[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /tg/ I recently picked up the Judge Dredd splat book for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: judgedreddclassicstop.jpg (64KB, 584x302px) Image search: [Google]
judgedreddclassicstop.jpg
64KB, 584x302px
Sup /tg/

I recently picked up the Judge Dredd splat book for Traveller and I was wondering if you could nit pick a scenario I thought up.

Mass gorging has broken out over the city blocks in the sector, with citizens consuming everything they can. Shoplifting and burglary is on the rise and some of the judges have even begun to feel the effects of the ravenous hunger. This has sparked up hatred to the local fatty groups by those that can think long enough around the hunger pains, and the local Fatty Abolition Front are doing what they can to fan the flames.
FAF members say that this is all the fatties' fault, as they want everyone to turn into them.
Fatties say that it's the FAF trying to make them look bad and why can't we consume in peace?
Investigation reveals that the recent munce shipments to the have been spiked with hunger inducers, causing all who eat the tampered food to scoff everything in sight. Tamperings can be traced back to a recent member of the FAF, a tweaked out runt who tampered with the munce at the factory. In interrogation, said member stumbles through a confession, but something seems off...
Psychic examination reveals a suggestion planted into his subconcious, telling him to spike the munce and confess to it if caught. Turns out it was the fatties all along that were behind it, the situation being a plan to turn opinions against the FAF and hopefully remove them from the sector altogether. A fatty psyker affiliated with the upper echelons was ordered to plant the suggestion into the runt's mind, the plan that the Judge crackdown on the FAF would incite violence and bad opinions against them.

A lot of holes, but that's what I've got at the moment. Thoughts?
>>
First thought is that there are too few factions. Perhaps making a division within the judges, some that side either for or against fatties or the FAF?

Which leads me to my second thought, that the mystery is too simple.
It's a simple back and forth, hoping the players work out what will change the perceived guilt before deadly action is taken.
I prefer the formula they often use on procedural cop shows: they work in a tightening circle, each clue sending them wherever they will find the next clue, with each clue bringing them closer to the true story and the answer.
>>
>>54365167
>A fatty psyker affiliated with the upper echelons
Also, a guy like this is likely working his own angle and not just in it for the cause.
>>
>>54366164
>>54366186
OP here.

Good points. Perhaps this is just the tip of the iceberg? Part of a larger plan to begin a sector wide war? The violence means fresh bodies. There enters organ runners, and the hunger inducers must come from somewhere...
>>
This seems like a neat scenario. Like >>54366164 said though, a real investigation needs to be less simple. You could put in a red herring, but that'd still make the whole situation and setup a bit simplistic.

That being said, be careful who you run this for. If there's a fat person in the group, they might feel confronted and/or targetted. Even if the conclusion ends up being as you said, if you're running a Dredd scenario, it's almost mandatory to have very unflattering descriptions.
>>
>>54366164
>>54366186
The psyker is in the pay of certain members of the munce processors association, who want to increase their market share.
What they don't realise is that they have also been subjected to subtle influence by another psyker, who wants to discredit the munce industry, because he/she is secretly addicted to Grunge(Tm), and wants production of Otto's finest to be unbanned.
>>
File: Dredd - Fatties3.jpg (29KB, 319x221px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd - Fatties3.jpg
29KB, 319x221px
You could do with a reason for why the factions take this particular moment to attack each other. Why is FAB particularly prominent at this moment, and why is it so important that they are got rid of right now when such a drastic solution risks long cube times with stringent diets and/or exile to the Cursed Earth for being a mutie?

I suggest something like an Intercity Eating Championship or a special Fatty Olympics as a framing device. You can structure each session like a Prog episode and introduce different groups and red herrings as you go.

1) The Games are in town! The team is assigned to help out and work out of a nearby precinct house. Meet and greet the competitors, screen them for illegal substances (introducing the idea of appetite enhancers) and protect them from demonstrators.
2) The games begin. Passions are stirred up. More cits than ever are taking up competitive eating, which is in turn provoking an ever more aggressive response from the FAB. Introduce your plot here as it seems that some Cits are juicing up with a new and more potent inducer, possibly brought in by a rival team or its supporters, for a head-start
3) Fun and games. Balance between the normal insanity and crime of Mega City One and the new stuff for the games. Cannibal in the stands! Robbery while everyone's seemingly distracted! Simp doing something stupid for attention because they feel left out! Continue to pursue leads on the mega-eating crimes.
4) Mega City One leading the field in medals, or at least eating it. Absolutely no trace of appetite inducers or the like, but some of the competitors are acting... weird. More weird than normal. Meanwhile, results lead to the Munce factory. Pursue leads further.
5) Trace it back to the Fatties organising the games. Their Psi is forcing the home team to gorge with supernatural force, regardless of the pain. Discrediting the FAB and winning the games will make Fatties heroes, and they won't be stopped by no Judge!
>>
>>54365167
League Of Fatties pretty much covers that.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.