[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Squatting your army? You silly Anon, why do you think this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 35

File: (G)ews.jpg (33KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
(G)ews.jpg
33KB, 318x320px
>Squatting your army? You silly Anon, why do you think this?
>Oh those? Those are just Primaris™ Marines Anon, you don't have to worry :^)
>Old marines will never get squatted, we are just offering new possibilities to modellers and players alike!
>What? New releases for old Marines? Eh Anon, it may take a while, you know, we are very busy with this new edition... maybe in the future! :^) why don't you buy this new Primaris™ Non-tactical squad since you're here? I heard there are new releases for them coming soon
>>
Did you bitch about no more beakie squads at the time?
>>
>>54351787
>Abloo-bloo-bloo, all these new models...
>Sisters players don't know how lucky they are.
>>
>>54351895
I did because i love beakies
>>
>>54351787
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNWyhl-I_ak
>>
File: You seem upset.png (287KB, 844x497px) Image search: [Google]
You seem upset.png
287KB, 844x497px
>>
>>54351966
Good for you that you can still build one out of every old marine box. Maybe every primaris box will have enough pieces to put together an old marine acting as squad mascotte?
>>
>>54351951

Actually I have confession to make as a sisters player. I honestly hope they never come out with plastic sisters. I'm putting a shit ton of work into converting myself an army, and it makes me kinda happy to be one of only two guys in my area who play them. If they came out with plastic 1.they might look better than my conversions which would just make me feel like shit about my girls and 2. Half a dozen other sisters players would pop up and I'd get lumped in wit them.
>>
>>54352026
that would be both funny and embarrassing

I like that idea
>>
>>54352025
>>54351895
I actually don't even play marines, and I love the Chads. I'm just amused by the butthurt manlet players
>>
>>54351787
Somehow, I'm not heartbroken about marine players not being happy with their monthly releases. Maybe... be glad you get more realeases than everyone else? And with the fact that you get a brand new army that's fully compatible with your old army and filled with even MORE new releases?
>>
>>54352029
... so you're saying you don't want plastoc sisters because they might be good and popular? What's wrong with you?
>>
File: deathwatch-marine.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deathwatch-marine.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
Anyone want to roll up a space marine chapter?

d10 for founding purpose.
>>
>>54352386
he doesnt want to be jealous and he is honest about it
>>
File: Riptide 17.jpg (164KB, 796x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Riptide 17.jpg
164KB, 796x1078px
>>54352029
true.
If SoB come back i'll order a display painted 3k point army asap.
>>
>>54351787
40KEKS!
>>
>>54351993

So your point is correct, but I'd point out that there is an awful lot of overlap in those categories.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>54352472
>>
>>54352118
Get a life
>>
>>54351787
you're the reason we can't have nice things. primaris just look fucking superior, i'd buy them on aesthetic alone
>>
>>54354848
Cheapens the IP, tho.
>>
File: FUKC.jpg (162KB, 875x894px) Image search: [Google]
FUKC.jpg
162KB, 875x894px
>So many people have cucked themselves to chadmarines
This is truly the end times
>>
Rolled 2 (1d6)

>>54353308
I have never rolled before lets see if I can manage
dice+1d6
>>
A thread died for this.
>>
GW is not a charity. Fucking stupid thread.
>>
File: DOUBT.png (69KB, 303x216px) Image search: [Google]
DOUBT.png
69KB, 303x216px
>>54354848
>>54355768
The models are aesthetically bad in every right, they look like generic space men with generic space mechs
They're a hallow shell of what made space marines
>>
>>54356000
you mean generic space men in generic armour? sounds exactly the same too me.
>>
File: Something is wrong here.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Something is wrong here.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
>>54356052
No I mean this thing, it feels off and out of place. I don't care if "That's how it should have looked" The design is not that great
>>
>>54356127
sure, that's a nice opinion to have. but being an opinion, it's utterly meaningless.
>>
File: YOU DID THIS.jpg (9KB, 222x159px) Image search: [Google]
YOU DID THIS.jpg
9KB, 222x159px
>>54356191
You're still not giving me a reason to like this guys, you're making it worse
>>
>>54356245
i'm not trying too. like or don't like what you want. just don't pretend your opinion matters.
>>
I just hate the retarded lore behind them, why can't they just be the regular marines? People can suspend their disbelief.
>>
>>54356398
no they fucking can't. fanboys are utterly fucking retarded to the smallest detail. look at the rules debates that came out. neeing faq's for common sense questions. they need to be handheld through every aspect of the hobby.
>>
>>54356343
>Don't call the new models stupid!
>Not Like I'm buying them anyways...
You better get yourself used to criticism because this is not how you go about it.
It's clear that GW is trying to go for a new "Shiny and high tech look" to the space marines and eventually everything else, completely ignoring the world style they've had set up for decades now.

