[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you allow crossbow-toting, hatchet-throwing, hat-wearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 20170716_153023.jpg (2MB, 1779x2832px) Image search: [Google]
20170716_153023.jpg
2MB, 1779x2832px
Why don't you allow crossbow-toting, hatchet-throwing, hat-wearing desert frontiersmen in your setting?

BONUS: Why don't they have revolvers?
>>
>>54355892
But I do. Or, well, I will.

Because revolvers are old-world wonders, and ever since the banishment of Zargothrax and the shattering of Fife, the magic of the old times is lost.
>>
>>54355892
Because I don't allow crossbows. The local autist choir won't fucking shut up about "PUNCH THROUGH PLATE MALE ARMOR" and "EFFORTLESS TO TRAIN" and "KILL A KNIGHT AT FIVE HUNDRED PACES EVERY TIME".

And because I don't allow revolvers for the same reason.
>>
>>54355940
You're running a Gloryhammer campaign?? I should listen to them, I actually *live*
in Fife
>>
>>54356583
I'm planning to run a Gamma World adventure as a mashup of Gloryhammer, Gamma World, The Dark Tower, Discworld, Mogworld and The Death Gate Cycle. It's gonna be weird, fantastic, over-the-top and at least a bit meta.

And yeah, you should. Both a parody and an excellent example of power metal. Besides, as a resident I'm sure some obscure local references the rest of us miss.
>>
>>54355892
>Why don't you allow crossbow-toting, hatchet-throwing, hat-wearing desert frontiersmen in your setting?
Because only an idiot would use a crossbow when they could have a pistol instead.
>>
>>54355892
>crossbow-toting,
Spring-guns and crossbows are a common alternative for people where gunpowder is rare, and have different qualities to muzzle loading pistols.
>hatchet-throwing,
I mean, you can, I guess
>hat-wearing
This is a big deal for sailors and gentlemen
>desert
Seafaring campaign
>frontiersmen
I mean... Aren't all sailors? Not sure.
>BONUS
Firearms are still Revolutionary War tier and by gentlemen's agreement we have agreed significant improvement in that tech doesn't happen during the historical period of the game.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.