[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 21

File: 1499918155140.jpg (825KB, 922x1229px) Image search: [Google]
1499918155140.jpg
825KB, 922x1229px
Previous thread: >>54324263
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/always-darkest-before-the-era-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Gimme your ideas for one-shots.
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54334113

Is it because they have to use dumbed-down versions of splats to make it "fair?" That's one of my beefs with non-VaSCU hunters.
>>
>>54334672
Hunters by all rights shouldn't have it fair, but can still win with planning and work. But how rigged the game is against them is half the fun, you know?
>>
So is the Sorcerer faction here atm?
Yesterday i started cWoD Sorcerer and there is some good stuff in there too.
>>
>>54334672
>>54334726
Hunters just have to not be stupid and actually plan out how to kill supernatural stuff. Anything aside from Spirits and Mages with high Fate / Forces can be dealt with via clever application of C4 and anti-material rifles.
>>
>>54327543
Hah. Not likely. WoD can't pay for their writers after all, who expects them to pay for good artists?
>>
>>54335055
I mean, just look at some of the art for Exalted 3e!
>>
>>54334726
This. Giving them powers that are comparable too the supernatural splats makes them useless imho.

>>54334817
Well C4 and anti-matter rifles are high level. A lot of times and old hunting shotgun and molotovs are enough.
>>
I have a dumb rules question about Vampire. Specifically the Auspex discipline, does auspex 1 reduce other discipline dificulties?

Specifically if it makes other auspex things easier? The dificulties of auspex 2 is 8 normally would it be 6 with auspex 1 sight active?
>>
Question /wodg/. In D:tD there's an ability called Clairvoyant Sight. "Concentrate on a person or place to see the subject across any distance with perfect clarity. You must have visited the location or met the person to target them". Would you allow this to scry the inside of a building just by passing it on the street?
Issue came up the other day and I want to make sure I'm not fucking over a PC by disallowing it.
>>
>>54335660
No, they need to have gone in to count as having visited it
>>
>>54335677
My counterpoint was that they could tag one of the staff if they needed recon without going in the place.
>>
File: 16.png (289KB, 611x869px) Image search: [Google]
16.png
289KB, 611x869px
You're at the club, macking on a kine, when this Bound slaps your ass

What do you do?
>>
>>54335660

I would personally go for the option that one would have to have visited the INSIDE of the house in order to scry on it, and that passing by it on the street wouldn't count. And, depending on the size of the building in question, they might have actually ventured a fair bit around the structure before I'd allow for the player to remotely scry the entirety of it.

Like, if they visit a massive abandoned military bunker, I wouldn't allow for the player to step right past the first door or maintenance hatch and then go "I KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS LOCATED!" from the get-go. If he's actually been inside most of the bunker already at some point in the past, then I'd say it's fine.

Probably 50-60% of the structure would need to have been seen or visited by the Player before I allowed Clairvoyant Sight on all of it.
>>
>>54335660
The question becomes does viewing the subject also include the environment the subject is in? I could see where this power could be very useful monitoring a contact suspected of being integrated with the God Machine or manipulating the Occult Matrix. Should the subject be within the area of an active GM plot that would be a good indication of a promising lead.
>>
Werewolf seems to have jumped up in the poll by quite a lot. It's almost at the Changeling level at this point. And Changeling also moved up a little too quickly. On the other hand, the number of votes is higher by seven than the number of backers, so maybe the votes will stop accumulating at this point.
>>
>>54335660
Doesn't work like that. Space magic is all about the picture of it you can make in your mind, how strong your connection is. If he was looking at a picture of the inside of the building, that would be serviceable for him to scry. But if he has no clue what it looks like on the inside, or elsewise has no connection to it, it's a no go.
>>
>>54335416
I am not finding the answer anywhere, can anyone please help
>>
>>54335660
He'd have to have been inside the majority of the building, by my reading. For >>54335864, I would say immediate surroundings (like, Joe Bob is in the main foyer; you can see Joe Bob and his immediate surroundings in the main foyer, and you'd then follow Joe Bob through the building). My precedent for this is the OWoD Clairvoyance power, which works this way, and is the most reasonable usage.

>>54336026
DtD isn't using Space Arcanum though. But some of the core conceits could still apply, I'll admit, but dont' compare every other power to it's Arcana/Magic equivalent.
>>
File: whatever cheese fries.gif (1MB, 952x400px) Image search: [Google]
whatever cheese fries.gif
1MB, 952x400px
>>54335766
I ignore him, because he's just an ugly kine and go back to doing my thang.
>>
>>54336029
spoonfeeding is against the rules
>>
>>54335864
>>54336186
My ruling for scrying a person or object is that it just locks you onto a 3rd person camera view
I wonder if my players will go with the tried and true recon slingshot / bow from the M:tA days
>>
>>54336186
>DtD isn't using Space Arcanum though. But some of the core conceits could still apply, I'll admit, but dont' compare every other power to it's Arcana/Magic equivalent.
My bad, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about a Mage game. But I still stand by my answer. It sounds like it works similarly, if he has to concentrate on what he wants to see and it has to be a thing he's been to or seen physically. How can he concentrate on it if he doesn't know what it looks like? And if he argues that he can just scry the outside and then go in, well then what's to stop him from going up the road and around the corner, to a place he never was? I wouldn't allow it.
>>
>>54336345
No worries, and I don't disagree. I was just pointing out that it's not a Mage game. Some of the core conceits (having visited, etc.) I think still should apply, sure, but mapping it 1-for-1 to a Scry spell is an exercise in madness. Obviously, sometimes the RAW needs to be RAI and take into account other powers that do the dame thing (like my referencing the OWoD Elder Auspex power, Clairvoyance, which does the same thing, requires you to have met the subject for a period of time or been within the location/be familiar with it).
>>
How much do we need to hit the pirate stretch goal?
>>
>>54336406
4k more. 20 days to go, it'll probably get hit. I hope Changeling still loses. Werewolf's sudden push of late is interesting too, I wonder if they can overtake Changeling and Mage? I'd prefer Mage/Geist but wouldn't weep over Werewolf/Geist.

Changeling can get the fuck out reeeeeeeeee
>>
>>54335416
Just apply basic logic
>>
>>54334812
W20 Kinfolk book has updated Numina btw.
>>
>>54336436
I just hope that if Mage doesn't win, somebody will pick up the era for expansion. Normally, I wouldn't care much, but the Mage history with Nassau would be a poor thing to lose in exchange for changeling... something.
>>
>>54336659

Isn't that going to be described in the Pentacle book anyways?
>>
>>54336580
Ah nice. So i have to raid the pastebin some more.
>>
>>54324643
>>54324669
>>54324696
>>54324779

Hey with Geist 2e, at least if we die waiting for it we can strike a bargain with some fucker and tell him he's playing the game wrong.