They're doing this to attract the newer generation who have been used to the clean and smooth sci-fi settings we've been getting lately
>>
>>54351787
How about stop buying Space Marines so other factions will also got some new units
>>
>>54356502
that's some sideways thinking you've got going there broseph. i couldn't care about 40k one way or the other. don't play have no interest in starting. but these>>54356245 >>54356127 are still space marines and recognisable as such. you pretending that your precious models have changed a bit, isn't going to change that.
>>
File: 1273011445637.jpg (44KB, 242x269px) Image search: [Google]
1273011445637.jpg
44KB, 242x269px
>Rievers use stripped down MkX armor for mobility
>3+ save
>>
>>54351787
well actually, the army doesn't get squatted, it's just a few units (and even than, it needs time until they are fully gone)
>>
>>54356526
that's why I love Orks
>>
File: Ork Painboy Mad Dok.jpg (49KB, 440x530px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Painboy Mad Dok.jpg
49KB, 440x530px
>>54356643
>Play Orkz
>Literally any model looks good if painted and/ or converted decently
>Can use shit from the 90s, or modern-day sculpts in one force easily enough
>Any Ork release can be used and kitbashed
>Massive difference in scale between Orkz, Orcs, or Orrukz is welcomed, such as the Ironjawz or any of the old WHFB stuff, all can be made 40k with minimal effort

And that's why Orkz is da best
>>
>>54356191
>but being an opinion, it's utterly meaningless.
opinions are just context relative truths.
what's utterly meaningless is your attitude.
>>
>>54356726
so you agree with me then. thanks for that.
>>
File: last stand.jpg (87KB, 734x460px) Image search: [Google]
last stand.jpg
87KB, 734x460px
>>54356552
>i couldn't care about 40k one way or the other. don't play have no interest in starting
They may look like space marines, but nothing about them even feels like a space marine. I've said this in every post which you continually ignore.

I can look back at the older drawings and models and tell they are space marines and fit the setting they are in.
When I look at the newer drawings and models, nothing about them yells "Space marine". They look overly high tech compared with everyone else, they're lore and creation feels forced without much thought put into it.

The argument that the Space marines are the best The Emperor could do still counts since the primarchs don't count. They were the The Emperor's finest and almost impossible to recreate without messing with the geneseed; which is HERESY if I might remind you, and are to be considered mutants.
>Cause they were

So the fact they were even made without anyone bating an eye is just poor writing and proof GW just wants to send these new models out the door because they look cool, and more approachable to a wider audience of young kids and teens
>>
>>54356191
>>54356343
What is with this newish trend of calling out people merely having fucking opinions, somebody was calling an anon a special snowflake in the general because he said 7ed had a bit of rules bloat. We're at the level of:

>I don't like X
YOUR OPINION MEANS NOTHING
>Okay but why
HOLY SHIT I DON'T CARE

Like holy fuck, we're on /tg/ to discuss our opinions on /tg/, if we're not allowed to have opinions without anons calling out their mere existence then what the fuck are we supposed to do here? Call people a faggot because they do/don't like the primaris marines, but calling people faggots for having opinions at all on primaris marines is retarded.
>>
>>54356783
>They look overly high tech compared with everyone else
well, at least we can say that the empire of man isn't that much stagnant in technology anymore
>>
>>54352359
>monthly releases
The only new models before Primaris for vanilla was the storm hawk and before that the 2013 6th edition shit. I guess stupid niggers like you forgot the 4 years of non vanilla marine releases that happened in between
>>
>>54356806
>Fucking. This.
>>
>>54351895
It would be a lot better if this was just a different armour mark.
>>
>>54356756
No, your opinion on opinions being meaningless is straight up wrong.
>>
>>54354032
t. manlet
>>
>>54352386

I'm daft enough to have built an army that's essentiallynot supported from the company basically from scratch because I liked them and I enjoyed the challenge. And now that I've been doing it for a bit I'm really proud of them, and others think they are really unique and cool, but if plastic sisters come out I'll loose that and my prise may turn to shame when I see my goofy cut n paste jobs next to smooth sculpts. It isn't rocket science man.
>>
>>54358610
So because your feefees will get hurt, they shouldn't release plastic sisters? Fuck off, you shouldn't punish the rest of us just because your self admitted shitty conversions won't look good next to them.
>>
>>54356127
It's true. Although ruthlessly ridiculed, the older dreadnaught patterns were "the" iconic 40k mechs, i think secondly only in brand importance to the marines themselves. It shocks me that they're trying to replace them wholesale rather than making minor changes while preserving the look.
>>
>>54356806
This, god damn it.
I think there must be too many "moooom i dont caaaAAAaare" teens on here.
>>
>>54359860
They're trying to attract a different playerbase
>>
>>54351787
I played Squats

