too scared about the whole cartoon style to get that going.
>>
>>54373594
I'm trying to hack a classless OSR together without falling into pointbuy or some sort of feat list

My inspiration is the roguelike Brogue, where there's no class or real level-up, just adapting to what you find in the dungeon- though for an RPG, it can be more flexible than just 'advancement via equipment' like brogue is
>>
>>54373694
>dungeons = xp
How would this work? Party goes into a dungeon, jacks off in a circle, leaves empty handed and gets xp?
>>
>>54373900
I think it's more like
>Party goes into a dungeon
>retrieve fabulous treasure/defeat boss monster/accomplish goal
>survivors level since they have a dungeon under their belt

There was some system that actually used this but I forget what it was.
>>
>>54373959
I still don't see why experience isn't just rewarded as normal for all of the things inside of that dungeon?
>>
File: Dungeon Goals.pdf (83KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Goals.pdf
83KB, 1x1px
>>54373900
>>54373959

You have to complete the dungeon's goal. Any extra treasure or special items or friendship you get in the dungeon is just extra, and even if you do most of the dungeon but don't finish you don't get experience.

Dungeons have levels or rough experience points. You level up when you do enough dungeon points equal to your level. So finishing a 1st level dungeon at 1st level makes you go to level 2. You could take a level 1 guy to a scary as fuck level 10 dungeon and if he survives he'll come out as a level 4, very scary rookie.

The original idea was over on the Basic Red roleplaying blog, but it never said exactly what counts as 'doing' the dungeon. So I thought giving it a goal might keep the gameplay similar enough; you're still encouraged to get in and get out with your objective and avoid fights and all that. It's just focused on a single thing instead of grabbing all the treasure you can. Even though treasure is still quite good.
>>
>>54374020
Gives the players more freedom to go after a goal how they want to rather than encouraging them to hoover up every coin and valuable and defeat/overcome every challenge as they desperately try to get all the XP crumbs. Makes for more natural roleplay behavior and less gamist 100% completionism 'gring the dungeon for max XP' nonsense.

And of course, less book keeping.
>>
>>54372910
I like it. I'm always down for things that involve adding landmarks and things for the players to do on the map as they go.
>>
>>54374214
I'd argue that it gives them less freedom, actually. With gold=xp, they can go into a couple rooms, get some treasure and then leave. With dungeons=xp, they can't leave until they've done whatever they're "supposed" to do.
>>
File: Blacksad - Spit 1.jpg (722KB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Blacksad - Spit 1.jpg
722KB, 1280x1760px
>>54373755
>>
File: Blacksad - Spit 2.jpg (683KB, 1280x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Blacksad - Spit 2.jpg
683KB, 1280x1760px
>>54374392
>>
>>54374292
They can still do that and get gold and treasure, and they should have better goals for their characters than 'ugh I want to level up so we HAVE to do this dungeon.' They should be stealing the eyes of the toad god because they WANT to steal the eyes of the toad god, not because they want to level up.

The point is that they won't 'level' until they accomplish something meaningful.

Maybe you're fine with players getting levels by doing no-commitment grazing from 6 different locations, but that just sounds like the equivalent of 'grinding on rats for levels' to me and I'm not interested in that sort of thing.
>>
>>54373471
An SUV, an F1 racecar, and a Humvee all have engines and four wheels.
>>
>>54374455
But in that case it isn't dungeon=xp, it's accomplishment=xp.
>>
>>54374455
>They should be stealing the eyes of the toad god because they WANT to steal the eyes of the toad god, not because they want to level up.

But the DM won't let them level up if they don't do the important thing in the dungeon, which is taking the eyes of the toad god anyway.

Hell, isn't the experience (xp) that you get from stealing the eyes of the toad god not just a good motivation anyway?
>>
>>54374511
Presumably stealing the eyes of the toad god is the main thing in the dungeon- its guarded by the fiercest foes and most fiendish traps, so if they can steal the eyes, they could probably clear the rest of the dungeon.

In terms of XP it might be like if they overcame all the obstacles and stole the eyes, that's 50% of the XP to the next level, and sniffing through the dungeon for the other 50% isn't necessary if they've proved they can whip the best part of the dungeon. So it's just condensed into '1dungeon=1 level

>>54374527
If they want to level up via another dungeon or adventure they can do that instead, it's not a matter of the DM saying 'heh heh HEH, I'm not gonna let you level until you do this one specific thing!' it's a matter of the DM saying 'you've braved the worst of one of the many fiendish dungeons, have a level'

I mean seriously guys this ain't rocket science. If you like keeping track of xp do that, this conversation was to explain how dungeon=xp works, not to proselytize that dungeon=xp is the ONE TRUE WAY
>>
>>54374841
Really? >>54373694 Sounds like proseltyzing to me.
>>
>>54370673
>Too harsh?
No, unless you do that faggoty thing Arneson implies in the FFC that he did with the PCs' Special Interests and just used it as an excuse to fuck the players over.
>>
File: Armello moonbeam.jpg (328KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armello moonbeam.jpg
328KB, 1920x1080px
This is a circular argument.

Obviously there might be a group of players who just go around to a bunch of shitty dungeons and never clear them or brave dangers beyond the first few levels so they can get just enough gold to level up. Then there are those who would just rush to the bottom of the dungeon and rush back out with meta-gaming, just so they can level up.

Obviously both these groups could exist. Using gold for xp or dungeons for xo won't change that.

However dungeons for XP WILL let you keep track of less points and numbers, it will allow you to make dungeons where treasure is not an exclusive focus and will encourage the same OSR gameplay loop everyone likes. It's a superior system to gold = xp, but don't make up reasons as to why its superior.
>>
>>54374882
that wasn't me so I can't help you
>>
>>54371383
>Floor trap, secret trap
Pretty sure these two are floor hatch, secret hatch.
>>
>>54374910
It's less demanding in the sense that you don't have to write as many numbers down but more demanding in that the GM now has to arbitrarily assign values to various events. Which is more impressive? Being able to see through the spells of the wizard to find the treasure that he buried or fighting off his vampire servant? It's the sort of thing that comes down to the fiat of the GM which is fine, in a sense, but it may not be as reliable.

The gold = xp mechanic is fine and the improvements that dungeons = xp gives don't really justify it. A poorly designed dungeon will still be poorly designed and a well designed dungeon will still be well designed no matter how the XP for delving it is awarded.
>>
Does anyone have Stonehell supplements and additional dungeons? I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be several but I can't find any in the trove.
>>
File: Armello bane summoning.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armello bane summoning.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>54375047

You literally don't understand what I mean by dungeons = xp.

At no point, ever, did I ever imply that you get xp for 'various events'. you get XP for finishing the DUNGEON, which is its goal. You don't get xp for fighting the vampire butler unless killing the vampire butler was the goal of the dungeon. You'd still want to avoid a fight with the butler just like in regular OSR dungeon crawlers. But now instead of players being encouraged to kill the vampire butler because he has a silver clasp because it will give them more experience, they would only be encouraged now purely out of greed. If your dungeon goal was to steal the Wizard's treasure, then that's the goal. You wouldn't be fucking around in his kitchen thinking about stealing his rare octopus liver for money unless you actually wanted it yourself. You would have the exact same gameplay with the exact same parameters, but now all the players just have to put a tally mark or two on their character sheet instead of copying down all the gold and shit they get and writing and erasing over and over.

If you don't understand even the basics of what I am talking about, then you shouldn't be talking.
>>
>>54375152
First one is free on Lulu.
>>
What system do you guys turn to when you want basically the opposite of OSR?

