[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 25

File: lrL2FmN.jpg (147KB, 958x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lrL2FmN.jpg
147KB, 958x1200px
Previous thread: >>54334297
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/always-darkest-before-the-era-monday-meeting-notes/
>poll
http://theonyxpath.com/dark-eras-poll/
>Question:
What was your last game about?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54356001
>Make that old woman an Archmage instead.
>Have her display that the True Fae are definitely not insurmountable.
Arguably Archmages are bound by such treaties, that Master would be more useful.
>>
>my current game has a ghost, a ghost hunter, a demonic soul-broker, a werewolf, and a mad scientist
>tfw feeling smug because trying to run this in CofD would literally break the system in half but i play better games now
>>
>>54358069
An individual True Fae might be too much of a mouthful for any single Archmage as well.

I know Archmages are powerful but the Gentry are kind of like gods.
>>
>>54358227
You must be new here
Welcome to the Chronicles of Fagness, friend!

The grass is green and the people greener yet.
Enjoy your stay, newbie.

:^)
>>
File: wod2020.png (1MB, 1205x1204px) Image search: [Google]
wod2020.png
1MB, 1205x1204px
Anyone have pdf of Cyberpunk/VTM crossover?
>>
>>54358291
>seriously thinking it isn't a bait poster
>>
>>54358219
We're running a long term mixed game with my group and nothing seems broken. I even play a mage and it hasn't resulted in violent conflicts or complete lack of mysteries
>>
>>54358322
Holy fuck, learn to google.

http://www.stardust-publications.com/WoFD/
>>
>>54358373
If the mage player isn't jerk, it's ok. But too often he is.
>>
>>54358391
Thanks. I didn't know about this database, it's great.
>>
>>54358431
The real asshole is the werewolf who hates us all but is hated by the local Uratha more so we're his only friends. He is a social leper amongst his people and I feel like we should try to revitalize his image sometime.
>>
>>54358219
Atma are you jacking off urban Shadows again.
>>
>>54358507

yup!
>>
>>54358451
There's also a few other things (like a Scribd link). Google "world of future darkness" PDF and you get a lot of stuff.

There was a SEPARATE WoFD which combined NWoD and OWoD and cyberpunk stuff into a Vampire Hunter D-style mashup, but I cant find it.
>>
>>54358529
Then why are you in a different games general. Hmmmmmmm.
>>
>>54358633

to cause a ruckus
>>
Which fictional characters first come to your mind when you think of the splats in CoD in? Not necessarily the the most powerful or well known.

For example, I think of Harry Dresden and John Constantine when I think of Mage, as they represent opposite ends of the Wisdom spectrum.
>>
File: Do Want.gif (513KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Do Want.gif
513KB, 500x330px
>>54358557
>There was a SEPARATE WoFD which combined NWoD and OWoD and cyberpunk stuff into a Vampire Hunter D-style mashup,
Nigga wot. I need this shit in my life.
>>
>>54358785
>>54358785
When I find it again, I'll post it.
>>
So, when is VtM 4th Edition coming out? What do you expect from it? Do you think it's just an opportunity for money grabbing, or we really need a new edition?
>>
>>54358817
5th Edition, you mean? NuWW considers V20 a proper 4th Edition. It's expected in mid-2018, and we shall see. They are updating everything in expectation of having the backstory there for their true goal with the WoD, a AAA video game and potential Netflix series.
>>
>>54358817

i hate that it's sullied Ken Hite's illustrious name by associating him with Martin "Blood And Souls" Dracula

also the playtest doc had a playable pedophile and a "triggered" joke

i'd complain about it being shit but VtM was already garbage
>>
>>54358905
>VtM was already garbage
Just like your taste by the sounds of it, anon.
>>
>>54358859
>AAA video game
I hope not. I don't think AAA game would do justice or could even be as good as cheapo bug-ridden Bloodlines.
>Netflix series
Even worse. They couldn't even get an audience for it, and if they do, it'll be just another mind numbing "dark and deep" modern TV show filled with violence, intrigue and sex (another rendition of Game of Thrones).
>>
>>54358929

Wraith, Demon, and the Dark Ages line are the only good parts of WoD
>>
File: GehennaAgeVampireRulebook.pdf (970KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GehennaAgeVampireRulebook.pdf
970KB, 1x1px
>>54358785
Aha, found it.
Maybe a little less Cyberpunk than I expected.
>>
Share some of your unusual or even silly character concepts with us.

I, for one, wanted to write a Beast that is like Judge Dredd + Hellboy, and a Changeling who is like the Little Prince + Mr Rogers.
>>
>>54358988
Rather, less cyberpunk than I remembered.
>>
>>54358968
Yeah, but that's WHY THE BOUGHT THE FUCKING IP FROM CCP. That was the MAIN GOAL of the $2 million purchase.
>>
File: Jesus....gif (549KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus....gif
549KB, 300x169px
>>54358973
>Wraith, Edge: The Angsting and Dark Ages.
>Not Vampire or Mage.
wew
>>
Is there any system similar to the Storyteller? Since I started playing VtM I can't go back to D&D, with it's number crunching, "roll to take a dump", "Oh, look, yet another fight!" system.
>>
>>54359048
Unisystem works well, particularly the version in the Angel RPG (Unisystem Cinematic).
Witchcraft RPG (runs Unisystem Classic)
People will suggest all of the Powered by the Apocalypse games, but I kinda hate them.
>>
>>54359193
PbtA is 4 gems in a mountain of shit. I wouldn't recommend that either
>>
>>54358656
I don't think there is any single "most overpowered" Path or Arcana.

All have immense strengths.
>>
>>54358219

Atamajakki just get a Twitter, the social media never ceases there.
>>
>>54358729
I think Harry and John would actually be pretty similar levels of Wisdom, all things considered. Harry hasn't done terribly much that would lose him Wisdom in the CofD, but in his setting he's used tons of magic that would come close to their equivalent of left-handed, like necromancy and demon summoning, breaking oaths, things like that. He's also destroyed a fuckton of shit with vulgar magic. He means well, but high Wisdom he is not. Unless you mean to say that John is high Wisdom. Which I'm fairly sure he isn't.
>>
>>54359048

Aside from the other suggestions, One Roll Engine might be the best system for someone who doesn't want to stray too far from Storyteller, at least in terms of d10 dice pools.
>>
I'm gonna include the Ark of the Covenant as a plot device eventually in the game I'm directing (since the characters will visit Ethiopia). Considering the importance of abrahamic lore in Masquerade, is there any mention of the Ark in oWoD lore?

Actually, if it's mentioned in CoD I can adapt and use it too. If there's not a single mention I guess that Indiana Jones and my own imagination will have to suffice.
>>
>>54358227
I can't tell if you're a deluded Changeling whore or a false-flagging Mage faggot
>>
>>54358219
>he likes playing monster mash
No thanks, not for me. I don't see the appeal. Also, a ghost and a ghost-hunter, really? How do you spin that one?
>>
>>54359413
I meant that Harry is more impulsive (which is usually bad for Wisdom) while John is more cunning (which is usually good for Wisdom). They often switch around, though.
>>
>>54358905
>playable pedophile
People still think this?

Amelina is definitely monstrous, but not a pedophile. She was embraced at 40 and is now pushing 120 - obsessed with youth she'll never regain and feeding from sleeping children to savor their dreams. That information can be found from the scenario itself. Her obsession with her childe, an adult man embraced at 30, is not stressed on her sheet as much as it is in his.

She still doesn't kiddy fiddle. She has killed multiple kids, but her sexual preferences are not related to them.

Anyone who argues otherwise after the clarification from WWP is a reactionary twat and should go back to RPG.net.
>>
>>54359840

The character still sucks either way, no pub intended.
>>
Does Elizabeth Báthory exist in WoD? She'd be a good vampiress.
>>
>>54359001
I want to include Werewolf!Hulk Hogan in a Forsaken game. Not a Werewolf who is like him, but straight up Hulk Hogan suffering the First Change and fighting monsters while cracking jokes.
>>
>>54359840
Nobody cares what you think, pedo apologist.
>>
>>54358968
You do realize they're owned by a game publisher right?
>>
Are the Strix comparable to Idigam and True Fae?
>>
>>54360167
No they're more like Pure but meant to be spooky to the splat.
>>
File: birb.jpg (116KB, 900x726px) Image search: [Google]
birb.jpg
116KB, 900x726px
>>54360178
How are owls spooky?
>>
>>54360202
These are shadow owls that possess corpses. Essentially they're a body snatching threat who specifically hates vampires, and vampires being corpses are open to Strix possession. And because they know about vampires (and hate them) even if they are stealing a mortal corpse before it decays they can cause problems.

They have some cool potential but the book doesn't really use them all that well. A few of the example Strix characters are cool though and with a bit of imagination you can use them as terror birds too!
>>
>>54360202
They can fly (almost) silently, can see you better than you see them, and happily vomit.

