[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 70

File: 5ade3987065ae1a9d9e376813848f5af.jpg (509KB, 1920x1513px) Image search: [Google]
5ade3987065ae1a9d9e376813848f5af.jpg
509KB, 1920x1513px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>54334475
>Armless_not_Harmless:__Weaponised_Cyberlimbs.trid
>Tricked_Out_Cybereyes__Worth_It?.thread
>Eurozone_Changes.sim
>how_to_make_fortune_selling_apples.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 2014 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, you interested in some apples? Fresh off the tree'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running eating_apples.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut an apple for a dragon

Homegrown food edition
What do you grow and how do you do it?
>>
>>54366431
this

but having some cheap drones as eyes and ears and maybe even backup fire should be okay even for non-riggers
They just have to use autosofts for everything, IIRC, and you can't jack into them
>>
>>54368180
Fuck, beat me to it
>>
>>54368217
I'm fucking proud too, ngl :^)
>>
What is Africa like in Shadowrun?
I can't seem to recall anything interesting; just that the Pirate books makes it sound awful, and that there is a nation of ghouls somewhere in it.
>>
>>54368180
>ops picture is that faggot keith lemon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SheV6FKO6gM
>>
>>54368180
>What do you grow and how do you do it?
In my current group, literally everyone took Lifestyle options for home-growing food, and we all decided to grow something different.

One character turned his basement into a small-scale chicken farm; he mostly produces eggs, plus the occasional bird when laying dips off. One has high-yield potted tomato plants in every closet in his house, kept under grow lights. The third has a full - if not terribly large - greenhouse, where he grows corn, onions, garlic, and a small plot of herbs. The last guy made a lifestyle where he lives innawoods and hunts/forages for wild game and plants.

On weekends, the crew all gets together with their surplus items and cooks usually-Mexican food. During the rest of the week, they still eat plenty of synthetic food (supplemented with a steady stream of real shit), so that they have enough for the weekend get-together of 100% natural food.

The greenhouse guy is starting to talk about setting up a still, or getting a plot of barley going for beer.
>>
File: 1499036144327.png (301KB, 364x439px) Image search: [Google]
1499036144327.png
301KB, 364x439px
>>54368367
Probably doing about as well as it is now. Scattered modern cities, beautiful and thriving, but more famous for its shitshows of atrocities being committed in the barrens.
>>
>>54368367
>What is Africa like in Shadowrun?
Wrecked. The interior is awash in magically-empowered tribes, wild spirits, and paracritter fauna. The exterior is a mishmash of unregulated citystates, NAN-style tribal states, and crazy shit like Asamando, the ghoul nation. The closest thing to proper civilization is the North African ones, and there you have things like crazy-ass "burn anyone who practices magic to death" Egypt.

All in all, it's a real 10/10 place to set a game. I'm of the opinion that the worse off somewhere is, the more interesting it is for Shadowrun.
>>
File: culture.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
culture.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>54368423
>real shit
Finally a group that understands the inherent advantages of coprophagia.
>>
Have you guys ever played with Technocritters? How did it turn out, and are they effective at 'tracking' people through the matrix or defending comlinks from attackers?

My game got converted from Earthdawn to Shadowrun, when the PCs encountered a vaguely sapient artifact with time travel powers. It flung the party into the future to protect itself from horrors.

My players picked up a 6th player to do decking. The decker rarely shows up and while the ex-scholar does have interest in decking as a means of 'capturing knowledge' they don't have the karma to pick up decking skills.

I understand that giving the former beastmaster a mongrel isn't going to give my players a real decker, but is it 'good enough' to keep the players' coms and weapons protected from enemy and able to track down deckers while doing non matrix intensive runs?
>>
>>54368517
>My game got converted from Earthdawn to Shadowrun,
I'd like to play Earthdawn at some point at all.
>>
>>54368180
>What do you grow and how do you do it?
My vampire has attempted to eat his roomate a couple of times but he has 2 strength and she has 5 so it usually doesn't work out.
>>
>>54368537
It's not that great a system DESU, but I really learned to love it.
>>
>>54368180
>what do you grow and how do you do it
one of our players is fully engaged to real deal, regular eggs instead of "whatever the corp sells us as eggs, man"
He's making scrambled eggs. And nothing else. All the time.
>>
File: Bronn.png (265KB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
Bronn.png
265KB, 720x402px
>>54368382
>>
File: 1482095518991.png (29KB, 1050x756px) Image search: [Google]
1482095518991.png
29KB, 1050x756px
How well does cosmic horror integrate with Sgadowrun? I've been thinking of sending my group on a run for an ancient artifact and was trying to decide if I should spice it up with cosmic horrors or just skipping the run altogether.
>>
>>54368462
Nigeria/Lagos doesn't seem too exceptionally bad compared to some other mega cities at least. It's terrible, but a pretty standard kind of terrible.
>>
>>54368679
*Shadowrun sorry, phone poster fag here
>>
>>54368050
>Most people actually like that crap too, the same way people in real life actually like soft drinks and processed cheese product.
More so, even. Nations and corporations have agreed on legal simsense levels, and it's more addictive than WoW ever could be. They use this to sell products.
>>
File: fang-xinyu-8.jpg (766KB, 1500x1800px) Image search: [Google]
fang-xinyu-8.jpg
766KB, 1500x1800px
>>54368679
Literally at the core of the metaplot, chummer.
>>
>>54368180
A street level campaign I ran involved some chinese people growing carp in a flooded basement. They were poor-people-rich because they had a source of real food for trade.
>>
>>54368684
Put it into perspective. Africa took first place in VITAS deaths due to corruption and epic mismanagement. They basically only survived due to the appearance of shamans, and it's still a risk to the point that even those who were born after will get Nam grade flashbacks if you sneeze nearby.
>>
File: 184.jpg (133KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
184.jpg
133KB, 1920x1080px
>>54368679
Fairly well.
>>
File: 1428637348792.png (1MB, 1800x727px) Image search: [Google]
1428637348792.png
1MB, 1800x727px
Lamia Liminal Body when?
>>
I'd climb the Eiger.
>>
>>54368880
Reason not to use the tank! liminal body as a stand-in when?
>>
>>54368909
I feel like Eiger is super submissive when yo uegt her in the sack
>>
>>54368880
This is probably the most sought after magical realm thing in /srg/ threads.
>>
>>54368993
Probably right. It's all that practice taking orders.
>>
>>54369043
I could go for decent lamias, yeah.
Then again, shadowrun makes a lot of intentionally retarded decisions regarding anything outside of absolutely core groups.
>>
>>54368909
You can climb up the Eiger, but you cannot climb back down
>>
>>54368517
You basically have the choice between Ahi or Bastet. Neither of them are going to be as good at defending your comms as a decent commlink will be (not to mention that technomancers (and by extension technocritters) can't slave devices in 5E) A bastet and ahi together can make a commlink-decker work really well, though, through their infusion powers and the fact that they can assist you on your actions, thus replace your agents.
Handling technocritters is near impossible, however, with the books pointing that they are incredibly hard to control.
>>
>>54369114
What would a decent lamia in shadowrun be to you then? Lore wise and looks wise, what would they be like, assuming you have full freedom to add them. What are they?
>>
>>54368684
>Nigeria/Lagos doesn't seem too exceptionally bad compared to some other mega cities at least.
They're extremely fucking close to Asamando, is the problem. Their population got devastated, shamanism and superstition are running rampant, there's very little law enforcement, and to top it all of zombies are stealing their people and letting ferals wander out.
>>
>>54369167
Naturally they'd be a rare north african strain of HMHVV.
>>
>>54369167
There is an IE that is snake from the lower body. iirc he's the offspring of another IE and a horror
>>
>>54368679
Really well as long as you don't make the rookie mistake of trying to explain it.

Once you can articulate why something is doing what it's doing? Once you have a way to fight or kill it? Once you go from being the victims of a story to the heroes of story?

That's when Cosmic Horror just turns into a suspenseful action movie.
>>
>>54369167
I'd do the centaur thing and have them be some weird mutation of snakes.
Except, you know, without the horse/snake heads. That just looks retarded.

Or hell, I'd have them just be a surge result.
Also I'd rejigger surge to make like, actual creatures? And not just random mishmashes of mutation?
>>
File: city_nicknames.png (58KB, 740x270px) Image search: [Google]
city_nicknames.png
58KB, 740x270px
What's your runners' home hood called, /srg/?
>>
>>54369279
>Except, you know, without the horse/snake heads. That just looks retarded.
Yeah the horsehead centaurs are pretty retarded. And the "only around 100 of them in the world with real human heads" is a very special snowflake addition.

Still I like them having some equine traits and not just looking like a human on a horse body (Pic related).

Personally I just stuffed Lamiai and Nagas together as snake people (because the sapient snake thing isn't doing it for me), but same thing there with the traits. Lipless, slits for nostrils, upper body still has scales although they're smaller than on the lower body.

Also isn't surge 3 described as resulting in various recurring animal mutations? I might have to look this up.
>>
>>54369400
I am fine with some snake traits. Yuan-ti this shit up.
Just, you know, nothing retarded like no arms, or snake legs, human body, snake head.
>>
What kinda tech would a Stuffer Shack have that a Decker could hack and use against some gangers? I'm making an intro campaign based off Food Fight but with aspects for a magic user and a Decker. Magic is easy, I'll just have a mage in the Astral Plane try to attack us. But hacking a Stuffer Shack, I dunno. Maybe hack a vending machine to launch cans of soda at a gangers, Space Station 13 style?
>>
>>54369400
>all that bullshit about things being SUPER DUPER RARE YOU GAIZ
That pisses me off to no end.
I wanna play a four armed guy? Fine. The only four armed guys are EXTREMELY RARE MUTANTS FROM JUST THIS ONE SPOT? ALSO, NO ARM IMPLANTS BECAUSE WE SAID SO DON'T THINK ABOUT IT TOO HARD. The fuck is wrong with you shadowrun.
>>
>>54369457
Fuck with doors. Hack cars outside and crash them in. Hack other people's guns.