I had 2,500 points of fuckin useless Guard-by-any-other-name with gimpy stumpy little legs

I had Rhinos, I had Trikes, I had Hearthguard with and without Exo-Armour, on and off Trikes, I had Living Ancestors with some of the most broken psychic powers of RT or 2E

You know why nobody really likes them in 40k? It's because Space Wolves came along and did Norsish garbage better

You know why they never really caught on before that? No dreadnoughts, no heavy infantry worth having, no heavy artillery that wasn't also available to Guard and Marines with better assault options

Squats were shit, nobody played them, and if anybody tells you different they're a fucking liar and here's the proof for you: wait until everyone starts bitching about how they brought back Move as a characteristic and suddenly their units aren't competitive, because that was a problem every non-vehicle - and remember bikes and trikes were vehicles - unit had back in RT/2E

You want to know why they said jokingly that a Hive Fleet ate the Squats? because they'd played fuck knows how many test games trying out their lists against each other, and that's what Tyranids always did to Squats

fucking Genestealer Cults could take them out without tanks or artillery, just by sending a distraction squad of Cultists to harass while the Purestrains crossed the board in ONE TURN and raped to death anything that survived being shot to shit by the Hybrids hanging back with autocannons

Now Nigward do you see anything in this that even RESEMBLES any Space Marine army of 7E? Because that is the comparison you are making

Fucking garbage that everyone could smell the stench of death on years before 2E rolled up with the most-played faction of the last 30 years

I hope you choke to death on your daddy's dick tonight you lazy sonofabitch
>>
>>54359804

Don't really give a shit about you m8.
>>
>>54360010
Not even in second ed were stealers fast enough to first turn charge without amazing infiltration or psychic shenanigans.
>>
I don't actually believe that GW will try to phase out the old marines, as why would they get rid of them for primaris when they can sell both? A big thing about pushing the primaris marines is because they're new and shiny and you don't have them... yet.

On top of that, old space marines have more aesthetic appeal because of all the bits from years upon years of development. For a long time, the primaris marines aren't going to be anywhere as cool as the old marines are. On top of that the old marines are compatible with all the heresy era marines they're also trying to sell you and want to keep selling to you.

Right now the fluff points towards Guilliman wanting to phase out the old marines and run the Imperium his way, like it was all Ultramar. But the Imperium is not all like Ultramar, and we don't know yet how the other primarchs are going to react when they come back, loyalist and traitor. There is a good chance, he or someone else is going to fuck it all up for him.
>>
File: jk.jpg (52KB, 220x299px) Image search: [Google]
jk.jpg
52KB, 220x299px
>>54360010
Are you.. Okay?
>>
>>54360134

They will just stop producing manlet marine models and only feature chadmarines in fluff and art.
>>
>>54351787
Everything changes as time passes, and things will be phased out and forgotten. It is an inevitability.
>>
>>54356127
Christ, I hadn't seen the new dreads. That is just a BattleTech rip-off. WTF?
>>
File: RedemptorAndChaosDreadlet.jpg (90KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
RedemptorAndChaosDreadlet.jpg
90KB, 736x736px
>>54359860
>preserving the look.
Personally I think they did a pretty good job making a updated Dread that's clearly based on the original boxnaught.
>>
>people whinging about truscale new lore marines
They need to do the redo treatment to orks next
>>
>>54360345
This looks great.
>>
>>54351787
>Ugh, you guys have no idea how tough it is to have way too many cool models to choose from, including an entire new lineup just for us
>Meanwhile, every other army is lucky to receive more than a handful of new kits every decade
Space Marine privilege, everyone.
>>
>>54356191
Kys. Seriously. You are an impediment to discourse. You know, that thing we're all here for?
>>
>GW going to squat tiny marines
>when you can sell both tiny marines and huge marines
It's like you don't even business.
>>
>>54360387
But the whole point is to transition to truscale
>>
File: flsh.jpg (29KB, 217x408px) Image search: [Google]
flsh.jpg
29KB, 217x408px
>>54360345
>>54360354
>>54360370
>>54360379
>This many shills
I'm not gonna make another version of my posts for shit like this

>>54360200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8i5NLyXZdc
>>
>>54360137
I AM ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT ELVES

>>54360109
RT list (Compendium, no Chaos Attributes)

