[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any etiquette advice on acting a chaotic, slightly amoral character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

Any etiquette advice on acting a chaotic, slightly amoral character? I like the idea of intergroup differences, but see how this could frustrate others
>>
>>54357120
1. Don't betray the party.
2. Don't get too hasty if you're with the party.

Otherwise, go wild. The reason Chaotic Neutral types are so reviled are the above and lolsorandom behavior. If you're friend to the party and don't go full murderhobo in front of everyone, it'll all probably work out.
>>
>>54357120

Feel free to test the limits of other PCs a little but don't try to batter your way through if you encounter clear resistance. Try to reach comprimises when you can. You can often express your character's personality just by voicing dissent with an idea but then agreeing to go along with it anyway.

If players are obviously not happy - and pay attention here autists, people will often say "it's fine" even when they don't mean it so you'll have to learn to read their expressions, tone of voice and body language - then back off from whatever you're doing to annoy them. You might even do some token favour in-game for them to show you're not an asshole.

The above isn't 100% absolute - you might end up in a group where there's one super touchy snowflake or a Lawful Stupid type. If someone is getting annoyed with you and you don't think they have any reasonable grounds, you'll just have to talk it out OOC.
>>
File: 1498142514470.jpg (16KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
1498142514470.jpg
16KB, 480x515px
>>54357120
If your going to fuck shit up make sure the blowback is directed at you and not the party. Don't shit on their negotiations, don't stab the king.
But if you're tough 'tanky' type being a dick to NPCs is a great way to be a distraction for the party. Committing minor crimes while the rest of the party isn't around could also be useful too. Random murder and shit is probably too much but stealing rations before a journey, threatening or blackmailing people of minor importance for favours should be fine is long as you're not seen by the party good guys.

If you're going to raz the party don't bring it to the point of "I roll intimidation to make you do what I want" but a little quip like volunteering another party member to go first into the dungeon or mentioning that you deserve a bigger portion of treasure when you're inconvenienced should be fine as long as you don't push the matter. When the party member says no you sigh and mention something about more glory for you, when they say you get the same portion as everyone else you puff and mention something about unions. But at the end of the day you work with the party.

>Remember the difference between a Scamp and a Bully.
>The Scamp pokes but never forces, the Bully always tries to get his way.
>The Scamp reacts, the Bully initiates.
>Bugs Bunny never throws the first punch
The Scamp is usually fun, the Bully is usually grating. The Bully can be fun but only if played right. He needs to have some very obvious weaknesses, limits or personal rules and some means to turn him off. Bullies should always be somewhat weak, scamps should appear weak.
If the Bully is too strong he's just an antagonist. If the scamp appears too strong he losses his need for subtly and the character stops making sense.

tl;dr
>Don't try to be the party leader
>Keep your evil away from the party and use it to benefit the party
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.