Or just shoot some nerds.
>>
>>54369457
I see no reason for every building in shadowrun to not have a small-scale anti personell turret.
>>
>>54369471
Good ideas, thank you. Shooting will happen of course but I wanna make sure my player gets some experience with hacking. I especially like the hacking cars one. Thanks.
>>54369482
Yeah, maybe the store clerk is dead and he was the only one able to activate the turret. So now our Decker can activate it and have it target the gangers. Thanks.
>>
>>54369457
Cheapo wireless surveillance cameras. Crack em and give a continuous battlemap to your team.
>>
>>54368517
>So that’s how technocritters can make your life difficult.
>How can they help? Depends on if you’re quick
>enough to get out of their way and get them on the
>scent of someone who is not you. Assuming Resonance
>signatures have some kind of a scent, which, given the
>way these critters hunt, seems likely.

> Don’t get caught up in the notion that you can put these
things on the scent of a target like they’re a hound dog
or something. In limited circumstances this may work,
meaning circumstances where there is only one scent
to follow. Which, on the Matrix, is rare. If there is more
than one Resonance scent, the critters are indiscriminate.
They’ll go after whatever they can, and they are not partial
to any particular scent—if it smells like food, they’ll chase
it, only to break off if easier food comes in range.
> Clockwork
>>
>>54369466
Everything is already crazy and weird enough in the world of Shadowrun without people wanting to be obscure things just so that they can get their special snowflake rocks off.

People in the sixth world aren't supposed to be special, that's the whole point. You're supposed to be just another forgettable, eminently replaceable face in the crowd.
>>
>>54369400
>nothing retarded like no arms, or snake legs, human body, snake head
Yeah nah, that sounds like a Surger who fell face first into a genetic smörgåsbord. None of that shit.

The interesting part to me though is how culturally different they would appear. There are 3 places I could imagine them spawning; South east asia, Greece and South America.
In Asia they're revered as gods from their ancient mythology, and they'll get of to a good start.
South America is probably a bit hesistant but with all the things that went down with Amazonia it's alright soon enough.
But in Greece the mythology behind them is literally all negative so hi dee hooo not a fun place to be a snake.
>>
>>54369565
So why does shadowrun insist all these things have to be SUPER SPECIAL ONE OFFS when they could just have a moderate population?
It's like the game is trying to force anyone who wants to play a more out there race to snowflake as hard as possible, regardless of what the guy playing it wants.
>>
>>54369573
Honestly, I don't really care where they appear so long as they don't do that "there's only like five of them in the whooole world, so you are super special for playing one by default".
Fucking population numbers, shadowrun.
>>
>>54369584
It's to discourage people playing them at all, because any GM worth their salt will tell you;
"No, you can't be this ultra rare thing. Just because your parents didn't give you enough attention doesn't mean you get to be special in my game. Just pick from the core races."
>>
Anyone know of a program I could use to make a 3d environment? My players want verticality and I know I could always just say that something is higher up, but it'd be cooler to have a real representation of it. Most of what I'm finding is fantasy only, like old times villages and dungeons.
>>
>>54369634
>To discourage special snowflakes, we will ensure all races other than core are as rare and special as possible. This is to make it so nobody tries to play anything but the base races.

Like I said, I don't like how shadowrun tries to be intentionally retarded when it comes to anything outside of the base races.
>>
>>54369654
>>54369634
Yeah, the game designers are fucks when it comes to this shit.
I just want to play a robut, but they have to do so much special snowflake bullshit to make such things impossible. Why do you shits not like blade runner?
>>
>>54369654
>blade runner
Overrated pretentious garbage elevated by fogeys with thick nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>54369684
Hello hipster anon.
Enjoying the vape fedora?
>>
Okay so while we seem to be on the topic of unique stuff and sapient critters I'll just continue ranting;

Centaurs are described as living outside of society for the most parts, roaming in herds in the wild pretty much. This is sort of strange, because how did they end up there? Where did these herds come from?
Assuming that centaurs weren't just tossed here from another metaplane, we can assume that they were pretty much born as UGE from horses. Now the wild horse population in the world these days is virtually non existant, and there's around 50-60 mil horses in the world. Assume that just 1 % of these horses give birth to a centaur and that's a whole lot of centaurs, and this probably continues for a few years. So we've got farmers and horse owners suddenly having man/horse-babies, do they just collectively dump them out in the wild for them to create herds, or do they take care of them?
Well lets assume at least half of these centaurs are taken care of and raised, maybe as farmhands maybe just as normal children (well as normal as you can get), that's still a couple of hundred thousand well adapted centaurs.

My point here is that centaurs, while pretty few in numbers compared to the world population, should still be seen as a normal part of society. They're rare yes, although their numbers would've increased by the 2070s, but they're a normal part of human society nontheless.
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (62KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0992.jpg
62KB, 394x370px
>>54368423
>people actually role play their characters getting together on the weekends in shadowrun

Fucking losers
>>
>>54369684
Way to out yourself as an imbecile with a poor understanding of both the genre and films in general.
>>
>>54369752
See, the problem is shadowrun's writers have no idea what a population looks like. We're talking hundreds of thousands, minimum, if you want something to not be a one-off that will die out soon.

Fourty thousand if you have CAREFULLY CURATED BREEDING PROGRAMS FOR MAX DIVERSITY.
>>
>>54369684
Fuck off.
>>
>>54369684
>>54369774
Why are both sides of the Blade Runner debate so unlikable? It's a really great looking film with great performances by Rutger Haur but laughably bad middle and horrid performance by Harrison Ford (whose character is very underwritten)
>>
>>54369817
Because the hipsters do not raise any of these arguments towards it, instead saying it's shit and for old people, so the response to that is not a reasoned argument but instead "fuck off hipster".
>>
>>54369752
>Centaurs are described as living outside of society for the most parts, roaming in herds in the wild pretty much. This is sort of strange, because how did they end up there? Where did these herds come from?
They're horses. During the mass chaos of the early 21st century, they presumably UGEd and then fucked off back to the wild. You try keeping a sapient horse with thumbs in captivity - it's not worth the effort, especially when you have Dragons burning down central Europe.

>well adapted centaurs
Man, humans with different-skin-colors struggle to get well-adapted to majority society. Orks certainly aren't succeeding - why would centaurs have some easy go of it? Shadowrun's dystopic as fuck - always assume that peaceful coexistence fucks up, and there's as much strife as possible when there's go at it. It's a deliberately pessimistic setting.
>>
>>54369867
>orks aren't succeeding
But they're one of the most populous, if not THE most populous, worker races in all of shadowrun.
That's a success story to me, no matter how much racism you throw in.
>>
>>54369546
Clockwork is also an asshole who probably doesn't competency (or magic) in handle animal.
>>
>>54369880
They're surviving, but they're doing it by fucking off and making their own communities. When it comes to being well-adapted members of society, they're largely absolute failures. So no, they're absolutely not succeeding at integrating with society at large.
>>
>>54369668
Just jam a metasapient AI in an anthro drone.
>>
>>54369917
That works like shit and has such fuzzy rules as to make them almost entirely GM homebrew.
>>
>>54369909
I would call making up a huge portion of the workforce integrating.
Shit doesn't have to be sunshine and roses, it just has to work. Which orks do.
>>
>>54369867
>they presumably UGEd and then fucked off back to the wild.
But that doesn't make any sense. That would be the rare case if anything. Assume that the centaur takes at least 10 years to reach maturity, why would they fuck off into the wild if they've been treated to the commodities of society. If they have food, a warm place to sleep and company, why would they run off into the wild on their own?

As for getting adapted to society, they have a more unique position in this theory as they are raised in rural areas away from most of the racial debate, which has gotten far in the last 50 years. Orks and trolls got a bad rep from the start, only made worse by race riots and the fact that most goblinoids live below the poverty line, resorting to crime to get by.

Meanwhile centaurs have been living the rural life, what kind of prejudice are city folks to have about them, aside from them being hicks? They've probably seen a documentary or two about centaur farmers.
>>
File: sr_head.jpg (901KB, 1488x994px) Image search: [Google]
sr_head.jpg
901KB, 1488x994px
>>54369565
>People in the sixth world aren't supposed to be special

Are you fucking high?
>>
>>54370014
Because they're horses anon. They may or may not be driven to think like horses but they fit in fewer places than trolls, they can't operate vehicles or sit in chairs or hold down an office job.

It's very difficult for them to integrate into society because society is largely built around human sized meta humans and not fucking horses. Maybe if you're a Greek megacorp and you want to attract centaurs or horse mounted red mages you'll accommodate them with wide open pastures and doors they won't knock their head against, but I was a centaur I'd try to find as close to the suburbs or rural life as I can get.
>>
File: hugeimage-900x590.jpg (396KB, 900x590px) Image search: [Google]
hugeimage-900x590.jpg
396KB, 900x590px
>>54370078
>>
>>54370078
>>54370097
shhh, stop pointing out cyberpunk has "punk" in it.
Black trenchcoat onlyyyyyy
>>
>>54370097
>>
>>54370078

After 60 years of this stuff being shoved in everyones face, this is the norm now. Shadowrun is a setting where the unimaginable has become the ordinary.
>>
>>54370078
They aren't. Shadowrunners are already the flakiest of speshul nonconformists.