Also I guess use manifestations to compel some other person in the group he plays with to spout "MAGE SUPREMACY" out loud anything he's about to accomplish anything just to cause some in-party strife, because you know, we fucking died waiting for a book and need to get our kicks somehow because no one else is going to play that book. (Except maybe Age of Piracy Geist)
>>
>>54336786

If it doesn't make it into Dark Eras, I suspect it will take a trip across the Atlantic and a crowbar to stop the relevant author from putting it into the Pentacle book. But there it would only be a bare mention, not much more than it is now - in Dark Eras it would be a proper setting.
>>
>>54336898
Given how big Age of Piracy is as a setting for Mage, which splat do you personally think would also be the next most important setting wise for that Era?
>>
>>54336898
Dave, would you be willing to part with some interesting tidbit of information as to what we may expect from the era? Just a little something, to whet our appetites...
>>
>>54336898

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.
>>
>>54337003
>>54336898
Or clarify what was in the book as it is. What does the failure of Atlantean symbolism mean? Did magic stop working or start going screwy, or does it mean that mages who focused on Atlantean ideals and yantras in their magic suddenly got worse at the job
>>
Does anyone have the Mage 2e errata (CofD)?

It's not in the OP
>>
File: 1487254214888.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1487254214888.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
I haven't played wod in a while should I avoid the new stuff? I heard that white wolf turned sjwy
Also is this an actual thing
>>
>>54337847
>I heard that white wolf turned sjwy
>turned

nigga pls, they were always sjwy
>>
>>54336898
Dave, what's your favorite Path in Awakening?
>>
>>54337847
Yes that's real, and yes new WoD stuff is turning out to be hot garbage thanks to Swedish Dracula.
>>
>>54337855
But they went from "Look how edgy I am with my mohawk while I fight the man" to "I am an autistic omnisexual gopherkin with 37 genders"
>>
>>54337895
Didn't they get rid of Paths with a second book? Spheres or something?

And it's Thyrsus
>>
>>54337847
That's quite different from the portrayed "trans vampire killing trump supporters". The character is obviously a psychopath who says "if the victim fucks up/disappoints me, I kill them".
>>
>>54337847
If you are what you eat in 5e vampire does that make her a Trump voter in 2020 for eating all of them?
>>
>>54337925
>White Wolf

Don't you mean the tranny-filled cesspool that is OPP?

>>54338025
Yup. This is why you shouldn't trust the histrionics of the OPP forums and rpg.net and tumblr!
>>
>>54333101
Fuck that, make me, I'm not learning all new names.
>>
>>54338105

>the_nu_WhiteWolf_Defender has logged on

The game's still bad, 5e is still bad
>>
>>54338025
Is it not a trans vampire killing Trump supporters?
>>
File: takei-ohmy.gif (401KB, 245x186px) Image search: [Google]
takei-ohmy.gif
401KB, 245x186px
>>54338164
Of course, silly me, one mechanic and a shittily-written scenario makes the entirety of 5e bad. Based on the facts that we know next to nothing about the rest of it beyond some serviceable plot elements and a few mechanics that will obviously change after the pre-alpha stuff.

And it might be news to you, but there are some of us who do like the Hunger mechanic and some of the other changes (one roll combat, Discipline changes to Fort/Potence/Celerity).. It needs some tightening up but the core mechanic for Hunger is sound.
>>
>>54337895
He mentioned Thyrsus before.
>>
What would be your guess as to the unrevealed Mage book's topic? I would really like to see something detailed about the various cults, Labyrinths and Cryptopolies, relationships between various Proximi families and the Orders and so on.

Unless this is in the Tome of the Pentacle, of course.
>>
>>54338211
The outrage made it seem like the character actively sought out Trump supporters to murder because they are Trump supporters.
>>
>>54338295
>/tg/ outrage wildly blowing out of proportion anything related to trans anything
Are you really surprised by this? It's no different than
>rpg.net outrage wildly blowing out of proportion anything related to conservative anything

Both sides of the same stick, covered in dogshit, the only place to hold it is closer to the middle.
>>
>>54338247
All they've given us is a shit alpha and bad story direction decisions. Until the give us something good hate is warranted. In fact its all they've earned.
>>
>>54338345
What story direction decisions? Them not doing them, "Gehenna happened, we where wrong but shit changed."
>>
>>54338595
All the elder's moving off East and basically gutting the Cam to be boring 1%s instead of the game being about the jyhad, or say, literally everything else they've announced?
>>
>>54338674
What, the east coast or do you mean they all moved to Asia?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaUmHF5blE
Would Thyrsus with Forces be good for KISS Legacy?
>>
>>54338724
All those Scooby Doo crossover movies are weird as sin.
>>
>>54338698
The e is capitalized so I get the impression its Asia? And the elders are playing conflicts in the middle east. So yeah. Asia.
>>
>>54338332
While each loudly insists their side is clean as a whistle and that all the shit is solely on the other end, I might add.
>>
>>54338741
Every last one of them is amazing.
KISS and WWE were two of the best scooby doo movies ever made.
>>
>>54338295
He doesn't actively seek them out, but he still murders Trump supporters solely for being Trump supporters.
>>
>>54338747
Oh fuck that's right, Dracula is having the new games abandon the America's (Or just north) and making it Eurasia focused since they're europoors.
>>
>>54338698
There is a thing going on called Gehenna War. The vampires of 7th generation or lower were mystically compelled, unless they could somehow avoid it, to go to the East (implied ot be ancient middle eastern/pre-Biblical lands in modern times) to fight in the Gehenna War. The Sabbat followed, using the local fighting as cover for their activities in the area.

For a lot of us, this is cool, as it harkens back to 1st Edition Masquerade.
>>
>>54338765
No love for Zombie Island?

Also now I'm seeing the Gang as Hunter Cell, thanks.
>>
File: 1484113340404.jpg (43KB, 481x365px) Image search: [Google]
1484113340404.jpg
43KB, 481x365px
>nuWW apologists
Okay, guess I'll come back later.
>>
>>54338835
we're here forever anon
>>
>>54338790
Another classic, I forgot about that one. My favorite series was always the cross overs.
Scooby and Batman was pretty great.
Top tier was when they crossover with the Harlem Globetrotters. I knew a guy who thought the Harlem Globetrotters weren't even real because of that.
>>
>>54338835
I'd apologize for them after they got rid of that cunt Hill, too
>>
>>54338765
>WWE
Wasn't that the one with the Flaming-Ghost-Bear-Wrestler (Which is a Magath no matter what anyone tells me. Nature Essence is not the same as the Esscence generated around the WWE)

And JOHN CENA!
>>
File: Ghost_Bear.png (244KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost_Bear.png
244KB, 640x360px
>>54339099
Yeah it was. Such a great villain. Time to re-watch that movie.
>>
File: KISS.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
KISS.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>54338933
...Scooby Doo had some weird movies.

Weird not being the same thing as bad.

Yet more fuel for the KISS Thyrsus Legacy.
>>
>>54339170
Modern scooby got fucking batshit bonkers.

Especially with the WWE cameos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ubNqkhfVU
>>
>>54338785
>1st Edition Masquerade.
Even if 1st edition Masquerade was good as you alleged (personally its missing too many of the things I like, like a playable Sabat), the other game lines will suffer greatly from going back to that mess.
>>
>>54339200
I'm hype for racist sterotype werewolves again and even MORE sexist furies
>>
>>54339191
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ubNqkhfVU
I remember this!

It ended with the Gang rewriting time.

Also there were Nazi robots under the sea.
>>
>>54339219
Here's hoping the Black Furries are directly tied to the hatred present in modern day feminism.
>>
>>54339245
I can't wait for people to get mad that trans women can't be REAL Furies since they need to be able to give birth.
>>
File: Scooby Doo Robots.webm (2MB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
Scooby Doo Robots.webm
2MB, 856x480px
>>54339235
yeah

shit got weird

and weirdly intense
>>
>>54339263
It will be a nice contrast to the By Night Studios version which lets anyone be a Black Fury for some reason.
>>
>>54339264
What movie and/or episode was this from?
>>
>>54339307
The fuck is By Night Studios, how do they have Black Furies and why on gods green earth would they allow men into them.
>>
>>54339315
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooby-Doo!_Mystery_Incorporated

The entire thing is amazing
>>
>>54339315
Finale.