In the same way improvisational heroic fantasy gets boring and you just want a solid dungeon crawl, sometimes I find dungeon crawls get boring and I want some more character-driven, collaborative storytelling.

I'm thinking either Dungeon World or Burning Wheel, any thoughts/recommendations?
>>
>>54375570
Dungeon World is mechanically trash, it's a hack of Apocalypse World with cosmetics of dungeon crawls tacked on. I would recommend either Beyond the Wall or Risus.
>>
>>54375251
Who sets the goal? Why? It seems it isn't the players, because if they were already invested in the goal, they wouldn't need the XP incentive.
>>
>>54375570
Burning Wheel's all right. Dungeon World isn't. I don't know any others to recommend.
>>
>>54375620
>>54375687
Thanks guys. Beyond the Wall sounds good.

Has nobody else tried to do D&D style fantasy with the Apocalypse system? Reading through Dungeon World I actually thought it was a neat system, it's just all the D&Disms that let it down.
>>
File: Indigo Dragon.jpg (309KB, 2300x1725px) Image search: [Google]
Indigo Dragon.jpg
309KB, 2300x1725px
>>54371206
I like a good cursed item table. Nice work!

>>54371247
I really need to sit down and brain at your system because it looks very, very good. It's just kind of conceptually dense for casual reading.
>>
>>54376083
At some point I'll have it edited and formatted to be easy to understand so that I can publish it as PDF. I know that I'm going to have to go back and change a few things like differentiating between Coast and Open Sea Terrain hexes among other things and probably put the rules for wilderness exploration and downtime in settlements at the very beginning. Until then the link below is a rough draft of the entire system.

http://melancholiesandmirth.blogspot.com/p/procedural-generation-of-hex-crawl-world.html
>>
File: Appeal_of_Minin.jpg (513KB, 1416x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Appeal_of_Minin.jpg
513KB, 1416x1666px
Also, I've posted my Death and Dismemberment table, plus a few Early Retirement Tables for PCs that are mangled, injured, or driven insane while dungeon crawling.

https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-death-and-dismemberment-table-early.html
>>
File: 1397864899560.jpg (120KB, 1600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397864899560.jpg
120KB, 1600x500px
>>54371782
They seem adaptable, but needlessly, pointlessly detailed. So much effort to get such a minor result.

>>54373092
>What kind of animal doesn't run away when deep underground and surround by a maniac throwing fire everywhere?
Giant salamander
Antiphoenix
Drake
Pyroclastic Ghoul
Abyssal Goose (they never run; they only charge)
>>
>>54375251
Most dungeons don't have inherent goals. They're just dungeons.
>>
>>54376334
Ah, I see you've finally passed the "death and dismemberment" threshold, which all OSR bloggers are destined to one day pass.
>>
>>54376597

Then nobody would go there.

People go searching in dungeons because they're looking for THE lost manuscript, or A bandit lord's treasure. Nobody goes down into a ghoul infested hole unless they are being paid to go in there and kill all the ghouls.

The rumors or setup for WHY people go into dungeons is what is important to the dungeon goal.
>>
File: 1465200195335.gif (6MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1465200195335.gif
6MB, 480x270px
>>54376675
>Ah, I see you've finally passed the "death and dismemberment" threshold, which all OSR bloggers are destined to one day pass.
I was using Arnold's for ages. My tweaks are very slight.

Guess I'm finally part of the club now.
>>
>>54375742
The 1/2 finished Fallen Empires pbta game is mostly functional. Goes for a magical post-roman empire collapse vibe.
>>
>>54376281
I would be excited for your stuff in pdfs.
>>
>>54376713
>Then nobody would go there.
>Nobody goes down into a ghoul infested hole unless they are being paid to go in there and kill all the ghouls.
>The rumors or setup for WHY people go into dungeons is what is important to the dungeon goal.

No, that is just one way to go about it. You can place a dungeon in your world and there will be a lot of players who will go there without much other info other than "it's there and nobody knows what's in it".
The idea that dungeons have inherent goals actually takes away from them, in my opinion. Often dungeons are much deeper and dangerous than the players can handle, and part of the challenge (and fun) is to see how far you can push yourself into the dark before you flee or die.
Having a goal can be helpful if players don't have that urge to push onward and see what else they can find, but many groups just don't play like that.
Dungeons=xp incentivizes finding the macguffin and then leaving immediately, but gold=xp incentivizes finding the macguffin (because it's probably the most valuable thing in the dungeon) but to also keep going and see what else happens. Which one is more fun?
>>
File: 1312516969659.jpg (418KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1312516969659.jpg
418KB, 1280x800px
>>54376857
I'd rephrase that to "dungeons = XP incentivizes completing GM-constructed narratives, while gp=XP incentivizes less structured, player-driven narratives."

If that makes sense.

I just asked my PCs, "Old tombs like this are full of treasure, you've heard. You all decide you want to go in. Why?" And I get all sorts of answers: ancient cults, dungeon botanists, barbarians out to fight things, Paladins out to tame things, and lots and lots of broke people.

It seems to work out.
>>
>>54376857
>>54376988

What about dungeons = xp but not based on goals?

I like this idea too but I'm not sure when a dungeon would be considered 'completed', when you get most of the treasure out? Or just make any successful trip? Or do you have to literally clear the whole thing?
>>
>>54375251
The silver clasp (one of a kind, incredibly expensive) provides a decent reward for actually taking the risk to face the vampire butler instead of avoiding him. It's a decent motivation for the player to do something they may not have otherwise done.

Similarly, if they're wasting time in the wizard's larder, just give a good roll on a wandering monster table. Make them work for the liver.
>>
File: g6Wa2gS.png (2MB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
g6Wa2gS.png
2MB, 810x1080px
>>54377028
>I like this idea too but I'm not sure when a dungeon would be considered 'completed', when you get most of the treasure out?
Exactly. It's "whenever the GM feels it's been completed." It's a GM-driven narrative, not a player-driven one.

If tomorrow, my PCs decided "Fuck this whole Steam Hill business, we're going east to chase down that ant colony," they aren't aren't penalized. They get to keep all the gp=XP loot they got so far, plus pursue what they want to pursue, for good, sensible, IC reasons.

Diving deeper because it's "how you level" seems awkward, like 4th edition's power mechanics.
>>
>>54377028
>I like this idea too but I'm not sure when a dungeon would be considered 'completed'
I mean, that's the crux of the problem. Just the idea of a dungeon being called "completed" is very foreign to me, it feels like something only power-players and pure video-gamers would talk about.
>>
>>54376713
I disagree. Adding to what >>54376857 said, people in real life love exploring. Look at urbex or cataphiles. Going into the unknown is inherently fun, the fantasy expectation of treasure and monsters just adds an extra layer of excitement.
>>
>>54377230
This, plus it suggests only one goal (and a fixed one, at that).

So you united the gray goblins and the green goblins, but oops, you forgot to kill the giant spider. Better go back to 100% that dungeon.
>>
File: randomencounters.png (71KB, 795x517px) Image search: [Google]
randomencounters.png
71KB, 795x517px
What does /osrg/ think of the random encounter table I made for a dungeon I'm working on?
>>
File: dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif (7MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
dark_soulss_by_alo81-d6nrmkr.gif
7MB, 480x270px
>>54377733
Needs some spelling and formatting fixes (Billy should be capitalized in line 5, Memory Merchant, Scientists has the number appearing in the title but the rest don't, etc.), but overall, it seems good, in a gonzo-nu-school kind of way.

