[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning a setting with a desert/arid grassland dwelling four-foot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: z6snck1udwmdqnyco8sa.jpg (344KB, 1044x783px) Image search: [Google]
z6snck1udwmdqnyco8sa.jpg
344KB, 1044x783px
Planning a setting with a desert/arid grassland dwelling four-foot tall race that's omnivorous but prefers meat. I have a decent idea of what I want to do with them, but more ideas never hurt.

What kind of a culture would this race have assuming their technology level is about on par with, say, Aztecs? They don't build large cities.
>>
>>54316079

cannibal abos
>>
>>54316079
Sorry, but you're going to have to define what a "large city" is first. If they have an unified government, at least one urban center is likely.

Anyway, I would think of them of many pastoral tribes, possibly semi-nomadic and an urban, sedentary core growing crops on areas benefitted by dams and qanats.
>>
>>54316079
Tech level is hard to keep up if you don't settle down somewhere. You could have two sects (sun worshippers v moon worshippers?), one that stays where it is, and one that sorta wanders, but eventually people are gonna accrue wherever the best land is.

If they've got agriculture, stoneworking, and some metalworking, they've got SOME kind of bigger city where a guy's job can be "stoneworking" as opposed to "making enough food to survive".
>>
>>54316079
>>54319615
Alternately, and more of a "it's magic, I don't have to explain shit":
Saguaro lumberjacks. They tend huge forests of cacti, and rarely starve, but really crave anything other than cactus for dinner again. They hang out in small family groups, have little shacks in the woods where they boil down cactus sap into a very nutritious syrup, and are otherwise super-stereotypical Quebecois but short and with prairie dogs instead of beaver.
>>
>>54316079
what do they DO
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.