[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How "seriously" do you prefer the GM and players

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1585.jpg (87KB, 600x1776px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1585.jpg
87KB, 600x1776px
How "seriously" do you prefer the GM and players to take the game?
>>
>>54302038
Not very.
>>
Serious enough to stay in character and roleplay, but not too serious to start arguing over the rules and jerking off to stats.
>>
>>54302038
Very seriously in character, but if they want to crack a meta joke or two around the table then it's all fine and dandy so long as it doesn't take us totally off track.
>>
Enough to give a shit about the setting and to match the effort I put in. Jokes are fine, but HURR IT'Z JUST A GAEM rustles my jimmies something fierce.
>>
>>54302038
if they require it to be 'rules-light', they're lazy sacks of shit who don't take it serious enough.
>>
>>54302038
Depends on the setting.
>>
>>54302038
OOC jokes are good, IC gotta be serious unless the premise is a silly campaign.
>>
Just enough so that people can get into character and roleplay in actual important parts. Ooc and ic jokes are fine depending on what's going on
>>
>>54302038
>How "seriously" do you prefer the GM and players to take the game?

Enough to put some fucking effort into learning the rules and developing their characters, RPing them, and most importantly to FUCKING SHOW UP TO THE GAME.

Not so much that they sperg out over rules interpretations or start OOG pulling knives at the table again.
>>
>>54302038
seriousness takes a backseat to having fun.
>>
>>54302038
Serious enough to actually come to the session.
>>
>>54302038
Probably like 75% serious, with IC interaction being completely true to the characters and setting.

The 25% is for OOC banter and lewds.
>>
>>54302095
>>54302188
>>54302261
>>54302600

this so much, but IRL how many people are comfortable with this type of game - in university will i have trouble finding a group who isn't all HURR DURR MY CHAR IS A WIZARD THAT IS RICK FROM RICK AND MORTY
>>
>>54302081
This. Second post best post.

Excessive fucking about IC will be punished. Excessive fucking about OOC, or just excessive OOC will be punished by the lack of a game next week.
Enough no-shows will result in the lack of a game as well.
>>
File: 1489252215356s.jpg (9KB, 250x189px)
1489252215356s.jpg
9KB, 250x189px
>>54304380
>Excessive fucking about OOC, or just excessive OOC will be punished by the lack of a game next week.
>Enough no-shows will result in the lack of a game as well.

>being a passive-aggressive cuck instead of kicking shit players
>>
>>54304380
>will be punished by the lack of a game next week
Holy shit, can you be any more pathetic? >Wahhh I didn't like what you did so I'll cancel the game entirely instead of talking to you like a mature adult, that'll teach you
>>
Depends on the setting and tone. If we're playing fiasco, doing dumb and destructive things is encouraged. If I'm DMing CoC or some other game that's dependant on atmosphere, then I want everyone to take it seriously and stay in character.
>>
File: golden_age_i_cap6.jpg (218KB, 1680x709px)
golden_age_i_cap6.jpg
218KB, 1680x709px
in my group the games will more or less have the same tone
we've had the occasional dark serious setting but for the most part the settings are pragmatic.
So there's time for IC serious business and joke cracking, which of course depends on the situation. Even in the dark campaigns there were situations in which the PCs are just hanging out and they would probably talk and make jokes. It's all very situational.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.