Run your probabilities by me on getting anything higher than a 7.
>>
>>54377733
>DUDE SCIENTISTS AND CATABUSES AND THE PARTY MEETING ITSELF LMAO EPIC GONZO XD

1/8
>>
>>54377938
Fair enough. Though the mystics, children and scientists are all splinters of the original inhabitants of the dungeon. The idea being a group of wizards trying to make a portal to a paradise dimension which culminated in an obsessive cult and eventually shit going south in a wizard way.
>>54377879
Off the top of my head, not very high. Certain things the players do in the dungeon can increase the dice size of the random encounters. The idea is for it to get more dangerous and gonzo as they accomplish stuff in the area.
>>
>>54378023
>Off the top of my head, not very high. Certain things the players do in the dungeon can increase the dice size of the random encounters. The idea is for it to get more dangerous and gonzo as they accomplish stuff in the area.
Then don't get fancy with the dice sizes. Just go with 1d10 + 1 per (plot thingy).
>>
File: 1452756515365.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1452756515365.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>54377938
>>
>>54378067
Ah true, +1 would be the easiest way to do it most likely. I was thinking of just having it jump from d12 to d20 eventually. Have anything rolled over 14 be a reroll. I think distribution wise, that would favor the higher numbered encounters at the d20 level.
Though I'll probably have to change some of the stats to reflect a growing danger and whatnot.
>>
>>54378178
Assume anyone running your module is intractably lazy, scatter brained, and afraid of taking notes. Simplify design. Don't get fancy if you can help it. I don't want to pick through 4 different fucking dice just to find out what random encounter I rolled. I just want to pick one.

How many of these things do you anticipate the party rolling anyway? Never base critical "plot" points on a roll like this.
>>
File: Hill-Giant-2E-full.png (389KB, 450x616px) Image search: [Google]
Hill-Giant-2E-full.png
389KB, 450x616px
I need blogposts! Blogposts about Giants!
Seriously, I can't be the only one in the blogosphere who has written about Giants.
https://buzzclaw.blogspot.com/2016/07/maztica-bestiary-giants.html
>>
>>54378226
Good point on the dice mechanic being maybe too complicated.
I imagine you roll for random encounter chance every second turn if you're using a b/x derived system. As far as where to put them, I was thinking of having them be a mix of some magic items if used and some actions players can take with certain factions.
As far as plot goes, the idea is that each faction has its own "endgame" goals that'd be more defined in their lair encounters. Then there's a puzzle involving various things in the dungeon. Other than that, there's no plot type stuff where the dungeon can't be played anymore if a player fucks up.
>>
So what is a good campaign setting for high fantasy?

someone recommended wilder lands of high fantasy but i only found the 3.5 one in the trove
>>
>>54372723
>no strength bonus
>excellent to-hit
This implies he's level > 1.

>leaning toward giving him a magic weapon
If the above assumption is correct, it's probably about damn time, yeah.
>>
>>54378281
I promise you the next blogpost I write will be about giants. What kind of things will this post contain?
>>
>>54379090
>someone recommended wilder lands of high fantasy
Despite the name, it's not what you're requesting.

>but i only found the 3.5 one in the trove
Supplements -> Judges Guild
>>
File: the_bfg.jpg (32KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
the_bfg.jpg
32KB, 825x464px
>>54379159
Stuff you can steal from them.
Reasons they piss everyone off.
What they farm and why. -10 points if it's mammoths.
-50 points if they're the remnants of some much more enlightened civilization that slowly degenerated.
+100 points if you make me frightened of them in a visceral way.
>>
>>54379281
>-10 points if it's mammoths.
This articles lists some good ones:
www.americanforests.org/magazine/article/trees-that-miss-the-mammoths/
>>
>>54379281
>-50 points if they're the remnants of some much more enlightened civilization
Also Eberron had kick-ass giants.
>>
Random thought heh :

What if instead of checking for a random encounter each round, you roll to see when the next one happens? Like “the next random encounter will occur in 1d6 rounds” rather than “there's a 1-in-6 chance of a random encounter each round.” Good idea?
>>
>>54379443
Seems a bit clockwork, but sure.
Make sure you roll for what gets encountered at the same time.
>>
>>54379443
Use a larger die.
>>
File: gianwood.gif (19KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
gianwood.gif
19KB, 300x360px
>>54379159
Shit, man. I dunno. I only know I might write up an ecology piece on Wood Giants (Voadkyn/Shadkyn)
>>
>>54379483
The exact encounter would be determined by a different roll. That way the 3-round countdown doesn't always result in giant rats or something.

>>54379507
Yeah, 1d6 is pretty small. It was just supposed to be an example.
>>
>>54379415
So did everyone. It's a done trope.

>>54379443
I like "just in time" planning (roll when you need to, and not before). The poison lasts up to 6 hours. At the end of each hour, roll 1d6+ the number of rolls you've already made. Get a 6 and you're cured.
>>
>>54379682
>That way the 3-round countdown doesn't always result in giant rats or something.
I doubt players would notice, but I did mean as a separate roll.
If giant rats are coming in 3 turns you can add clues to one of the next 2 rooms.
>>
File: IMG_1315.jpg (870KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1315.jpg
870KB, 1200x1200px
>>54379281
>>54379518
Dope, gonna write up the treasures of the Giant's Dreamed Castle and how the nightmarish remnants of the true giants menace the true world after darkness false and most men sleep. Mainly inspired by the music of pic related. Get stoked for giants that never farmed mammoths, never were an enlightened civilization, and I hope scare you!!
>>
>>54373054
>>
Would I screw the pooch by running Swords & Wizardry on a 5ft grid?
>>
File: 1444353617769.jpg (167KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
1444353617769.jpg
167KB, 1000x1414px
>>54379971
If they signed up for a LOTR-style heroic adventure, yes.
If they signed up for The Legend of Zelda style dark-comic-heroic, yes.
If they signed up for Dark Souls or Flesh and Blood... no.
If they signed up for "classic" D&D and you explained what that meant, sort of... no.

So find out what they want and what they like. Then pick a game to suit.

>>54379970
Fingers crossed.
>>
>>54372723
>I've already established this weaponized oil as being cheap and common so I won't backpedal on that, but does /osrg/ have any ideas for 'solving' this 'problem?' Is it even a problem?
You're going about this all wrong. You put cheap hand grenades in the setting, now he's throwing a bunch of hand grenades, you don't like how it affects the game. You need to just tell him upfront that you're sorry but you've reliazed that decision was detrimental to the game, both in terms of how it plays and because lamp oil literally can't be explosive, the crucial quality of lamp oil is a *slow* burn with a bright flame.

There's no way to fix this by like nudging him into realizing that hand grenades are secretly actually shit, and if you try he'll probably just resent that more than if you're straightforward about it, because he'll be able to tell that you're trying to ruin his trick/take his toy away but, for opaque reasons. So to him you'll just be passive-aggressive about it for no reason and then he'll come here and start a That Guy thread.
>>
What's your favorite non-Fantasy OSR system?
>>
>>54380104
B/X
>>
>>54380104
Traveller.
>>
File: 1286404595779.jpg (19KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1286404595779.jpg
19KB, 375x360px
>>54380123
>B/X
>non-Fantasy
>>
>>54379971
...no? Why would it be? It seemed to work pretty fucking well for like two decades and the majority of all players ever to try roleplaying games.
>>
>>54380149
BLACK LEAF IS REEEEAAAAALLLLLL
>>
How is Stars Without Number? Does it have easy/simple race creation? Does it use classes?
>>
>>54380200 c >>54380149
>>
>>54372955
Is it really that hard to have him face enemies that have better ranged combat than him? Is nothing immune to fire? Sick some salamander archers on him.
>>
>>54380200
>>54380200
>How is Stars Without Number?
Free.

