[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't played MtG seriously in about 2 years. It actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: mtg.jpg (11KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
mtg.jpg
11KB, 204x204px
I haven't played MtG seriously in about 2 years. It actually got a little dull, mainly because my favorite deck style got progressively nerfed over the years, and whenever I try to play standard, I can't help but miss my old decks from years gone by, when it was actually fun to play my archetype.

I don't have a very good collection of cards (I used to sell my cards before rotation to fund getting new stuff) so EDH and Modern aren't too viable.

I've dabbled with Force of Will (really fun, but the weeb art gets to be a bit too much), L5R, Yugioh, and Pokemon TCG, and know how to play all those games well. I used to like getting into a new tcg for 2-3 months at a time.

So I kind of want to get back into playing a TCG, but to be honest, I don't think I want to get back into MtG, because my expectations of that game are too high (I've played at pretty high competitive levels, so trying to keep it fun is hard).

Which one should I try playing again? Which one would be the easiest to get "back" into quickly, make a reasonable deck by opening some packs maybe along with a pre-con deck?

Btw, I have a friend who is almost always down to play any tcg, so I will always at least have somebody to play with, regardless of the tcg. Thanks in advance
>>
By the way, I do play YGO duel links, and that's fun I'm good at it, but I miss holding real cards. I don't spend money on it though.

I'm also kind of waiting for L5R to be rebooted as a LCG
>>
Just play Magic you faggot. EDH doesn't need to be expensive, if you have stuff from playing standard you can probably throw something together, might need to drop a few dollars on a commander to fit your colors. I just got back into standard, bought a precon and put like 10$ worth of cards into it, it's not getting me into top, but I'm not losing every game either.

If you REALLY don't want to do magic again, just go to your LGS and ask what their other popular game is, and play that.
>>
>>54318558
I just don't think I can get into it and feel some fun from it, unless I start back at a higher level play. I know the game too well to have fun with it, and at best I'll have a week or two where I read up on the new cards (I already know all the played ones in current standard because I still watch some protours and read the set spoilers).

As far as local shops go, the only things they got going on is mtg. The closest one to me used to have a great community with older players, but it got overrun by kids. Either the kids play poorly with chump decks, or they have all the money rares because they don't have to pay bills etc and get nice allowances. Let alone I can't talk to them really.

So all the 17+ people stopped going to fnm for the most part, which made me stop playing as well. So if I'm going to be playing a tcg only with friends and not at local events, I might as well re pick up another game where I'm not as familiar with. At least I can enjoy figuring out the really tiny details of the game for a while. But I really don't know which one to choose...
>>
>>54319917
Play magic, damn you.
>>
You should look at Android Netrunner. Is has some really good options, and because of the LCG format it is easy to get into and it will never get expensive.
>>
And then switch back to magic as you discover the lcg model destroys any sense of collectability.
>>
>>54318522
>waiting for L5R reboot
Same. I like the hype it's getting, but I'm afraid it'll be catered too much toward weeaboos. Also fuck Asmodee
Personally I'm waiting for Level99 to finally get their organized play shit together and jump on whichever game has the best following (preferably BattleCON)
>>
Force of Will still has really good starter decks which come with the staples that you will want.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.