[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo, randomfags - does this apply to you? Are you weak-willed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: random.png (672KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
random.png
672KB, 636x440px
Yo, randomfags - does this apply to you?

Are you weak-willed and unable to make decisions? Do the responsibilities of game mastering get on your nerves? Do you use an excessive amount of random tables, such as randomly rolling for encounters and treasure? Do you find yourself defending your GMing by always falling back to the excuse of "It's what the dice told me!"?

Well, you gotta stop it and make up your own stuff. Take responsibility for what you put on the table. Actually use your imagination instead of tables or shit.
>>
>>54367770
Just find another GM if you're not happy with your current.
If any one can put up with you, that is.
>>
>>54367770
When I use random tables I usually make them up myself
>>
>>54367770
It's one thing to use dice to make arbitrary decisions of import, and another to use it as part of a game.

Random tables add a certain level of uncertainty that is fun when done right.
Brainlets might not understand it, but it's ok, because RPGs were never designed for them.

Also, to quote a teacher of mine:
>GMs don't kill player character. PLAYERS kill player characters.
>>
>>54367770
I roll on random tables frequently but the result inspires me to make up something completely different. I need constant input to churn out my campaigns, be it from a table, something I read or saw, or the players themselves.
>>
>>54368997
>GMs don't kill player character.
Not the good ones at least.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.