>Does it have easy/simple race creation?
It only has humans in the core rules

>Does it use classes?
Yes, and a skill system.
>>
File: 1286404595779.jpg (13KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1286404595779.jpg
13KB, 375x360px
>>54380146
>Traveller.
>Old School Revival
>>
File: black guy sunglasses down.jpg (21KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
black guy sunglasses down.jpg
21KB, 450x300px
>>54380149
>>54380280
>>54380390

>you
>not being gay
>>
>>54380390
My bad.

4e, then.
>>
File: 1289779800390.png (38KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1289779800390.png
38KB, 160x160px
>>54380414
But I am gay.
>>
File: 1463862500951.gif (580KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1463862500951.gif
580KB, 267x199px
>>54380463
>>54380414
>>54380390
>>54380149
>>
File: those posts were several people.gif (498KB, 262x200px) Image search: [Google]
those posts were several people.gif
498KB, 262x200px
>>54380501
Post reaction images you would hate to meet in the dungeon.
>>
File: christianserver.jpg (145KB, 1200x747px) Image search: [Google]
christianserver.jpg
145KB, 1200x747px
>>54380678
>>
File: ghoul.jpg (121KB, 831x1107px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul.jpg
121KB, 831x1107px
The Monster Menu-All Part 2: Veins of the Earth

https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/monster-menu-all-part-2-veins-of-earth.html

Come eat all sorts of horrifying, inexplicable things to survive.
>>
File: 1493273586621.jpg (42KB, 599x461px) Image search: [Google]
1493273586621.jpg
42KB, 599x461px
>>54380825
Now do http://monstermanualsewnfrompants.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-remaains-of-joke.html

>>54380678
>
>>
File: 1255912222447.gif (985KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
1255912222447.gif
985KB, 170x170px
>>54380841
Nah. I'm probably going to do a 5E Monster Manual next, to get a bit more mainstream appeal and cover some more "classic" monsters. The "reverse monster manual" monsters are cool, but really, really niche. Not enough detail to really sink my teeth into.
>>
>>54373900
exploring and mapping the dungeon gives XP. So, like, for every ten foot square you map, that's 1 XP. It's neat and simple.
>>
>>54375570
I literally cannot stop playing Monsterhearts.
It's the apocalypse world engine doing a game all about angsty supernatural teenagers having emotions and being metaphors. All very Buffy.
Rules light, with some of the best social conflict rules I've seen. Plus, like, I'm a sucker for anything which is up front for 'vampire chicks secretly represent gayness'. So there's that.
>>
>>54375742
beyond the wall is still pretty OSR, though. It just puts some storygame ideas into the mix and has a strong sense of setting and atmosphere.
>>
>>54380825
> Ask "are you sure?" as many times as you need to.
This is why your dumber players always die.

You should be asking, "What do you expect to happen?"
Or "What are you trying to accomplish?"
>>
Has this general made their own collective 'best' ruleset?
>>
>>54381582
Its hard because everyone uses house rules
>>
is hackmaster OSR?
>>
So what is a good starter setting?
>>
has anyone here played open adventure? how is it compared to other osr?
>>
>>54381629
One that you make yourself and expand as the campaign advances. Don't think too hard about it at first, channel your inner pop-culture blob
>>
Is there something like a 3.5 osr?
>>
>>54381893
Dungeon Crawl Classics.

le randumb death meme maghic tho
>>
>>54382104
in what way is dcc a 3.5 osr?
>>
>>54382237
It tries to hide it under Zocchi dice, but it's actually rooted in the d20 System.
>>
Planning on building a mega dungeon for my next game and I need advice on how to build one.

What Are some good tips on general dungeon design and layout, as well as places to draw inspiration from?
>>
Any suggestions for Encounters?
>>
>>54383229
ghoul
>>
>>54382818

Read other megadungeons you admire and note the aspects about them you like. Start designing with those aspects in mind. Obviously it's more complex than that, but you have to start somewhere.
>>
>>54382818
see
>>54383817

what do you want your mega dungeon to accomplish? You should design around that. Do you want rhe entire adventure to take place within it, or is there a hub town you expect them to go back and forth to?
>>
>>54383817
The problem is that I don't really have a good reference point. The only mega- dungeon I played in was the temple of elemetal evil, and that campaign ended after we started getting into the earth section of the temple due to us being bored by it.Any recommendations?

How do I keep the mega dungeon interesting and engaging, and how do I design it effectively in the first place, should I design every level with a level boss in mind and have the bosses followers be the ones leading up to that point?
>>
>>54384360
>Any recommendations?
Stonehell.
>>
>>54374110
Ooh! This one's really good! Do you have any more like this?
>>
>>54382818
http://www.kjd-imc.org/hall-of-fame/setting-design/node-based-megadungeon/

Not specifically OSR though.
>>
>>54384339
I am designing it around a massive Ziggurat that was the citadel for a cabal of ancient mage lords, built upon an area where the fabric of reality was weak so they could access ancient evils in the caverns below, as well as using them for experiments.
The Players would have the choice between two hub towns, one a hive of scum and villainy but closer to the dungeon. The other further from the dungeon, but safer and closer to a major city.

>>54384368
Can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere.
>>
>>54384446
>Can't seem to find any reference to it anywhere.
The trove has it. Look under Labyrinth Lord.
>>
>>54370945
>Is there a d6 pool or d100 osr? i am thinking in making one that use one of them

There is a game recently released in english called "Fantasy!" which tries to being old school with die pools. I can't speak to how good it is tho.
>>
>>54382818
http://thealexandrian.net/wordpress/13085/roleplaying-games/jaquaying-the-dungeon
>>
>>54381414
>You should be asking, "What do you expect to happen?"
Superpowers!
>"Is that likely?"
No!
>"So you are going to...?"
Eat it anyway!
>>
>>54385906
How do you know my players so well??
>>
Do B\X rules go well with 2nd edition modules as it is or there are a lot of changes to be made?
>>
>>54384360
>should I design every level with a level boss in mind and have the bosses followers be the ones leading up to that point?
Absolutely not under any circumstances. In general "boss monster" thinking is a real bad idea.
>>
>Skerples got mentions from Rients and Zak
Congratulations, man!
>>
File: Campaign Worksheet.pdf (515KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Campaign Worksheet.pdf
515KB, 1x1px
>>54381629
Last time we used this. Everyone talked a bit about things they were interested in and mentioned if there was anything they for sure didn't want. Got everyone more involved than just me making all the ideas.
>>
>>54384360
I hear good things about the megadungeon in the first 6ish Fight On! zines. Haven't had a chance to look at it more than a glance though.
>>
>>54381613
It's a shittier AD&D so ye

>>54382237
>ascending AC
>individual initiative
>DC and roll-over attribute checks
>ascending AC
>Fort/Ref/Will
>literally easier to convert for 3.5 to DCC than from any TSR edition to DCC
>>
File: diffrences between DND and ADND.png (233KB, 338x316px) Image search: [Google]
diffrences between DND and ADND.png
233KB, 338x316px
>>54386548
Sometimes NWPs might be really helpful, but those can be substituted with ability checks.
B/X Fighters at low levels are weaker than 2e Fighters, IIRC
>>
>>54387265
>D&D characters can deliver much more damage at middle and high level
What?! B/X fighters, as far I remember, don't get extra attacks, and 2e Fighters are pretty strong if you are using Weapon Proficiencies.
>>
>>54387364
That pick is more specifically referring to BECMI so that might be were the discrepancy comes in. It's from a Hollow World splat.
>>
Should you map places like a castle or a temple, if there isn't going to be any "action" going on in them?
>>
>>54388103
How do you know there's not going to be any action in them?
>>
>>54388103
I don't give players detailed maps. If they have some plan that is dependant on how high the ceiling is or whatever, they can ask.