6" move becomes 12" charge move

>opponent has -1 hit mod when Genestealer chargers
>Genestealer claws have -1 save mod (ie RT-era power armor has a 5+ against them; RT-era Space Marines, Orks, Squats, (T4) are Wounded on a 2+; Orks, Squats, anything in Flak receives no save against Genestealer claws), 4 attacks per Purestrain

assuming you had nothing worth taking in the middle field, you could sit back on your styrofoam hill and wait for them to murder you on turn 2, but other than that the only way to avoid them would be playing lengthwise on a full-size 8'x4' board, normal deployment zones would only leave 24" between you and most games would have some reason to leave deployment zones

playing on a board less than 4' wide meant having Purestrains in your deployment zone on turn 1; if they had a tank to hide out in, you were dead

2E list (Tyranids or Cults)

6" move becomes 12" charge move; -3 save mod on the claws, wounds on a 2+ (Marines now get a 6+ save, everybody else is still fucked), 4 attacks per Purestrain blah blah nothing really change that much

oh except now they can get 2D6 saves and Frenzy from Catalyst which their Level 4 psykers always have, Hypnotic Gaze to absolutely fuck a unit 6" in front of them (better hope you weren't going to try and take any objectives or you'll be on your front line when they hit), and so on

Squats had Force Dome and Domination as their only worthwhile upgrades in 2E; we kept waiting for them to get some of those sweet sweet guns or whatever from Epic but they never came

never

fucking Elves man they did this to us
>>
>>54356806
Its the fucking snowflake double think. Its infecting every subculture. Next we'll be calling for the punching of furries or decrying the humanity of mods apropos of nothing.
>>
>>54352029
Strangely enough, that's exactly the same as me

t. hipster
>>
>>54356806
Thing is some opinions are wrong and can only be interpreted as the buttonmashing of a retard.
>>
>>54359804
I really don't understand people like you. Either you are a troll or a sociopath... In either case, don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>54360534
Hes right though. You are also projecting pretty hard.
>>
>>54360482
oh wait I forgot

>RT

>Genestealers just set up to hide behind a wall if they don't get first turn, game becomes an exchange of fire that will end when they can sneak into charge range
>can't be discovered by Squats unless within 2" of them
>Squats don't have sufficient pie plates to empty the cover effectively
>no real reason just kind of shitty troops

2E
>Hybrids can field 5 man squads with 3 heavy weapons each
>halp my rear line is being ripped apart by heavy plasma guns and lascannons and my front line Hearthguard are being incinerated by multimeltas wat can I PURESTRAINS NO
>guess I'll hide out in my Force Dome and drag this shit out for a turn longer
>>
>>54360186
But this can't work like the squats, they just can't drop oldmarines in the lore like the squats. They have 10,000 years of history, and we're the key players in some of the greatest victories of the Imperium. They can and will write new stories, but they won't match up to the years of development.

I think that these years between the horus heresy and the 42nd millennium might be the future of the old marines. Historical battles and campaigns and such so that you can keep playing your old marines, they can sell you them, and you can buy any new characters or things they come up with along the way.
>>
>>54356691
even the 1st and 2nd edition orks look quite nice so long as you give them arms from more modern sprues (otherwise they look a little too weedy).
>>
>>54360593
Yes they can because legacy marines are being phased out in the lore. Its not like they are being replaced the primaris marine procedure is becoming the new standard for new marines.
>>
>>54360134
>I don't actually believe that GW will try to phase out the old marines, as why would they get rid of them for primaris when they can sell both?
Because people don't have infinite money, stores don't have infinite shelf space and manufacturing doesn't have infinite materials and infinite man hours.
>>
>>54359804
Man, are you for real?
>>
File: dont-like-angel.jpg (93KB, 475x599px) Image search: [Google]
dont-like-angel.jpg
93KB, 475x599px
>>54360447
>>
>>54360670
Stop samefagging
>>
>>54355689
Chad marines are unironically cooler than space marines
>>
>>54360447
Learning to accept change and move on is a part of life. We all have to go through it at some point. Sooner is better than later.
>>
>>54359804
No, they should punish you because you're a SoBfag and the worst sort of subhuman scum. The fact that some autist's shitty garbage can-looking Eisenkern trooper with Statuesque heads ass conversions would also be invalidated is just a coincidence.
>>
File: DUST.png (643KB, 1022x731px) Image search: [Google]
DUST.png
643KB, 1022x731px
>>54360681
>>54356806
>>
File: InciteRage.gif (1018KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
InciteRage.gif
1018KB, 500x270px
>>54360688
>mfw I like Eisenkern Troopers
>>
>>54359860
Someone who is only passingly familiar with 40k would be unlikely to see a dreadnaught and immediately think 40k, I reckon.
A lot less likely than seeing a marine and making the connection, and probably even less so than a chad marine.
>>
>>54360345
It looks like a crappy 3rd party model. In fact it looks worse than some of the 3rd party ones I've seen.
>>
>>54360856
Yeah, they just look at it and go 'huh, a shitty mech design'.