I think the Girl who gets killed was the daughter of a OG Monster.

Might have been the Creeper.
>>
>>54339374
Wow, she actually dies?
>>
>>54339264
Requiascat in pace
>>
>>54339354
>By Night Studios
They have the rights to the LARP rules for everything.
They did a solid job with vampire, but with their version of Werewolf everything feels very 'samey'. From totems being neutered down to not being unique, to every fera having 5 forms, to the aforementioned Black Fury open membership. Hell they even shoe horned into two competing camps to mirror the Cam/Sabat two group angle of things. And worst of all they added in 'the bite' where werewolves (and other gaian fera) turn people into werewolves with their bite. Or awaken the potential in dormant unborn or some shit. At any rate you turn people like you would vamps. It makes for a more balanced game, but overall it leaves much of the flavor feeling flat. That said is far tighter and cohesive rules than any previous WW product and is probably the best actual rules for crossover games somehow. They are doing Changeling The Dreaming Next. They are my secret hold out hope for a playable mage with how 5e is coming out, sadly.
>>
>>54339489

Yeah. They fix everything, so there's an alternate version of her that's alive, but obviously isn't her.

Cartoons nowadays aren't too shy to kill someone off. Sometimes they don't even undo it.
>>
>>54339512
So one of those, "Use the rules, stick with the old lore" scenarios?
>>
>>54339563
The changes make sense for the game that its intended for, large scale LARP organizations that need things more balanced to be fair.
>>
>>54339563
>>54339790
But yes, they still work with old lore if you want, its just missing some of the cooler say, rituals and totems that you use to be able to build characters and packs around, in exchange for a more even handed game.
>>
Feedback requested on the following vague idea for a Horror.

The leader of an in-universe ARG/internet celebrity who leaves behind complex riddles and mysteries for people to solve in exchange for favors and blessings, like a mix between Carmen Sandiego and Cicada 3301. He also has his own Mystery Cult composed of his fans.
>>
>>54339512
>Black fury

And get are nazis.
>>
>>54340463
So where a lot of clans/traditions/what have you that we can play, it's a thing of the past and has been mostly purged... Unlike the Black Fury membership and role restrictions.
>>
Would a Thyrsus Seer make for a good villain in a Forsaken Chronicle?
>>
>>54340874
I mean any Thyrus is a acceptable antag for a Forsaken chron because they share werewolfs big themes, spirits and body fuckery.
>>
>>54340874
Yes, but be prepared to make it the 'Big Bad' of your story.

Angry Thyrsus Masters are easily the final boss for any given Pack.
>>
>>54340937
He said Thyrsus, not Thyrsus master. Doesn't have to be that OP to be a huge threat given the spirit arcanum.
>>
Okay, Changeling is cheating in the poll again. It's been steadily rising in contrast to all the other splats and despite the number of votes being higher than the amount of backers already. It will probably overtake Mage in about half a day. The same as the last poll really. Geist and Mage lead at first, than Changeling cheats and gets to the first position over the course of about three days.
>>
>>54341574
They should just disqualify Changeling
>>
>>54341574
>>54341619
Clearly mage botted its way to an early victory and now that real people are voting changeling is over taking it.
>>
I feel like this poll is just going to repeat itself. Changeling starts cheating, then Geist and Mage cheat their way ahead of it.
>>
>>54341659
And then no one gets anything because they all cheat and instead we get Deviant/Best golden age of piracy.

Not that it Matters, Geist and Changeling have the most to lose since DaveB already said that Nassau will come up in another book if it isn't the dark era
>>
>>54339200

Nostalgia googles probably.

>>54338774
That would be cool cause Europe is far more interesting but 5e is steaming pile of dogshit.

>>54338247

>shittily written scenario

Niqqa. The scenario gives us enough stuff to determine 5e is shit.

>Camarillia is essentially a bunch of degenerates just fucking with Anarchs for fun but somehow they are the 1%ers too despite being way to dumb to reach such a position

>Anarchs are supposed to be likeable but they go full IS on the Cam despite dooming all Vamps with that

>Second Inquisition just is a tool to fuck the players so the game is not about politics but about Survival

>If the players show some common sense a Werewolf just fucks them over because reasons

>and as a German i can't begin to tell you how retarded the portrayal of berlin or the German police/secret Service is
>>
>>54341691
>Survival not politics

Nani the fuck senpai desu, that's not what I want out of FUCKING VtM, that's what you go to VtR for if you want it.

Also IS? how does a werewolf fuck the players over? (I ain't read the playtest and I'm not sure I want to.)
>>
>>54341635
Except Mage is rising at the exactly same rate as Geist. And I mean *exactly*. As in 12 to 15 votes difference between Mage and Geist all the time. All the other splats seem to fare the same. Changeling was at half the Mage votes and proportionally less Geist votes just yesterday.
>>
>>54341681
I would prefer a whole setting, not just some tidbits. In a way you could say Mage has the most to lose. That's an important period in Mage history.
>>
>>54341772
If it's 12 to 15 and not exactly the same number, wouldn't that be approximately?
>>
>>54341740
This. The whole playtest just fucks over the old VtM conventions.

The Anarchs start attacks with trucks (i think packed with explosives) against cam havens.

You have to smuggle the leader of your coterie out of the city (he is in torpor and your characters don't know how it works because vampirism is supposed to be spoopy...). If you leave per train or car the Second Inquisition fucks you (despite that being 600% unrealistic if you even know5a little Bit about the city or German police). If you just walk out of the city a Werewolf tracks you. No matter what. And you can loose him temporarily but he always will return because he has your Scent.

The whole thing is reaaally retarded.
>>
>>54341777
My man it was like a sentence or two, you guys are blowing it's importance out of proportion as far as I can tell.
>>
>>54341805
Sure, my bad. 2AM here.
>>
>>54341832
I don't know, anon. Things went down, apparently. Plus Dave just said that there would be more coming no matter what, even though it wouldn't be a lot. It's not like they're just making references to it for fun.
>>
File: Faction-Technocracy.png (30KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
Faction-Technocracy.png
30KB, 500x464px
I'm looking to try and run something in the WoD system, Classic Mage the Ascension with Technocrats. As someone relatively new to the setting(I know Vampire somewhat) I have some questions.
1: What kind of stuff works for a Technocrat game? My first idea was basically have them as specialists working to hunt down and destroy/capture rogue supernaturals and the odd mage/renegade Technocrat, but where could I go from there?
2:Just how hard to manage is the game as approached from this angle? I know Mage is the "How much time is a cow worth?" type of crazy, but does the Technocratic angle change that much?
3: Would M20 be better to run it, or an older edition? I keep hearing M20 is bad, but I forget if that was for gameplay reasons or just padding with sidepanels about transgenders.
>>
Idea for a Beast: a Sherlock Holmes/Inspector Gadget-like Ugallu Nemesis + Collector. He is like a Hunter of VASCU, in the sense that he sees his status as a monster as just a tool to do his job better, not an excuse to be a sadist or assume other monsters will like him. I'm imagining a calm, almost comically dutiful mechanical monster with a head full of scanning devices politely interviewing a criminal in his Lair, treating the whole situation like it's Tuesday. "Sir, please stop screaming, the more you cooperate, the sooner you will be released. Sir..." He'd also have a Moriarty/Dr. Claw like Hero as an enemy. This is meant to be both a homage and a parody of the hard boiled detective. So he'd less gritty and cynical and more friendly and whimsical. Is this a solid concept despite being a Beast? What might be a good Lair and supernatural Kin for him?
>>
>>54342389
Revised. M20 is shit for many, many reasons. Honestly though, it sounds like you want Hunter: the Vigil with the players part of either Cherion or TFV.
Either way, go to the SCP Wiki and read some of the Global Occult Coalition tales, they're more or less the Union with the series numbers filed off. Anything with Assessment Team Sparkplug is prime material.
>>
>>54337847

