[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've seen/heard of people taking softcover rulebooks and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

I've seen/heard of people taking softcover rulebooks and converting them into ringbinded rulebooks. Do you guys know of any guides on how to do it? Maybe my googlefu is just shitty today, but I couldn't find any. I just bought a 20 year old rulebook from eBay and it needs to be rebinded.
>>
>>54272876
Most of the people I know of who own ring-binded books have free access to the equipment needed to ring-bind books.

I've tried getting 24 papers laminated at office depot and it was going to cost me something like $50-$60. I can't imagine going somewhere to get a book ring-bound is going to be cost-effective.
>>
>>54273235
Do you think I could just cut off the spine and punch holes in the pages? I'm just trying to salvage this book before it comes completely undone.
>>
File: this.jpg (182KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
182KB, 1000x1000px
>>54273618
dont put holes in the pages, you faggot. use these instead.
>>
>>54273727
I hadn't thought of that. For some reason it hadn't occurred to me that after cutting the spine off the pages would all be separated anyway.
Thanks for the tip, faggot.
>>
>>54272876
Any fucking stationery store, office supplies, photocopy shop does this, anon. It's not expensive.
>>
File: 1491335266416.jpg (42KB, 250x467px) Image search: [Google]
1491335266416.jpg
42KB, 250x467px
Millennials are fucking hopeless.
>>
>>54273727
>film and air pockets increase the volume of the book by 2-3 times
>can't flip through pages as quickly because you have to guide each one through the rings
>risk of the pages spilling out if you turn it upside down
I tried keeping campaign notes in those once. Never again. Haven't found a ring binder that doesn't make the book bulky and cumbersome as shit.
>>
>>54276306
What a brilliant post
>>
>>54273235
Spiral bound books are cheap. It's done with a machine.

Lamination is expensive. You are fucking dumb.

>>54272876
If you have enough margins left, you can just cut off the spine and use binder clips. Pop off the levers to make them "permanent" Otherwise spiral binding should cost a few bucks at any print shop.
>>
I think you could just pay Kinkos or somewhere similar to do it
>>54276306
Early 5th ed PHB's had some low quality bindings, which probably caused a fair amount of people to go for things like that. Congrats on being the most whiny faggot in the thread though
>>
Three hole punch it. Put it into a three-ring binder.

Over time, as pages get worn, folded, torn, or stained with cheeto fingers (fucking ANIMALS) you can simply and easily remove the ruined pages and replace them. You can also add pages such as homebrewed abilties/classes/perks/whatever, handy charts or errata, or even splice together multiple related books one big book. Best of all, this process requires no special tools or expertise and you can find a binder and hole punch anywhere.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.