If you need to make it supernaturally spooky, exaggerate the above. Make them fast and silent, even when walking. Have them stare at seeming nothing, as though they can observe that which we cannot. And when they return to their nests, have them vomit up a person, still alive and conscious, to be eaten by it's young.

Ever heard of them turning their heads 160 degrees? If it dies, have the owl's body twist endlessly and unnaturally in in torturous rigor mortis!.
>>
>>54359257

Off the top of my head, Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, Urban Shadows, The Sprawl, Night Witches, Monster of the Week, Blades in the Dark, and Maskd are all good, while a friend swears by Legacy, and both SCUP and Bluebeard's Bride look promising.
>>
>>54359900
The Erzsébet of requiem are the closest thing, they’re a Daeva bloodline that ages normally (they don't die of old age, but their bodies just keep on ageing until they go into Torpor)
>>
>>54360366
fag
>>
>>54360377
Double(s) fag
>>
>>54360202
The Stryx are pretty cool. In the theme of 2nd edition where every splat has a worse creature that is similar to the splat characters, the Stryx are shadow birds that feed on blood & possess any corpse. Vampires, being corpses themselves are terrified by this, especially since the Stryx can borrow memories. This makes them terrible enemies that can hide in the population, using the vampires own normal paranoia work against them, like the movie The Thing. The only sign of a Stryx possession is an occasional yellow flash of the eyes.

I really like them & borrowed one for a Hunter game of mine
>>
Get a Moros to exercise that spoopy owl out of your friend!
>>
>>54358905
>>54358929
>i'd complain about it being shit but VtM was already garbage

V:tM was so much "garbage," as just very, very dated. It was groundbreaking in many ways and certainly fun for a time. However, particularly as the WOD grew, the weaknesses in the mechanics became obvious, the metaplot bloated and unwieldy, and most importantly, V:tM became a virtual caricature of the 1990's.

It was a design choice in V20 to just institut small tweaks and streamline the game. It never played completed on nostalgia, and wasn't really intended as a true new edition.

In V5, most expected nuWW (it's not an OPP project) to keep the essence of V:tm, but truly update for contemporary rpg audiences and fix what was broken. Instead, it appears that nuWW wants to double-down on everything wrong with the old editions. It wants to be so "edgy" that I expect to ultimately see more angst, katanas, trench coats and mirrorshades than Shadowrun 1e.
>>
File: Kindred-The-Embraced.jpg (31KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kindred-The-Embraced.jpg
31KB, 650x500px
>>54358859
>>54358968
>Netflix series

>If we're lucky, and WW is even luckier, any Vampire television show will be a comedy based off of Kindred: The Embraced.

>It's so 1990's, it burns...
>>
>>54360394
What are Mage and Demon's nastier splats?
>>
>>54359405
>Atamajakki just get a Twitter, the social media never ceases there.

These new-fangled interwebs are just amazing.

>Get off my lawn
>Get a haircut
>Turn down that rock music
>>
>>54360451
>Get a Moros to exercise that spoopy owl out of your friend!

And his Obrimos buddy to destroy with sunlight and fire.
>>
>>54360451
Exorcise and shape shadow to make them goofy shapes. Birds of Dis no more, instead you get the Mr. Potato Head of Dis, the floppy dick of Dis, and the wide eyed puppy of Dis
>>
>>54360570
Mages-Seekers/Abyss
Demons-Angels
Changling-Huntsman
Werewolf-Idigam
Vampire-Stryx
Hunter-Slasher
Not sure about minor splits like Prometheans or Giests. I haven't read them
>>
>>54360743
Changelings also have the Gentry
>>
>>54360743
You could argue the Centimanni are the nastier Prometheans.
>>
>>54360782
So do the communists. Russian Revolution Changeling chronicle when
>>
>>54360874
Dark Eras 3?
>>
>>54358227
If the Gentry were gods you wouldn't be able to kill one with an antique fire-poker.

An Archmage could turn a Gentry into an antique fire-poker.
>>
How does fetish making work in Awakening? Do you make a deal with a spirit? Do you capture it and force it? If you make a fetish out of an intelligent spirit, is it a kind of familiar? To keep it happy do you just have to feed it essence?
>>
>>54361040
We have Russian Revolution Demon, but I'm sure every other splat was involved in that era. I wonder what being a vampire was like as the entire social order collapsed into war.

I bet the Carthians had a fucking field day, that actually sounds like a really fun chronicle idea. You're a coterie in St. Petersberg or Moscow in the waning days of the Czars and through the revolution.
>>
>>54361195
Step 1: Reach Adepthood in Spirit
Step 2: Find a hibernating Spirit
Step 3: Find the thing you want to make into a Fetish
Step 4: Cast the Craft Fetish spell, with the duration and Potency you want

It's Withstood by Rank, and you need one point of Potency in excess of that for each level of Influence, and each Numina of the Spirit it's holding, that you want to access.
It has the Spirit's Essence pool, and can recharge Essence from Resonant locations just like the spirit can.

However if it's Essence ever reaches it's Corpus, the Spirit exits hibernation up, and the Fetish breaks. Also if you trigger the Ban, or the Fetish is hit by the Bane, then it also breaks.

So basically, you trap a hibernating Spirit in an item, and get to use it's powers.
>>
File: Free Council Order Art.jpg (158KB, 387x926px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Order Art.jpg
158KB, 387x926px
>>54361195
>How does fetish making work in Awakening?

Ask these guys.
>>
>>54360127
You care enough to comment, which warms my heart. Maybe learn basic reading comprehension instead of losing your shit in histrionic fits powered by emotional knee-jerk reactions.
>>
>>54361287
>>54360874
>The Revolution brought slaughter to the changelings of Moscow. The Courts there had heretofore mimicked the Tsarist system; one changeling in the Court was a monarch-like leader, protected and served by a small motely of bogatyrs. When the Revolution came, new motleys arrived from other cities, proclaiming that the “Lost Tsar” was a loyalist, and that the bogatyrs were nothing but Huntsmen in disguise. Changelings from outside Moscow aren’t sure how this fight ended, and many are afraid to enter the city and find out.

Turns out shit sucked for Changelings this era.
>>
File: 1493067149226.jpg (105KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1493067149226.jpg
105KB, 752x1063px
Are there any good adventure books/modules/ whatever they are called I can use to introduce my payers to Hunter? Like their first supernatural encounter???
>>
File: Craft Fetish.jpg (175KB, 717x555px) Image search: [Google]
Craft Fetish.jpg
175KB, 717x555px
>>54361195

Craft Fetish - Spirit 4
>>
>>54361424
Whatever you say, kid diddler.
>>
>>54361424
>>54361752
You are both completely autistic.
>>
>>54360366
Wait, so they just turn into vaguely human shaped raisins as they age? I don't see the appeal.
>>
>>54361475
supernatural seasons 1-3
>>
>>54361809
but what if some of my players have watched supernatural? and I haven't?
>>
>>54361800
Don't know the bloodline myself, so this is supposition, but if they go back to their Embrace state after torpor they could get out of the whole why don't you agree questioning that can catch up other vamps. Then they go into torpor and come out looking like someone nobody recognizes.
>>
>>54361854
then watch supernatural, it's on netflix
>>
>>54361878
Season 1 and 2 have 22eps each, plus 16 eps on Season 3. That's a total of 2640 minutes for every 44 minute episode, don't have that time + it doesn't help the fact that one of my players loves the series and will catch me taking shit from it.
>>
>>54361859
Looking it up, they do indeed return to the form they had after Torpor. If a vampire plays the long con right, they could be real cozy in a small town that would usually ask why the local heiress looks exactly the same for years on end.
>>
>>54361938
you're not taking shti from it, you're getting hunter inspiration from it becuase the first three seasons are LITERALLY hunter in TV show format.

don't be a bitch
>>
>>54361994
ok ):
>>
>>54361942
>If a vampire plays the long con right, they could be real cozy in a small town that would usually ask why the local heiress looks exactly the same for years on end.
I always feel like this kind of stuff is neat to think about. Different perspectives, that is. As players/consumers, we have the privilege of an insider's perspective. We know the ins and outs of all this supernatural stuff, how every splat works, their powers, their structures, all of it. Meanwhile, if you put yourself in the shoes of somebody in the setting, like a regular human or even a member of one splat dealing with another, and just go off what they see, it makes stuff a lot more supernatural and spooky, if not outright horrific.
>>
>>54362042
I didn't mean to be mean I just think you'd really like it

watch the first two episodes tonight, I know you ahve time for that because you're on 4chan
>>
>>54362059
I will!
>>
Have you ever done romance in your games? How did it work out?
>>
>>54363380
Not super well! My character got shot down hard, but it was something I knew OOC going in. A lot of what he likes as a person was represented in another PC, so we managed to turn bottling that up into a whole thing for a while before he finally admitted things at the worst possible moment and got essentially an 'ewww gross'.