Regular people are supposed to be, y'know...average.
>>
>>54370118
So centaurs and shit would be pretty normal and then, assuming you use realistic population numbers needed to maintain a population and not crazy shadowrun ones.
>>
File: SR5-GM-Screen-Front1.jpg (339KB, 1500x505px) Image search: [Google]
SR5-GM-Screen-Front1.jpg
339KB, 1500x505px
>>54370114
>>54370112
I'm just baffled how someone could say something like that. Shadowrun is, and always has been, about the special-est motherfuckers in a world full of special people. Everything is weird. Being a special snowflake isn't wrong because it's bad, it's wrong because it's impossible. You can't be a special snowflake because everyone is a special snowflake unless they're a wageslave or corp puppet.
>>
>>54370114
>that guy surfing on a drone in the back
kek
>>
>>54370150
It's a byproduct of shadowrun's nutso game design and completely unresearched population numbers
>>
>>54370150
"Special" is a trigger word on /tg/ you know.
>>
File: Shadowrun_1024x768.jpg (333KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun_1024x768.jpg
333KB, 1024x768px
>>54370118
Fucking exactly. A centaur, nartaki, pixie, or whatever shouldn't be something anyone but vanilla corp-cucks balk at. Walking around a shadow community should be like the goddamn troll market from Hellboy 2.

>>54370150
Now, this is actual black trenchcoat and even they manage to be special as shit. Do you see the axe the troll has?
>>
>>54370096
>they can't operate vehicles or sit in chairs or hold down an office job.
Well yeah I agree on that, they're gonna have a hard time in the big cities. But like you say, rural or suburbs is the place to be and it makes a lot more sense considering this theorized origin than "roaming the steppes with stone age technology".

Now imagine a farmer trying to get his centaur proper and suited up for a hot date with another centaur from the town over.

>>54370135
Mate I'm the guy advocating for centaurs and shit being normal. Not sure if you think you're quoting someone else.
>>
>>54370221
Oh, sorry, I thought you were the guy acting like centaurs somehow were more special than goddamn trolls.
>>
>>54370198
>>
>>54369896
Well you are free to discard any sources I link - just pointing you in the direction of the information. Couldn't give less of a fuck about what you do with it.
>>
>>54370241
>>
>>54370239
>more special than goddamn trolls.

Made me remember that population chart someone made where by Shadowruns logic, Trolls are actually the third most common metatype, and dwarves/elves are so rare they're not even the 1%.
>>
>>54370277
>>
>>54370284
Goddamnit shadowrun, why can't you even be internally consistent with your nonsensical unresearched bullshit.
I love you, but boy do you fall apart upon close inspection.
>>
>>54370301
And finally, the fucking logo. Everything you need to know about the intended tone of Shadowrun characters and the setting as a whole, you can get out of the logo.
>>
>>54370257
The same sources mention that corps have technocritters as security dogs, which leads me to believe clockwork is just a cunt who can't handle animals.
>>
File: 36-shadowrun-notext.jpg (680KB, 1000x434px) Image search: [Google]
36-shadowrun-notext.jpg
680KB, 1000x434px
>>54370326
Actually that logo was shit quality. Have a better quality version, so you can make out the circuit board motif on the scroll.
>>
>>54370329
>have attempted to use*
>>
File: 1470585333461.jpg (103KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470585333461.jpg
103KB, 500x540px
>>
>>54370569
Man that troll looks like a fucking wish troll
>>
>>54370600
Trolls in old school Shadowrun were bizarre looking most of the time.
>>
>>54370621
Yeah, I know, but looking like a wish troll is a SPECIAL form of hideous.
>>
What slots does a Bow have for weapon accessories, if any?
>>
>>54371365
Personalized Grip, Gecko Grip, Smartlink for Modern bows, Laser Sight is an option but shitty, Melee Hardening if you want to slap a fucker with it. Its not an exhaustive list but those are the usual modifications/accessories I use.
>>
>>54371365
I figure the chameleon coating should work, for all your stealth-sniping needs.
>>
Has your runner ever gotten a magnetic implant so they can carry their weapons on their back like in your favorite VR Sim Shooters.
>>
>>54369909
>>54369880
>>54369945
You... You guys aren't really debating about Orks are you?
>>
What's the most world effecting campaign you've ever played?
>>
>>54371516
>>54371598
Really mostly asking for the slots, not the specific mods, so I can just look up all the mods that go in those slots.
>>
>>54371611
You know you can just buy a gun magnet and wear metallic armor, right? Or even just a strap with a metal plate.
>>
File: glass sword.png (23KB, 510x487px) Image search: [Google]
glass sword.png
23KB, 510x487px
>>54371611
No, because it doesn't work that good if your blade is made of synthetic sapphire
>>
File: IMG_20170717_142423632.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170717_142423632.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
went to the Barbican in London for their sci-fi exhibition, there's some Exitenz stuff there
>>
>>54371598
Chummer does not let me add Chameleon Coating to bows, for reasons I do not know.
>>
>>54372042
Because chummer can't slap your for doing so, so it just doesn't let you.
>>
>>54372105
So you're saying a bow will take away your camouflage from a Chameleon suit because you can't put chameleon coating on it? Seems kind of silly when its inherently silent but then suddenly destroys stealth armor.
>>
>>54369400
SURGE III is basically themed genetics. Instead of random expression of repressed genes, it all comes out holistically. So you could be snake people, cactus people, or (apparently) an obsidiman.
>>
>>54370198
>vanilla corp-cucks

You mean the majority of the population? Anyone have that pic of the punk girl in orange walking by a businesswoman? People with strange fashion choices are a huge step away from being huggy-buddy with the giant hideous horse-monster, or giant hideous troll, or regular-sized but still hideous SURGE dude, or...

Not everyone runs in ganger circles where getting inhuman mods is chic. Regular folks still idealize human standards of beauty, to the point that elves are winning socially because they're pretty humans
>>
File: Downtown Seattle.jpg (117KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
Downtown Seattle.jpg
117KB, 1000x580px
So Im running SR for the first time (5e), and my players just finished up food fight and met their fixer, who sent them on a mlk run to smash up a small jewlery store on the Seattle-Everett border. As far as security goes i have a low-tier spider (I'm using Ends of the Matrix, and its cheaper to hire a spider than have a wetware system), silent alarm, and a security mage with two Force 3 spirits. Does this seem like enough for a milkrun meant for some first-time players?
>>
>>54373290
>strange fashion choices
Nigger it's the 2070s, strange fashion is getting yourself bio-modded to be bright purple and only wearing belts. Fubre-optic mohawks are pretty normal.
>>
>>54373290
Well yeah, the majority of people are a bunch of cowed wageslaves. You, as a player, aren't though. You're a shadowrunner who lives the shadow life and spends time in the shadowiest places. Weird shit isn't just your MO or an occupational hazard. It's your life blood and culture. It's what your whole world is made of.

Shadowrun isn't about being a desk bound cubicle jokey or a tyrannical corporate oligarch, it's about being criminals and freedom fighters made from the weirdest dregs of society.
>>
>>54373438
So are we talking about whether centaurs being an accepted part of society is in line with SR lore, or whether centaurs are a viable PC race? Two different discussions.
>>
>>54373528
I had assumed we were talking about viable PC race. Which I think they are, along with all the other weird metavariants and meta-sapients. Overpowered or weird/shit rules notwithstanding.
>>
>>54373558
Didn't know if you were the guy saying, 'what would city folk have against them except thinking they're hicks' which is turboretarded.

I'm fine with them as PCs, if they understand there's going to be additional layers of alienation and ostracization going on.
>>
dice+2d6
>>
>>54373717
wrong field, bronco
>>
>>54371611
Yes. I also played a character with a cyberholster in her hip, so she modified all of her pants with a panel designed to come open with snaps/Velcro on the side of her leg.
>>
>>54373361
>low-tier spider
how exactly have you implemented it for 5e and what do you consider "low-tier"? 9 in cybercombat and hacking with a DR 4 commlink?
>>
Hey /srg/, experienced DM but newfag to the system & setting. I've done some research on the books and I've found out there's a shit ton of Shadowrun books out there, so I need to ask some of you for some help.

1). What books are the best/necessary? I don't want to spend too much money and buy all the expansions.

2). What books expand player races? A few of my players like to play monster races like kobolds, satyrs, etc.
>>
File: 1496639668409.jpg (51KB, 415x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496639668409.jpg
51KB, 415x392px
>>54374683
>buying books at all
>buying books when Catalyst gets the profits

Welcome to 4chan, new guy
>>
>>54374683
All the books are in the mega at the top of the thread.

If you're playing the most recent edition, then you book you want for extra races is Run Faster. That said, there aren't kobolds and it's missing a few other classic fantasy races in favor of stuff more related to folklore/mythology. There are satyrs though.
>>
>>54374683
>What books are the best/necessary? I don't want to spend too much money and buy all the expansions.
depends on your edition. Technically you can play with just the core book in the same way as you can run a marathon with one leg: possible but extremely tedious
Also: all books are in the OP pastebin

>What books expand player races? A few of my players like to play monster races like kobolds, satyrs, etc.
You won't find many of those
Runners Companion (4e)/Run Faster (5e) give metavariants (local variations of metatypes), infected, metasapients and shifters
As a new GM I would however HEAVILY encourage you not to use them until you and your players have gotten to grips with the system and setting. Once you have a good feeling for it you can start using them. Keep in mind that most are either OP (Pixies, Infected) or trash (Shifters, Drakes, nartaki)
>>
File: State_of_the_Art_ADL_Cover.jpg (162KB, 521x750px) Image search: [Google]
State_of_the_Art_ADL_Cover.jpg
162KB, 521x750px
Anyone got the pdf for SOTA ADL? Can't find it in the header and don't have 20 bucks to spare
>>
>>54374872
Come on anon, support Pegasus Spiele!
The better they have it and the worse CGL has it the better the chance they get control
>>
>>54374805
Shifters are a lot better now that they have Regeneration again, to be fair.
>>
>>54374911
Do not worry, freund, I will eventually buy it. I just don't have any money to spare until september, but my GM comes back to town for a few weeks and I want to check out the new stuff before playing
>>
Whats the starting karma for a character who's roughly on the same powerlvl as a Sum to Ten char? 1000?
>>
File: shadowrun stormfront.png (152KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun stormfront.png
152KB, 400x516px
>>54375006
The new stuff is already in Chummer and there should be the occasional picture floating around that i might have made of pages.
Also: No PDF as far as i know, the German ripping community sucks donkeyballs.
>>
File: wrestling.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
wrestling.webm
3MB, 720x405px
How do I make a mage who is a horrifying melee combatant?
>>
>Kiai Adept Power

>The adept summons up their qi to let out a terrifying battle cry that can send their foes fleeing. This power affects everyone who hears it, whether friend or foe, within a radius of (Magic) meters. The adept makes an Opposed Test using its Magic + Kiai Rating against the target’s Logic + Willpower. Any bonuses against fear, such as the Guts quality, are added to the target’s Opposed Test. If the target wins, they suffer no ill effects. If the adept wins, the victim takes a –2 penalty to all actions for a number of Combat Turns equal to the net hits. If the adept’s net hits exceed the target’s Willpower, the victim flees in terror until they are safely away and out of sight of the adept. Even once the fear fades, the target must succeed in a Willpower + Logic (adept’s net hits) Test to gather the nerve to face the adept again. At the end of the Combat Turn, the adept takes Drain equal to the level of this power. They may attempt to soak the drain with Body + Willpower.

