[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been practicing on Chess.com but the AI murders me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I've been practicing on Chess.com but the AI murders me even on lvl 1.

How did you get good at chess /tg/?
>>
>>54362941
Losing to my grandfather every day for weeks on end when I was 10.
>>
>>54362973
This

Losing to a superior opponent over and over again, each time learning from how you made a mistake and what your opponent did, whether your opponent is an AI, your grandfather, or your Renaissance Man of a Ukrainian housemate who casually beats you while drinking 160 proof vodka.

>>54362941
>but the AI murders me even on lvl 1.
It's not a bug, it's a feature.
>>
>>54362941
Chess is a solved game at this point. A.I's will always beat humans, no human has beat a chess A.I since like 2005.

I think if you want try learning a strategic game try playing something like Magic the Gathering, much more skill involved and the best players don't get cucked by a robot.
>>
>>54364802
Except for the AIs in the magic:duels games who I'm pretty sure cheat in order to maintain a sembleance of difficulty
>>
>>54362941

Get a copy of "Reassess Your Chess." Read it. Understand that you won't fully get it until way, way later in your career but at least let it give you an idea of what you're trying to do.

Then get in there and play a *lot* of games.
>>
>>54364802
I could never beat mike tyson but that doesn't mean I don't box and I couldn't debate Plato but that doesn't mean I don't get in retarded arguments with stupid faggots on the internet
>>
>>54362941
Learn the theory behind the opening game. Not book openings themselves, though looking at the most popular ones can help, but watch some videos on the most advantageous positions during the first 6-8 moves and how common openings work to achieve those positions. After that it's tactics and checkmate puzzles, and playing a game or two a day. A lot of people bang on about 'thinking 5 moves ahead', but in the mid game I mostly find I can predict "Alright if I move here, this is the biggest threat I'm creating, and he has to react by making move X or Y, anything else is a straight loss, so from there.."
Also, review your games with the online computer or some Stockfish8 setup on your PC to note any big swings in positional advantage you didn't notice.

Oh, and I'd recommend playing against human opponents, because while perfect AI play is a good tool, it a good skill to be able to spot and exploit on the fly weak moves being made by bad players. Seeing and capitalising on these mistakes makes you more wary of playing weak moves.

I'm also going to shill chessnetwork because i have a bonner for his material.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjzvVVrxWw&list=PLQsLDm9Rq9bHKEBnElquF8GuWkI1EJ8Zp&index=5
>>
Lectures with GM Ben Finegold. At least they're fun.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.