[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I mean, where in the rules does it say I CAN'T stand on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 2b12c4b9c94d8b87a4037010fafe4d7d.jpg (521KB, 1536x2434px) Image search: [Google]
2b12c4b9c94d8b87a4037010fafe4d7d.jpg
521KB, 1536x2434px
I mean, where in the rules does it say I CAN'T stand on my chair and lean forward to try to see my opponent's hand?
>>
>>54284287
its called cheating: you can't do that. its not because its specifically not in the rules that you CAN do it
>>
>>54284368

You seem to have all the answers.

Can I stand on my chair while playing a game if I don't try to see my opponent's hand?
>>
File: 1489186832947.jpg (25KB, 352x285px) Image search: [Google]
1489186832947.jpg
25KB, 352x285px
>>54284287
>>
>>54284287
It is written in the same place that says I can't throw rotten eggs at you back.
>>
>>54284287
There's no rules saying you can't be smacked in the face for trying.
>>
>>54284402
If you want, but that means your opponent wants too as well.
>>
Rule 3.12, OP

3.12 Hidden Information
Hidden information refers to the faces of cards and other objects at which the rules of the game and format do not allow you to look. Throughout the match, a draft, and pregame procedures, players are responsible for keeping their cards above the level of the playing surface and for making reasonable efforts to prevent hidden information from being revealed. However, players may choose to reveal their hands or any other hidden information available only to them, unless specifically prohibited by the rules. Players must not actively attempt to gain information hidden from them.
>>
>>54284368
>its called cheating: you can't do that. its not because its specifically not in the rules that you CAN do it
Whoah there buddy, it's not specifically in the rules that you have to breathe in and out as you're playing. Tough luck pal, let's see how long you can last.
>>
>>54284554
Op eternally btfo
>>
>>54284287
If you can do this things will only escalate and at some point it will stop being a game because it will have no discernible rules anymore
>>
>>54285058

Is this desirable?
>>
>>54284287
It's one of those pesky unwritten rules everyone keeps telling you about.
>>
>153 Cheating — Hidden Information Violation
Definition
A player, spectator or other tournament participant intentionally and illegally seeks or reveals information in an attempt to gain advantage. A player has not committed an infraction if the information was revealed to them by their opponent accidentally, nor are they required to advise an opponent who may be doing so, as long as they do not go to excessive lengths to take advantage of this.
Examples
A player in a Magic booster draft intentionally reveals a card they drafted to another player during the draft.
A player in a Magic booster draft intentionally peeks at the cards from which his neighbor is selecting.
A player in a Magic tournament intentionally peeks at the top card of their library when her opponent is not looking.
A player in a Magic tournament intentionally looks at the faces of an opponent’s cards while shuffling or cutting an opponent’s deck.
Philosophy
Hidden information is a fundamental part of the play experience of many games, and attempting to undermine it violates the integrity of the tournament. Note that, in general, players are allowed to reveal information that is hidden to their opponents unless is it explicitly banned by the rules of the game or format.
Penalty
All Levels
Disqualification without prize
>>
>>54284287
>needing to stand, in your chair or otherwise
>being less than 11 feet tall
manlet

>>54284542
>the rules expressly allow you to show your hand if you want
has this ever been used in any fantastic mindgames?
>>
>>54284542
>>54285783
You question has been answered. Ticket closed, please delete your thread.
>>
>>54286958
That was basically how LVG did that thing with ANT but no Tendrils in sideboard, just tapping the mana and showing his opponent that he had Wish in hand.
>>
>>54287217
>Ticket closed
But shouldn't we follow up with RCA?
>>
>>54287241
LSV not LVG too much /sp/
>>
>>54287241
Neat. I don't actually play Magic and came here just to ask that, but I think I get the gist of what you're saying.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.