OOC it was actually a lot of fun, IC he's not doing so hot since mismanagement of personal emotional states is always something of a hallmark
>>
File: NosferatuYesferatu.jpg (94KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
NosferatuYesferatu.jpg
94KB, 1280x834px
Anyone have a PDF of that old Nosferatu comic?
>>
>>54360502
>V:tM became a virtual caricature of the 1990's.
>became a virtual caricature of the 1990's
>a virtual caricature of the 1990's

So... you just described Swede Dracula to a "T."

None of that is getting fixed. The horrifying truth is, the game is being rebuild with just a few gimmicky, buzzwordy new mechanics, to give it some nice marketing keywords, for the end goal of putting it on store shelves. But while those little things are being done, the writers are all virtually without editorial oversite, and free to just spew their liberal arts freshman and sophomore year indoctrination social justice garbage to their hearts content.

It's a fucking disaster.
>>
>>54358988

Whoever made this clearly had a vampire superiority complex.
>>
So during Gehenna / End Times, where were all the other supernaturals?

Did they all just suddenly not exist?
>>
>>54360502
This is what the 90's were, and what the 20's can be! We can reclaim the glories of the past!!! FOREVER!
>>
>>54363922
They were off dealing with their own apocalypses.
>>
>>54363939
Impossible. The intensity if each scenario would have drawn notice from all factions.

Every. Single. One.
>>
>>54363922
They were written in the "we're the only ones to exist" perspective, as was most everything else in old WoD.

For such a prevalent metaplot, White Wolf writers likes to ignore their peers.
>>
>>54360502
V5 isn't self aware enough to keep the essence of V:tM. V:tM is like the RPG version of an 80s Stallone action movie.
You have to embrace it's 90s retardation, it's half the settings charm, just like Shadowrun was better when they embraced it's 80s retardation.
V5 so far seems like it's being 100% serious about it's edge and tumblr bullshit.
>>
>>54363939
If that had been the case, the Antediluvians would have turned their attention to the Unnamed.

That wizard was more threatening than even Caine, or Lilith.
>>
>>54363998
Isn't Lilith a prehistoric Verbenite?

Maybe she could challenge Mr. Ass-Wad
>>
>>54364048
Is this Unnamed guy even explained anywhere outside of end tiem scenario that he pops up in?
>>
>>54363735
No, but I do have a music video with one in it.
>>
>>54364371
Fuck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTkfK2g4pKI
>>
>>54359520
Not that I know of
>>
>>54364363
Yes, he popped up occasionally.
>>
So does anyone anyone have final version of Promethean 2e? I was just reading the old preview version and it was really terrible, one error beside other. So I was wondering if they at least managed to fix it or if it's usual OnyxPath "quality".
>>
>>54358227
Pffft. Archmages are fucking pussies. At least in OWoD they could point at Paradox as a reason not to shatter reality. Chrod (Crud?) all they have is a bullshit "gentlemen's agreement".

>Who me? Yep, all the power in the universe. I am Neo, bitch.

>Prove it, then.

>Shan't.
>>
>>54364677
Enforced by the tyranical Gods who oversee reality and will soul-fuck you inside out if you stir shit.
>>
>>54358219
Good for you. All the more power to you, and fuck anyone who criticises you. You understand that it's YOUR game, it BELONGS to YOU and the OTHER PLAYERS. Without us, White Wolf books would be gathering dust next to old copies of TORG.
>>
>>54364677
A Mexican standoff with end of the world powers isn't quite a "gentlemen's agreement" anon.
>>
>>54359677
This. Supernatural group therapy just isn't my shtick.

>John the Ghost chills with Seth the Vampire. Peter the Werewolf chills with the Crew. He is better friends with Mike the Mage though.

Just not how I roll. I think its a trend inspired from cheap urban fantasy novels and tv shows.
>>
>>54358729
I have to say, the old world stuff was based largely on recognisable pieces of gothic literature. New world stuff reminds me more of anime.
>>
>>54364677
That's the entire point of their Template, dumb nuts.
They have the potential to do whatever they damn well please, but they are rarely going to do it.

Not unless it supports their cosmic obsessions.
>"I could titty slap the True Fae whore who outdrank my wife last Thursday, and her countless other cunt Gentry friends."
>"Will you?"
>"No, I have other more important matters to attend to. It wouldn't be worth tracking down the Quintessence necessary for such petty drivel. Not that my peets wouldn't let me get away with it."
>>
>>54358729
Mage - Dresden , Constantine, Geser/ Zabulon(Watch series)
Vampire - Crime/assasin community from John Wick as a colective character. Quinn(and othe barons) from into the badlands series
>>
I don't think the True Fae are supposed to be as easy as you magefags make them out to be.
>>
>>54364847
Of course they aren't. They are just the next big thing because Luna became boring.

Sure in our world a strong mage could win against a True Fae. In Arcadia though the Fae would stomp you.
>>
>>54364847
They're not, but Magefags are borderline retarded and have no idea how their own game works.
Could a Gnosis / Arcana 8+ Archmage beat one of the True Fae? Probably. Could shit backfire for them and the Fae completely destroy them? Yes.
>>
>>54364872
An Archmage with prep could take a True Fae on within the bounds of the Wyrd. Nothing less.

>>54364884
It's not that they're retarded. It's that they continue to flaunt theoretical notions.
>>
>>54364847
Not to them. Anything is weaker than mages to them. They even bragged the could turn themselves into true Fae
>>
>>54364872
Wonder why magefags never talk about takeing on Prince of 100 000 leaves.
>>
>>54358973
>>54359045

@twitter_refugee_cunt - It's almost as if personal taste plays into people's preferences.... #stoplikingwhatidon'tlike #stopit #stopitrightnow
>>
>>54359001
A Progenitor Lab Assistant from London's East End who was previously a bartender, hired for his steady hands and ability to follow the fucking recipe instead of improvising.
>>
>>54364945
>They even bragged the could turn themselves into true Fae

While I'm not sure if an Archmage can graft 6+ capabilities to himself, it is precisely how Entities functions.
>>
>>54364954
Because that wouldn't piss off other splats famalam.

Magefags are always keen on x-overs so that their powerwank works.

You can't believe the butthurt about me only having hedge mages in myWoD.

Oh and the Prince would be interesting for a change...
>>
>>54364954
>Prince of 100,000 Leaves
That's a living timeline. It's taking on a separate *eviler* CofD.

Picture good Luna fighting evil Luna.
>>
>>54364954
Well for starters, I don't think the Prince is statted.
>>
>>54364954
Trying to fight the Prince of 100,00 leaves is like trying to fight the World of Darkness as a whole.

It's pointless. The things that lay within the Abyss are too unfathomable to take on directly.
The Supernal being the same.
>>
>>54364999

The Prince would literally be impossible to stat.
>>
File: Bondrewd.jpg (126KB, 1034x825px) Image search: [Google]
Bondrewd.jpg
126KB, 1034x825px
>>54364993
Mages work better in crossovers if they are entirely hedge mages or some other sort of replacement mages, this is unarguable. Same with using mages as npc's or antagonists in other splats, you should either use what your book tells you or make it on the fly, dont open a mage book and try to craft one up.
>>
>>54365006
>The Supernal being the same
Imagine trying to punch the concept of punches
The very idea of balling your fist and lurching it at someone's face

You can't
>>
>>54365023
I use hedge magicians maccaroni fameroni. But some magefags here were butthurt because "my" mages aren't very combat strong and operate more like hunters (and because i used the term mage...).
>>
>>54365054
I'd argue that a hedgemage is closer to what a mage is generally depicted as compared to Wod mages as a whole
>>
>>54365094
Jup. I just think a hedge mage better fits the topoi of a mage.
>>
>>54365006
>>54365041
>Magefags get an enemy on the scale of their powerwanking claims
>Immediately run with their tails between their legs.
Fucking beautiful.
And we do have an official rank on it. http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/9407-hunting-down-100-000-leaves?p=11974#post11974
>>
>>54365129

>thinks ranks equate to statistics
>assumes magefags are even bothered
>>
>>54364900
>magefags are complete trash
if you say so
>>
>>54365177
>magefags
>trash

I don't disagree. They're trash with the knowledge to support it.
>>
>>54364774
>mages are pussies
what's with all the mage hate tonight?
>>
>>54365189
>tonight

If you haven't noticed most non magefags hate magefags for a while because they constantly make the general shitty.

