[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever included the illuminati in your games or encountered

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0999.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0999.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Have you ever included the illuminati in your games or encountered them in another's game?
>>
Setting depending, I've seen them both show up as the "Sex, drugs, & Rockefeller" type, and the "Why contain it?" type.
I like them best as not necessarily "bad' people, but simply ones who enjoy having and using power. They're strictly nonmoral. They do what they do because it benefits them, and that's it. They're very into white-collar crime and are generally pleasant people, you just can't trust them unless you are one, and even then...

Triads/Yakuza cover are best encountered as with low-tier thugs to high-end assassins that tie back to international empires doing corporate dirty work.
Free masons can be morally inclined do-gooders who don't actually get much done, but can usually lend a helping hand, and are reasonably good about keeping mum on clandestine topics. If the Free masons know something, the Illuminati knows, the Triads/Yakuza knows, etc., but the people who won't know are the common folk and perhaps small or low-level government types.

I've never seen the KKK show up in a game, but I do like their use in Conan-Doyle's "The Five Orange Pips," where they're basically international, politically motivated killers operating from a steamship.
Mind you, I would never use the KKK in a game, because 1) the organization actually exists (I don't use Free masons by name either) 2) the organization has an incredibly convoluted past 3) folks will immediately assume them to be generic bad guy racists no matter how presented (read the "Five Pips," you'll see what I mean.)

There's not many other secret societies I hit up, since those groups cover most of the narrative bases. I just change the external flavor as needed (non-chinese Triads, but they still operate the same, for example).
>>
>>54291329
Sounds like you would like Kingpin from Netflix's daredevil
>>
I played a setting that was your real life future with illuminaties once
>>
>>54291176
Everyone's game includes Illuminati, some just don't know it yet.
>>
>>54292379
I'm not a comics fan. How is daredevil as a character outside of the fight scenes?
>>
>>54291176
I thought about running a game where players start as FBI agents and get recruited into an Illuminati-run department that is essentially more covert X-Com
>>
>>54292492
Comics-wise, he's all over the place, as is usual with comics

In the Netflix show, Daredevil is a man torn between his desire to help people, his catholic upbringing and his violent urges. Kingpin in the same show is exactly what you described in the beginning of >>54291329
>>
>>54292492
Daredevil is a combination of Spider-Man and Batman. He has Batman's gritty aesthetic, (catholic) inescapable guilt and hellish childhood trauma. He has Spider-Man's charm and relatability. In fact, Stan Lee created him to be an adult version of the Spider-Man gimmick where you take a (relatively) realistic approach to being a masked superhero
>>
>>54291176
If i ever do i would make it the benevolent shadow council who's trying to keep corruption out
Then have the players join up with them
>>
File: cassy-t-2016-01-02-16-43-58[1].png (133KB, 584x365px) Image search: [Google]
cassy-t-2016-01-02-16-43-58[1].png
133KB, 584x365px
>>54291176
Best Illuminati
Best/Worst boss
Honorable shoutout to The All Seeing Eye. Like a Boss.
>>
>>54291176
I've been wanting to run a game about secret agents with psychic powers. Including the illuminati would be obligatory in a game like that, I would think.

I had planned on having it start out as relatively street-level and gradually escalate to wider and deeper conspiracies until finally getting into man-eating psychic lizardmen from space having infiltrated the world's governments to turn Earth into a prison planet and humans into cattle.

I also had plans for a space fantasy game in the same setting but thousands of years in the future, featuring the strongest psychic humans facing off against cosmic threats.
>>
The illuminati is a staple in my group's games. They invariably show up, some times they're a major part of the plot, other times they just randomly appear.
>>
How would you do yuan-ti illuminati, /tg/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.