[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I have a strange problem. My D&D group sort of died off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

So, I have a strange problem. My D&D group sort of died off (may be reestablished in fall), but I miss the game and I have decided to look for other D&D opportunities. On my new yob I got a really comfy room where potential group can play and I decided to look for players. (I can GM) I vent to FLGS and since it is rather new, it is FLOODED with people who are interested in D&D. I joined an open-game group with about 10 people and another 8 interested in playing, but unable to join for obvious reasons of overcrowding. So I have a ton of cadre to pick from.

Now I'm thinking of just putting a post on FLGS's fb and asking for potential players to join and perhaps picking them on basis of their fb profiles. I also noticed a few people in pre-mentioned group i sort of like ... But I do not really know how to pick them.

In my past I had a few bad experiences with groups (people screaming, fighting, munchkin-ing, being disinterested in the game), so I wonder if /tg/ has any good advice for me on how to pick players for my campaign.

thanks
>>
File: DMDisaster-thumb-500x455.jpg (45KB, 500x455px) Image search: [Google]
DMDisaster-thumb-500x455.jpg
45KB, 500x455px
b0mp
>>
>>54298193
Talking to them to find out what their interests are, what their experience is, and how well they mesh with your desires.
People who have a similar vision as you, or are flexible enough to have fun and be creative with multiple ideals are best. That said, you want to see how well they accept instruction from the GM (which is damned important these days), with many other issues such that you can pull them aside and talk to them first, kick them second (like electronics at the table).
As a long time DM, I prefer to have a mixed, varied group, it keeps me on my toes, and the stronger clash of mindsets adds to the party.
>>
File: busy here2.jpg (171KB, 604x831px) Image search: [Google]
busy here2.jpg
171KB, 604x831px
>>54298193
First, propose a game, including a campaign setting. That will immediately cut out 50% of the people who don't want to play that particular game or in that particular setting.

Next, set a time. That will cut out another 30% who can't make it for that time.

Then have a Session 0 to make characters. 1/2 of the remaining people won't show up.

After the 2nd session, another 1 or 2 people will flake out and never show up again.

That should leave you with a group of 4-6 reliable people actually interested in your game.
>>
>>54299851
awesome
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.