No one hates mage as a splat though. Some people just don't like/use it personally.
>>
>>54365189
Archmages aren't pussies. They just won't waste their magic on shallow things.
>>
>>54365213
>mages are bitches
fuck you m8. allowing even one slight is too much. These fae whores need there tight assholes violated
>>
>>54359840
>child molester? she is a child MURDERER, thank you very much

Jesus christ, quit debate class now, kid.
>>
>>54365054
I tend to use mages but only with rotes as they are described in the book. So every mage npc has list of spells he can use.(this is in large part due to me being lazy and prefering to have npc stats pre prepered so I don't have to keep track of too many things in game)
>>
>>54365285
Lazy
>>
>>54365301
Well yeah and?
>>
>>54361165
>If the Gentry were gods you wouldn't be able to kill one with an antique fire-poker.

Fuck off, Christ Fag. Celtic Gods can and were killed regularly. All the Norse Gods are mortal and will one day die, when the Wolfmother is loosen'd and Fenris swallows the sun. Osiris was killed by Set in the Egyptian pantheon, and only Isis's magick could revive him.

Only you bible-thumpers are arrogant enough to think your deity is "immortal".
>>
>>54365303
You're lazy
>>
>>54361415
I don't know if they can help me, I wanted to ask about an "impregnation fetish"....
>>
>>54361475
80's cinema, bro. Fright Night, Monster Squad, Salem's Lot....
>>
>>54363380
Loved ones in a World of Darkness game have about the same life expectancy as a happy couple in a Joss Whedon show. They can start out offering a safe haven, but all too soon either the enemy of the splat will get them or the players themselves will (botched frenzy roll, botched Virtue roll, Catharsis, Paradox backlash, etc.)
>>
>>54365351
Or they quickly turn into deadweight that endagers the character.

You know romance worked when both of sou were alive. Now with you as a Vampire its just a mess. So you Ghoul her. Problem is that she isn't really a stable one...
So a few days later your bodyguard Ghoul is decapitated and she swears he was going to backstab you and she is the only one you can trust...
>>
>>54363910
>But while those little things are being done, the writers are all virtually without editorial oversite, and free to just spew their liberal arts freshman and sophomore year indoctrination social justice garbage to their hearts content.

Holy fucking shit, you right wing dickheads whine like a hen's night being told the bar is closing.

Did you not see the announcement that White Wolf plan to encourage us, the consumers, to write small modules and sell them through a mutant hybrid cross breed of drivethrurpg and an App Store?

Why don't YOU write a module that presents a balanced, fair and reasonable argument for consideration of YOUR personal politics? Unforeseen consequences of culture clash and invisible threats caused by migration? Identity politics dominating political discourse at the cost of environmental and social issues? Affirmitive action and positive discrimination's hidden cost towards invisible members of the "perceived majority"?

OH BUT WAIT THEN YOU COULDN'T SPAM THE WORDS "BETA KEK FAG" ON A CHAN AND PRETEND YOU'RE IMPOTENT AND HELPLESS, WOE, WOE TO THE HOUSE OF LAERTES
>>
File: Yablewit.png (218KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
Yablewit.png
218KB, 500x374px
>>54365407
>People are tired of cringy and retarded politics being forced into a game by incompetent writers.
>Anons thinks the best idea is to shove more out of place politics into a game about being vampires and wizards.
>>
>>54365407
Jeez louis. Not even him but:

>OPP
>sidebars

>nuWW
>muh 1% Camrillia, occupy wallstreet Anarchs

You have to be pretty deep down the rabbit hole to see that politics are being shoved into WoD and CofD products.
>>
>>54365423
*to not see
>>
>10000prince
fuck that fan made piece of shit. hey mind freaker we put a shithole reality inside your shithole reality. Is your ind exploded yet?
>>
>>54364774
>That's the entire point of their Template, dumb nuts.

That seems like an easy game. Start with all the power in the world, do nothing because despite being "all-powerful" they shit their shreddies over all the other "gods". That was fun. Who's for Vampire?
>>
>>54365435
>Who's for Vampire?

Eh I'm about to wrap up mu current campaign in next 4-5 games. Wonder what should I do next
>>
>>54365435
Can vampires buttfuck reality and make waifus out of concepts?

No? They can't? What kind of shit game is that?
>>
>>54365466
>waifu
>other games are shit
>>
>>54365466
animefag
>>
File: eat sleep rape repeat.jpg (45KB, 570x704px) Image search: [Google]
eat sleep rape repeat.jpg
45KB, 570x704px
>>54365422
It's a reflection of our own world, you miserable bald tit. If it's all reflected "as though from a mirror darkly" then of course it's going to involve politics. So sorry a contemporary game touched on contemporary issues in a way that triggers you, snowflake. Take your crayons to your safe space and fuck right off.

I suggested a balanced approach. What have you suggested as a solution? Avoiding all politics in games that ostensibly, at a bare minimum, involve factional divisions and *gasp* supernatural politics. Fucking genius. Give this cunt a nobel prize, preferably to the face.
>>
>>54365513

Magefags=Weebufags
>>
>>54365423
>>54365428

Are you suffering an acquired brain injury? I didn't say that the politics of the left hadn't been roughly inserted into OPP and nuWW products, I suggested he write about his own politics in a balanced way to offer a differing opinion instead of whining like a little bitch.

Or do you guys only like talking politics with people who agree with you instinctively? Because if that's the case, you guys are just a red version of tumblr .
>>
>>54365466
>Can vampires buttfuck reality and make waifus out of concepts?

No, because they don't have the power to; but as we've already stated, neither can Archmages, because they're scared little girls, even they they "could".

So who's the real little bitch here? The vampire who would if they could, or the Archmage who can't so they shan't?
>>
>All I see is a bunch of buster fool Archmages, too cowardly to even smoke crack
> -- Prince Viper of Los Angeles
>>
>>54365567
>"c'mon. nuke the moon. do it."
>"I won't! the pax will have my ass on a platter."
>"what are you? chicken? bawk bawk bawk"
>"I'LL DO WHAT I WANT"
>archmage nukes Luna
>gets promptly erased

Good way to beat Archmages
>>
>>54365584
Actually reminds me of a novel called "Dark Angel" - a detective defeats a fallen angel, the Demon of Lies, by offering it his wife, "just so long as he really wants her. You do want her, right?" -- the Demon's lust for souls compels it to be truthful, and it kind of explodes with the spiritual contradiction.
>>
>>54365544

>safespace
>snowflake

Dude. Don't try using alt-right buzzwords in a hip left wing way "because you have to win the mene war".

He is advocating against "safespace" sidebars so you come across as really retarded.

>muh factional divides and supernatural politics

Yeah make it about supernatural stuff then. Werewolfs surely have other stuff than male pregnancies on their mind. Don't pretend thats Not forcing retarded Gender shit into the game where it doesn't fit.

>>54365558

>forcefully inserting politics makes game shittier
>maybe just cool it with the politics

>NOOO JUST INSERT YOUR POLITICS
>WHAT YOU DON'T WANT TO TURN YOUR GAME INTO A POLITICAL BATTLEFIELD?
>FAGGOT YOU ARE JUST LIKE TUMBLR XDDD

Once you reach a certain age and certain duties in your live you won't have the energy to insert politics into everytving. Also you realize that these endless non-debates are senseless.

Until then believe me when i say (despite being a highly political person) you don't have to turn everything into a political dickfight. Especially make believe games about vampires and mages for you and your fellow autists.
>>
>>54365579
High level. Had a good laugh thanks my mane.
>>
>>54365579
Careful. Archmages don't need Imperial Magic to decimate multiple Princes and their petty little kingdoms.
>>
>>54365653

>Yet they still don't smoke crack and jack off in their socks.
>>
>>54365657
Right, because they have plenty of things considered 100x better than that.
>>
>>54365663
>>
File: MYass.jpg (53KB, 852x464px) Image search: [Google]
MYass.jpg
53KB, 852x464px
>>54365618
>Dude. Don't try using alt-right buzzwords in a hip left wing way "because you have to win the mene war".

I'm sorry you see it that way, cunt. I was just using words he can understand - given that alt-righters chant those terms like a Catholic doing the rosary, I was just trying to get on his level, you dig?

Also, "left wing"? I'm a centrist, you fucking ball-sack, and don't you forget it.

>He is advocating against "safespace" sidebars so you come across as really retarded.

Again, I'm arguing for balance. Your reading comprehension is worse than the retarded people you mock. Why the self-loathing, cunt?

>>muh factional divides and supernatural politics
>Yeah make it about supernatural stuff then. Werewolfs surely have other stuff than male pregnancies on their mind. Don't pretend thats Not forcing retarded Gender shit into the game where it doesn't fit.

It's almost as if it fits someone's definition of personal / body horror, isn't it? Almost as if that's the reason why Cain in Alien was a male character despite all the characters in the script never being assigned an explicit gender... but look at me, I'm trying to explain subtlety to a stupid cunt who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is part of a massive left-wing conspiracy. Whatever you say, Senator McCarthy. Cunt.
>>
>>54365618
>Especially make believe games about vampires and mages for you and your fellow autists.