How can I use this power in a way that won't just fuck up own team as much as the other guys?
>>
>>54375255
Blood Crystal Arm.
>>
>>54375189
Depends drastically on how optimized of a Priority build you take, its around 800 to 1000 maximum.

>>54375255
Conjurer with the Channeling metamagic. Fire Spirit is a superb choice.

>>54375267
Cry havoc in the middle of the group of enemies rather than in the middle of your group of runners?
>>
>>54375189
IIRC it was something around 1000-1300 Karma
>>
>>54375206
Damn, to bad. Can you give me the fluff and crunch for the wild hunt mentor spirit?
>>
>>54369466
>ALSO, NO ARM IMPLANTS BECAUSE WE SAID SO DON'T THINK ABOUT IT TOO HARD.
No one said so but the fanbase, mate.
>>
>>54375255
A Force 6 weapon focus, Channeling a spirit, and every buff you can stack.
>>
>>54375206
>That picture
This is what Humanis scum actually believes.
>>
>>54370653
Trolls and orcs are still relatively hideous and smelly without augmentation.
>>
>>54375447
Nothing is as hideous as a wish troll.
>>
>>54374911
>The better they have it and the worse CGL has it the better the chance they get control
You know this has less chance than a snow man chasing an asbestos hooker through hell, right?
>>
>>54375255
Literally any melee skill, preferably punching. Increase reflexes either as alchemy or the Increased Concentration/Reagents cheese. Any indirect touch range spell. Enough dice to soak 6 Drain. Cast F14 Punch and watch people die to unresisted stun damage.
>>
>>54375515
A chummer can still dream
>>
>>54375518
By which I mean F14+Hits on the casting roll with -14 AP
>>
>>54374999
But now they're dual natured without astral vision, unless they go magical and ensure they can see the things in the astral which want to eat them.
>>
File: Copy of 1486896702447.jpg (31KB, 500x584px) Image search: [Google]
Copy of 1486896702447.jpg
31KB, 500x584px
>>54374651
I implemented Datasearch into Computer, added limits to tests, copy pasted the core initiative rolls on the EotM side. On the vanilla rules side, bricking isnt a thing, and wireless bonuses are always on when connected to the matrix (usually via PAN).
I consider low tier to be Dicepool of 8-9 in all relevant skills, and having a commlink with stats no higher than 4
>>
File: KOR coat of arms.jpg (91KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
KOR coat of arms.jpg
91KB, 736x552px
>>54375418
The image was made after the text from some Humanis leaflet in Shadowrun Returns or Dragonfall. I think Dragonfall.

>>54375322
Not in the mood to type out all the fluff, its basically said to be treading on a thin line that is barely separating it form toxic ones. This thin line being that he sees himself as a deliverer of the judgment of higher deities.
If you played DSA/TDE, i think KOR is an acceptable comparison.

All: +2 on either ground vehicles OR intimidation

Mages: +2 to EITHER calling spirits of Men OR Guardian Spirits (?)

Adept: Berserk for free

Disadvantage:

You have to pass a WIL + CHA (3) test to act with any sort of restraint during combat (eg giving a fuck about not hurting innocent bystanders). If you fail the check you can still do this, but you suffer -2 on all actions.

Pretty kek, actually
>>
>>54375515
We already get erratas, fixed rules and additional content.
Absolutely enough reasons to throw money at them.
>>
>>54375647
Oh I know. I just went through that run. Felt good, especially with Dietrich on my team for it. Convincing his nephew to help kill the Humanis members was pretty fun.
>>
>>54374999
HAHA, no they don't. It got slapped down by Hardy.
>>54372042
Chameleon Coating occupies a side slot, which bows don't have.
>>
>>54375684
Hope you let the Boss get away.
>>
>>54375701
He was gone before I knew what was happening. Read about it later that he basically becomes a laughing stock for being such a failure.
>>
>>54375772
I actually was referring to this being an objective for the black lodge.
You want to be on the black lodges good side, don't you, sunny?
>>
>>54375447

>and smelly

now that's just plain racist.
>>
>>54368679
What do you think the bugs are?
>>
>>54375647
>the wild hunt is Kor
wow, sounds like adversary has a contestant for the title as most dickish player mentor
>>
>>54375943
It's only racist if you're being racist while stating a fact.

>even some delicate work with sweat glands and body oil production to reduce their output and make them more friendly to human noses.

They don't do this because trolls and orcs smell wonderful. They're pungent and offensive per standard. 3e and earlier go into more detail on this, as you'd expect from not-CGL editions.
>>
>>54376075
Chadbro Lion?
>>
File: Kor-Logo-Liber-Liturgium.png (46KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Kor-Logo-Liber-Liturgium.png
46KB, 200x200px
>>54376183
More like the literal guardian of the realms of the gods against the demon spheres, basically standing watch at or in the twilight and also being one of the oldest gods, already having been worshiped in the ages of the Dragons, the ages of the small reptiles and the ages of the big reptiles.
desu KOR should have a proper seat in Alveran, kick out that duel fixated Rondra. Myranorians are doing it right, there KOR is the higher deity
>>
>>54376552
Meant Lion is a contender for most dickish.
>>
I wonder how many people post-Goblinization ended up as elves and had their asses kicked by other elves for acting like obnoxious stereotypes.

That would be something. If instead of orks being the lower-class stereotype it was elves, and despite the biological longevity they rarely got over 40 due to elf on elf violence.
>>
>>54376817
>post-Goblinization
Zero. You're either born an elf or not.
>>
>>54376552
My money is on Kor going all the way up to the 7th instead of down to the 5th.
But yeah, Rondra's only chance to stay in Alveran is a portfolio readjustment. Protecting the weak is gonna stay highly valued, maybe concentrate on that. Or make place to glorious Chrysir.

Who will really change places in the next eon is Firun and Ifirn
>>
>>54376981
What the hell are you drekheads talking about?
>>
>>54376855
Ah. I misunderstood. I thought it included all metahuman variants. Fuck my donkey.
>>
>>54377002
An even worse system published by an even worse publisher. The setting is also arguably worse, the adventures definitely are with rare exceptions.
>>
>>54377126
didn't sound much like SR 1-3e though.
>>
File: 1476144770332.jpg (440KB, 999x1827px) Image search: [Google]
1476144770332.jpg
440KB, 999x1827px
>>54377096
UGE came first in the early days of 2011, with baby elves and baby dwarves being born to human couples. Then Awakening, then in 2021 Goblinization hit, with many people spontaneously turning into orcs and trolls (a horrifically painful transition in the physical, emotional and social sense). Metavariants and metasapients emerged over time after the Awakening, with various populations cropping up at various points. SURGE started in the Year of the Comet (2061), with some people spontaneously expressing previously unknown genetics, and some children being born expressing those genetics.

The rule of thumb is that elves and dwarves are always born, orcs and trolls are almost always born post-2021 (spontaneously goblinization is still possible, but exceedingly unlikely), metavariants are born that way, and SURGE is still a crapshoot as the mana levels whip back and forth.
>>
>give my players a getaway driver because all of them focused their builds on doing the most damage possible
>Driver is pretty good, I they use him as a panic button to get them out of trouble a lot
>on one run, they get in way over their heads, have knight errrant, yakuza, and aztechnology actively dropping in guys to fight them
>hey guys, let's call the driver. He'll get us out.
>you sure you want to do that? there are over a dozen cars he'd have to get by, several units wielding rpgs, not to mention an f-ton of security drones.
>it'll be cool. he's never failed before.
>they proceed to sit back as the heat grows, don't even try to make a hole, just bunker down
>have the driver call in, says things are way too difficult for him to squeeze by
>one of them intimidates him with a ridiculous amount of successes
>I have him burst through, then roll for the various guards to attack him
>he dies
>players get angry with me, tell me I'm ruining their fun
>i point out how stupid their idea was
>devolves into shouting, players leave in a huff

Seriously, the campaign had some inkling of pink mohawk, but this was straight-up retarded.
>>
What are some good negative qualities for someone who has been mad cursed?
Like shat on a mummy and spat on a gypsy levels of cursed.
>>
>>54375631
>dual natured without astral vision
That's not a thing.
>>
>>54377256
>dat ork
Unf.
>>
>>54377126
Edgy meming desu.
All Editions past 3e are fine and so is the setting. Very detailed. Really can't fathom how one could like SR and dislike TDE/DSA at the same time.
The writers still know way to little about proper rules balancing. Or at least many of them.
>>
File: Drive Me Closer.jpg (98KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Drive Me Closer.jpg
98KB, 750x600px
>>54377450
Give people The Transporter and they'll expect to be transported. If he's never failed before, it may be obvious to you that he's just an NPC there to help with appropriate stats, but to the players he's the Get Out of Jail Free card.
>>
>>54377504
Gremlins
>>
>>54377504
Bad Luck is probably a good start. Borrowed Time might work for the more drastic sort of curse. Gremlins, as has been mentioned. I think there are metagenic qualities that spook animals and fuck with magic that might apply.
>>
What has been your experience in playing shadow run online with people? I am a new player who hasn't played but it seems like such a interesting setting and such. I find myself just reading through the book because its fun to read. I yearn to play in a session but it seems like such a crap shoot when you think about what could happen.