Should have just replaced it with the Contemptor pattern. New Chadnought looks derpy as fuck.
>>
>>54360487

That's an honoured 4chan tradition, though.
>F40PH
>yiff in hell furfags
>>
>>54356398
Agreed they should have just said "here's the new mk x armour and new mk x units, have fun. Love the models (except for the reivers bald ass fucking heads, but that's okay we can just slap mk iv or intercessor heads on them) but the lore rape was silly.
>>
>>54360900

It's funny because all bipedal mech designs are shitty.
>>
File: JJy93CN.jpg (423KB, 1920x1975px) Image search: [Google]
JJy93CN.jpg
423KB, 1920x1975px
>>54360985
>all bipedal mech designs are shitty

Nah
>>
File: DG_Leviathan_Dred_2.png (408KB, 534x482px) Image search: [Google]
DG_Leviathan_Dred_2.png
408KB, 534x482px
>>54360900
>Contemptor pattern
not even best pattern
>>
>>54360627
Didn't Gulliman say he didn't like the Primaris?
>>
>>54361042

They're shitty as in "bipedal robots are inferior to wheeled/tracked/hover ones or ones with more legs".
>>
>>54361064
He calls them 'Cawl's abominations' or something to that effect at the end of Dark Imperium.
>>
>>54361064
No? How does that even make sense he commissioned them.
>>
File: bert.jpg (145KB, 1191x684px) Image search: [Google]
bert.jpg
145KB, 1191x684px
>>54361064
>>54361213
Are you saying Gulliman is secretly /ourguy/?
>>
>>54361231
Guilliman is a pragmatist, doesn't mean he has to like what he's forced to do by circumstance.
>>
>>54360345
That's a shit-ugly model.

>>54360685
True, the basic look is better. But they shouldn't have tried to wedge in the weird Primaris fluff and just admitted that new kits would be truescale.
>>
>>54361231
According to Dark Millenium, he reflects he doesn't even love his original 'sons' and can't stand the new Primaris™. He's aware he's basically become Emperor 2.0. and is just doing whatever is neccesary to save the species, hence he doesn't hold it against Dad for not loving him or his brothers.

So basically he's ordered the creation of the chadmarines, given a bunch of speeches about how great they are and how they should be proud to be saviours of humanity, sent them off to die against Chaos but really he wishes he'd never had to have them in the first place and could just sit back home on Macragge designing marble architecture and optimising tax policy.
>>
>>54361361
Strangely this makes me like him more.
>>
>>54351787
>ABLOO BLOO BLOO THESE NEW SPACE MARINES ARE TAKING AWAY THE SPOTLIGHT FROM MY OLD SPACE MARINES

fuck off, faggot. Almost any non-space marine army is more interesting and vanilla marines are the most boring by far. Go eat a dick
>>
>>54361464
>one dimensional space vampires/viking furries/gay hooded faglords are more interesting than a blank canvas with the largest variety of flavors from space guerillas to space sharks

Just means you're boring as shit.
>>
File: 1500548435.jpg (879KB, 462x1106px) Image search: [Google]
1500548435.jpg
879KB, 462x1106px
>Muhreens get a whole slew of new models and fluff
>AdMech still doesn't even have transports

Is this the plastic army men collecting version of first world problems?
>>
File: 1411552606603.jpg (392KB, 1250x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1411552606603.jpg
392KB, 1250x1126px
>>54361499
>non-space marine army
>only lists space marine armies
>>
File: 24626424.jpg (52KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
24626424.jpg
52KB, 800x600px
>>54361529

YOU GOT A PROBLEM WIF DAT YA GROT
>>
>>54361529
>vanilla marines are the most boring by far

He is also comparing non-vanilla space marine armies too.
>>
>>54360319
Battletech IS a ripoff of various big robots. There is nothing in battletech that looks like that exactly.
>>
>>54356806
>much opinions

People sharing their opinions does not lead to discussion.

What we don't have is people offering cogent arguments about why they hold those opinions. That is something that we could have a discussion about.
>>
>>54362936

You didn't offer a cogent argument as to why we should be having that discussion.
>>
>>54351993
Holy kek this is funny.
>>
>>54360345
Over design crap imo senpai.
>>
>>54351993
>counting unique shit other chapters can't use
>quadruple dipping on shit that all chapters use
>>
>>54351993
Look at IG fags complaining about not having regiments when they have more models than anyone else besides loyalist marines.
>>
>>54360319
Check the history of Battletech; it was just a bunch of nerds wondering which of their favorite mecha/vehicles would win in a fight.

