[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /tg/, have any of you experienced this before? >Walk into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: number 1 fodder.jpg (300KB, 1181x1181px) Image search: [Google]
number 1 fodder.jpg
300KB, 1181x1181px
So /tg/, have any of you experienced this before?

>Walk into Games Workshop
>Completely new to Warhammer tabletop stuff, but have some familiarity with the lore, know enough about each faction to get jokes etc..
>Even started reading the Horus Heresy books thanks to a friend loaning me them
>Speak with store manager, ask about getting started, point out a couple of different armies I'd like to try out, both in Warhammer Fantasy and 40k
>Get quoted for about £100 just to get started with a small army, some tools, and rulebooks (jesus christ)
>Ask about coming along to a few gaming nights to meet some people, get a feel for the community, and maybe see some of the large scale games in progress, see if it's something I want to start sinking money into
>"If you're in the store, you're taking part in the hobby, either painting and building, or else playing"
>In other words, he has absolutely no faith in his player base to actually sell his game for him
>Thank him for hiss time, make empty promises to come back, leave
>Never return

This has happened in like 5 different stores, across two cities. No attempt to introduce me directly to any of the armies I displayed even moderate interest in, no offer to set up a brief skirmish, or actually let me meet some of the locals. Instead, I'm given an entry price that'd almost pay for a second hand 3DS, and all the charisma and selling power of a fucking dead fish every single time.
>>
>>54358873

Well m8 entry prices are high. No getting around that. Ultimately we spend money on what we enjoy. Funny yoy menation that handheld gaming system, cause you know what that shit's expensive too, specially with the a tual games and shit, and after a few years it's obsolete and it's time to pick up the new hotness. At least with this that doesn't happen.

If you want to meet the community go on a Friday or a Saturday. If the there is a community they will probably be there.

As for giving it a spin, it's not like the shops have every army just lying around y'know? In my experience yoy can get a practice game in, see how it runs, but if you do that your gonna be using the display models from up front, so basically the old dark heresy or new dark imperium sets.
>>
>>54359052
I still have a functional, hacked Sony PSP I use on a regular basis. Just because a handheld becomes outdated doesn't mean it loses all functionality.

I already said that in 5 different stores, each one told me I'm not welcome if I'm not playing or building and painting

and whilst not every army is ready to go, there's _plenty_ on display. Each one has had tables going unused, with units prepped for battle, literally ready for use at any time, with further models for display in the windows.

If someone wants me to invest into an entirely new hobby, they should be trying to _justify_ that price tag. I know what I can get out of a 3DS, or any other gaming platform I go to, such as Steam.
>>
>>54359181

Don't know what kinda stores you were in m8, aint like that where I am. My local owners are nice guys. When I was getting started they were happy to talk things over with me and shoot the shit, lemme watch a few games. Either people where you live are just massive cunts, or you've somehow managed to do something that makes them want to get rid of you. Since I don't know you or where you live I couldn't say which.

Also, those armies you saw may not have belonged to the shop owner. I know guys who leave their models at the shop do they don't have to risk lugging em around, and if the owner just went using other people's shit that'd be no good.

To be quite frank though this sounds like a exaggeration. Assuming you got run out of a shop at all I reckon you probably got run out of one not five. This is either b8, or you were hoping to bitch and have people agree with you. You aren't looking for a solution to your problem, you just want to whine and have somebody pat you on the back or maybe just tell us our hobby is shit. Seems to me you've already made up your mind m8. Go ahead and buy your console and play your vidya while looking down your nose at us if that's what you want. Nothing wrong with that.
>>
only kids hang out at the gw stores, you need to find a laid-back game club
>>
>>54359384
>Assuming you got run out of a shop at all I reckon you probably got run out of one not five. This is either b8, or you were hoping to bitch and have people agree with you.

This

Literally every GW has to have a working intro table and GW managers always fucking offer to let new people play. no way this dude went to 5 stores and couldn't get a test game in

8th ed just dropped, so they are pushing the Dark Imperium heavily (good way to start off, lots of deals/discounts)

No way OP couldn't get a game or find ANYONE willing to chat about the hobby/their armies, and experiencing the same thing at 5 different stores is utter bullshit
>>
Let's not forget that even 8th is a mediocre system and that hams are mostly terrible people
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.