WE EAT BUTT
>>
>>54342505
Lair should obviously be a police station.
>>
What am I missing here? There are example characters in 1k of nights that have 5+ dots in disciplines but I can't find any actual rules on what that means.
>>
>>54340463

they even have a swastika for a logo ffs
>>
Why do people hate on Beast for the whole "You have to do fucked up shit" thing even though nobody minds it when Vampire does it.
>>
>>54342790
>5+ dots in disciplines

I think you mean Devotions
>>
>>54342832
Its the focus of Beast in a way that it is not in vampire.
>>
>>54342846

5e will fix that.

Thanks, Cuckula.
>>
>>54342832
Because Vampire isn't written like shit and doesn't preach about how Vamps are good people that are helping peopling by mauling them.
>>
>>54342866
Jesus fucking Christ autocorrect way to make me look like a retard.
>>
File: unknown.png (391KB, 596x831px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
391KB, 596x831px
Looka this shit, we probably won't get this level of quality in changeling 2e, fucking art budgets.
>>
>>54341832

>Overturning the symbolism of the Time Before

>not important
>>
>>54342864
Presumably if the comparison is Beast, we're talking about CofD here.
>>
>>54342790
Where are these examples? Page?
>>
>>54342866
I honestly think Beast works best if you refluff it to de-emphasize the fear part and really run with the "Embodiment of archetypes" theme.
>>
>>54342908
The symbolism stopped working for a small area of the world, thats a city level hook on the level of any other example city in core books. So It's 'important' but it's not SUPER important in the grand scheme, a mystery to be solved after ten years and it goes away forever or is a shadow of itself.

Though really I'd like a book of example cities or something, though honestly, I just want more books like The Pack
>>
>>54341818
From what I've heard of it elsewhere (and here), the rest of it is definitely pretty terrible and gm fiaty and bullshit, but sect warfare including things like truck bombing havens has been fully VtM standard fare for decades, famalam.

I mean, the war for NYC between the Cam and the Sabbat had way worse stuff, on the CAM side, than a few exploding trucks going after havens.
>>
This is probably autistic but I've found myself using gamelines sort of as self-help books with the various splats describing things about people that are worth looking at.
>>
>>54343185
How do you mean?
>>
>>54343070
I think part of the issue is that the truck bombing stuff is hitting a little too close to home for some people.
Going "lol the multicultural truck of peace was really done by Vampires!" is as cringy and insulting as going "lol the Nephandi did 9/11"
>>
>>54343464
>multicultural truck of peace
?
>>
>>54343509
The meme term for every time some ISIS fanboy kills people with a vehicle in the EU
>>
>>54343518
Ah. Well I suppose you should get used to things like that happening in nuWoD, since they want to mirror the current day political scene.
>>
>>54343591
>Implying I'll be playing that dumpster fire over Revised or nWoD
>>
>>54343591
There's a certain level of tact required to do that in an RPG (Which White Wolf lacks completely) as well as doing the real world groups / events and your setting justice and not using it to wank your own political viewpoints (Which White Wolf also lacks)
>>
>>54335766
Bound you say? I turn back and knock him in the snauze an tell him to go eat some sins and not be a worthless ungrateful.
>>
So I'm wanting to get into cWoD and plan to run a Geist game because one of my friends has always wanted to play a geist. Any tips on how to run a good Geist game?
>>
>>54343842
Read JJBA, make it a little more spooky.
>>
>>54343842
>cWoD
>Geist
Nigga what?
>>
>>54343918
Chronicles of Darkness... shit you right, sorry still trying to transfer over from saying nWoD all the time. In this case it was a failure.

Geist the Sin-Eater
>>
File: IMG_20170619_163725411_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170619_163725411_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4032x2268px
Okay so how the fuck do you get werewolfs in CoD WtF to rage? It seems like just hitting them with the triggers is super heavy handed as a GM, but other than that rage is really avoidable. How the fuck do you get rampaging beasts barely contained when nobody ever rages ever? Am I missing something?
>>
>>54343464

You mean the Ahl-i-Batin.

And they did.
>>
>>54343871
Give this man a cookie.
>>
File: Mean_Cat.jpg (28KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
Mean_Cat.jpg
28KB, 400x294px
>>54344058
>Okay so how the fuck do you get werewolfs in CoD WtF to rage?
>>
File: corgyLett.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
corgyLett.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>54344169
>>
>>54344240
woofs don't like cabbage?
>>
>>54344240
>Kuruth.gif
>>
Did that guy working on the Mircolite Storyteller hack ever get the Mage segment done?
>>
Feedback requested.

Name: Stand
This often takes the form of a Tattoo Gadget, but other stylish fashion items and weird equipment are also common. They often incorporate symbols and Hardware related to art and occultism, but mostly music, Tarot and mythological gods. A few have been made in the form of projectiles intended to forcibly awaken a Stand at great risk to to the target. The one who wears it has an invisible and incorporeal guardian by their side at all times, which may materialize at a moment's notice to defend them.

Exploits: Terrible Avatar + Stowaway + Fate Entanglement + Inflict Stigmata

Trigger And Activation: All that is required is simple reflexive concentration to summon or dismiss the Stand, but many Stand Users choose to be over the top (e.g. striking a cool pose, giving a badass one liner or acting in accordance with the symbology of the Stand). Also, when the Stand User is ambushed, the Stand may roll Wits + Composure to notice the danger for the Stand User and activate itself.

[Continued in the next post]
>>
>>54345147
Effect: Once Implanted, this Gadget makes the wearer a Stigmatic, with a Stigmata symbolically related to their Stand. The Stand works like a normal Terrible Avatar, but it does not prevent the Demon who created the Gadget from using their own Demonic Form, and it may use Exploits. Once per scene, the Stand User may spend 1 willpower point or suffer 1 lethal damage and roll Resolve + Composure, with each Success giving 1 Aether to their Stand (one Aether is gained even if the roll fails).

The Stand has a Maximum Aether/Per Turn determined by the Primum of the Demon who created the Gadget. Stands and their Users are considered to have a Supernatural Tolerance equal to the Primum of the Demon who created the Gadget. Stand Users may spend either their own Willpower or the Aether of their Stand to activate their Supernatural Merits. The Stand regains Aether per day equal to the highest between the Resolve and Composure of the Stand User (although the method for this restoration of Aether may vary depending on the Stand User).