Maybe you should, I don't know, NOT lurk in threads about games that offend you to your fragile, brittle core?
>>
>>54365653
Oh no, what's this, me not using your splat in my Requiem game, call the cops, etc.

Buster.
>>
>>54365663
There is nothing better than crack, foo.

Even more unacceptable when you consider they are in a position to smoke the supernal concept of crack itself....
>>
>>54365732

>Centrist
>hahaha you alt-right cunt

Jesus beesus. You are buttblasted my friend. Well being part of a meme ideology does that. Or are you a retarded cunt and meant to say moderate?

>werewolf male pregnancy Sidebar

If you would have read the sidebar in question you would know its the opposite of Body Horror. Its about gender confused people wanting to play a male that can become pregnant. But nice try fag:*

>muh don't lurk if you are offended easily

I am really not offended. Especially not by a rabid "Centrist".

The point you still haven't adressed (except for your misguided body horror bit) is that the political stuff makes the game worse.
>>
>>54365743

>Call the Cops

Exactly what a mage would do. Because he is not hood enough to settle a score himself like a real baller.

Meanwhile Vamps are pimping hoes, smoking crack and being grade a g's in general.
>>
>>54365786
>>werewolf male pregnancy Sidebar
>If you would have read the sidebar in question you would know its the opposite of Body Horror. Its about gender confused people wanting to play a male that can become pregnant. But nice try fag:*

I have a stupid question, but how would an Inter-Splat pregnancy be handled?

That is to say, a pregnancy where both parents are from different gamelines for whatever reason.

I know there are rules for Dhampyr, Stigmatics, whatever those kids born from a Fetch are and Half-Prometheans.

But how do they overlap?
>>
>>54365830
Are dhampyr even a thing in requiem? I must have missed the rules
>>
>>54365786
>Jesus beesus. You are buttblasted my friend.

Am I? I don't spend my time whining to my dickhead mates about sidebars that don't affect me in the slightest, so, there's that.

> Well being part of a meme ideology does that. Or are you a retarded cunt and meant to say moderate?

Gee, it's almost as if people outside Murrika use this website, with different political ideologies. Impossible, your ignorant brain exclaims, there is nothing outside the country! #gormanghast

>>werewolf male pregnancy Sidebar
>If you would have read the sidebar in question you would know its the opposite of Body Horror. Its about gender confused people wanting to play a male that can become pregnant. But nice try fag:*

If I go back through archived threads, can I kick you directly in the menstruating cunt every time someone describes the books as a "toolkit" and they can be used however the person chooses? Because if that statement is true, you are LITERALLY crying about the way someone else chooses to use the toolkit. Bitch, dry your eyes.

>I am really not offended. Especially not by a rabid "Centrist".

Lot of insults for a "not offended" person, cunt. I'm Australian, this is how we talk.

>The point you still haven't adressed (except for your misguided body horror bit) is that the political stuff makes the game worse.

Oh, "in your humble opinion", you mean? A game about the contemporary world isn't allowed to touch, in any way, contemporary politics and issues, because it makes you cry? A game that has, since the 1st edition of Vampire the Masquerade, stated that the affairs and politics of the modern world were crafted and directed by ancient conspiracies, isn't allowed to comment about what those conspiracies are doing in the face of the current day?

Just fuck off and play LUDO, you'll never have to hide your tears on 4chan ever again. Or is that too political because the green and blue pieces might beat your red ones back to the home square?
>>
>>54365799
Indeed. Mages are buster fools, likely to turn state just to save their worthless asses. For surely, what is it to serve the Imperial Mysteries, if not to turn state?
>>
>>54365896
They're from a 1e supplement that is getting an update.
>>
>>54365896
they will be introduced in Half-Damned (likely, even males will be able to birth them, since they also can get menses)
>>
>>54365910
>I'm Australian, this is how we talk.

Strange, none of the ones I've met tended to speak like whingey little twats. Are you sure it's not just you, lad?.
>>
>>54366000
I admit I would not mind vampire being able to "give birth" to another vampiric or semi-vampiric creature out of its own flesh.

I did slap together protean/dominate devotion that allowed vampire to create Cymothea Sanguina, then make it infest humans and control them through it.

Obviously dhampyrs are nothing like that but you get my drift.
>>
>>54366035
Maybe it's company you keep? Like attracts like, after all. Perhaps you simply have friends that aren't worth a bucket of camel spit.

Also,
>suggesting poltical balance is being a whingey little twat

LOL, okay snowflake, whatever you say. Back to your echo chamber, where you can wrap yourself in cotton wool and pretend Trans people aren't real. You sure showed me, cunt. :D ooh, the "wounds", they hurt so bad... if only a random shitposter hadn't called me a "twat"... how did they know it was my only weakness?

Don't let me keep you, I'm sure Breitbart has an article about how female contraception is responsible for the hundred years war that you're just DYING to read.

This is all satire, by the way. I'm so convinced you're a fucking faggot I'm considering asking you if you'd suck my dick for fifty bucks.
>>
>>54365910

>muh outside america

Ich bin kein Ami mein Lieber. Ist mir schleierhaft wie du darauf kommst aber gut.

>wildly making assumptions about my political orientation or Nationalist
>both dead wrong

>muh australian
>we talk like that
>plz don't insult me

Talk normal. We aren't your braindead friends.

>muh toolkit

You haven't read one of the sidebars in question have you?

The people are annoyed because its smug shit like:

>If you don't have a Problem with violence but with pregnant males you might be mentally ill.

>muh play LUDO

You are a big boy for discussing politics in roleplaying games.

I suggest you stop calling everyone disagreeing alt-right. Really makes the Centrist shtick unbelievable.
>>
>>54366102
*about my political orientation or nationality...
>>
>>54366102

>really makes the Centrist shtick unbelievable

No, that's certainly how the new Radical Centrists act, which is a thing now.
>>
>>54366143
Radical Centrist? Wat?
>>
>>54366143
R A D I C A L C E N T R I S M
A
D
I
C
A
L

C
E
N
T
R
I
S
M
>>
>>54365920

>You are a mage.
>Limitless power is within your reach.
>Reality bends before your will.

>Your neighbour Chad wakes you up in the middle of the night with a Party again.
>You call the Police.

>Because you are a Coward
coward.

>Mage: The /r9k/ing
>available at your LGS
>>
>>54366143
>>54366157
>>54366158
American politics are surely wierd
>>
>>54366180
Is Chad a vampire?
>>
>>54366208

>Is Chad a Vampire.
>a Vampire

Chad is THE Vampire.
>>
>>54366157
hillary clinton losing broke some people's brains hard
>>
>>54365910
Not him, but going through another person's post line by line definitely reeks of being more than a bit butthurt about something you claim to be unoffended by. And yeah, I get colloquial usage of terms like cunt, but you do get the irony of telling him he's using a lot of insults and calling him a cunt in the same breath, yeah?

Anyhow, the point in general isn't that politics shouldn't be in your game, we're all going to inject our personal politics at various times, it's that using wordcount on one set of politics isn't fixed by giving an equal voice to the opposing view, it just shouldn't happen. Wordcount should be used to either better explain some of their more opaque mechanics or just give more game.
>>
>>54366213
Got exiled to New Jersey when he called Prince
>Brah
>>
>>54366102
Yeah? well, "mein hoden ist lang und lochig", you kraut bastard.

>Talk normal. We aren't your braindead friends.

Bullshit, You're on 4chan. Posting here is the definition of pathological brain damage. You belong here with me.

>The people are annoyed because its smug shit like:
>>If you don't have a Problem with violence but with pregnant males you might be mentally ill.

But isn't that true, Nazi boy?

>You are a big boy for discussing politics in roleplaying games.

As opposed to mindlessly complaining about them? Thank you, it's good to get validation from the grandson of a book-burner.

>I suggest you stop calling everyone disagreeing alt-right. Really makes the Centrist shtick unbelievable.

Oh, so assuming everyone chiming in with the crowd on an alt-right echo chamber is part of the alt-right is fallacious? Tell me again how a sidebar impinges on your personal liberties, please.
>>
>>54366228
>Not him,

Oh, okay *lowers bayonet*

> but going through another person's post line by line definitely reeks of being more than a bit butthurt about something you claim to be unoffended by.

So you don't want me to consider each element of a person's argument? I can grab a single line and fly off on a tangent like Kellyanne Conway, if you'd prefer, mate.

> And yeah, I get colloquial usage of terms like cunt, but you do get the irony of telling him he's using a lot of insults and calling him a cunt in the same breath, yeah?

No.

Seriously. No.

Really, no.

Calling someone a "cunt" in Oz is friendly. Calling someone "mate", in a specific tone, is a warning. "Mad cunt" is a compliment - "sad cunt" is not.

