[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't done this before. I want to GM Fate. Thing is,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: choose-your-weapon-759x500.png (49KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
choose-your-weapon-759x500.png
49KB, 759x500px
I haven't done this before.

I want to GM Fate. Thing is, I don't know a single soul in this city. Well, I'm lying, I do know people, but none of them are friends, just acquaintances, not the sort of people I'd want to do this with. All my friends I used to do this with are in a different city; I moved over a year ago, and I haven't been able to make a single friend here.

I don't know where to start from. Conventions aren't good for Fate because of the restricted time slot, and you're kinda expected to perform well. So I want to gather a group, but how am I supposed to do it with perfect strangers? I don't know if I'm either scared of something, overthinking it too much, or if I'm missing a vital piece of information.

I do have a bit of experience GMing but I haven't performed particularly well, although I do think I've been learning from my mistakes.

So... tips for gathering a bunch of strangers in a table?
>>
Invite a coworker
>>
>>54278116
I don't have coworkers. Due to some mental issues I couldn't manage to live on my own (yes I tried, ended up with heavy detachment anxiety and had to go back home at a different city). I've been in therapy since and I think I've been getting much better.

The people I know are from a dojo I go to, and I'm not really close to anyone there. I seldom see them once or twice a week, and don't hold constant contact with anyone.
>>
>>54277281
Maybe your local gaming shop has somewhere you could advertise, or maybe there's somewhere you could advertise online. I'm old and used to doing shit with the people I know, so I'm not the best person to speak to. When I was in college, I put up a flier that got some responses. There's probably a better e-version of that these days.
>>
>>54278493
I know where to advertise, that's not an issue gladly.

I wonder how I am supposed to deal with total strangers...
>>
>>54278565
You ever been on a date? It's like that. Meet people interested in gaming online and then interview them face to face in a public place.

There's a lfg subreddit where I found players for my burning wheel game that's been going on for over a year now. Good players, I've had a great time with them.
>>
>>54278908
>You ever been on a date?
Once or twice in my entire life maybe.

>Meet people interested in gaming online and then interview them face to face in a public place.
Wait, "interview"? What do you mean?

>subreddit
I'm not from the US, but I do have a FB group with such kind of people.
>>
>>54277281
You can advertise your game on facebook if you can find some groups (a positive profile picture helps imo) or even your local game store. I'd get around 5 or 6 players at this point, because some can't make their schedules work and others might not fit.

After you find interested players, use doodle or something easy to set a date. Pick dates that work for you. If someone can't make those work, then he can't join the game. You can spend many hours trying to find a day that works for everyone, but it's not worth it. If you end up with more players than you'd want, you can pick the ones that seem the best for your campaign.

After you have a group and a date, your first session could be just about the rules, how you'd like to GM things and creating characters. You can probably clear that in under two hours. You also get a feel of people without committing to a full length game.
>>
>>54277281
If you're using it, facebook usually has rpg groups for every major city
>>
>>54280385
>>54280426
It's less about the logistics and more about dealing with strangers and somehow getting to be in the same page while playing.
>>
>>54283156
So it's not about tips for gathering a bunch of strangers around a table then? Sounds more like "I'm afraid of people I don't know, help". Keep seeing that therapist I guess.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.