[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever been in a game where a party member betrayed another?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1499745037837.jpg (480KB, 1059x631px) Image search: [Google]
1499745037837.jpg
480KB, 1059x631px
Have you ever been in a game where a party member betrayed another?

Have you ever been betrayed by another party member?

Have you ever been the betrayer?
>>
>>54272638
Yes. We were an evil party collecting artifacts that could make us into and evil god. We had agreed to share the power after my wizard lied and said he totally would be able to split godhood into 5 pieces, easy. after we got the last piece I teleported back to where we had stashed the others and used them alone. I become a god of betrayal and had to spend eternity trying not to get betrayed by my own evil angels.
>>
>>54272638
>Have you ever been the betrayer?
S O O N
>>
>>54272638
I GMed one, years back.

One of the characters got hit with a nasty death curse and was slowly wasting away and dying. She saw a way out in becoming a liche, but lacked the appropriate knowledge on the proper rituals IC. She winds up striking a deal with the BBEG and lowers the wards on the players fortified manor and leads to what isn't quite a TPK, but the wiping out of the 3 of the 5 remaining loyal members of the group and the other two giving up adventuring because of it.

Surprisingly, despite it being very bad business IC, OOC there wasn't much animus over it. There was even one apology to Erin for not doing more to save her character.
>>
My character got killed by another character in the campaign we're playing, but got revived the BBEG and is now out to fuck the party's shit up.
>>
>>54272638
Wouldnt call the first example betraying but
>first ever DnD game for any of us
>friend plays a fem bard (hes a dude)
>Go to tavern to clear out the rats
>Get free drinks as a reward (before we do it)
>Comes to the battle
>Bards turn to heal us or attack or literally anything useful
>walks back to the bar and has another drink while we get fucked by these massive rats

Later on he passed out from damage, so we got him back
>hes passed out
>rest of us awake
>we all cum on his lute
>DM goes with it, rolls sleight of hand
>we all get 17+ on a d20
>hes pissing himself at how big our loads are
>bard wakes up
>rolls perception to see if he notices all of our cum
>crit fail
>spends rest of campaign with dirty cum lute
>>
The rogue said "here I'll hold the winch" and like an idiot I believed him, when I tried to go through the gate he laughed and dropped the portcullis on me :(
>>
FUCKING KEVIN EVERY GAME. NO MATTER WHAT HE ARGUES WITH SOMEONE AND ATTACKS THEM
>>
File: milo.gif (456KB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
milo.gif
456KB, 500x220px
>>54272638
Yes, I was actually the betrayer.

Basically I went behind the party's back to begin establishing a trade route network super early in the campaign, then later on we were getting close to a powerful holy relic that my character and our paladin desired. So I sent a messenger pigeon to the manager of my trade empire to supply a competing (yet smaller and less well equipped) religious nation with enough arms armour and goodies to completely wipe out the paladins holy sites.

After that we turned around to to save the paladins holy sites as I sent a mercenary company to retrieve the relic for me.
>>
I think I've only had one player ever betray the party, he just swapped to the BBEG's side during the final fight because he wanted power or something. The rest of the players came to me afterwards to ask about starting a new game without him.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.