The Stand exists in the Twilight frequency for the Astral and must remain near the target as per the Fetter Manifestation (but may mimic the Unfetter Manifestation by spending 1 Aether, and mimic the Materialize Manifestation for free). Any damage suffered by either of them is transferred to the other. Rumors exist of Stigmatics who have found ways to make their Stands “evolve” beyond their initial parameters, or even Stigmatics who have different versions of this Gadget as a “natural” part of their transformation, but have not been confirmed. There is also evidence that this Gadget is viral and hereditary in some way, and possibly a side-effect of particularly intense and/or spontaneous transformations into Stigmatics.
>>
>>54342718
The only reasons I've heard about M20 being bad is that Phil Brucato has a patronizing and hyperinclusive tone.

The mechanics are fixed and with three books so much more explained and detailed than in any other editions. The lore aspects presented are "you can make this part be like it is in Revised if you want, here's how".
>>
How exactly are Geist and JoJo similar? I admit, i only have a rudimentary knowledge of Geist, but i don't really see it.
>>
>>54345314
>Phil Brucato
>hyperinclusive

unless you're a Jew, or anything resembling a Western, white, Christian, hetero, cis-man
>>
>>54339200
Playable Sabbat was a mistake.
>>
>>54345426

From the most recent Kickstarter update

>Hi! My name is Monica Valentinelli and I am the overseeing developer for Dark Eras 2. I’ll also be developing individual chapters like Light of the Golden Sun for Deviant: The Renegade and Mage: The Awakening set during the Italian Renaissance.

Why is Monica developing the Deviant / Mage chapter in DE2 when DaveB is the actual developer for both Deviant and Mage?

I hope we don't soon hear an announcement from Rich saying goodbye to Dave and wishing him the best in his future endeavors...
>>
>>54345401
>your character is joined to a powerful spirit-ghost thing that usually looks really weird and gives you powers and helps you do stuff.

Its vaguely Jojo to start, and with the right abilities it can quickly become full Stand territory.
>>
What happens when a True Fae dies? I vaguely recall the ability for them to persist in a weaker state but I can't quite remember. And what happens to their realm in Arcadia?
>>
>>54345698
That's when they get exiled.

Generally to 'kill' one truly you need to strip them of all their titles first, and break them down to effectively being nothing. They are no longer worth being a being.

Then you can kill them, and Arcadia will forget them.
>>
>>54345723
I don't think they get exiled in such a manner.

After you strip them of their Titles you can then aim for their Name, which would erase them.
Exiles can happen regardless, oftentimes due to conflict with another Fae.
>>
>>54345723
>>54345741
But if they're killed, there's no chance at coming back? And their realm is Arcadia simply ceases to exist?
>>
>>54345833
The Gentry could very well return.

Have a read
http://theonyxpath.com/the-true-fae-changeling-the-lost/
>>
>>54345741
You misunderstand.

> I vaguely recall the ability for them to persist in a weaker state but I can't quite remember

Is them being exiled, which is what I meant.

The stripping of titles is to kill them, which is different.
>>
What would be good "get your feet wet" antagonists for starting level Mages in Ascension?
>>
>>54346036
Vampires

Hunters even
>>
>>54346036
HIT Marks!
>>
>>54345858
Thanks.
>>
>>54345485
>Why is Monica developing the Deviant / Mage chapter in DE2 when DaveB is the actual developer for both Deviant and Mage?
Because Dave is busy you stupid fuck. If he wants, he can write it.
>>
>>54346058
Vampires are going to become a bigger thing later in the game, want to slowly roll the players in.

>>54346068
Whaaat? Even basic HIT Marks have five dice worth of Primium countermeasures, soak with 9 dice (aggravated damage with 4) and have Str+3 dealing claws with a 8 dice attack, not to mention all their weapons. That's terrifying, not a starting level encounter!

I'm thinking something that can guard a plot item but the players can outwit.
>>
>>54346120
>Because Dave is busy you stupid fuck. If he wants, he can write it.

Maybe he can actually finish SIgns of Sorcery, and even get to work on Tome of the Pentacle.

It would nice to see a supplement or two before CofD 3e,
>>
So it seems like I'm finally gonna be running the game of Werewolf I've always wanted to run

My players have little to no experience with CofD, and I'm trying to decide if I should have them make a full pack, or have them create just their Werewolves and then run them through a Zakmur-Dah story to figure out the rest of the pack. Thoughts?

I'm also considering starting off the first story by having a moon rock land in the middle of their territory, with all that implies.
>>
>>54346036
Armed Sleepers. Get them used to operating with and around Paradox.
>>
>>54346160
We'll get Signs as a stretch goal for Awakening: 20
>>
>>54346036

Archmages
>>
>>54346349
>newbie magicians
vs
>supreme wizard

Of course
How else are they going to learn?
>>
>>54346202
Good point. Maybe the sleepers are being ordered around by some supernatural entity that the party will eventually face and get to go ham on.
>>
>>54346551
I mean, you're doing Ascension so I don't know jack.

But in Awakening (which is better by the way), the main antagonist mages love to use and abuse sleepers, and it helps them that 'good' mages can't always handle doing their work in front of normies.
>>
>>54335766
I go all social justice on the sexist pig.

>>54336436
As a side note, I hope that the era will have Geist 2e rules, it would be pretty retarded if with coming 2e Geist core it still had 1e.

>>54337578
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxveHUKxwBU9UUZ4UjZJdEhIM2c/view
But final version of Mage is already corrected.

>>54339263
On the other hand it opens door for trans man Furies.

>>54342840
No he really meant disciplines.

>>54342919
p. 112, Jack has Celerity 7 (there might be more, but this one stuck in my memory). Although in case of Celerity it's obvious how would it mechanically work, I'm still against 6+ disciplines.
>>
>>54347128
Is Deviant supposed to be out before Dark Eras 2? Or is DE2 going to be our first exposure to Deviant rules?
>>
>>54345147
Tbqh I don't like it at all. Firstly and most importantly it's really overpowered. Secondly the Stand is in Twilight which is kinda problematic, because as you might have noticed, Twilight is supposed to be Demon's weak area. At least it's Mental Twilight (I suppose you mean that by Astral) and not angels' Twilight. Thirdly when you post homebrew and refer to other homebrew can you link them as well ffs? Are we supposed to search it ourselves even when it's you who wanted feedback? (I found just Fate Entaglement, dunno where is Stowaway from and what is it supposed to do)

>>54345485
Mark my words if it's not DaveB who does "Light of the Golden Sun", it will be surely shit.

>>54347159
I hope that if Deviant started to be developed earlier, it will be also finished earlier.
>>
>>54347128
>Jack has Celerity 7

Strange that they would mention this without any mechanics given.
>>
>>54347128
>I'm still against 6+ disciplines
There's nothing wrong with them. I think that Vampires should have Archmage equivalents.
>>
I thought ATYoN wasn't going to be the Imperial Mysteries of Requiem?
>>
>>54347351
>He fell for it
>>
>>54347316
>I think that Vampires should have Archmage equivalents.
>>
How do you guys feel about the cult movie The Craft when it comes to Mage? Not the 90s Wicca stuff as much, but more about the consequences of using magic, selfishness, personality getting twisted by power, all that?
>>
>>54347920
It's a good reminder that hubris is bad mmmkay
>>
>>54347929
I mean sure, but does that even really matter to nWoD Mages unless they purposely goof stuff up?

Mage's themes get a little goofy when half the time they are treated like the good guys with a few bad apples that need to be removed.

