[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't Necron players ever weather/battle damage their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0691.jpg (39KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0691.jpg
39KB, 250x314px
Why don't Necron players ever weather/battle damage their armies?

I know that Necron phase away or some shit after a battle to be repaired, but wouldn't some at least suffer some damage but keep going?

It'd be cool to see a Necron with like huge bullet holes in their armor, or one with his head barely functioning.
>>
The plot justification is that their armor is continuously remaking itself T-1000 style. I agree more Necron players should go rule-of-cool. They're supposed to be this setting's undead.
>>
>>54307326
That's lame. At least have it be like the reformation takes time.

It'd be cool to see a character or Lord who's in the midst of repairing himself.
>>
>>54307300
Necrodermis, baby. Learn the lore.
>>
>>54307300
Because their armor/exterior/skin metal is repaired when reanimated.

I do put mild rust textures on my joints though. Assuming some of the elite soldiers (Immortals, Lychguard, etc) are good enough to go decades without needing to be reanimated, rust and scratches can happen I suppose. They also would have to avoid scarabs, though, to have on-the-spot repairs.
>>
>>54307300

The army that is known for being the fastest to do the minimum painting and draws the least-motivated painters ends up having the simplest paintjobs?
wow
>>
>>54307300
My Phaeron keeps his crons clean and pristine thank you very much.

But seriously, it has more to do with the fact that they are robo skeletons, unless you use flayed ones, they have very few reasons to be full of holes and gashes. The sprue is also very thin in most areas, so unless you really want to tear at them with a hand-drill, it's not going to happen.

As for the lore, necrodermis is really fucking quick. I remember a scene in "Dead Sun, Black Sky" were Honsou uses his newly acquired necrodermis arm to block a Dreadnought's drill hand. The metal was reforming so fast that the drill was enveloped by the metal and was snapped in half.

In retrospect, Necrodermis is a lot like that liquid metal stuff from those Bionicle Movies.
>>
>>54308747
>My Phaeron keeps his crons clean and pristine thank you very much.
This guy gets it, how do you expect us to maintain our status as most advanced race in the galaxy if we look like a bunch or worn down tech priest.
>>
>>54308269
There is no way living metal could rust. Rule of cool all you want, but not every metal rusts like that.
>>
>>54308269
I really doubt the necrodermis has a chemical possibility of rusting. Put grunge on all you want but these aren't robots made of earth metals.
>>
>>54308499
I'll have you know *MY* necron warriors have little pirate hats and other assorted pirate acessories
>>
>>54307300
once im done with my nurgle army im going to rebuild my crons and possibly use the nihilakh oxide to give with a bronze base to give that corrosion look.
>>
>>54312444
Prove it, trippy.
>>
>>54307300
Alright Necron-fags I have a question however we all know 40kg is cancer so ima post it here.

So before the war in heaven the necrontyr were all leukemia patients right? If so how are there so god damn many of them?
>>
>>54312583
Don't have a lot of time to live, so they fucked a lot. See: rabbits
>>
File: social media cancer.jpg (60KB, 673x960px) Image search: [Google]
social media cancer.jpg
60KB, 673x960px
>>54312583
pic related
>>
>>54312648
I could get behind that ;^)

But is there any actual fluff behind how they were so numerous?
>>
>>54312529
Maybe tomorrow. They're in my car and my camera is a potato.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.