[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /tg/ ive only really played D&D 3.5e and im looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_mgt7h1zGCr1r2m86do1_500.png (660KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgt7h1zGCr1r2m86do1_500.png
660KB, 499x750px
Hey /tg/ ive only really played D&D 3.5e and im looking to branch out.

What is a good system for me if I would like to GM an early 2000s, inner-city, punisher-esque, mob vs gang vs cartel vs police style game?

An all-human setting, where firearms are very prevalent. No magic, no hacking, no steampunk, all that jazz.

Bonus points for trait based, as I wanted to try one of those, rather than a class based system.

(accidentally posted this before in another thread, forgive me)
>>
>>54359402
Sounds like Wolrd of Darkness to me, you can find info via /WODg
>>
File: 1486504906477.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1486504906477.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
>>54359402
GURPS is best for modern games. Best rules, best gunplay, best sourcebooks (High-Tech, Mysteries, Cops, Horror, Action), best system.
>>
>>54359741
How good would WoD be if you dont have any of the supernatural stuff?

>>54361387
Hmmm... I hear GURPS for absolutely everything. But what books do I look to for gunplay, vehicles, and all the other cool jazz that comes with a modern crime campaign?

What about a less crunchy system? I hear GURPS is awfully crunchy, and while I THRIVE in crunch, my players get bored.
>>
>>54361544
>But what books do I look to for gunplay, vehicles, and all the other cool jazz that comes with a modern crime campaign?
Basic Set has all of that, but if you want less crunch, use the Action! line. It does a lot of streamlining of rules (read: less crunch) and introduces some great new ones, like the Chase rules, and has templates that players can pick out. Hell, you can make it even faster by using Wildcard Skills, which Action! includes. Chargen is the biggest hurdle of GURPS, IMO. It's really smooth in play.

If you want a less crunchy system that still has teeth, Savage Worlds is something I can recommend. It's pretty fun, pulpy, and plays fast, but I don't really play it anymore since it's just a lesser version of GURPS.
>>
Noir might be what you're looking for?

https://www.amazon.com/Noir-Film-Role-Playing-Game/dp/1889864005
>>
Savage Worlds
>>
>>54361387

that goddamn frog
>>
>>54361761
Second for savage worlds. It's pulpy, gritty, and I feel like the playing cards would add to the immersion, rather than breaking it like in a scifi or fantasy game. Also savage worlds has like two pages of firearms in the Core Book.
>>
>>54361875
With alternative rules that make getting wounded be something you definitely don't want happening. First session of a new game and my right arm(my dominant arm) got busted.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.