Regarding your argument about politics - devoid of all insults for a second, I think you're being unrealistic. We're talking about a game set in a dark reflection of our own world, not an idealised version of it. Discussing these issues allows us to reflect on them as well as personal morality - and quite frankly, if you think WoD in both incarnations isn't about personal morality you haven't been paying attention.

Jesus, a paragraph without swearing. I feel fucking dirty now.
>>
This is getting interesting
>>
>>54366242

>muh Nazi

Google translate took you long enough son.

>Nazi Boy

Wew.

>Isn't that true?

Thats not even the point.

>alt-right echo chamber
>every board is /pol/
>everyone politically right of me is alt-right

>personal liberties

Its my personal right to complain about a toxic trend in game development. The people starting that trend aren't hot on personal liberties and equate other oppinions with mental illness.

But because you are totally /not a rabbid leftwinger/ you try to spin it the other way.
>>
>>54366231

>You have to keep the Masqe...
>I have to keep this P A R T Y going brah.
>>
I hate to burst in during this argument but is there an updated pastebin link? Thank you in advance~
>>
>>54366286
Spin? The guy pretending a SIDEBAR is the most offensive act since Martin Luther printing the bible in German (uh-huh, cultural reference, just for you, me old cunt) is accusing ME of spin? The guy suggesting that a fucking SIDEBAR which proposes considering other points of view is an act of people "not hot on personal liberties"?

Satire, thy name is Kraut.

I get that you're sore about starting two world wars and getting your cunt handed to you, but do you really have to project that onto a fucking dice game?

Also, I'd like to point out a left-winger wouldn't insult you so much about being German.
>>
>>54366231
>my lord, you must lay low from the Anarch rebellion... perhaps, you should consider staying at the considerable estate of your Aunty and Uncle in Bel Air?
>>
File: 1338165818943.jpg (648KB, 1496x1868px) Image search: [Google]
1338165818943.jpg
648KB, 1496x1868px
>>54366286
>>Isn't that true?
>Thats not even the point.

So, "yes", in other words. Good we cleared that up.
>>
>>54357743

>What was your last game about?

Basically Hell on Earth from ToJ, except the Nephandi lost really bad before they could get to earth and the setting continued as usual. In game this allowed me an in universe excuse to try out "cosmological alterations" like a Fate/Death split (or Entropy/Luck).
>>
>>54366332
I thought Chad is a Guido Vampire
>Every night puts on hair gel and fake spray tan

but this also works
>>
>>54357743
>What was your last game about?

I know it's classic soap opera, but when you have players starting a splat they know nothing about, the old "amnesia" routine covers for a multitude of sins.
>>
What the fuck happened while I was asleep?
>>
>>54366370
All I know, is that "the Chad is Great"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnVMzmbvtfI
>>
>>54366391
gay stuff
>>
>>54366326

>a leftist wouldn't insult you so much for being german

>Bomber Harris do it again.
>Prominent left wing group here literally called anti-germans..

To end my little "sidebar" (kek) it might be different in Straya but in Europe thats totally left wing behaviour.

>SIDEBAR

The point is that you don't have to take injecting toxic politics into everything.

So when they use their freedom of speech to inject toxic shit into roleplaying i use mine to speak out against that. Also i don't buy OPP products.

>>54366355

>not having a problem with fictional violence
>having a problem with stupid Identity politics created by rich kids so they can be oppressed

Yeah no. I just tried avoiding that pile kg shit.
>>
>>54366391

>Magefags were proven to be cowards.

>An Aussie shitposter.

The usual stuff.
>>
>>54366391
Well, someone with a new and different political affiliation from the usual "bleeding heart left" vs. "rabid alt-right" showed up and started calling everyone "cunt" as a term of affection.

Also, a bunch of people cried like babies about OPP sidebars suggesting they consider other viewpoints, then pretended it wasn't about their personal politics.

Also, the Australians are here.
>>
>>54366409
>but in Europe thats totally left wing behaviour.
I would be hard pressed to find left-wing antigerman group in Poland. On the other hand most of the right here has enormous hateboner for everything german related
>>
>>54366418
>>Magefags were proven to be cowards.
What, because of the Prince of 100,000 Leaves? Well gee anon, are Changelingfags also cowards because of the Gentry?
>>
>>54366459
Nah because they called police on Chad
>>
>>54366045
>I did slap together protean/dominate devotion that allowed vampire to create Cymothea Sanguina, then make it infest humans and control them through it.
And there was much external screaming.
>>
>>54366409
>it might be different in Straya but in Europe thats totally left wing behaviour.

So? In Europe, leaving the single biggest free market is supposed to protect whitey from the scourge of the impoverished black man. Reality and sensible thought lose out over there, your argument is thirty flavours of shit.

It's only "toxic politics" because you're triggered by it. Don't project your weakness onto other people, you're the brittle little thin-skinned darling that can't handle a fucking roleplaying book suggesting you think about someone else's position for once.

>I'm not trans or gay
>let me speak for them and assume they do it for shits and giggles

yes, you stupid prick, I'm sure that's the reason people strive to assert themselves in such a fashion. People just love being gay bashed and discriminated against by small minded kraut Nazi-rejects like your lily-white ass, because reasons that you cannot specify.

Well now we've established that you're fucking ignorant as well as stupid, do you have anything else you want to be mocked for? Tell me how homosexuality is a modern thing, please, I could use a hearty laugh.
>>
>>54366424
>Also, the Australians are here.
It's like, 10:30 in Australia. I thought they all had to be in bed by 9?
>>
Autism

Autism everywhere
>>
>>54366459
>What, because of the Prince of 100,000 Leaves?

No, because they don't smoke crack.

Fucking COWARDS, man.

They could smoke the supernal concept of crack itself, using the supernal concept of crack pipes.... but no, let's obsess over "mysteries", Scoob. I sure hope those g-g-g-g-g-ghosts aren't real.
>>
>>54366459

Because they don't even smoke crack.
>>
>>54366488
Are you kidding? We're descendants of a fucking penal colony, me old cunt. Most of my neighbours are getting drunk and fucking each other's wives... or husbands.

Of course, if you're talking Sydney - yes, those cunts race home for a cup of Cocoa and the whole city packs up by nightfall. It's bullshit. It's also the only world class city where people remind you all the time that it's a world class city, mostly because they're scared about how much more important Melbourne is.
>>
>>54366439
I honestly had the impression that all poles had at least a small hateboner for us.

>>54366484

>think about someone else
>white ass
>Nazi
>Gaybashing
>ignorant

W E W cool it with the Buzzwords.

>implying these sidebars are about homosexuality

Its about virtue signaling.

If i play with people wanting to be male (female) pregnant pansexual werewolfs i will do that.

If i don't want to do that i won't regardless of a sidebar.

Its the same thing like reediting Movies for Diversity etc. Its a political oppinion sold as THE TRUTH tm forced into a product.
>>
>>54366589
>I honestly had the impression that all poles had at least a small hateboner for us.

Sure. But we hate each other more
>>
>>54366484

>It's only "toxic politics" because you're triggered by it.

No it's bad in the same dint that the weird, oddly specific misogyny and racism of FATAL is bad.
>>
>>54366584
I don't know, Sydney seems much more important that Melbourne.
>>
>>54366484
>It's only "toxic politics" because you're triggered by it
Most people are triggered because it's toxic politics. I don't know how any self-respecting LGBT person could condone the way these books represent them. I mean, have you seen the Free Council art? Read about the trans avenger of the night in Beast? How about the little bald trans person in M20 who is completely anal about their pronouns?

I'm all for representation and inclusion, when it's done right and when it's appropriate and tactful. When it isn't, like how it's done in these books, all it does is widen the rift and create more an "us" and "them" mentality. It's counterproductive.
>>
>>54367244
Which one is Neighbours in? Does Neighbours still exist or has it been over run by actual zombies yet (rather than the actors)?
>>
>>54366157
New tactic by liberals; call themselves centrists so if you disagree you're automatically rightwing, pushing out actual centrists
>>
>>54365579
>too cowardly to even smoke crack
is that more or less cowardly than to huff paint?

>>54366067
>suck my dick for fifty bucks
Found the faggot. This explains a lot, dunno why you didn't mention it at the beginning, we could have saved us this discussion.

>>54366180
Because turning Chad into lawn chair would be act of hubris.

>>54366213
>Chad is THE Vampire.
Vampire Chad is totally different matter though.
>>
>>54367733
Are Aussie Zombies any different from Zombies elsewhere?

Also are there any things from the CofD Splats that are Oz Exclusive?
>>
>>54368022

There's no such thing as actual centrists, just right-wing folks who are a little uncomfortable with illliberalism, and left-wing folks who don't want to give up elitism.
>>
>>54364553

Somehow he went from entropy 6 to 10 in a few short years.
>>
>>54365423
>>54365407

>Write a story wherein the NWO encourages mass migration by illiberal groups to turn people against democracy, and the Syndicate goes along with it for a cheap labor source. Other members of the union oppose it because superstitionism should not be allowed to spread.