This isn't really similar to the "original" designs, however. Mixing up a belly with a cockpit.
>>
>>54359860
>Its disgusting but it is disgusting since a long time so its good.
>>
>>54360319
>. That is just a BattleTech rip-off.
>>
>>54361361
Bobby G just wants to play space minecraft but people keep making him actually DO shit. Is he truly /ourguy/?
>>
>>54363896
>2k17
>GWkids finally accepted and praising superiority of Blizzard design
Hail Metzen! Fuck Blanche!
>>
>>54356000
>old marines
>not generic
laughinggirls.tiff
>>
>>54363896
>>54364065
Fuck off you blind niggers, the Primaris Dreadnought looks fucking retarded while the Viking looks nothing like it and looks badass.
>>
>>54364116
Why though. Which elements of the design are retarded?
>>
>>54356000
God forbid we have space marines with arms that are shorter than their legs for a change.
>>
>>54360530
Well, then you really shouldn't be on a discussion board if hearing other people's opinions makes you fanny-flustered.
>>
>>54364139
>Which elements of the design are retarded?
Belly, legs.
>>
>>54364182
I don't see it. Why are they retarded?
>>
>>54364196
Why do you think they look good?
>>
>>54364196
>I don't see it.
Not my problem, kid
>Why are they retarded?
Leg design is retarded because it didn't allow big constructs walk properly, unlike Viking legs.
>>
>>54364227
They're an armor-plated torso and armor-plated mechanical legs. They look okay in the same sense that a Rhino looks like an okay transport for 10 space marines.
>>
>>54364253
>Leg design is retarded because it didn't allow big constructs walk properly, unlike Viking legs.
This is your daily reminder that walking tanks are a shitty, unfeasible design anyway.
>>
File: yNlQWRM.jpg (865KB, 1813x2111px) Image search: [Google]
yNlQWRM.jpg
865KB, 1813x2111px
>>54364253
>Not my problem, kid
>But ERRYBODY NEEDS TO PAY ATTENTION TO ME WHEN -I- TELL THEM -MY- OPINION
>>
>>54364286
>This is your daily reminder that walking tanks are a shitty,
Yes, but if you still wants to make them you will need vikings legs, not new Dred.
>>
>>54364286

>>54360985
>>
>>54364311
A walking tank with whatever type of leg is going to be shit.
Viking legs - shit
Old Dread legs - shit
New Dread legs - shit

This is space fantasy, not hard sci-fi. Stop trying to argue that the new dread's legs 'don't work' compared to a leg design that is itself utterly inferior to the wheels on a 1948 Land Rover.
>>
>>54351895
I know i did and still prefer them to this day.
>>
>>54364309
> Imao your complaining is invalid because I didn't see any problems and I will use it as an argument!
>>
>>54352026
Beakie heads are easy to get.
>>
>>54364362
No, your complaining is invalid because it's completely based on 'muh feels', rather than something you can actually put into words.

You're like a triggered SJW when it comes to the design of plastic soldiers.
>>
>>54352118
It's not the Chads i am butthurt about, just the stupid hurr durr manlet shilling.
>>
>>54364385
/tg/ 40k players are at least 50% meme loving faggots sadly, you'll have to wait for the next big thing to come along to replace it
>>
>>54364373
>because it's completely based on 'muh feels',
Isn't it most important criteria when it comes to visual appearance, mr. Redshirtstein?
>You're like a triggered SJW when it comes to the design of plastic soldiers.
>says a man who went full "IDF"-mode when someone said that nu-Marines looks like generic space mens
>>54364385
Enjoy the viral marketing, you jst aren't posterboys anymore
>>
>>54361527
Them not taking transports is literally lore
>>
>>54364385
t. Roubooty-blasted Adeptus Restardes Marinelet Cuckdex Astartes
>>
>>54364463
>Enjoy the viral marketing, you jst aren't posterboys anymore
Those are still Space Marines, irregardless of new models and lore. And SMs are definitely the posterboys.

Plus, since the Primaris are explicitly described as bigger, the size discrepancy is likely to remain. Diminish, provided the range is updated to be more in line with Deathwatch sized marines, but still remain due to that very lore.