For example, what if a grenade goes off in a car? How the fuck do you calculate shit like that? or you do some other weird shit. Being a shadowrun GM must be hell.
>>
>>54377633
I think there are actually rules for explosives going off inside a car at the end of Run & Gun
>>
>>54377608
>>54377626
this is a good start.

What was the one that made it so any edge roll you use might be unlucky? I might combine that with a relatively high edge. Well, if I can fit it in.
>>
>>54377450
>expecting the GM to bail you out when shit hits the fan
>GM asks the classic "are you sure" AKA "don't fucking do that, you gibbering retards"
>proceed anyways
>gets mad when GM doesn't fix everything for them

I'm all for over the top shit in Shadowrun, but your players are a bunch of babies.
>>
>>54377504
Someone else might remember; one of the books has a metaplanar creature with a crazy name that basically shows up and offers someone good fortune if they agree to do a bunch of crazy stuff. If the person tries to back out of the deal, their luck does a 180. The downside of it could work for you.
>>
>>54377633
>What has been your experience in playing shadow run online with people?

I've been incredibly fortunate for the most part. The people I've played with have been fun, unique, and pretty laid back. I've never really met any of the spergs that people go on about. My biggest issue is actually finding a game because indeed, GMing Shadowrun isn't easy. You are pretty much working with three different systems (Physical/Astral/Matrix) that have their own set of rules and nuances.
>>
>>54377672
That'd be Bad Luck. whenever you spend Edge, roll 1D6; if the result is a 1, the Edge is spent but has the opposite effect. If you wanted to push the limit, you instead take a penalty equal to your Edge. You wanted to reroll dice that didn't get a hit? Reroll the ones that did instead. Wanted to go first in Initiative? You're going last. Only works once per session though - once you hit 'em, that's it til next time.
>>
>>54377690
I have no idea what you are talking about and I wish I did.
>>
Is hot simming as a rigger actually more dangerous than useful? I wanted to make a character that has a preference for hot simming but from what can gather.. its basically a suicide death sentence to be hot simmed in at all times.
>>
>>54377823
Extra initiative and +2 to all actions. If that is worth potentially taking some physical damage if your stuff gets bricked/shot, HotSim is for you.
>Disclaimer: Contact your local rigger expert, HotSim may have unintended side effects such as loud vroom vroom noises and increased autism.
>>
>>54377660
Beyond the standard pair of 'explosion in confined space' and 'blast damage to object'?
>>
File: 1208925348395.jpg (1016KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1208925348395.jpg
1016KB, 1920x1200px
>>54377633
>Grenade goes off in a car
>>"You, and everything inside that vehicle, are now paste. You can burn edge to have been hurled free by the blast out the back window, but you're going to have a full physical and stun condition monitor. Wat do?"
Dealing with chunky salsa and such is just a waste of time and autism.
>Playing online
I've seen some spergy behaviour, but nothing that's been enough to put me off a particular game. The nice thing about running Shadowrun online is that you're spoilt for choice. At no point are you ever thinking 'I hate this guy and everything about him, but I need the players' so you can generally cull the unpleasant people and wind up with a roster of pleasant people to play with.
As far as playing games go you can have a bit of an uphill climb as you're competing for limited seats with other players, but if you're willing to take a Missions-esque experience where your character doesn't really get much plot development, Runner Hub and such can be a fun way to get reasonably reliable games.
>>54377450
Well, no vehicle's going to survive sustained combat against multiple anti-armour combatants. You didn't really do anything wrong, it seems like the players had just gotten used to things going their way and thought you were punishing them.

The thing about panic buttons is that they're expected to work 100% of the time. If you've never had the NPC roll for this sort of thing before, then the players would pick up on that as punitive behaviour. You didn't really do anything wrong, but it could've been a good opportunity to pull back the curtain a bit and ask them what they intended to do to help the NPC survive.
>>54377823
Depends on how much you get shot at and what you're rigged into.
>>
File: 1485346560014.png (1MB, 939x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1485346560014.png
1MB, 939x1056px
>>54377818
Found it; Engkanto, from the Street Grimoire pg 100.

On actually rereading the rules for Karmic Boon/Curse, it's just 'If you make a spirit pact with the engkanto, it can grant Positive Qualities at no cost, and if it chooses revoke those qualities and give you negative ones instead.'

So not terribly useful. Although the rules for Spirit Pacts on pg 137 might give you some ideas for unusual curses.
>>
File: backdoorsmash.jpg (8KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
backdoorsmash.jpg
8KB, 500x324px
>>54368382
>>
>>54377884
I think so, considering it has a whole section on the mechanics for car bombs.
>>
>>54377884
Yes. It's for car bombs. Or cars with bombs inside them.
>>
>>54377596
This, pretty much. With stories like these, the DM always tells his very narrow version of the story and expects a pat on the back.
Usually can't actually expect a decent judgement without knowing the entire context.
>>
>>54368589
I want to Step It Up™
>>
>>54369206
But omae, that's how Horrors explicitly -are- in the setting. They absolutely have to be defined as something, or else they can't exist in the world at all, but the moment they -do- get a definition, they're vulnerable. Incredibly powerful, but vulnerable.

>>54375999
Not Horrors.
>>
File: astroboy.jpg (62KB, 760x1050px) Image search: [Google]
astroboy.jpg
62KB, 760x1050px
Hoi, chummers. I'm planning on having my runners sabotage a PR stunt by hacking an experimental mascot android. How much damage do you think a cartoon robot could do to a crowd with built-in pyrotechnic effects, jetpack propulsion systems, extendo-limbs, and the strength of 10 metahumans?
>>
>>54378559
Depends on if it have the means to sexually assault someone.
>>
File: Who Will Stop Me.gif (931KB, 301x240px) Image search: [Google]
Who Will Stop Me.gif
931KB, 301x240px
>>54378603
>extendo-limbs
>strength of 10 metahumans
>>
>>54378559
>and the strength of 10 metahumans?
An android with +30 str?
>>
>>54378559
Are they all soft targets, or will there be armed and trained security forces in attendance?
>>
>>54378876

Security at the event will be light. There's going to be more engineer wranglers on the scene than corp guards, and nobody's going to be able to do much about it until police response shows up.

>>54378840

Well I was speaking a little figuratively but it's supposed to be unreasonably strong for a mascot.
>>
File: 1495586141061.jpg (34KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1495586141061.jpg
34KB, 400x398px
>>54377450
Fuck 'em.
>>
>>54379031
I think it could probably fuck some shit up in a serious manner.
>>
>>54371726
Dragonfall from the games. Most of my DM's are smart enough to realize Shadowrunners are most suitable for city affecting campaigns.
>>
>>54379031
There are going to be fatalities in the double digits and injuries in the triple digits, depending on how many are in attendance.
>>
What's a better runner name for an edgelord in every sense of the word:

The Dwayne or The Chaz?
>>
>>54379822
The only correct name for an edgy edgelord is Razor.
>>
>>54379875
Shit, he has a point
>>
>>54379822
Both sound very non-edgy. More dudebro-ish.
>>
>>54379911
Imagine someone looming on a rainy rooftop muttering "I am the dwayne"
>>
>>54379875
>why are you called Razor?
"Because my sword is as sharp as a razor's edge."

"Because I always succeed by a razor's edge."

"Because I'm always on the bleeding edge, omae."
>>
>>54380035
>Why are you called razor
"...I used to be a barber."
>>
File: ohgooglyeyes.jpg (122KB, 1012x748px) Image search: [Google]
ohgooglyeyes.jpg
122KB, 1012x748px
Hey, /srg/, one of my runners is looking to get into producing simsense recordings to sell on the side, and we're starting to run into a lot of questions about the type of equipment he'd need. He's playing a SURGE catboy, and he's looking to get into the future trideo bootleg anime market by producing dreamchip BTL content based on popular seasonal series. He doesn't exactly have the resources to run a whole simsense studio, so he's thinking instead of hiring a bunch of actors and renting out an expensive storage space, he'd do it all in VR instead.

He's a Decker with a lot of knowledge about virtual stuff, so he's thinking of finding a way to install personafixes into his agents in order to get them to act like anime characters. After he gets the footage, he's planning on overlaying artificial tactile data to produce some cheap bootlegs to start with. Eventually he's going to get enough capita to upscale to making some more genuine recordings, and that's going to require purchasing a studio with equipment, actors, and the works.

But I'm thinking that he's probably going to disrupt the local BTL racket, so he'll be making some enemies by doing this.

All things considered, I want to know what equipment he might need to get started in VR, what equipment he's going to need once he gets enough money to open a studio, and what curveballs I might be able to throw at him in terms of other BTL producers in the area trying to muscle him out of their market. Do you guys have any input?
>>
>>54380198
>I want to know what equipment he might need to get started in VR
Anything that can run the Edit program. You can create/modify/forge any media with that. It's the universal editing software.

>what equipment he's going to need once he gets enough money to open a studio
Mainly just a simrig for any 'viewpoint' characters, and a commlink for them to be feeding the recording to. After that, it's just a matter of sets, lighting, scripts, and so on. Mechanically, it'll be closer to level design in a video game - trying to make the environment 'feel' right from the perspective of a mobile, first-person viewer - than set design for a movie.