I have a small portfolio of "mundane" locations, like temples and houses, but if the players are just getting into a skirmish, you don't really need a detailed floor plan the way you do in a dungeon filled with weird stuff and creatures.
>>
>>54388103
You should not bother doing it yourself, no. Go into the JG folder in the trove and get the Castles, Villages and Temples books (and Huberic of Haghill for good measure).
>>
>>54388103
It can be useful to note some details, like gargoyles, vaulted ceilings, whether a home is dirty and squalid or neat and pleasant.
>>
File: godbound_by_jbrown67-da1m9hd.jpg (475KB, 1920x1223px) Image search: [Google]
godbound_by_jbrown67-da1m9hd.jpg
475KB, 1920x1223px
>>54370413

How well does Godbound stand up to OSR standards, in terms of both playing as Godbound and also in terms of playing normal humans?
>>
>>54370413

How do I best get new players into OSR?
>>
>>54389569
Invite new players to your OSR games
>>
>>54389569
Go to big populated 5e Discord channels, full of people new to the whole RPG hobby in general, and preach to them about the merits of OSR. A few are likely to stick and go along with you.

Worked for me.
>>
>>54389538
I say that Godbound is a GREAT GAME... not so much an OSR game, but it uses OSR framework.

My life has been swallowed up in Godbound. I bought the rulebook, and all of the other books, and have made extensive homebrew for it. There's a community for homebrew, but it's shockingly small.
>>
>>54389806

What do you think about having the players use the common human part of the mortal creation rules? I think using that could easily push the game into a more OSR-style direction.
>>
>>54389889
It will take a long time in order to get to the point of Godbound power, but that should be fine. I've wanted to do something like this, but I've never had the time.
>>
>>54389806

Since you seem to have used it more than I have, I'd like to ask for some advice. How do I best challenge my player (who is playing a low level Godbound)? It's a solo game.
>>
File: 1494207860243.png (392KB, 2470x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1494207860243.png
392KB, 2470x1374px
>>54381629
http://jrients.blogspot.com/2011/04/twenty-quick-questions-for-your.html

Cover these bases.
>>
>>54389917

I meant the optional rules for playing mundane humans instead of Godbound, see page 188.
>>
>>54389889
That it would definitely do.

>>54389925
Well, the guidelines are pretty well laid-out in the book, but I'm not sure what kind of challenge you're looking for.

>>54389980
Of course.
>>
>>54389980
No, >>54389806 is talking about the DCC meat grinder.
>>
>>54390069
Speaking of Meat Grinders, I started to run my wife as a solo Artifice/Might/Endurance Godbound through the Return of the Tomb of Horrors starting at level 1.

Some advice if you intend to do that: prepare for them to make all their saving throws. Godbound can auto-save, and so it's far less deadly.

Plus she quit the game when she realized where she was.
>>
Do you prefer using the 4 core classes or using more?
>>
>>54390243
Patrician mode: making a character class suited to a character, perhaps in the form of kits or as a wholesale class.
>>
>>54390243
Add in ranger, druid, paladin, and bard. And occasionally assassin and monk as well.

I feel that the entire thief class is dumb and makes all others weaker and less competent just by existing, but since you've opened that can of worms, you might as well add in a few more.
>>
File: who designed this shit.gif (53KB, 550x346px) Image search: [Google]
who designed this shit.gif
53KB, 550x346px
>>54390111
>>54390111
>and so it's far less deadly.
Not too familiar with Return to the Tomb of Horrors, but regular Tomb of Horrors isn't deadly at all.
There's only one that can reasonably be expected to get anyone.
>>
File: 1499845014824.png (1MB, 2471x885px) Image search: [Google]
1499845014824.png
1MB, 2471x885px
>>54390270
>>
this "elves have xray vision" thing is ridiculous. All my Elf pc does is search for hidden doors in every single room
>>
>>54390309
That's a holdover from the "Arneson's rules are comprehensive" days where you could buys houses to tunnel into the dungeon from but couldn't pick up or carry flowers.

Elves are meant to be good at searching in general.
>>
Someone wanna give me an opinion on a really inconsequential background detail of a setting I'm working on?

I'm trying to figure out how long after the apocalypse (which is going to be an event that basically Stalker Zone'd a sizable, near-continent-spanning medieval-ish empire into a barely habitable shithole full of mutants and horror) I should set my campaign if I want it to feel like things are still in flux and uncertain, and everything could go to absolute shit, but not basically during the actual event itself.

Basically, I don't want it to just be refugee camps and people huddling in caves and getting eaten by animals, but I don't really want it to feel like the post-apocalyptic map has been drawn and everything is kind of settling into the new order again (like you often get with these things). And I kind of also want the PCs to be able to actually explore ruins, instead of just looking at the destruction. So enough time has to have passed that they can't just literally go ask someone what exactly's waiting for them over yonder hills.

I'm thinking something like 30-50 years, maybe. Enough time that the old generation (in a violent medieval post-apocalypse scenario) has mostly died out and finding someone who actually knows much about these things is hard, and enough so that people have built at least something amounting to settlements and some more durable campaign elements, but not so much that it's beginning to turn into an abstract background element.

That sound about right to you people?
>>
>>54390375
It depends a lot on other circumstances. In the real world these things can range from a few decades (Germany, Japan, after WWII) to generations (middle-east right now). Set up some context on why it took as long as it did and you can basically justify nearly any span of time.

A single whole generation is probably a safe enough bet, though.
>>
>>54390447
Yeah, I figure it honestly doesn't matter how many years exactly it has been. If the old generation is mostly dead and even the oldest people who saw the old world were children back then, then that probably works.

I'm mostly just toying with this idea of a post-apocalypse that not so much implied as very concretely happening and terrible. Like, a lot of D&D settings are implied post-apocalypses, and there's a lot of similar post-apocalypse scenarios where it has been a whole lot of years and things are basically stabilizing again and it's all more of a status quo thing.

I started thinking it'd be intresting to do this setting where nothing is in a real status quo yet, and exploring and looting things (and killing things) will be much more of a life-or-death situation than just trying to get rich. I'm kind of liking the stuff I'm putting together.
>>
Is Basic Fantasy good?
>>
>>54389538
>>54389806

Why are Bright Republic guns at the same damage output as normal ranged weapons? Would not 1d8 be better for pistols and 1d10 be better for rifles?
>>
>>54390878
Rifles are 1d8, pistols are 1d6. Unless modified with a gift, or dual-wielded, they aren't 1d10.
>>
>>54390808
Yes
>>
>>54390878
Ah, I see what you mean. So, to answer your question: I don't know. I'd say getting shot with a bow and getting shot with a rifle would equally kill me.