In effect, marinelets are here to stay, at least for a while. And that's assuming GW will update the range or have the marinelets be replaced altogether in the lore at some point.
>>
>>54364551
>And SMs are definitely the posterboys.
Dude, even SM codex cover have only Primaris on the main plan.
>>
>>54364551

Marinelets will die out because eventually they will all either be replaced by prime marines or upgraded to them. Don't kid yourself eventually everything is getting phased out. It might take a few years, but it will happen.
>>
File: Sad SM.png (1MB, 858x755px) Image search: [Google]
Sad SM.png
1MB, 858x755px
>>54360010
I salute you, venerable elder.
>>
File: openmouth.gif (16KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
openmouth.gif
16KB, 736x736px
>MFW I'm already proxying regular-ass bolter marines as primaris marines
>>
This sucks.
GW sucks.
/tg/ sucks
Life sucks
Can I just fucking die already
I just want to have fun. That's all I ever wanted.
>>
>>54364609
>I just want to have fun.
Maybe don't play any wargame.
>>
>>54364619
It's not my fault other people take just about everything seriously. Can't even have a small match without a guy playing to win instead of playing for fun.
>>
>>54364635
I didn't say it was your fault.

You said you just want to have fun. Wargames are not the most efficient way to have fun.
>>
>>54364635
Probably the worst thing about these hobbies is people who take it too seriously. I'd play with you if I could anon
>>
>>54356806
Wow, butthurt much?
>>
>>54364659
Sorry about that then.
Yeah I suppose wargames ain't the best community but I've already put in the effort to paint some chaos marines so I force myself to play every now and then. Any commurinty that isn't a festering hellhole?
>>54364663
Thanks man, means a lot to me.
>>
>>54364711
Maybe try not playing a comic book shop game and join a wargaming club?
>>
>>54364725
I'll try it but most are made of people who play to win or are a bunch of that guys. Most not all but enough to dishearten me.
>>
>>54364751
But clubs have way more relaxed atmosphere in general.
>>
>>54364568
SMs, the faction, are and remain the posterboys. And Primaris are still marines, they're just the new SM hotness and the iconic 8th ed design. The very first 8th is a Primaris helmet. Makes perfect sense.

>>54364569
The Primaris lore calls for comparison with marines right now. I acknowledge the marinelets might be on the way out, but not for a while yet. Not when they still have different rules, different unit structures, differences from the basic models supported by the lore. Not so long as GW is lazy enough to offer different design options to those who want them without updating the entire SM range.

And since Cawl is a borderline heretek, we might see some interesting developments. Probably not, but still fun to consider.
>>
>>54364152
You should probably reread the post you projecting retarded monkey
>>
>>54354848
I love the primaris marines.

And I respect the amount of jewery that went into their creation.

>Man, can't we make truescale marines already, the tiny, giant head, shitting themselves marines just look less and less like the artwork every day!

>Sure, but do some fuckery with the lore so we can sell both.
>>
>>54352029
Let me hit you with my bag of metal sisters, then maybe you will change your mind.
>>
>>54365438
Marketing wise it was a solid move for sure

I don't even mind the lore, I'm enjoying the changes to the setting for the most part
>>
>>54362936
Point conceded. The reason I don't like the Chad Marines as they are being called is they just don't aesthetically feel like 40K. They look like they are trying way too hard to be Stormtroopers, or Master Chief, or something from Destiny. They don't look like Space Marines their proportions are different the armor is too smooth and I don't like the TAC rails on the guns. It's like they're trying to call of shootify 40K and I don't like it.
>>
>>54365590
Great blog
>>
>>54365590
not him and i hate primaris, but saying they don't feel like 40k is a faulty arguement, it's just your brain saying no to change, they definitely look 40k, at most you can say they don't feel like old space amrines, but that's kind of obvious.
>>
>>54352029
>they might look better than my conversions which would just make me feel like shit about my girls

If the Sisters of Silence sculpts are any indication I don't think we have anything to worry about.
>>
>>54360740
He is just pissed that his marinelets are getting squated.

He is even more pissed about the fact that Dream forge SoB are bigger than his marinelets
>>
>>54360010
thats it let it all out
>>
>>54360688

I don't know why your automatic assumption when i said conversion was the Eisenkern trooper thing. Personally I don't care for that look.
>>
>>54361527
there's a reason why you weirdos cut off your lower legs and replace them with robotic limbs you know.

The moment you ride a transport, you just cut your legs off in vain
>>
File: Cain1.jpg (99KB, 800x770px) Image search: [Google]
Cain1.jpg
99KB, 800x770px
>>54363896
>>
>>54351787
>Buying shit and never wanting to buy new shit again
You are why car companies do planned obsolescence.
Cars USED to last forever, but oh shit, people wont buy anything if your 1960s Ford or Mercedes never die.
Now cars are shittier because you faggots don't understand that companies need to pay their employees and also do this thing called profit.