>and what curveballs I might be able to throw at him in terms of other BTL producers in the area trying to muscle him out of their market
With stuff like this - where you're a better distributer the bigger your catalog of options is - it's less that they'll try to force him out, and more that they'll try to force him in. Somebody, inevitably, is going to try to get him to sell-out and become an in-house producer for a larger distributor. Likely Yakuza or Mafia - or whomever else tends to be the big names in organized vice in your city.
>>
>>54380263

This is really helpful info. Thanks a lot, chummer.
>>
Where can I learn more information about Hawaii in the Sixth World?
>>
I love the setting but hate the system. Are there any other systems where you've ran or you'd run shadowrun in, without losing its feeling?
>>
>>54381355
I've run it with the Blades in the Dark hack, and Interface Zero with a lot of house ruling to support finger wagglers and keeblers. I've seen some people use Gumshoe for it, haven't tried it myself though.
>>
File: 1414582518528.jpg (134KB, 736x1211px) Image search: [Google]
1414582518528.jpg
134KB, 736x1211px
Hey /srg/, tell me about your character.
>>
So, a lot of products talk about Tir exiles, but what the hell do you actually do to get kicked out of elfland?

Oh sure, if you're a high ranking politician or related to one the answer's easy but what about the rank and file that are spilling into Tarislar?
>>
>>54381709
Well getting on a bike and painting green A on your jacket is a start
>>
>>54381703
A street ganger elf rigger. He joined the Ancients at a young age, compensating for his lack of physical toughness with being a monster on a bike. Spent years racing, smuggling to and from the Tir, doing drive bys, and providing drone support.

He was good enough to earn some chrome but too much of a daredevil and thrillseeker to ever really rise to a position of power. Turned to running because he figured it'd be the only way he'd really rake in the nuyen and it supposedly lets him give the corps the finger. Still spends his downtime with the Ancients though.

As much as he'd love his career to be full of high octane, high speed, shootout-filled chases most of the time he's just providing fire support via a horde of rotodrones, doing scouting/intel gathering with minidrones, or ferrying the team around like a soccer mom.

Basically he'd kill to be in a pink mohawk world but is good enough at trenchcoat work for his teammates to mostly tolerate his attitude.
>>
>>54381709
Don't have to high ranking to be screwed by politics. Just be vocal about opinions a Prince doesn't like and don't shut up when you're told to.
>>
So, after watching trailer after trailer for disaster porn movies, how do i run those scenarios in Shadowrun?

Seriously tho.

What would i need.
>>
> There’s a small but growing move for “Liberty Gardens,” small indoor planters that let people grow their own food indoors. I’m told that Arthur Vogel’s a big supporter, which is why it’s weird that Knight Errant goons have started making it a point to smash them up while arresting people for illegal farming. Ares management is tearing the megacorp apart.
> Butch
>>
>>54383340
>illegal farming

How did corps justify this to the public? Corps are in total control and the people are sheep and all that, but from what I've seen corps usually give a justification, as flimsy as it may be.
>>
File: Simulated Humans.gif (605KB, 1777x1174px) Image search: [Google]
Simulated Humans.gif
605KB, 1777x1174px
>>54380198
>he's thinking of finding a way to install personafixes into his agents

You can't. There are personality programs for non-living things (like weapon personalities) but personafixes require a living brain. Similarly, you need a simrig to capture any simsense; trying to put it on afterwards is like trying to take a single still image and turn it into a 3D movie.

Like >>54380263 said, you can edit media with Edit, but it's not going to produce anything like simsense. There's a reason that there are actually still actors and IRL productions, instead of one dude with a fancy terminal producing every Sony blockbuster.
>>
File: Aloha.jpg (106KB, 786x850px) Image search: [Google]
Aloha.jpg
106KB, 786x850px
>>54381002
House of the Sun, a Findley novel from back in the day, and Paradise Lost, an old adventure set there.
>>
>>54384427
No idea, but most people don't do their own farming.

I just posted it for farmer-non.
>>
Hey /srg/, what's the worst background story you gave a character
>>
File: News.jpg (138KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
News.jpg
138KB, 1364x768px
>>54384427
>Theft of copyrighted seeds [footage of lab being raided, innocent lab tech bleeding out in the background].
>Biocontaminants leaking through the ceiling of your child's room [leaking hydroponics, growing damp spot above an adorable child's bed].
>Unsafe food sold to unsuspecting customers [dirty troll shoving clearly spoiled vegetables into bags and writing 'Austrafarm' on the outside].
>The growing dangers of illegal farming, and how you can keep your family safe. Details at 11.
>>
>>54384427
With the Sixth World's pollution problems, it wouldn't be too hard to sell to average Joe Wageslave that anything not produced under government or corp control is hazardous to one's health.
>>
>>54384427
They're farming that marijuana drug that the kids are injecting themselves with.
>>
>>54384427
easy just blame it on the cyborgs.
>>
>>54375206
Around elves, watch yourselves
>>
>>54381002
>>54384455

There's also a marginal amount in Shadows of Asia.
>>
File: Victor Mugshot.png (41KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
Victor Mugshot.png
41KB, 210x310px
>>54381703
I wanted to play something different, so I made Victor, a mundane unaugmented drug-addicted jack-of-all trades edge monkey.

Victor was born and raised in Seattle. Both of his parents were Ares, with his father being a shareholder and his mother employed as a wage-mage. He is the oldest of 6 sons and 2 daughters. After high school, he bucked all of the wealth and privilege to live a life of action and adventure. In his early 20s, he got into smuggling, mainly drugs, because it allowed him to make a good amount of money, with the bonuses of meeting interesting people and traveling to exotic locales. When he was 29 he was busted on a racketeering charge.

During his time in prison, he learned quickly where lines were drawn - he never experienced prejudice like this. Cliques of people, separated by meta-type, language, race; all preying on each other. He thought that he'd bide his time, be friendly to the guards, maybe be a snitch, and most importantly, never take a side and he'd be out before he turned 40. A few months in and a near-death beating later shattered that idea.

He fell into the only group that'd have him - Human Front. First he was associate, but that didn't offer enough protection for him, so to prove his loyalty and to gain membership, he needed to kill a meta. So, with his bare-hands, he killed the biggest troll he could find, and again, nearly died doing so. He became a killer for Human Front and by extension, some of the corrupt guards. Eventually, the rhetoric wore on him, and he became a true blooded human supremacist.

His brother (who is the fixer of the players in the campaign I'm running) pulled some strings to get him out of prison, but didn't cover the fee. Victor owes a lot of money to a dwarf, and if he doesn't pay up, he goes straight back. On another note, he refuses to get any cybernetic augmentation and thinks that anybody that does without needing it is "fucking weird." He low-key prides himself in being a "pure" human.
>>
>>54368180

I love whoever drew this.
>>
>>54371726
My players are currently running an operation for the CIA in Cuba to help stabilize the country after the president-for-life underwent leonization. They're doing it so that Cuba would consider an alliance with the UCAS.
>>
>>54369646

Use those wooden construction kits that kids play with to create the environment. Lacks immersion but it's cheap available and accomplishes your goal.
>>
Where can I read about A and AA corps? One is gonna feature heavily in an upcoming game of mine, being the main mission giver, and I need to know what kind of assets it would be reasonable for them to have.
>>
>>54387035
Market Panic in 5e, Corporate Guide in 4e, Corporate Download in 3e
>>
>>54387035
In short?

An A-ranked company is a grotesquely-powerful multinational corporation - the sort of one that puts anything that exists in the present day to shame. The power they wield over local governments is insane, as is the amount of capital they can throw around. There are thousands of As.

A AA-ranked company is literally a nation. It issues SINs, has legal citizens, fields a military (or rents one), and has its own territory with actual borders on a map instead of just sites in someone else's nationstate. There are hundreds of AAs.

And then a AAA is just the top-10 AAs.

The main distinction between A and AA is that AA is extraterritorial and issues corporate SINs.
>>
How does this sound for a short run for my group tonight?

>evo low-level suit hires runners to go erase the memories of a bunraku girl after he blabbed some corp info to her
>runners have to infiltrate bunraku parlor and find her and kill/modify her
>without bringing up the ire of all the Yak muscle protecting the place
>>
>>54387154
Simple enugh with a potential to end on the Yakuzas shitlist / game over. I like it.
>>
>>54387154
Well, how low level is the suit/how much do you plan on having the run pay? Because the first thing that stuck out is where is the guy getting the money to pay them for this personal fuck up?

Otherwise, I like it a lot. Simple but lots of different possible outcomes and things to consider.
>>
File: white_rabbit_by_soft_h-d98re4a.png (952KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
white_rabbit_by_soft_h-d98re4a.png
952KB, 1000x750px
Are there any pieces of ware that could at least be fluffed as making someone not have a mouth/bottom half of their face? Not a junkyard jaw, but just flat.
>>
>>54387907
Maybe a bit higher level. I didn't think of that, thanks. Maybe the johnson is doing this as a favor for a friend? I liked the idea of a really disheveled johnson that hasn't slept for a couple days begging the runners to save his skin.
>>
I need some tips for a martial artist adept in a street level game with sum-to-10 but no A.
>>
File: 1462337156214.png (310KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
1462337156214.png
310KB, 650x400px
>>54387956
False Face? You do know you need to eat, right?
>>
>>54387956
Partial Cyberskull?

>>54387979
Clubs Martial Artist. You use Staves and Stun Batons to beat on fuckers.
>>
File: 1465477371078.png (102KB, 200x584px) Image search: [Google]
1465477371078.png
102KB, 200x584px
>>54387973
If the guy is not a total schlub, he'll have some money set by. Taking out a loan from an EVO-owned bank at punitive interest. Selling his car. Selling secrets (even just his login info for the local host) to whoever in the shadows is connecting him to the runners in the first place.