>The Traditions are hardly united on the issue. Some of them welcome people who would accept more "impossible mysticism," where as others worry their own traditional paradigms could be further endangered.

Can you imagine the levels of pantsshitting this would cause? I don't know Europe well enough to write this convincingly, though.
>>
>>54368022
>>54368482
>not sure if actual nazi or just troll
Dude just fuck off to pol if you actually want to be a faggot. you're shitting up the thread
>>
>>54369078
>literally half a thread of retarded German and Strayan screaming at each other
>two guys discussing a term is now Nazism and "muh /pol/"

Was it autism?
>>
>>54369143
>What is /pol
you two screeching faggots have been fucking up the thread since yesterday
>>
>>54358507
Is it worth a re-look? Managed to close its doors on me pretty firmly with its dedicated 'Gender, Race, Queerness' part of the first chapter. It's not every day a game tells me so quickly and without a shadow of a doubt that it is not written for me. But I mean maybe the system itself is good, even though seemingly a big chunk of its inspiration came from a place I despise, ie tone deaf identity politics mania. Give me a toolbox, designers, not masturbatory virtue signaling. There is no need to shove down one's throat your hyper progressive out of place bullshit in a genre of game where the whole fucking point is and always was that you can play whatever you want. But yeah, let's remind our readers that different races exist! Brilliant. Sad.
>>
>>54369535

Just highlight that stuff out and read the rules if it bothers you. It's just words.
>>
>>54369586
A lot of things are "just words".
>>
>>54369609

Yep. And just like other words, you can just blot them out or not read them.
>>
File: Binky.jpg (31KB, 373x523px) Image search: [Google]
Binky.jpg
31KB, 373x523px
>>54369535
>Words hurt me
>>
>>54366815
>A sidebar telling me to stop and self-examine my prejudices is objectively similar to the only RPG to include anal circumference and accidentally raping an opponent to death during combat as game mechanics

Another swing and a miss for the alt-right apologist squad. They've been doing badly all season...
>>
>>54367244
Nope. They instituted "lock-out laws" that forbade serving alcohol in the city centre after ...10 PM, was it?... in a gesture to reduce "one punch kill" scenarios, resulting in the effective death of live music venues and any kind of night life anywhere closer than the Inner West. The violence just moved further into the suburbs.

Brisbane, not to be outdone, started the same lock out laws... with an exemption for the Casino, because bribery.

Melbourne is now growing fast, with a vibrant culture. Sydney is going to end up looking like Gary from Ashes to Ashes at this rate.
>>
File: hooch.jpg (38KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
hooch.jpg
38KB, 398x500px
>>54367389

Maybe I'm just an unmedicated schizophrenic with unfettered access to an unlocked staff room, but holy shit

>hey yoo guise, nuWW is different and suxx becoz THE RED/GREEN SOCIALIST SCOURGE IS WRITING BIG BAD POLITIKS

>tfw no-one realises this has happened before, and will happen again

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/mors-rattus/gypsies/
>>
Great. It's another /v/ leak.
>>
>>54368352
So.... you WILL suck my dick for fifty bucks?

Also, I may be a faggot, but I'm still right. Your capitulation on the argument proves your acceptance of this. Thank you for playing, dick pic or GTFO.
>>
>>54368352
>is that more or less cowardly than to huff paint?

More cowardly, you cracker. Only a man stout of heart and pure of soul inhales the vapors rising off a pint of turpentine.
>>
>>54368369
>Are Aussie Zombies any different from Zombies elsewhere?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQrpx13SK7k
>>
>>54368369
Well they've already got abos.
>>
>>54368928
You're asking me if I think a company that hired Zak S - a man mostly remembered for his soulless pumping away on top of Mandy Morbid, and certainly not for his "art", when he was hired to *write* - is worried about the optics of a publication like that?

Elricsson is always talking about how we need to accept everyone else in this interest group, how we need to talk about now and how we feel and what makes us human. I call myself a "centrist" because I'm trying desperately to put up with both sides throwing snarl words at me while I try and understand what they're about and get them to talk, because quite frankly, if we don't all start talking to each other democracy is fucked. Yes, I insult people, because this is 4chan and it's only polite. Yes, I'm an obnoxious cunt, but I'm encouraging you to write something like this, and write it WELL, for the sake of a balanced WoD.

Set it in your own city. Migration is hardly a localised phenomena. Write convincing characters, reasonable situations. Open other people's eyes to your concerns.
>>
>>54369143
>everything I dislike is autism

Reminder: obsessing over a single word is a good indication that a person can be placed on the spectrum
>>
>>54369535
And what is it about queer people that makes you so pants-shittingly afraid when a book says you can "choose" to play one? Is there a line that says you are forced to? Show me that line, or forever remain a little bitch.
>>
>>54370195
False. Blackfellas have white cunts squatting up the coast line, and their rent is 200 years in arrears.

On a different note, who here would like to see the original slate of titles for oWoD completed? Some lines, like Wraith, never got the full treatment that was planned. I would love some more Dark Kingdoms books....
>>
>>54364677
gods at 8 and nine are vastly superior to any single mage not under the practice of assumption. A spell that takes decades if ever to find the right material for. People talk about archmages like they have infinite powers but archmages out of the gate are only slightly better than masters. to control spirits takes imperial spells to cast amazing defenses which most rank 7+ gods can still bypass requires finding the right material.

Even with the material to attempt to turn a true fae into a fire,poker doesn't stop them from having their own ways of loopholing it and still fucking you over.

Archmasters are gimped compared to OWOD ones. No one ever likes to talk about the draw backs or the fact that gods have access to free imperial spells without any paradox issues.
>>
>>54370628
I meant to say to control 6+ spirits takes imperial spells and it requires finding the right material. So does having better than normal defenses. Also, 7+ gods have defenses against that.
>>
>>54370263
Stop being an apologetic Cuck for the lefties
>Fuck of to pol already
>>
>>54364703
They're not even playing a WW game.
>>
>>54365737
10/10 projection. I'd nominate that for an Oscar.
>>
>>54365407
>this game has too much politics
>ARGLEBLARGE WRITE SUPPLEMENTS FOR THEM WITH EVEN MORE POLITICS IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT
fagnon please
>>
>>54366242
If you think males can be pregnant, you are literally mentally ill.
>>
>>54366439
>I would be hard pressed to find left-wing antigerman group in Poland.

The Communists are pretty anti-German.
>>
>>54370379
>False. Blackfellas have white cunts squatting up the coast line, and their rent is 200 years in arrears.

>literally believes this
>muh squatting
>abos burned the continent down to desert
>whites fixed it
>>
>>54370379
>Blackfellas have white cunts squatting up the coast line
I want an alternate history where australia was settled by slavs
>>
These games are for eye liner wearing faggotrons.
>>
>>54368352
>found the faggot

All Anons are faggots.

Faggot.
>>
>>54369849
yeah, words like kike, nigger, faggot etc are really toxic and hurtful for us.
>>
>>54370263
Even a braindead retard could write better than nuWW, as they have proven numerous times already
>>
>>54359377
Moros are kinda weak, at least compared to Wizard Batman, Professor X, Fuck Your Magic, and Spirit Slave Driver.
>>
>>54371647
NIGGER KIKE FAGGOT
KIKE FAGGOT NIGGER
FAGGOT NIGGER KIKE
NIGGER FAGGOT KIKE
FAGGOT KIKE NIGGER
KIKE NIGGER FAGGOT
>>
>>54370093
What? I didn't say anything about nuWW being bad. Well, it is, but not because of LGBT stuff in the books. Mostly because it's just bumfuck retarded from top to bottom. And only one of the examples I listed was from WW at all. The other two were OPP. Guess what, I don't think Beast or Awakening is bad because of politics either. Beast is bad because of poor writing, and I like Awakening. Wow, it's almost like it's possible to have criticisms and complaints without writing something off as a total dumpster fire because you don't like one part of it.

Put a leash on the autism, champ.
>>
>>54371667
>Even a braindead retard could write better than nuWW, as they have proven numerous times already

Don't miss your chance anon. You could be the next Hill.
>>
>>54371747
>Can kill spells and make magical metals
>Weak
Be more creative.
>>
>>54371960
I didn't say weak, I said weak compared to the other types of mages. That's a BIG difference. They still shit on basically anything that isn't a mage.
>>
>>54371981
They can shit on other mages too with the right build.
>>
>>54372019
Yes, but so can all the other paths and they can do it a bit easier. I didn't say Moros were significantly weaker than the others, but logic dictates they can't be even, so there will be a weakest one, and that one is Moros.
>>
File: 1500227181453.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
1500227181453.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
/tg/ stat Swole Jawa and his friends
>>
File: Cat In The Hat.gif (48KB, 220x318px) Image search: [Google]
Cat In The Hat.gif
48KB, 220x318px
>>54372118
>>
>>54372118
>Swole Jawa
I'm guessing either GoTV or Adamantine Arrow for his Y Axis.

