[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm drafting Hour of Devastation this weekend, and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Hour_of_Devastation_Emblem.png (6KB, 130x152px) Image search: [Google]
Hour_of_Devastation_Emblem.png
6KB, 130x152px
I'm drafting Hour of Devastation this weekend, and it's my first draft in almost 3 years (triple KTK was my last).

Any tips/stuff I should watch for? Good strategies?
>>
I would highly recommend watching a few of the mtgo drafts of HoU on youtube.
But the jist I have seen, is that this draft in specific is VERY 3 drop heavy, and amonket for more aggro support.
Removal is always good but never skimp on creature support.
Do not pull a me and try to FORCE a type. Do what is open and has the support to build.
AND i CANNOT stress this enough, if you are in 2 colors, and a really good rare comes into pick, DO NOT PICK A COMMON OVER IT.
Saw a guy draft a sandwalla over kefnets last word, and then the next 3 rotations had 2 more sandwallas....
>>
Look through the spoilered set list beforehand so you can find some uncommons and commons you like and keep an eye out for them

Most of the time the rare is going to be the best card in the pack but not always, once the rares are gone the picks become more difficult and it helps if you have some choice uncommons you're looking for
>>
take this with a grain of salt but is pretty decent info
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/how-play-limited/hour-devastation-first-picks-2017-07-11
>>
Strongest colors assuming you don't pull bombs from your 2 AKH packs
B>U>R>G>W

Keep in mind this is ignoring tribal synergy like B/W zombies or R/W exert which are both very strong

If you pull a good mythic in your AKH packs (god or planeswalker) go with that color and you will probably stomp
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.