Oh no, hubris!

Oh but not you PCs, you guys are fine.
>>
>>54343070
Thats not the point famronili.
The whole City is swarming with Second Inquisition when they pull that move, so they are essentially dooming themselves.

I like this stuff like truck bombing but in this situation it was Really retarded.
>>
>>54341691
>>54341818

There are some huge assumptions that the playtest does not convey on "how is this supposed to be played". Many players do not come from an environment that regularly speaks of 'steering' and 'playing to lose'.

The scenario is written more like a Nordic LARP than a tabletop adventure. The emotional framing of the scenario is about trying to manage and survive with the burden of your atrocities. These selfish, tainted characters have to try and convince others that they thought their actions were justified, beg for forgiveness or attempt to flee from the consequences. The perspective of the characters is different from that of the players. The story is one of evil punished and brought to justice, but the spotlight and freedom of action is on the villains, not the heroes.

The player character dynamics have been written to evoke highly emotional scenes where one character grabs another by the collar, slams them against a wall and screams in their face. Jealousy, possessiveness, loathing, shame. Characters hissing "don't drag me down to your level" to try and hide from their own guilt and uncertainty. Nowhere is safe, you're stuck together and the pressure keeps on building. The only way for these individuals to vent that stress is to direct it at the other player characters.

A dramatic TPK or a pyrrhic victory at best is the intended conclusion of the scenario. The villains suffer for their sins or lose the only things they care about. Some form of justice prevails. An old, powerful story, portrayed through the eyes of the bad guys.

I expect the scenario was written to stress three things:
- Return of personal horror and focus on the social/emotional drama
- Establishment of metaplot/setting assumptions
- Mechanical scenario that throws as many obstacles in the way as possible to test the system.

The cultural assumptions on how the game is meant to be played are missing. I think that is the key component to all this.
>>
>>54338785
>For a lot of us
you are literally the first person from whom I have heard that assession
>>
>>54348585
This.

>>54348518
If they choose such a scenario to showcase 5e I am fairly certain it will be horrible. It basically belittles and overlooks all the elements i like VtM for.
>>
>>54348628
Would love to hear what you like VtM for.
>>
>>54348832

>Politics and Intrigue
>Camarillia as a functioning setting
>Masquerade is intact and Hunters are more of a discrete and indirect danger
>"global politics as in your City and Vamps are Part of a transnational organization with political consequences that might even affect your single city
>>
>>54348957
Can you name a single VtM premade adventure that had those elements?
>>
>>54349014
>premade adventure

Oh cmon. We all know the premades were shit.

Its more about the very reasonable assumptions about the overall setting one can very reasonable make.
>>
>>54349014
>>54349030
What I really meant to say is that premade adventures are generally "important events" in the game world, whereas your own campaigns have a more wide focus. You can't make a one-shot adventure that is about extensive political maneuvering because those tend to take time and multiple sessions to manifest.

Like I said before, I think the scenario was written to drive home three points:
- Return of personal horror and focus on the social/emotional drama
- Establishment of metaplot/setting assumptions
- Mechanical scenario that throws as many obstacles in the way as possible to test the system.
>>
>>54349052
>Return of personal horror

Really badly. The new mechanic was disappointing.

>metaplot/setting assumptions

Yeah and these implications are what I really don't like. And the weird political undertones.
>>
>>54342505
Remember Sherlock had his addictions, and don't forget his Dr. Watson...
>>
>>54340874
An Exarch called the Nemesis is the Seal of Spirit. It's making sure that humanity doesn't know about the Shadow, so they keep on mucking it up and reaping the consequences. It's reasoning hasn't been written up, but consider this train of thought: Punishment of crimes is good, so it's desirable to encourage crimes so they can be punished. Add in collective responsibility and the belief that trying to rise beyond that vicious cycle is like trying to weasel out of punishment - really, REALLY abhorrent.
There's also some similarity to the Uratha, as far as they both try to keep humanity uninformed.

To answer your question: "Well, duh!"
>>
How often do you let your Wild Magic Sorcerers roll for Wild Magic? After every spell? Why is the rule formulated like a possibility?
>>
>>54350227
There's also Raptor to consider.

Raptor being the Exarch of Life.
>>
>>54345401
Similarity lies mainly in geist/Stand comparison.

Above that, both Sin-Eathers and stand users are weirdness magnets that encounter some really unique and bizarre stuff.

Both Sin-Eaters and Stand users are rather down to earth people in a mad world using their powers to make their life better, and possiby fight threats to their corner world.

The biggest hurdle is the fact that 1ed Sin-Eaters had insanely broad powers, while many Stand Users have very specific ones. The latter were required to maneuver to deny their opponents advantage while getting it for themselves.
>>
>>54347995
>Oh no, hubris!
>Oh but not you PCs, you guys are fine.

You're playing Mage wrong, or at least boring.
>>
Rather new player to a V20 game and i'm playing a neonate Ventrue. What sort of allies/contacts should I try and establish as an up and coming child of the prince? Don't have Mentor, but I got lawmen's friend.
Just need like a general idea of what grounds I should cover in case my coterie does something stupid so we can cover our own masquerade violations.
>>
>>54350313
True, though nothing stops a Seer from worshipping an Exarch of another Path entirely. Using Nemesis is most on the nose, but most Ministries may do something Uratha could disapprove of.
>>
>>54350684
Well a good Lawyer comes in handy and ofc someone in the force that has the necessary influence to delay/prevent inspection of a crime scene so Masquerade breaking stuff can be removed.
>>
>>54342905
I know, that's complete crap unto itself, big eyes small face anime low quality garbage typical of an amateur dragged up from some deviant art gallery.

And even that's beyond what one can expect of OPP now, because it's all this incestuous, nepotism over quality focus in art and even moreso in writing (Jesus H. Christ, who is Russel, er.. Rose Bailey fucking now at OPP for chrissake, or is it just sympathy/Transtrend pandering?)
>>
>>54350684
>>54350778
New player here, what about I guess gearing up folks with hard to acquire items(Illegal), would that be a Contact or an Ally?
>>
>>54350974
I's not that hard to find good artists that work on commission / consignment either.
Shit, give me 20 minutes on Artstation or HentaiFoundry and I could find a better artist then anyone OPP / WW hires for probably half their price.
>>
>>54351401
In general, Contacts should only provide you with information, and Allies can get you favors. If your ST also uses the Influence background, you can use that to the effect you're wanting as well.
>>
I had an idea for a fansplat I wanted to get /wodg/'s feedback on. Outsider: The Unwelcome. Basically, you're a being from some other world/reality that somehow wound up in ours. Powers would be based on summoning things from that world, manifesting a true form, or forcing physical laws from it to apply here. Morality stat would be how well you can make yourself fit within our reality, low levels would mean that weird shit started happening and you couldn't retain form as well. Is this a horrible idea or could something be made from it?
>>
>>54351668
So you're basically doing that fix for Beast of "Make it more like Demon"? I can get behind that, anon. Go for it.
>>
>>54351699
I was thinking that the two subsplat types would be world of origin and general goals. For goals I was thinking this split:
Homebound: They want to get back to where they came from
Missionary: They want to make our would better, whether that means better or more like theirs varies
Scholar: They want to learn all the secrets of this reality
Entrepreneur: They want to live well, and make the best of them being here
And maybe, depending on whether it could be done well/sufficiently distinguished from Missionary
Guardian: They want to act as a shield against the nastier sides of the supernatural
As for world of origin, I don't have any good immediate ideas. Does anyone here?
>>
>>54347194
Well, aren't the JJBA Stands also in a Twilight-like state? I can certainly change to be the Twilight frequency into that of Angels. And overpowered in comparison to what?