Arcana...can Life be used to Aquire Swole? because apart from that I'm not getting anything on his Path. He might be a Moros based on his looks, but I can't be sure.
>>
>>54372223

If I were to hazard a guess, Swole Jawa is a Moros with a legacy that grants him Life as Ruling.
>>
>>54371747
>Moros are kinda weak

Matter is very versatile and potentially powerful ruling Arcana that includes a great Mage Armor. Death is also more diverse in 2e, and now the only Arcanum that deals with souls.
>>
>>54372302
I'm not saying Moros are weak, they're mages, they still shit on basically anything in the setting, but the other paths are stronger.
>>
>>54372262
So Ruling Life, maybe have his other Arcana As Matter because of the fact it'd give him Kickass Mage Armor.
>>
>>54372223
>>54372617
>>54372262

Swole Jawa is too powerful to be constrained by a Path.

>Swole Archmaster
>Archmaster Jawa
>>
File: laughing_anime_girl.png (297KB, 485x506px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_anime_girl.png
297KB, 485x506px
>reading the demon descent example character creation
>it's a skateboarding robo demon
>it's a skateboarding grown ass robo demon
>it's skateboarding grown ass robo demon that uses intimidation tactics
>it's skateboarding grown ass robo demon that people find intimidating
>>
>>54372821
Clearly you either never played Tomb Raider, or you did and learned nothing from it.
>>
What would Shrek be in the CoD? My guess is a Namtaru Predator with his Swamp as the Lair, and Kinship with Changelings.
>>
>>54372398

In my experience, no single Path is the weakest or strongest.
Each of the Arcana can do ridiculous things.
>>
>>54370628
Only Archmages have access to Imperial magic.

You're referring to the table given for the ease of things, and isn't binding.
You don't use the rules given in IM for the True Fae, you use the ones given n Equinox Road.
>>
>>54370628
>archmages out of the gate are only slightly better than masters

Ummmm, no? They automatically win any and all Clash of Wills with their lessers, their spells cannot be countered by any means and they can boost the common Practices to Imperial heights. It's nearly impossible to kill them, they reflexively pop back into their Golden Road at their whim.

Fresh Archmages are dangerous.
>>
File: goblin_fruit.jpg (92KB, 880x647px) Image search: [Google]
goblin_fruit.jpg
92KB, 880x647px
These contract activation rolls are ridiculous.
>What should make you better at killing plants with your gaze
>Taking AP chemistry I guess
>>
>>54373972
Don't worry all the cool plant contracts aren't going to be in 2e by the looks of it. So it will never be fixed!
>>
>>54373972
Wyrd + Occult for every contract, yay or nay?
>>
>>54373983
>playing Changeling: The Huntsman
>not continuing to play Changeling: The Lost, possibly with a few mechanics updates
>>
>>54374046
That's a terrible idea. I get why you'd do it, but no, it's terrible.
>>
>>54374093
Given the take on the hedge and the weird focus of the game, I doubt I'll be running many "Huntsmen Chronicles". They aren't even very compelling antagonists. Just shapeshifters that were better served in 1e by Actor true fae
>>
How many dots in Fate would a mage need to safely traverse through the Hedge?
>>
>>54374178
Bare minimum, 2, for Fate Shielding.
>>
>>54374093
>>54374121
Why are you calling it "Changeling: the Huntsman"? I'm not familiar with the new playtest fluff.
>>
>>54374209
2e Changeling is offically dubbed
Changeling the Lost Second Edition Ft. The Huntsmen Chronicle
I think..
>>
>>54374178
Nothing is safe in the Hedge, anon.

Once you enter, you can't get out. Not even a mage. Walking through a hedge gate is a contract in itself. You need to play by the rules.
>>
>>54373553
Considering true fae are essentially the gods of fate in IM you'd use those rules.

>>54373729
6+ spirits don't count as lessers and have rules at 8+ their powers are straight up better than archmages. Fresh archmages still have issues and at arcana 8 you can attack someone's golden road.
>>
>>54374228
Shit, I didn't know it was actually in the real title. I was just being sarcastic.
>>
>>54370263

Philly isn't exactly migrant central, or home to unique magickal traditions.
>>
>>54374250
No, really. The mechanics given for 6+ entities in IM s modeled after Masquerade and its past use of Werewolves using Disciplines because they didn't have time to implement every rule. Similar to Mages using Disciplines in V20 for light of explanation.

Dave has mentioned this previously.

>6+ spirits don't count as lessers
You're right. I was comparing them to Masters, not their equals.
>>
>>54374228
Yeah, but nobody calls Vampire 2e "Vampire: The Strix", or Werewolf 2e "Werewolf: The Idigam"
Get off your autistic horse
>>
>>54374230
Mages with 4-5 dots of Fate can forcer their way in-and-out of the Hedge, perhaps even Arcadia.
>>
>>54374304
Both of those products were originally titled differently.
Plenty of people still call Vampire 2e Blood and Smoke.
>>
>>54374297
That's where you're wrong even if those are just placeholders it means a spirit can essentially manipulate his magic to mimic inperial spells. For free, without quintessence. they can most certainly annihilate any archmage unless the archmage prepared more spells the spirit can counter. And if you read the book it is possible to counter an imperial spell it's just impractical for anything but spirits to do it.

considering IM essentially considers true fae rank 8 entities it would be incredibly hard to tackle one.
>>
>>54374230
>Nothing is safe in the Hedge, anon.
>Once you enter, you can't get out. Not even a mage. Walking through a hedge gate is a contract in itself. You need to play by the rules.

Fate 3 can force open ANY existing gate (and lesser Fate spells can easily locate Hedge gates). [Arcanum 3 can act as a key to any gate or similar phenomena of the appropriate purview, e.g., Spirit and the Shadow, Death and the Underworld, etc.]

Fate 5 can create ex nihlio a gate to or from the Hedge virtually anywhere.

The above doesn't even count what a mage proficient in Fate can do to beings in the Hedge to "persuade" them provide egress or ingress.
>>
>>54374371
>People who say "Mage: The Fallen World"
Nobody
>"Promethean: The Firestorm"
Nobody

Changeling 2e was never "Changeling: The Huntsmen", it has always been "Changeling the Lost: Second Edition, Featuring the Huntsmen Chronicle"
Just because a word is in the full title doesn't mean you have to be autistic and say it's the new subtitle for the game.
>>
>>54374428
Yeah I dunno who was doing that but it wasn't me. There is a name discrepancy making talking about CofD difficult with anyone who isn't familiar with its shitty dev cycles.
>>
>>54374428
Dude. I wrote that. I'm not that other guy you've been arguing with. I was making a sarcastic joke based on a mechanic I'm not a fan of.

Chill.
>>
>>54374178
Ask ST. Some sidebar in that one antagonist changeling book mentioned mage powers start working less and less the deeper you go.
>>
>>54363922
The books weren't written as crossover books, plain and simple.
>>
>>54374525
An unshielded Mage loses their soul slowly as they traverse the Hedge, which reduces their magical powers by one dot for every length of time they indicated spent in the Hedge (I forget how long).

Mages can use their Arcana to negate this damage if they're aware it exists. They can also use Fate 4-5 to alter the geography of the Hedge to their whims.
>>
>>54374600
Do you have a page number for that?
>>
>>54374858
>>54374600
I doubt most of Equinox Roads or other end game 1e Changeling books will have any real relevance in 2e.
>>
>>54374902
I doubt anything will up until crossover chronicle, I'm just looking for guild lines here
>>
File: img-thing - Copy.jpg (21KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing - Copy.jpg
21KB, 600x750px
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>54374962
How did I turn guidelines into guildlines
>>
>>54375017
>>
>>54374990
Is this loss
>>
>>54374381
>considering IM essentially considers true fae rank 8 entities it would be incredibly hard to tackle one.

True Fae are rank 7 beings, silly.
They're on part with lesser to mid level Archmages.
>>
>>54374178
Fate 3 should be able to help you deal with most problems

Including existing the hedge at a gate by Weaving it open, Ruling your walking of Hedge-paths into arriving at a Gateway, perhaps Shielding if that's enough to stop the harm to your sould form the thorns, or Veiling to render yourself irrelevant to Fate-dependant Hedge-Beings if you can win CoWs.
Knowing should also be able to tell you what lies at the end of any specific path, or at least the type of path it takes, and Unveiling would probably be able to help you avoid any illusions.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.