There's ways to raise quick cash.
>>
>>54388021
Feeding tube. Like the person in the picture. Food goes in through their throat or some other port on their body.
>>
>>54388039
I really wanted to make heavy use of the martial arts techniques in Run & Gun
>>
>>54387956

Unless you have a reason for it, it sounds purely cosmetic. Pretty sure cosmetic cyberware is in the books.
>>
>>54387907
>>54387973
Dude can easily have a rainy day fund - or took out a loan from a loanshark to pay for the runners. Where he's getting the money from - and what consequences he'll have to face later - isn't the runners' problem. Anyone can get enough money to hire some runners if they're willing to pay for it.
>>
>>54387956
Partial cyberskull and the distinctive appearance disadvantage.
>>
>>54388132
My thinking is essentially the guy turned his face into a ballistic mask. With armor and all built in respirators/voice modulators.

>>54388182
>>54388039
Partial cyberskull makes the most sense. I got too wrapped up in thinking about it as the side of the head that is conventionally that I forgot it could theoretically go anywhere.

Thanks.
>>
>>54388082
Take partical cyberskull and be smart enough to ask your DM if you can modify it to be a modular component (hand/feet size should be enough) to replace it with a proper feeding yourself aparatus.
>>
>>54388110
Bad news is that most of the Martial Arts and techniques are pretty shit. Good news is that Jujitsu and Karate are pretty amazing for Unarmed Combat though.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s4RqCugSDuHiUaVUs8Dk491oasP4r-2U3GQs-JHq9Cg/edit

My advice is to go Bio-adept. Take a single point of Essence Loss and get 4 Striking Callouses at chargen with plans to get Bone Density later. By combining Biocompatibility (Bioware) and Alphaware, 4 Striking Callouses and Bone Density 4 leave you at 5.02. Skimmers are really nice as well because of how important Movement Speed is for Close Combat fighters. Might want to drop down to 4 ESS for those and whatever other augs you want.
>>
>>54388356
Man, that would be bizarre to watch. Like an old person putting in their dentures, except you put in your entire mouth.
>>
>>54383340
>>54384501
but farmer anon already pointed that out last thread.
He even specified the main reason against farming was that corps made it illegal, not any kind of production problem.
>>
File: 1499904419326.gif (1MB, 285x285px) Image search: [Google]
1499904419326.gif
1MB, 285x285px
So I'm reading through Market Panic right now and I just came across this little tidbit.

>Psychokinetic abilities that allow technomancers or mundanes mental powers to move objects.

???
>>
>>54388466
Add some occular drones, add a voice synthesizer to the cyberskull and (If possible, I don't have the books right now) add some form of connector to the occular drones.

You now have a spoopy flying face to talk to Johnson with for your first and last run.
>>
>>54388550
who said it?
>>
File: David_Archer_ME2_charshot.png (3MB, 1620x2160px) Image search: [Google]
David_Archer_ME2_charshot.png
3MB, 1620x2160px
So what if technomancers aren't actually linked to the Matrix but are actually linked to some central entity of an artificial hive mind that is hooked directly into the Matrix, thereby making them more-so very limited and likely artificial psykers instead of just being pure mary sues?
>>
>>54388636
>pure mary sues
?
>>
File: prototype_by_soft_h-dapnhrd.jpg (543KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
prototype_by_soft_h-dapnhrd.jpg
543KB, 847x1200px
>>54388611
CGL, out of character.

>Creating a book full of Evo advanced products, even if they’re just rumors or prototypes, is basically like asking to give every gamemaster that we love and respect a massive pain in the hoop. If it’s in a book, someone is going to want it for their character, and with things like this, it would be quickly unbalancing. But creating a book and then saying that players can’t ever have this is kind of shady as well, and while we write Shadowrun, we don’t like being shady. So this little sidebar is a small compromise. A few ideas for things that can be given to major NPCs as you tell tales of Evo’s efforts to advance mankind. Make sure the costs in nuyen, Essence, and/or Karma are appropriately high!

There's also

>Augmentation enhancements that go beyond the +4 Attribute Enhancement maximum
>Augmentation enhancements that go beyond the +4 Attribute Enhancement maximum.
>Augmentations that reduce Essence even less than deltaware.
>Drones with their own AI-like Pilot program, complete with advanced skills.
>A deck or RCC with higher attribute numbers than currently available decks.
>Movement enhancements for vehicles, drones, and NPCs.
>The ability to copy any face through cyberware, bioware, geneware, or nanoware
>>
>>54388692
>while we write Shadowrun, we don’t like being shady
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: baitangry.png (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
baitangry.png
13KB, 224x225px
>>54388668
>>
>>54388748
I don't understand
are you calling me or >>54388636 bait?
>>
>>54388692
>bigger numbers
Big whoop
>>
>>54388791
Most of those are fine. It's really just the psionics thing that caught me off guard.
>>
>>54388805
I mean, I like it? But then I actually enjoyed the psychokinetic cyborg from Cyber City Oedo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu9uxPy3PxE
>>
File: boss_by_relentless666-d8grm0t.png (315KB, 696x828px) Image search: [Google]
boss_by_relentless666-d8grm0t.png
315KB, 696x828px
>>54388636
>So what if technomancers aren't actually linked to the Matrix
>but are actually linked to some central entity of an artificial hive mind that is hooked directly into the Matrix

So, not linked to the Matrix but linked to the Matrix?

>some central entity of an artificial hive mind
You mean like an AI or the omnipresent, god-like presence that is the Resonance? Odd, I feel like I read this somewhere.

>making them more-so very limited
The last thing Technomancers need is more nerfing. They are barely viable right now.

>likely artificial psykers
You mean artificially induced through, again, the Resonance with some help by the unnatural second matrix crash and the awakening of DEUS? Weird, I feel like I read about this.

>instead of just being pure mary sues?
????
>>
File: Psiamp.jpg (14KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
Psiamp.jpg
14KB, 218x300px
How long until I can get my mage a psi-amp?
>>
>>54388903
See >>54388748
>>
>>54388926
>Psionic tradition
>Focus
>???
>Profit
>>
>>54388941
again, in what way is it bait?
If anyone is mary sues it's mages
>>
>>54388972
I'm saying that dude is clearly low-tier-baiting and you are falling for it.
>>
File: tumblr_lrbdd9PK1W1qidrtmo1_500.jpg (126KB, 500x507px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lrbdd9PK1W1qidrtmo1_500.jpg
126KB, 500x507px
>>54388903
I'm only casually aware of the franchise and the things it's done. I just stick around at times because this is the only thing resembling a stable cyberpunk thread. So I request that you excuse my ignorance. I just had a thought and remembered people bitching about technomancers at one point. Good to be set straight, though. So thanks.
>>
>>54388972
You mean the guys that constantly fall over and sleep in any serious situation due to their spells brainfucking them?

You want Mary-sues, leave the mages alone and just take the whole Run Faster book.
>>
>>54389008
then why not reply to his post?
Why not just answer my question >>54388787?

>>54389023
>people bitching about technomancers
people were bitching about
A) them being weaksauce
and
B) their book having an ETA of (Heat death of the Universe)+5
>>
>>54389056
The thing I remember is people bitching about their very existence and how it undermined the role of deckers.

Again, sorry.
>>
>>54389084
>undermined the role of deckers.
>TMs
>undermining ANYONE
Exceptional Attribute (KEK)
>>
>>54389056
Because I didn't think I'd have to spell it out
Sorry for overestimating your mental capacities.
>>
>Not just retconning Technomancers out of existance in your games.

To be fair, I might just unjustly be bothered by them, but they feel so unnecessary and snowflakey, with no real reason of being there.
>>
>>54389116
>Because I didn't think I'd have to spell it out
Poe's Law, drekhead
until we get Simsense we can't tell

>>54389158
>snowflakey
why
>>
>>54386510
Read
>My players are Black Lodge pawns that are advancing the BL goal of reforming the USA and having them go full Monroe Doctrine again.
>>
>>54389168
the dregs of /tg/ think everything is snowflakey, anon.
>>
How do I be an illuminati hunter in the sixth world?
How do I be part of the illuminati in the sixth world?
>>
>>54389158
I like to use them as NPC's. They give a lot of flavor to the Cyberpunk-theme if kept mysterious.

Mostly young, tribe-like structures of full Neon-Punk kids that "feel" the Internet/Matrix and pray to the gods of this Neon world, see AI's the same way the rest of Humanity sees Dragons and/or Gods and have developed Jedi powers like we all tried when we were kids concentrating to move the remote.
>>
>>54389205
Humanis and the Black Lodge, respectively.
>>
>>54389205
>How do I be an illuminati hunter in the sixth world?
The same way you are in the fifth. Lots of Conspiracy theories and Alex Jones.

>How do I be part of the illuminati in the sixth world?

>Survive in the shadows for a prolongued amount of time.
Never ever accrue prominence
>Do not post on Jackpoint/Shadowland/WhatevershityourGMmadeup
>Never post any really valuable paydata for sale. keep it and use it to your own advantage.
>Delete all traces of yourself, always
>The most unlikely contact you have, something like your Donut store vendor, will hand you your badge
>>
File: brain-death-silence.gif (26KB, 254x218px) Image search: [Google]
brain-death-silence.gif
26KB, 254x218px
>>54389241
>Technomancers as wraeththu
Aaaaaaa
>>
>>54389168
"You merely adopted the matrix. I was born in it, molded by it."
"My understanding of the matrix is far greater than yours."
And other tech wizard tales. I dislike the mix of magic and technology, and aside from Technomancers we've pretty much been told that magic and technology don't mix well.
To then have a few select rare eggs that can control the matrix via handwavium (when that's essentially what hackers already do in VR, rulewise at least) just feels strange.