The Fate Entanglement and Stowaway Exploits are from here:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/demon-the-descent/837712-homebrew-embeds-and-exploits?p=837729#post837729
>>
>>54351668
>>54351668

Sounds a bit like Alien: the Stranded, except with more focus on summoning and less on getting home.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bqenEJzcTh7ZqNjnTByNUAIlq4BeomHLWrI1wJ8vtc4/edit
>>
>>54351936
The other big difference I was thinking of is that Aliens tend to have a bit more purpose, and there's the salvage/conspiracy aspect, whereas Outsiders I was imagining almost like a playable and less inherently destructive version of an Abyssal manifestation.
>>
>>54352044
I was also thinking that they would have a lot more direct power at the cost of being innately not supposed to exist, sort of like Demonic glitches or Promethean disquiet. I was also thinking at least one of the origin/power subsplats could be based around differing rules of space/non-euclidean type stuff, with abilities like teleportation, making doors lead anywhere, keeping a car in a briefcase, or stuff like that.
>>
>>54350227
>Punishment of crimes is good, so it's desirable to encourage crimes so they can be punished

Someone got my Judges of Duat into your living symbols of tyranny I see
>>
>>54352302
Two great tastes that taste great together is what I mean. Reeses pieces of evil
>>
>>54334297
>geist and mage winning the Golden Age of Piracy
Thank god. Now we just need Geist 2e.
>>
>>54352342
And we will finally know, why is all the ru- er, I mean water gone from the Underworld. And we will finally get playable Ghosts. Oh, the potential of Geist 2e.
>>
>>54352342
Mage is unfortunately winning by only 11 votes, though. Knowing Changelingfags, they will do anything to get their era-irrelevant splat through.
>>
>>54352404
I really want Geist 2e to not be shit.
I want me some JJBA - Ghostbusters edition.
>>
>>54351845
>And overpowered in comparison to what?
Overpowered compared to Demon the Descent game and it's general power level. I don't know the anime and didn't know it's supposed to be based on it. If you do some anime themed game, knock yourself up. You can also consider Princess the Hopeful.
>>
File: 1498714362455.jpg (32KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498714362455.jpg
32KB, 638x480px
>tfw stuck in trench
>Pvt. Thomas was picked off by a machine gun during a push a week ago
>he has yet to stop screaming
>you'd love to go there and help him or just shut him up but you've yet to spot him in the mud
>fucking ghostly echos
>the Bloodstained Valkyrie urges you to find him, making sleep even harder through the shelling and screaming
>you have a sneaking suspicion that you have shot the same Fritz three times now
>wouldn't be a problem but he cuts the barbed wire at night
>the doc keeps giving you looks since the Valkyrie pulled you back from No Man's Land

I'm real excited for Dark Eras 2.
>>
>>54352482
Did they bot up again? How close are we to the 45k goal when it gets cut off?
>>
>>54352905
>Summoning a Ghost to punch shit is OP in D:tD
>The game where being the unholy combination of Max Payne and John Wick is possible right out of chargen
>The game where you can transform your arm into a remote detonating motor sniper and stop time also at chargen.
>>
>>54334297

Anybody done a vampire or hunter game set in Czechoslovakia during the cold war?
>>
File: K_8be3f4_6266766.jpg (183KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
K_8be3f4_6266766.jpg
183KB, 640x960px
>>54353306
Cheeki: The Breeki
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54351547
>I's not that hard to find good artists that work on commission / consignment either.
>Shit, give me 20 minutes on Artstation or HentaiFoundry and I could find a better artist then anyone OPP / WW hires for probably half their price

>Swole Jawa is not amused
>>
>>54352997
Don't forget going loud aka Super Saiyan Suicide
>>
>>54353497
Swole Jawa rule34 when
>>
>>54352992
Considering that they were steady at about half the number of votes of both Mage and Geist for the first two or three days, yeah, I would say they somehow botted up again. And considering that we need to get over three thousand before the poll closes, with the gain of 200 per day, I would guess it will take around 15 days to have the poll finally end.
>>
Question, can you take a Legacy that allows you to gain your inferior Arcanum as Ruling?
>>
>>54353835
That's the optimum way to do it.
>>
>>54353306
>Anybody done a vampire or hunter game set in Czechoslovakia during the cold war?
Socialistic state and vampires sounds like rather challenging setting but doable. Check out "Wampir z M-3" by Andrzej Pilipiuk if it's available in your language for similarly themed vampire story.
Hunters sound bit better, they could operate under the guise of workers' militia, torn between their desire of wanting to help their fellow men by killing monsters and necessity to appear as exemplary workers and communists.

>>54353342
Czechoslovakia is not eastern enough for that, comrade.
>>
>>54353849
I wonder what will happen to the effects of Annulities, when used against this kind of Mage. Also, I hope that these types of Mages with no Inferior Arcanum are at least mentioned in the Signs of Sorcery.
>>
>>54350684
As Ventrue you'll get to use Dominate both for removing memories and acquiring assets.
>>
>>54351401
Both can get you illegal items. A Contact among gun traffickers can sell you stuff. An Ally among the same can sell it to you cheaper, or take minor risks to get it done.
>>
>>54353498
Except it doesn't really kill them.

That makes it Super Saiyan Serial Suicide.
>>
>>54354231
I more meant the fact that it's a big, glaring HEY LOOK OVER HERE to the God-Machine.
>>
>>54354231
>>54354238
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D9_5Qiik9c
>GoingLoud.mp4
>>
>>54354238
>Not having burner covers.
What else are you gonna do with that 1 cover angel-jacked animal cover you have?
Do you want to get captured by the God-Machine?
>>
>>54353899
The same as any other Mage, I guess. If you get Mind Ruling as a Thyrsus, you can no longer make Annulities, and the existing ones muck up your spellcasting.
>>
>>54354238
I don't dispute that fact. I simply wanted to push your alliteration further.
>>
>>54353818
This honestly makes me kind of mad. Fuck changelingfags
>>
>>54354283
What Legacy could a Mastigos take to get Matter Ruling?
>>
>>54347128
Sure, if the trans men want to be mothers.
>>
>>54354319
"Twice as many of you want a more era-relevant splat to get the era? Nah, fuck you, I'll get mine 'cause my opinion matters more."

Changeling was also immensely popular in the first Dark Eras book, but now I wonder. Is this lack of common decency and ability to lose a trait of Changelingfags in general?
>>
What are the other sites saying about the poll?
>>
>>54354412
A Legacy gradually changing your body into an android, with your mind still attached to it as it would be to a living body?

#IsThisLeftHanded
#NotAllLiches
>>
>>54348518
which makes it great for experienced and mature players, but terrible for newbies. Its a great way to frame STs as controls dick waffles getting off on screwing people over.
>>
>>54354503
Also, think of Fullmetal Alchemist or Deus Ex if you want an inspiration.
>>
>>54353899
>Annulities
What is it? I don't know 1e much.

