[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever play the pokemon TCG or was this game only really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: farfetch'd.jpg (50KB, 369x502px) Image search: [Google]
farfetch'd.jpg
50KB, 369x502px
Anyone ever play the pokemon TCG or was this game only really good for collecting in binders to show off to the other kids on the playground?

Also, favorite pokemon (card)?
>>
File: Gastly.BS.50.png (1MB, 570x795px) Image search: [Google]
Gastly.BS.50.png
1MB, 570x795px
>>54325496
I think I only played it once at a friend's house. I always liked this Gastly card. I don't know why, there was just something about its cheesy 3D art that really transported me somewhere else, or at least it did when I was 9 years old.
>>
>>54325496
This game is definitely alive Anon. People are playing both irl and on Pokemon TCG Online client. You should visit the /vp/ - they have a pokemon tcg generals all the time
>>
Never got a chance to play, because most of my friends only cared about the collecting aspect and none of them wanted to learn to play. Some of them refused to trade cards as well even if they had multiples of really common ones.
>>
>tfw your shiny Mewtoo was stolen from your bag when you were 6 years old

At least I managed to get a shiny Charizard a couple years later from a booster pack.
>>
>>54325703
You should really try the Pokemon TCG Online. The client is great, grinding the in-game currency is easy as fuck and if you are lazy you can just bay tons of booster codes on ebay - they are 5-6 times cheaper than physical boosters
>>
I used to, all the way to the first Team Rocket block. I stopped shortly after but I was a tyrant with my all Normal decks in AZ. Took a few dozen tournaments with that.
>>
File: pokemon tcg game.jpg (151KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon tcg game.jpg
151KB, 1080x1080px
>>54325654
How exactly do you play?

Does it really play similarly to MtG or does it have different victory conditions like dual masters?

The most experience I have is from playing the pokemon tcg game when I was younger.
>>
I used to kick ass at this game, I got into it and Magic and various other CCGs and it was prob my fav of them. Had its issues but had a good mix of simplicity and depth.
>>
File: fairy energy.jpg (16KB, 200x280px) Image search: [Google]
fairy energy.jpg
16KB, 200x280px
To people who are still playing, did the fairy energy from Gen 6 change things up significantly?
>>
>>54325496
Yes I did OP.

Also are you retarded by asking if anyone played the pokemon TCG? It has an free to play online game OP. Of course people have played it.

Its still getting new cards today.
>>
>>54326013
There's no need to be rude man, I didn't even know there was an online game until someone mentioned it ITT.

Why you gotta be hostile?
>>
fun game to play on the gameboy as a kid. the game has too much coin flips for it to be too enjoyable.
>>
>>54326329
Don't most TCG's have a coin flip mechanic though? Like I remember being a thing in MtG and YGO as well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.