But tl:dr, I don't like it so I don't use it. Such is GM law.
>>
>>54389317
The Wraethtu and Lensmen are definitely inspirations for them.
>>
How should I fluff Asamando?
>>
>>54389370
>Wraethtu
Or, you know, the chick from the Sprawl Trilogy that speaks to AIs/Loa without needing a cyberdeck?
>>
>>54389336
>I dislike the mix of magic and technology,
Technomancers are not mixed. They are completely unaffected by Astral phenomena unless they would affect mundanes as well, do not have access to magical spells and so on.

You need to separate crunch and lore here. The crunch is mage-like for playability and GM mental health reasons. Fluff-wise they are mutated humans that can actually claim the radio towers gave them headaches.
>>
>>54389404
Secret state run human farms.
>>
>>54389422
I need to get off both my figurative and literal asses and actually dig through those at some point.
>>
>>54389404
>How should I fluff Asamando?
It already has fluff. What are you wondering about?
>>
>>54389422
>the chick from the Sprawl Trilogy
True. I had all but forgotten about her.
>>
>>54389502
Should I play it as a 1700s-esque raiding and captive-taking tribal land? Or a respectable, civilized nation of ghouls who dindu.
>>
>>54389582
Both.
They are a functioning nation. However, they need Metahuman flesh to survive.

Human farms / cloning is probably good enough to keep them stable, but there is certainly more than one troupe of hunters amidst their ranks that capture tastier prey without official state support.
>>
>>54389582
In between, but it's a fully developed nation with corporations and wageslaves and shit. They have a modern economy and infrastructure.
>>
>>54389582
According to the (shitty, I know) wiki, Asamando has the highest literacy rate in the world despite a good chunk of its population not having eyes.
>>
>>54389636
You can read without having eyes. But yes, pointless stats are pointless.
>>
>>54389636
A lot of things have gotten "the highest literacy rate in the world" in Shadowrun over the years. Trolls, Korobukuro, Wuxing employees, Tir Tairngire residents and Nagas off the top of my head.
>>
>>54389471
>They are completely unaffected by Astral phenomena

Oh I know they're not actually Magic, but the way they use the Matrix is literally just magic.

I'd understand it being kept as a thing with how the Renraku Arcology AI experimented on people to create it, but I mean you're already capable of implanting a computer into your head and you're good to go. That just makes technomancers extremely niche.
>>
>>54388636
Wasn't there that one guy who cameod as a hirable decker in Shadowrun returns who dated an AI or something? That was pretty suey
>>
>>54389636
>Asamando has the highest literacy rate in the world despite a good chunk of its population not having eyes.
I can imagine having to know Braille is a pretty important thing in a country were most of the population is blind.
>>
>>54389849
They cheat. They use simsense tech to allow the blind to 'see' by overlapping a hot sim recording of where their head/'eyes' are pointing with reality, apparently.
>>
>>54389955
>a hot sim recording
do you mean a trideo recording?
>>
>>54389955
And suddenly it's hard to believe the high litteracy, because I can't imagine almost all of the population having that tech.
>>
>>54389995
Are you TRYING to fry your brain, chummer?
He said Simsense because it is Simsense. Visual Simsense in this case. Trying to force a Metahuman brain to render Trid on its own is a surefire way to install the worlds tiniest smoke machines in your ears.

>>54390029
A Datajack and/or a trode headband? You can go to a Simsense parlor for 5 Y per hour. Schools will have those things in every classroom if a kid forgets to bring his own.
>>
>>54389582
Asamando is a modern nation, with nationwide, government paid for matrix services and a modern economy. However they also eat people to survive, and have farms of people if jackpoint is to be believed.
>>
>>54368180
>>54368382
>>54368669
I thought it was Kevin Costner.
>>
>>54390379
I'd think I'd lay my bets on a young Mel Brooks rather than Kevin Costner.
>>
File: shadowtalk.jpg (232KB, 567x754px) Image search: [Google]
shadowtalk.jpg
232KB, 567x754px
>>54381519
I am working on a Blades in the Dark Hack myself, and checked out Interface Zero because you mentioned it... they really want to be Shadowrun hard, man, right down to the layout.
>>
>>54389053
Yes, because mages are definitely casting every spell at high enough force to cause knockout levels of Stun. They're not doing things like using foci, metamagics, and other aids to make Drain a minor issue for the spells they do want to cast, while also having a stableful of spirits who could outclass the sammy in a fight waiting in the wings.
>>
>>54389241
Urban tribes don't get the respect they deserve. Otaku tribes were all over the place in 3e.
>>
>>54389336
Their understanding of the Matrix isn't all that great. They spew out spaghetti code and communicate with programs that are barely holding themselves together out of random data scraps.

A technomancer can have no idea how the Matrix actually works, because they interact with it in an entirely different way. It's like a blind artist who's really good at form, but has no idea what colours and patterns are.
>>
>>54389621
>cloning

Explicitly no.
>>
>>54390029
Asamando fluff is that part of the method the Queen uses to keep control is by providing tons of extra stuff, top-down, to keep this nation of apex predators from disintegrating.
>>
>>54391194
Cloned flesh isn't that rare. It stands at the core of a lot of Bioware.

Maybe I should have clarified that cloning full Metahumans is something one may want to reserve for the darkest corners of Aztechnology, but vat-grown meat sounds like a reasonably, if probably boring-tasting staple of Ghoul diet in thjeir own state.

I'd use it like Soy is used in the rest of the world.
>>
>>54391295
Ghouls can't eat clone flesh to sustain themselves because it doesn't give them essence.
>>
>>54391295
Problem: Vat-grown/cloned food doesn't have any essence of its own. This is why Ghouls and Vampires require metahuman flesh and blood and can't just eat animals.
>>
>>54391295
Cloning is a thing, go read about WIMPs. There are no large-scale cloning farms of things that can feed Infected, though; that's a big deal (one of Dunk's bequests was to althe first person/corp who could produce artificial flesh that feeds infected). It's not that CW show where vampires can go down to the store for a pint of O-negative, it needs to be the Essence of a real human being.
>>
>>54391419
Animals don't have essence? How heavily can your cyberize them then?
>>
>>54391454
They have essence, but not metahuman essence.
>>
>>54391454
Animals have 6 Essence in terms of cyberware. But animal essence is different from metahuman essence because reasons. No 'vegetarian' gnawers.
>>
>>54391454
He said they required Metahuman flesh and blood, not just random Essence. Try to keep up.
>>
>>54391409
>>54391419
>>54391442
Well fuck. Where can Ghouls get essence otherwise? It would be hard to believe than a Nation that constantly needs to hunt for Metahumans to sustain its own population would exist in any stable form. There needs to be something we can do lore-wise to reduce the need for constant murder.
>>
>>54388341
How do you talk if you have no lips?
>>
>>54391525
>There needs to be something we can do lore-wise to reduce the need for constant murder.
No there doesn't
you don't need to reduce the murder
just put it somewhere else
>>
>>54391525
They ship in bodies (not all of them dead yet) from all parts of Africa and other warzones. Import food, export goods and raw materials.
>>
>>54391525
The big D was stupid enough to offer money for the first ghoul nation to be recognized
>>
>>54391525
See, there's enough killing in Shadowrun that ghouls don't have to murder. You can be free body disposal.
>>
>>54391576
Something something black president

>>54391563
That could work. Does refigerating a body help keep the essence in?

>>54391558
Metahumans are generally harder to kill than most food sources. They tend to have guns and become organised before you come back for seconds. They also have a shitty-low birthrate and maturation time, even if we assume large Ork amounts in the local vicinity.
>>
Is there any difference between an aspected magician and a magician who just sticks to one skill group of magic
>>
>>54391652
>Metahumans are generally harder to kill than most food sources.
good thing that metahumans in those war states dedicate their free time with killing other humans
>>
>>54391652
Refrigeration onit's own does nothing but keep the meat fresh, but there are spells like Preserve that help, iirc.

>>54391729
Aspected literally can't do anything else, otherwise it's a preference. Used to be that Aspected was a trap option because you got less for the same price, but FA made it more appealing
>>
>>54391532
Poorly.
>>
>>54391525
>There needs to be something we can do lore-wise to reduce the need for constant murder.

You could always let the ghouls summon in a horror of ceaseless and abundant essence that rapidly regenerates itself. At least until it surges out of control and grows over the whole of the Earth.
>>
File: Ghoul not porn.png (704KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul not porn.png
704KB, 800x600px
>>54391838
>Ghouls eating pulsating, living mushroom-like blobs from the outer realms
>Cosmic Horror Kebab sold at street corners
I'm fine with this
>>
>>54391576
Has anyone ever tried to cure ghouls are have they just given up?
>>
>>54391525
Yes there is something
Kill them and all the infected
Cut out a litteral disease
Do not look for a way to feed it
>>
>>54391795
FA?
>>
>>54392082
Forbidden Aracana. Check the pastebin in the OP.
>>
>>54392031
I had the party escort a Vampire hunter NPC during one mission. When they ran into a ghoul colony underground, the NPC asked the Street-sam to help him eliminate all the ghoul children of the colony because it would be the merciful thing to do.
No fucks given on the sam's part. I subtracted some Karma from the group's end reward, though.
>>
>>54391838
This is actually a great idea for a BBEG who thinks he's being really good, summoning a crazy spirit for ghouls to eat so it doesn't have to be humans.
>>
>>54392129
you should've let us steal his tricked out sword too after we saved his life
>>
File: business.jpg (498KB, 2650x1491px) Image search: [Google]
business.jpg
498KB, 2650x1491px
>>54392210
>implying I'd even bother to stat that shit
>>
Hey Yekka small little bug to report on 5193169:

Choosing the "Wild Hunt" Mentor Spirit crashes Chummer.

>Crash followup id = 461e79ee-0ebc-45d6-8e96-3b6656c522ee
>>
NEW THREAD
>>54392349
>>54392349
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.