[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the year of 2077, the great war began and everything on Earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 5

File: fallshock.jpg (533KB, 1919x1062px) Image search: [Google]
fallshock.jpg
533KB, 1919x1062px
In the year of 2077, the great war began and everything on Earth was obliterated by nuclear bombs. To this day, nobody knows if the US or communist China shot first.

It was neither of them. The nukes were launched from a hidden underwater city in the middle of the Atlantic ocean; Rapture. But who gave the order? Was it Fountaine, who won in this version of the first Bioshock? Was it Jack in the bad ending? Was it Elanor from the second game?

Now, the radioactive world is a combination of Fallout and Bioshock. Plasmids are powerful abilities that have spread throughout the world. Radiation is known to help the body produce more eve, despite its negative effects on other systems. Ghouls and splicers are one in the same now; radiation junkies high on magic power drugs. Big Daddies sift through the rubble with their little sister mutants, recycling adam for reuse by the survivors. Different communities have to survive against a nuclear wasteland filled with biological experiments and ADAM empowered raiders. Power armor suits and big daddy armor is one and the same.

How can we make this work? Sound interesting?

>TL;DR Crossover clusterfuck between Bioshock and Fallout series.
>>
File: 1474314327588.jpg (606KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1474314327588.jpg
606KB, 1920x1200px
>>54326817
I want it to work, these are two of my favorite things, but I am not sure it could work. It is like trying to build something cool with Legos but you only grabbed the cool pieces, you need filler.

The time lines are radically different, I would say it is easier to roll fallout back than bioshock forward. But instead of just focusing on the divergence from normal history where do these timeliness converge? Maybe instead of vault tech making underground bunkers, there biggest sellers were underwater ones! Makes sense with most of the US population on the coast.

But now that you have made that change, what would change in the bioshock universe. Let's say frank Fontaine leaves rapture with enough information to start up splicing topside. Does rapture still fall? Probably not, though I am sure it had hardships. Now Ryan Andrews is still in play to get pissed off when his proprietary sink and be safe cities get copied by vault tech.

But then back to the fallout side. Do we still see the world wide energy shortage that lead to the war that gave power armor and laser robots? Who would splice topside? Likely not civilian with a 50s mindset. But the Enclave sure liked their genetics and viruses. And maybe chinese stealth suits were just a way to augment gene tonics?

Tell me more OP. I want this to be good, even if it just turns into a fan fic. What major players do you want? Brotherhood, NCR, Eleanor, Thinker?
>>
File: 1465668960713.gif (85KB, 428x478px) Image search: [Google]
1465668960713.gif
85KB, 428x478px
>>54327152
Me rambling more.

Remember OP, that both of these games work around scarcity. They feel the best when you are low on health, and low on bullets. Don't give commoners and settlers any splices. It would be like if everyone had a laser rifle, you need scarcity for this to work. But at the same time play with genetics. Super mutants and even ghouls might be the dead end of two much splicing. What would happen in a vault where everyone was given telekinesis before the door sealed? What is going to be your Adam and eve? If your great grandpa had electrobolt, maybe you just needed a hit of eve to get the juice flowing again? But I can't quite figure out who would still be making little sisters after all that time, but whoever it is, would be powerful and likely on the brotherhood's shit list. In fact if anything g you should start with a list of what factions like what things.

And some things might have to stay a mystery. We didn't know who shot the first nuke till fallout 4, and in a way it doesn't matter. You could have big sisters raid the mainland for girls and never explain why, and it would still be a better plot the institute.
>>
File: Centaur Fallout gross.jpg (60KB, 650x330px) Image search: [Google]
Centaur Fallout gross.jpg
60KB, 650x330px
>>54327152

I would have kept Bioshock's world a secret from the main Fallout universe until after the war, or that it caused it. The gene tonics and plasmids started to spread on the mainland after the radiation was mostly over. Now you could have the NCR and Legion fighting each other with plasmids. I would honestly see the Brotherhood of Steel being opposed to genetic engineering. They are pro technology, but they seem more all about metal suits and laser guns, probably not as comfortable with bio-engineering monsters.

I could also see the genetic modification of the various wildlife, along with radiation, giving birth to all kinds of horrible mutants. Maybe mutants of all kinds have a small amount of adam inside them, which makes hunting them profitable? Maybe Super Mutants are like biological versions of big daddies, with those freaky centaur monsters absorbing Adam from human corpses?

I do like the idea of undersea vaults though. Maybe during the nuclear proliferation Rapture ended up being revealed to the world as a modern nation instead of in secret, and was one of the world powers? I could see all kinds of underwater cities winding up everywhere, which could also explain how Adam and plasmids and gene tonics ended up on the mainland during or after the war.
>>
File: Ruined vault room.jpg (763KB, 1024x869px) Image search: [Google]
Ruined vault room.jpg
763KB, 1024x869px
>>54327395

>Revolve around scarcity... don't give commoners and settlers any splicing

I don't know if I'd go that far. People in Fallout still have guns, and they live in proto societies. Fallout NV especially stressed the idea that Fallout was a post-post apocalypse. That the world is more or less done being fucked and people are trying to restart everything. It's just what society that will actually *be* is part of the question.

At the very least, maybe just one or two villagers in a typical place will have splicing. But they'll be weridos, maybe a little outcasted and mutated. Maybe they help defend the town from invasion with Incinerate or Telekinesis. Maybe they help power the town with Electrovolt. Mutations could play a bigger role here, the exposure to radiation greatly increasing the negative effects of Adam consumption and Eve regeneration. You could make splicer mutants like this have permanent 'marks' of their splicing, like charred black fingers or glowing electric eyeballs.

>If your great grandpa had electrobolt maybe you just need a hit of eve to get the juice flowing again

Wow, I love this idea actually. Kind of hard to explain or fit in an RPG especially if you keep the effects really weak, but a cool concept. Maybe that's where plasmids come from now; nobody has been manufacturing them for hundreds of years so you have to 'scavenge' them.

>Vaults
Probably a good source of untainted Adam and Eve syringes, maybe even some unlooted Gathers Gardens. Each Vault could be like a mini-rapture, with the same experiments but societies that collapsed one way or another.
>>
On the tg side of things, did you have a system in mind? Personally I have done much other than pathfinder and 5e. But I hear you can do anything with gurps.

Vaults and buildings make for obvious dungeons to crawl. And your BBEG can be either spliced or armed or both. And there are plenty of plots to steal depending on how long you want the game to run. Do you have a group to play this with?
>>
>>54327738

I would probably make a simple hombrew game, or perhaps Apocalypse World. OSR type games work well for the dungeon crawling.

It was more a theoretical or fluff based idea for the thread then an actual game plan or anything like that. I think it's an interesting idea. If somebody can actually fuse My Little Pony and Fallout, then you can probably at least mix Fallout with Bioshock.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.