[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Loyalists of Terra! I am broadcasting this across all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

>"Loyalists of Terra! I am broadcasting this across all vox frequencies, so that all may know that I have slain my father. The Emperor of Mankind is dead, his tyranny put to an end. To the people of Terra, submit. To my brothers, and their sons, lay down your arms, or you shall meet our father once more. There is no need for further warfare. I, Emperor Horus Lupercal, will now hold the fate of mankind within my hands, along with the rest of my brothers."

So would Horus be actually be capable of leading, or was he too far gone? And if given the choice, would any of the loyal primachs join him?
>>
File: IMG_0185.jpg (226KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0185.jpg
226KB, 752x1063px
Apparently prophets and farseers in The Cabal (especially the eldar) foresaw that his shame over patricide would drive him mad, and in his attempt to cleanse his shame he would become a more and more draconian tyrant. This would start a cycle of dishonor and shame and his inability to deal with it would eventually destroy humanity.

If the Cabal was right then the answer is no.

And honestly that makes sense. Horus was a warlord - this his title - and not a leader. He and his legion were savages not builders. Mortarion probably would have been the best choice among the traitors to take over, morbid and prejudiced against Psykers as he was the man was more level headed and self controlled than the others.
>>
>>54339324
Wouldn't Lorgar be the more appropriate choice? He is often compared to his loyalist brother Roboute as both of them did their best to not only conquer but build Empires in their wake. Sure his idea of a good Empire might be distorted by the time they reached Holy Terra but no more warped than Mortarion.
>>
>>54339324
Honestly, I think Horus would pull an Emperor and go back on the Chaos Gods, and slay his corrupted brothers. Mortarion, Lorgar, Magnus, Angron and Fulgrim would all be on the chopping block, while Perty, Cruze and Alpharius would stick with Horus.
>>
>>54339378

The difference is that Lorgar invited demons in with open arms. Mortarion realized they were bad news and only fights for them because he has to. So while Lorgar is a better empire builder, Mortarion would have a less pure evil empire that better serves the needs of people.
>>
File: spongebob_legions.jpg (501KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_legions.jpg
501KB, 1400x1400px
>>54338890
Did you forget the part where all of the chaos gods hate each other and would sic their chosen primarchs on the others?

The HH was a temporary truce between the gods to stave off their utter destruction. Just look at the Eye post-Heresy. Chaos fights itself as much as it fights the Imperium.

Chaos as it turns out is pretty chaotic.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.