>>54354431
>mothers
They are now called "birthing individuals", anon.
>http://www.huffingtonpost.com/trevor-macdonald/transphobia-in-the-midwif_b_8131520.html
>>
>>54354505
I would assume the alpha playtest for WoD Berlin is more for the established fans and the Gencon one will be more newbie friendly.
>>
>>54354485
They were whining that their favorite Changeling isn't doing well, so they botted it.
>>
>>54354536
A Mage with a makeshift body because he lost his would be a neat concept, but how would it be done? It's also funny to think that Alchemists in FMA are essentially Moros, with the focus on matter and souls.
>>
>>54354571
>It'll get better later
so we agree right now its not good
>>
>>54354611
FMA is some weird mix of Life Matter and Forces. It's a pain in the ass to do right in Awakening (and Ascension, because "It's science I swear!" doesn't stop the Dox)
>>
>>54354630
That's not at all what I said. I like the new system more than the old one, though I think the numbers and results of Hunger/Compulsion need to be tweaked.
>>
>>54354683
>It needs work
>It'll get better later
So we agree right now its not good
>>
>>54354412
The Austere
Celestial Masters
Lords of the Inanimate
Tamers of Rivers
>>
>>54354722
It's good, but unfinished. The combat system is better than cWoD's already. Fuck "win initiative, win the fight".
>>
>>54354789
>System needs work
>Plot is terrible
>It needs work
>It'll get better later
How many times do we have to agree?
>>
I need to come up with puzzles and mysteries for my upcoming Ascension game. Something that can't be solved with a quick handwave from Arete 3 mages. Any ideas?
>>
>>54343842
>>54344055

Geist 1e is kind of a mechanically mess with a lack of direction, though it can be fun. Unfortunately 2e probably won't be out until around the end of the year though.
>>
>>54354540
Good luck getting a Get, Silver Fang or Fianna agreeing to that kinda stuff.
>>
>>54352586
>JJBA - Ghostbusters: Cobra Unit Version.
FTFY
>>
>>54352905
>If you do some anime themed game, knock yourself up.
...Anyone remember if there were rules for Inter-Splat pregnancies?
>>
File: Going Loud.gif (4MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Going Loud.gif
4MB, 320x200px
>>54354273
I have a gif for this!
>>
>>54354540
>What is it? I don't know 1e much.
You know how you can use a Soul Stone to create a Demesne - a zone that aids casting of your Ruling Arcana? Annulities are the opposite. They create zones that hamper the use of your Inferior Arcanum.
>>
>>54355374
Ah, thanks. I thought however that Demenses help all casting, not just ruling Arcana.
>>
>>54355517
Demesnes are paradox free zones, but I think they give an active boost to spells of the Ruling Arcana of the maker's Path.
>>
>>54353879

>challenging

It would be more about survival imho. Commie states would be hell for Vamps.
>>
>>54354838
Until he lowers his blinders and admits it's shit.
>>
>>54355820
Yeah, just look at how fun Vietnam was for the Carthian movement.
>>
A kind n' wise grandmotherly Acanthus Master, always open to aid her lost Changeling 'children'

Is it feasible?
I'm just assuming that not all Mages are total dicks to the orphans of the Hedge.
>>
>>54355877
>not all Mages are total dicks

L O L

>Arcanthus are the biggest dicks, even among mages
>>
>>54355877
The Acanthus are either the worst kind of enemy a Changeling could possibly face, alongside Hunstman and Gentry (what if they teamed up? *shudder*) but potentially the greatest ally as well.

It would be very easy for an Acanthus to become best friends with some Changelings, for very obvious reasons.

Or downright hated.
>>
>>54355941

It's not trueeeeee, I don't believe you.
>>
>>54355865
Not an nWoD guy but i assume a war thats famous for Napalm usage and extensive bombing must me hell.
>>
>>54355877
>wanting to play a changeling's fairy godmother
This seems like a good way to get stabbed in an ally by some strungout changeling who ain't going back but give it a shot.
>>
>>54355963
They are, or they're at least the most frustrating to deal with. Time and Fate are OP as fuck, and they have both of them as Ruling.
>>
>>54355877
Make that old woman an Archmage instead.

Have her display that the True Fae are definitely not insurmountable.
>>
>>54355990
How is that a valid reason for a mage to get stabbed? Why would the mage want to bring them back over to the Hedge?

How does one even stab someone with Time 1.
>>
>>54355972
Now I'm just Imagining a variant of the Brotherhood of Ypres based on Agent Orange.
>>
>>54356030
>Why would the mage want to bring them back over to the Hedge?

Research?

A deal with someone who could actually offer the mage something of value, like a gentry?

Just to see if they can (remember, mages are top tier assholes)

>How does one even stab someone with Time 1

Magic!
>>
>>54355990
>ambush acanthus in an alley
>pulls out knife
>it was just as planned
>gets stabbed instead
>>
>>54355963
>It's not trueeeeee, I don't believe you.

Acanthus make Mastigos seem friendly and Obrimos modest and reserved

Time and Fate are definitely the Asshole Arcana(tm).
>>
>>54356067
Somehow I have a hard time believing that Changeling magic is going to out-trump an Acanthus' own magic.

Not that it isn't possible.
>>
>>54356070
>"I'm gonna stab you in the face!"
>"But it's opposite day."
>"Oh NOOOO!"
>>
>>54356124
Does that mean the changeling gets stabbed in the butt then?
>>
>>54356153
...yes.
>>
>>54356094
I always thought Prime was the asshole Arcana.
>>
File: stop.png (386KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
386KB, 1600x1200px
pls no bully changelings
>>
>>54356220
>I always thought Prime was the asshole Arcana

Prime is one of the few abilities that actually let you adequately defend against supernal magic. It's only an asshole Arcanum when one mage is dealing with another.

When dealing with other supernatural riff raff, Prime is downright warm and cuddly compared to the havoc you can wreck with Time and Fate, no less to a changeling.
>>
>>54356320
>not bullying changelings

Why do they exist if not to be bullied?
>>
>>54356371
>When dealing with other supernatural riff raff, Prime is downright warm and cuddly compared to the havoc you can wreck with Time and Fate, no less to a changeling.
Now I'm just thinking about how an Acanthus with Prime would work.
>>
>>54356320
When they stop trying to push their weak shit in the polls is when I'll stop taking their lunch money.
>>
>>54356418
>Now I'm just thinking about how an Acanthus with Prime would work

>Obrimos legacy with Fate as a ruling Arcanum would probably be a bigger ass than an Acanthus
>>
>>54356541

>"the truth is you suck"
>"...my feelings"
>>
>>54356541
>>Obrimos legacy with Fate as a ruling Arcanum would probably be a bigger ass than an Acanthus
>"Those were Probability Alteration Missiles, They negate any probability of a target defending against them."
>>
>>54356541
>Obrimos legacy with Fate as a ruling Arcanum would probably be a bigger ass than an Acanthus
>Ends up in a Dickwaving contest with an Acanthus from a Prime Ruling Legacy.
>>
>>54357006
>>Ends up in a Dickwaving contest with an Acanthus from a Prime Ruling Legacy.

Nope, they'd be buddies, spending their free time picking on changelings, or maybe incinerating a vampire or two for variety.

Although, the Acanthus would definitely be the bigger asshole to non-mages since they would possess both Fate and Time as Ruling Arcana
>>
New thread >>54357743
>>
>>54355941
They might not be the biggest dicks but they are the most overpowered. OPP was originally going to give them Prime as inferior, they should have done that.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.