Eat shit and I hope they squat all the old stuff.
>>
>>54351787
30k is still going to use old style marines and make new releases for them, they're too far into it to change now.
>>
>>54367855
>my army is from 20 years ago
>I can't buy new stuff since there isn't new stuff to buy
>>
>>54367855
New cars are more efficient, goyim. No need to stick to old ones outside of sentimental reasons.
>>
>>54367855
>Now cars are shittier because you faggots don't understand that companies need to pay their employees and also do this thing called profit.
The fundamental flaw of capitalism. Competition doesn't give you the best possible product at the best possible price.
It gives you a couple of products (with some cosmetic differences for each price range, obviously) that constantly tip-toe the line between 'almost decent' and 'too shitty to get away with selling'.
>>
>>54367855
>new cars more fuel efficient
>new models... Has new hat...?
I don't think the comparison works with models specially if >>54367959 happens.
>>
>>54367927
>hey guys, check out this new BL HH book where a squad of strange, super-Marines comes in and saves the day out of nowhere

and then we can all cry together
>>
File: charlotte.jpg (46KB, 581x1008px) Image search: [Google]
charlotte.jpg
46KB, 581x1008px
>>54367855
>tfw 11 friends who are into warhammer
>tfw 4 more who sometimes play (etc a gf who borrows an army)
>tfw nobody minds conversions / old models as long as they look fine
>tfw never going to care about the direction gw is going
>>
>>54367855
Old cars are usually
>dangerous
>ugly
>costly / wasteful

While old models usually look somewhat fine.
>>
>>54363896
Blizzard is the God Emperor of ripping shit off.
>>
>>54368183
Dangerous I might grant, but it's usually operator error.
Costly? Possibly, but they're like any luxury hobby, but with cars it's really a matter of how much you can DIY.
Ugly? This is where I'd fight you. We have collector cars that are things of sculptural beauty. Cultural relics that need preservation for the good of mankind.

>CALLE ROAD, based captcha knows about cars!
>>
>>54369061
Pretty old cars aren't the ones that see much use, are they?
>>
>>54368411
You mean..?
>>
>>54369151
I see them semi-routinely. Especially in the summer months.

Depends on what we're defining as old.
>>
>>54369172
Not something I'd call "use".
>>
>>54369166
Every product Blizzard has ever released is a rip off of someone else's stuff.
>>
>>54369278
Like GW, but for video games.
>>
>>54367855
>also do this thing called profit.

fuck you.

This is why Communism is winning.

Capitalist parasites are the cancer that is killing America.
>>
>>54369297
Except Blizzard actually makes games that are fun and good.
>>
>>54369172
>>54369061
True, I give you that. There's plenty of pretty old cars about.
>>
>>54369325
>fun
>good
>blizzard game
pick two

Brood war is fun and good after years of fixing and random people making maps for the game. So not even their fun and good game is a creation of blizzard on their own.
>>
File: IMG_4357.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4357.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>54369325
>fun and good
Really now
>>
>>54369325
HS is a thing.
That bloody thing is never fun and good. It is just one of those. The game is either fun or good.

Wait... is blizzard the Schrödinger of games? They are either Good or Fun.
>>
>>54369493
>Pick 2
>pick blizzard game and good, but not fun

Out of curiosity, how can a game be good if it's not fun? Like I can see a game not being good but still being fun in some weird ironic not intended way or something, but I can't see the opposite.
>>
>>54369755
This is a (bliz/40)kidz thread now. No intelligent discussion shall prevail.
>>
File: E103--sonic-adventure.png (933KB, 1270x1566px) Image search: [Google]
E103--sonic-adventure.png
933KB, 1270x1566px
>>54360345

that body....
them legs...
it's like Humpty Dumpty died but the chapter didn't want to let him go
>>
File: marcille_reaction_face.png (223KB, 405x797px) Image search: [Google]
marcille_reaction_face.png
223KB, 405x797px
>>54369325
>Except Blizzard actually makes games that are fun and good.
Blizzard hasn't made a good game since WC3.
>>
>>54369755
Mechanic wise they can be good.
For example HS you might not like the mechanics, but they are good enough to work on their own.
The game is not fun to play, mostly because it is reduced to the meta of the week.

Another example is overwatch. I can't really bitch about the game itself. But the thing is boring.
>>
>>54356127
STOP BULLYING POLIO-DREAD!
>>
>>54369755
Aurora 4X Is good, but certainly not fun.
>>
>>54351787
GW fans are retarded.
Thread posts: 209
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.