I think that, should realism be followed, they'd both be 1d4+1, as it's unlikely that they could kill two mooks with one shot, but multiple attacks are arbitrated.
>>
>>54372817
>why are grognards viewed as terrible GMs
>>
>>54390936

How does it compare and contrast with Swords & Wizardry?
>>
>>54391117
mmm i would say it is more simple, and haves a more modern ruleset
>>
What is the OSR with the most classes? besides ACKS and Grey matter(most of the classes abilities repeat)
>>
>>54391351
AD&D 2e
>>
>>54391006
>character MIGHT have to fight ONE enemy specifically targeting him in ONE out of every HUNDRED sessions
>WAAAH GROGS R BAD GMS
>>
>>54391396
with a decent ruleset
>>
>>54391503
Unnecessary planning is bad DMing.
>>
>>54391560
In OSR play, you never know what's unnecessary.
>>
>>54391560

Is there anywhere I can download the raw OSR D&D Open Game License?
>>
>>54391996
"Comes up once in 100 sessions" sounds pretty unecessary to me.
If you like the idea, just use it next session.

>>54392006
>OSR D&D Open Game License
There is no such thing. We use the same OGL as anybody else.

I don't think WotC distributes the OGL by itself anymore?
>http://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf
The first few pages of that are the OGL.
Most of it is the SRD. You won't need that.
>>
>>54390621
Sir, let me shill my system of procedurally generating a hex-map to help your setting where things don't have a real status quo yet. http://melancholiesandmirth.blogspot.com/p/procedural-generation-of-hex-crawl-world.html?m=1
>>
File: 4475983-8374305386-59cba.jpg (80KB, 547x437px) Image search: [Google]
4475983-8374305386-59cba.jpg
80KB, 547x437px
>>54392183
>?m=1
>>
File: AaronLee_INTROHEAD.jpg (918KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
AaronLee_INTROHEAD.jpg
918KB, 1024x663px
>>54389925
They key to a challenging opposition in Godbound is to systematically overestimate it. Throw powerful creatures at your PC, and let him lose to them once or twice, then defeat them through cunning stratagems.
This ensures that you get epic rivals left and right instead of simple monsters of the week, used then forgotten.
>>
How would you do gnomes as race-as-class?
>>
>>54393124
>>
>>54393124
Elf but with illusionist spells and some halfling traits.
>>
File: pic148978_md.jpg (66KB, 338x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic148978_md.jpg
66KB, 338x500px
>>54393124
>>
>>54393124
multiclass MU/thief in the same way the elf is multiclass MU/fighter.
>>
File: 3Ytj5A8.jpg (126KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3Ytj5A8.jpg
126KB, 640x360px
>>54386979
Hooray!

Though, to be fair, in terms of total click-through views, those mentions are < just being on Goblin Punch's sidebar. Arnold K gets around.

>>54385999
Players are the same everywhere.

>>54389569
Talk to people about what they like, and pick games that meet those needs, rather than the other way around. Some people will /never/ like OSR. Some people will only ever like it. Without listening to their media preferences and being willing to say "Hrm, while I /could/ use an OSR game to do that, it might not be the best idea", you'll end up with sorrow.

Also, go after all the normies you can find.
>>
>>54389925
Threaten what they love. Past level 3, 99% of mortals are totally powerless against Godbound, but they're still a threat to allies and well loved NPCs. And believe me your solo PC will get attached to some of your NPCs. This has an excellent effect of encouraging "godly" behavior in your PC towards their enemies. Which in this case is gross expressions of power and petty hatred. Think Greek God kind of fuckery.

I'm also playing a solo game and it's still going strong after months of play. Godbound is great.

>>54389806
I agree 100%. It's OSR compatible at most.
>>
>>54395462
>being on Goblin Punch's sidebar. Arnold K gets around.
Not gonna lie: I'm too lazy to manage RSS feeds for OSR.
If I'm hungry for updates, I go to goblinpunch just for the sidebar.
>>
what type of thing do you find in a pirate secret city?
>>
>>54395759
Pirate secrets and secret pirates.
>>
File: Enrico_Dandolo.jpg (54KB, 297x393px) Image search: [Google]
Enrico_Dandolo.jpg
54KB, 297x393px
>>54395681
>If I'm hungry for updates, I go to goblinpunch just for the sidebar.
This is how I got started, pretty much. I think it's a common enough system that it drives ~10% of my views.
>>54395759
One pirate with 98 coins, two pirates with 1 coin, and two pirates with no coins. They are all arguing about changing the rules of treasure distribution, but in a calm, rational manner.
>>
File: community_image_1406828286.jpg (442KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1406828286.jpg
442KB, 1024x768px
>>54395834
Rational, yes. Calm, no.
The whole point of the pirate game is not being calm.
>>
File: RSpWv9f.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
RSpWv9f.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>54392485
>>
File: 1462822889426.jpg (232KB, 920x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1462822889426.jpg
232KB, 920x1189px
>>54395904
It seems pretty calm to me. Deadly, sure, but nobody goes over the side of the boat and vows revenge, or tries to drag another person in. It's very orderly and very law-abiding. Pirate modrons, maybe.

Calm, rational, but not exactly "fair", unless you know the rules.
>>
File: apocalypse.png (174KB, 506x1063px) Image search: [Google]
apocalypse.png
174KB, 506x1063px
>>54395834
Someone really ought to find the how many sidebars away each OSR blog is from goblinpunch.

>>54395961
>but nobody goes over the side of the boat and vows revenge, or tries to drag another person in.
You do when too many pirates find too little treasure.
>>
>>54396023
Who is Paul Erdos?
>>
File: paul-erdos.gif (100KB, 461x683px) Image search: [Google]
paul-erdos.gif
100KB, 461x683px
>>54396065
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_by_Erd%C5%91s_number
>>
File: Dutch_battleships.jpg (5MB, 8000x4400px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch_battleships.jpg
5MB, 8000x4400px
>>54396023
>You do when too many pirates find too little treasure.
This is why pirate crews are always 202 or under. If you have 203 pirates, the Captain dies. It's in the rules.

(I hope someone's looking at this and going "wtf are they talking about?)
>>
File: Tasty_d5daaa_6333743.jpg (120KB, 678x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tasty_d5daaa_6333743.jpg
120KB, 678x960px
>>54396141
We don't get that much new blood.
And not all treasures are in 100gp.
Or maybe yours are? That'd be weird tho.
>>
File: 1254682156609.jpg (1MB, 2860x2664px) Image search: [Google]
1254682156609.jpg
1MB, 2860x2664px
>>54396023
>Someone really ought to find the how many sidebars away each OSR blog is from goblinpunch.
So it's 1 if you're linked by GP, 2 if you're linked to someone who is linked to GP...

That's all you need, really. The community is small. Either you're good enough and prolific enough to get a in that circle link, or you're not.

>>54392183
You're getting there. Soon. Maybe.
>>
File: cotsw-019.png (2MB, 984x1581px) Image search: [Google]
cotsw-019.png
2MB, 984x1581px
How do you make the B/X Dwarf more unique?
>>
File: 1327267797055.jpg (1MB, 1267x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1327267797055.jpg
1MB, 1267x2000px
>>54396176
>And not all treasures are in 100gp.
Oh god, you're right! Time to factor the Treasure Tables in OD&D against the Pirate Problem to find out the Optimal Number of Pirates Per Level.

Alternatively, it's time for somebody else to do that.
>>
File: soul calibur.gif (2MB, 347x228px) Image search: [Google]
soul calibur.gif
2MB, 347x228px
>>54396192
Don't Bx dwarves get all sorts of dungeon mapping goodies?
Let them pick locks with their beard, a la Artemis Fowl?
Or provide some sort of gold/booze detection?

>>54396210 Mixed levels parties are a big thing.
It's one of those problems that solves itself.
If they know how to swim, the losers can even splinter off.

I don't know about bandits though.
I assume they get proper killed without an ocean for ring outs.
>>
File: MotSP.jpg (140KB, 900x1277px) Image search: [Google]
MotSP.jpg
140KB, 900x1277px
Anyone here familiar with Machinations of the Space Princess?

