[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What system would you use to run a game in middle-fantasy pre-christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: CelticKnot1.png (175KB, 900x914px) Image search: [Google]
CelticKnot1.png
175KB, 900x914px
What system would you use to run a game in middle-fantasy pre-christian Ireland, /tg/? I've been giving it some thought for a while, and GURPs is the only one I've given serious thought to. Problem is, I don't know jackshit about GURPS.
>>
>>54361981
Do you know anything about Mythras?
>>
>>54362114
>Mythras
Just checked it out. Looks p. cool. Would I just use the Britain supplement and tweak it to fit the setting?
>>
>>54361981
>Problem is, I don't know jackshit about GURPS.
GURPS Celtic Myth for fluff, GURPS Basic Set for rules, GURPS Low-Tech for lifestyle and gear, GURPS Fantasy or Dungeon Fantasy 1 for templates. Basic Set's magic is fine for your first game, but I recommend against using GURPS Magic since that's a shit-ton of spells.
>>
>>54361981
I would recommend King Arthur Pendragon. You can buy a supplement that gives a wealth of information on tribal Irish culture and religion.
>>
>>54362543
Plus all the fun of a long running, multi-generational game that only Pendragon can give.
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>54361981
>>54362510

GURPS is best
>>
File: That'sMyFetish.gif (2MB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
That'sMyFetish.gif
2MB, 280x182px
>>54362510
Thanks, Anon! I'll start looking for those now.

>>54362543
>>54362550
Multi-generational, you say?
>>
>>54362705
Yeah! The base game is meant to go with this eighty year campaign that follows the player knights from the time of Uther Pendragon to King Arthur's death, which is like eighty years (eighty five with the expansion). Usually it's one/two session(s) equals one year. So characters get old and die. But their children take up their legacy and you play about three generations of the same family. The system is also quite solid, very gradual improvement, fast and tense combat. And a very cool system for tracking a characters morality.

The Ireland supplement is called "pagan shores" and although it was made for an older edition there is still a lot of useful information. Most of it can probably still be used because the system has changed only a little throughout its editions (except the magic though, leave that for npcs).
>>
>>54362807
Anon, you have saved me. This is all I ever needed.
>>
File: MaskNWorm-Samhain-2016-09.jpg (146KB, 639x960px) Image search: [Google]
MaskNWorm-Samhain-2016-09.jpg
146KB, 639x960px
>>54361981
Quick warning, by default iron age combat in GURPS is Deathlok levels of brutal. Swords and axes can cripple or cut off limbs, people can die of blood loss and one good stab can send someone to the next world.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.