I'm reading it right now, intending to run it for my group, but i'm confused as to what the point of the Expert class is?

I mean, they can spend their skill points in any skill category except Psion and Scholar, leaving General, Everyman, and Combat skill categories. Those are the exact same categories the Killer class can spend their points in, so there is hardly any difference between the two.

Also, it says they can level up in up to two different tracks, but doesn't define what a track is. Is that a holdover from Lamentations of the Flame Princess?
>>
>>54370413
>link to the link to the Trove is missing
There's /one/ thing in the OP that matters. One!
>>
>>54393124
Stonecunning and illusionist spells.

>>54395681
Pretty much. Though I use pretty much whoever's sidebar, I'm not picky. I have to figure out RSS feeds someday though.
>>
What's a good OSR actual play, preferably audio?
>>
>>54376281

yeah dude publish a zine or something already
>>
>>54396868

I second this.
>>
>>54396842
>I have to figure out RSS feeds someday though.
There's nothing to it, but building/trimming a list takes effort.

>>54396651
>so there is hardly any difference between the two.
There are 40 skills between those 3 categories.
Having x2 skill points, no combat advancement, and a faster xp table is pretty different.
But yes, the Scholar class is a mistake.

>it says they can level up in up to two different tracks, but doesn't define what a track is.
Yes it does?
>specialising in particular areas to gain rapid power or
>broadening their skills to make them a Jackof-all-trades.
Those aren't mechanical features. It's just describing common behavior.
>>
>>54396868

caveat haven't listened to this yet but been meaning to. Especially the deep carbon observatory let's play.

https://soundcloud.com/ggnorecast
>>
>>54397007
Ah I see where I was getting it wrong. Thanks.
>>
>>54382312
>It tries to hide it under Zocchi dice, but it's actually rooted in the d20 System.
technically so is every OSR system that uses the OGL, DCC just actually uses some of it as part of the actual system instead of as a legal fiction so they can just use a rewritten version of a TSR system
>>
>>54391351
When it comes to fucktons of options, I'll always shill Fantastic Heroes and Witchery.
>>
File: tumblr_m6ynldZEAx1r2p31ho1_1280.jpg (146KB, 564x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ynldZEAx1r2p31ho1_1280.jpg
146KB, 564x800px
Do you prefer to have a STR modifier affect melee damage rolls (B/X, BFRPG, DCC) or not (LotFP)
>>
File: blog minotaur.png (6KB, 245x328px) Image search: [Google]
blog minotaur.png
6KB, 245x328px
>>54399014

Being stronger just gives you a better chance to hit. If you use a two handed weapon, you add your strength modifier to damage instead of to your to-hit, so Fighters are more likely to use them because they have a better time hitting people.
>>
>>54399014
I play it as Gygax intended
>>
What is a good OSR game for playing a a Greek mythology themed setting?
>>
>>54399180
ACKS
>>
File: ness_by_hellstern-db83g73.jpg (61KB, 890x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ness_by_hellstern-db83g73.jpg
61KB, 890x1200px
>>54397029
These guys are pretty good. Don't agree with some of the GMing styles, but it's worth listening to and taking notes.
>>
>>54399180
Mazes and Minotaurs.

http://mazesandminotaurs.free.fr/RMM1.pdf
>>
>>54399131
This your personal houserule or derivative of something else?
>>
>>54399500

Just a house rule.
>>
>>54399180
Neoclassical Geek Revival
Mazes and Minotaurs
Birthright
>>
Is DCC really OSR? I mean it uses 3.5 mechanics, it's super forgiving on dying mechanics and it uses DC numbers and saves. I wouldn't call it OSR.
>>
>>54399636

It's more "osr" than ACKS, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1492920089409.png (83KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1492920089409.png
83KB, 256x256px
>>54399636
Listen. Right now, if someone handed me a cooked chicken breast and said "this is an OSR game" I'd say "fair point" in order to avoid another pointless goddamn shitstorm.

Take your bait and go fishing.

>>54396922
Seconded. This stuff would be much better with
a) an few more diagrams
b) a PDF
c) page references
d) reformatted tabulated info
>>
>>54399671
>cooked

Ha, no

A TRUE osr chicken breast would be uncooked so the GM can cook it to his own specification
>>
File: NcpAU.jpg (607KB, 2764x2064px) Image search: [Google]
NcpAU.jpg
607KB, 2764x2064px
>>54399671
>Take your bait and go fishing.
Mind telling me what you think he's doing?
>>
File: GMG5070WCoverLarge.jpg (162KB, 300x407px) Image search: [Google]
GMG5070WCoverLarge.jpg
162KB, 300x407px
>>54399636
Yes. If the Sine Nomine games get to be as mechanically different from B/X as they are and get called OSR, then so does DCC. The 3.5 mechanics it adopts are remedial at best (d20 everything) and it keeps the spirit of the game intact.

I've ran plenty of Basic modules with it with little conversion and honestly it's new take on magic and class abilities is a breath of fresh air.
>>
File: 1284354475748.jpg (62KB, 800x548px) Image search: [Google]
1284354475748.jpg
62KB, 800x548px
>>54399938
>Mind telling me what you think he's doing?
Trawling.
>>
File: GLOG.jpg (287KB, 626x457px) Image search: [Google]
GLOG.jpg
287KB, 626x457px
>>54400014
>it's new take on magic is a breath of fresh air.
>>
File: (siren blaring).jpg (74KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
(siren blaring).jpg
74KB, 1200x673px
>>54400119

>Anything that isn't B/X is glog shilling and a "garbage fire"

I like the GLOG shilling garbage meme, and I also don't like DCC, but come the fuck on.
>>
File: hercules.jpg (46KB, 421x540px) Image search: [Google]
hercules.jpg
46KB, 421x540px
How would you feel about a (free) retroclone that didn't have a bestiary or spell list?

>>54399180
Mazes & Minotaurs is OSRish.
And with the HR splat for Greece you can run Greek AD&D.

>>54399014
Str gives bonus to damage.
Dex gives bonus to hit.
GURPS did nothing wrong.

>>54399636
Of course not.

>>54399566
>Birthright
Nothing says "Greek" like Awnshilleagh
>>
>>54400174
I was drawing a comparison, but sure.
>>
>>54400119
I've not had a single player, not a one, take preference of another systems magic over DCCs after playing.
>>
File: 1257618168032.jpg (800KB, 1250x1646px) Image search: [Google]
1257618168032.jpg
800KB, 1250x1646px
>>54400207
You know it!

Anyway, more giant mech stuff. Here's the Flame Pomerium, part 2:
https://coinsandscrolls.blogspot.ca/2017/07/osr-flame-pomerium-part-2-giant-mecha.html

In this part, I discuss different ways to structure a giant mecha-based OSR game, and test my "just scale everything up" system against the GLOG. Spoiler alert: it works. Of course, it's the GLOG, so all you'll see is a bigger garbage fire... but whatever. Next part will be testing LotFP.
>>
File: fat wojack smoke.jpg (74KB, 737x758px) Image search: [Google]
fat wojack smoke.jpg
74KB, 737x758px
>When you're working on like 3-4 different things and you can't decide which one you want to be ready to go next thread so you can get delicious (You)s.
>>
File: le cafe.gif (3MB, 410x358px) Image search: [Google]
le cafe.gif
3MB, 410x358px
>>54400270
>>When you're working on like 3-4 different things and you can't decide which one you want to be ready to go next thread so you can get delicious (You)s.
Have you tried legal drugs?
>>
File: Princess Caroline mad.jpg (331KB, 791x714px) Image search: [Google]
Princess Caroline mad.jpg
331KB, 791x714px
>>54400313

Can't you find any new reaction images, skerples?
>>
File: magic mint.png (1MB, 900x585px) Image search: [Google]
magic mint.png
1MB, 900x585px
>>54400178
>How would you feel about [not having] a bestiary or spell list?
I have absolutely no expectations of getting spell lists.

But nothing says "don't use me" like a missing (or minimalist) bestiary.

>>54400270
>>54400313
Stay away from Salvia Divinorum.

>>54400462
https://youtu.be/B6kR08Sb0UU
>>
File: muckdweller.jpg (236KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
muckdweller.jpg
236KB, 400x544px
>>54400488
>nothing says "don't use me" like a missing (or minimalist) bestiary.
Even for what is essentially a player's handbook?
I just don't see the need to slightly re-stat orcs and goblins when it's already been done 30+ times or make up something new just to fill space.
>>
File: the MM predates the PHB.png (1MB, 893x585px) Image search: [Google]
the MM predates the PHB.png
1MB, 893x585px
>>54400561
>Even for what is essentially a player's handbook?
Passable, if you plan to releasing it separately.
>>
File: 1297461375818.jpg (803KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
1297461375818.jpg
803KB, 1000x669px
So, LotFP is 17th century-ish...

Where the hell are the firearm rules? Am I just dense?
>>
File: 1287507699955.jpg (62KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1287507699955.jpg
62KB, 500x333px
>>54400682
I'm leaving this post up as a monument to my stupidity. Carry on.
>>
File: legit map1.jpg (586KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
legit map1.jpg
586KB, 1500x1000px
>>54395462
I navigate the OSR blogosphere entirely through the Goblin Punch sidebar. That's the only way I know how to find most of the blogs I follow.

>>54370413
The ocean is filled with ancient deathless skull-faced half-constructs that work tirelessly through the millennia to destroy the surface world and all those who live in it. Encounters between them and my players have ended badly for all sides, so far.
>>
File: 1469667366742.jpg (3MB, 3787x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1469667366742.jpg
3MB, 3787x2080px
>>54392183
It could use some editing, but your writing is very evocative and crisp. I just read one of your blog posts for the first time and I'm hooked.
>>
File: 093.jpg (45KB, 358x429px) Image search: [Google]
093.jpg
45KB, 358x429px
>>54401220
>>
File: Skerples.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Skerples.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>
>>54399654
are you shitting me
>>
File: Goblin Shark-7.jpg (36KB, 450x330px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Shark-7.jpg
36KB, 450x330px
>>54400178
Oh. Are you planning to bundle up a knockoff GLoG? Include like 2 spells.
To provide a baseline for how strong or interesting new spells should be.

Uh... Knock and The Astrologer's Helper.
But give Knock a funny name.
>>
>>54400561
goblins have been done to death. We don't need more stats for goblins.
We also don't need more games and settings with goblins either. We have plenty of games about goblins. Give stats for things that are new and special to your particular setting.
>>
>>54400561
>Y e ur gun have to do a siht tonn e legg work to get tgis 2 wkrk
It's true even when you include some monster stats, but having *no* monster stats draws attention to it.

Which is a huge turn off.
>>
How long do you personally think a "combat round" is or should last?
>>
>>54401616
whatever the rules say?
>>
File: 4359202410860009.jpg (230KB, 1220x747px) Image search: [Google]
4359202410860009.jpg
230KB, 1220x747px
>>54400267
>If I was actually running this game,

>And the old hill fort above the tomb could be repaired, given carpenters and time.

The old hill fort is a dead (for now) mecha.

>If the War is going as poorly as they say..."

The War is mostly being fought with mecha.

This might come as a shock out-of-game, but is common knowledge in-game.
>>
>>54401567
>Which is a huge turn off.
But why is it a turn off? Why must the system include a bestiary when not even the author would use it because he's already got an MM or MC?

>>54401526
>We also don't need more games and settings with goblins either.
And yet, 90% of discussion about OSR games involves settings with goblins.

>Give stats for things that are new and special to your particular setting.
This particular document is a mechanical framework for my future games, not a setting splat.

>>54401616
1-second. Always bet on GURPS.
>>
File: 1500007406602.pdf (35KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1500007406602.pdf
35KB, 1x1px
>>54401710
You can't do sometgibf on the scale of pic? Not even staple it verbatim?
>>
File: asylum demon.jpg (309KB, 1353x1133px) Image search: [Google]
asylum demon.jpg
309KB, 1353x1133px
Who cares about monster stats and a bajillion versions of B/X rules. I'm interested in how you translate a statblock and lore into something interesting at the table.

I'm experimenting with creating exploitable attack sequences and weaknesses, riffing off video games. Thoughts? Has someone already done it?
>>
>>54401710
>This particular document is a mechanical framework for my future games, not a setting splat.
then you don't need monster stats, go ahead anon.
>>
Which basic is best?
>>
>>54402201
I like the idea but I feel like it's hard to do something better than generic monster behavior info without making the stat block gigantic and annoying.
>>
>>54403015
I really like Rules Cyclopedia, but the nerf to rogues was a terrible decision and 36 levels are too much.

B/X is the best imo.
>>
>>54403015
Houseruled Moldvay
>>
>>54403955

I can't make my fucking PCs leave this fucking castle alone. They've spent 130k gold on it so far and they keep trying to turn DCC into ACKS and won't even play ACKS. I actually reduced the entire thing to ruins with a massive giant attack and they were like "Oh man this must have something really valuable in the catacombs if a giant army wanted it." And rebuilt it. Dragons blow up towers and they have them rebuilt. They've been doing this so long they're on their third set of PCs, with around 19 level 10 pcs that just sort of wander the fuck around being walking demigods. I have this entire world built and all they want to do is hang out in this castle and "investigate the mysteries." I made the fucking mistake of having one of them, after 10 sessions of digging into the god damn ground, actually find a hidden chamber with a shitty +1 sword and now they've got armies of craftsmen in there, tunneling, holing out and making a small subterranean city. Had them bump into a dwarven thaig or whatever and get invaded, ruining all of their progress. Fuck it, we got lots of gold let's build it all again but this time with more shit. I can't fucking handle this anymore. My players. Will not. Leave. This castle.

>>54403955
>>
>>54401616
An abstract minute-ish.
>>
>>54401710
>Always bet on GURPS.
Get. Out.
>>
File: lotfpbxthiefconv.png (54KB, 1133x483px) Image search: [Google]
lotfpbxthiefconv.png
54KB, 1133x483px
>>54403015
Basic Fantasy RPG.

1. Free PDF, $5 print.
2. Ascending AC
3. Race/Class separation
4. TONS of optional game supplements on the webpage (races, classes, spells, skills, combat options etc).

The only thing I don't like about it is Thieves using d% for skills. I'm spoiled by LotFP now, in that regard (but you can just use the Thief conversion for LotFP from the Referee book)

http://basicfantasy.org/downloads/Basic-Fantasy-RPG-Rules-r107.pdf
>>
>>54399465
>Mazes and Minotaurs

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted.

For everyone else here: http://mazesandminotaurs.free.fr/revised.html
>>
>>54403015
I'm a Rules Cyclopedia diehard. I agree with >>54403345 though, several of the decisions in extending the level span from B/X were just awful. I'm still salty that we never got the B/X Companion volume that was supposed to give the Thief whole new skills.

Still, the RC is the best edition of Basic and probably of D&D in general.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.