[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /tg/! I recently started reading Gene Wolfe's Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: NewSun.jpg (137KB, 368x480px) Image search: [Google]
NewSun.jpg
137KB, 368x480px
Hello /tg/!

I recently started reading Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun and got inspired to run a DnD campaign based on it. The overarching storyline would be that the sun is dying and there is a cult trying to speed up the process.

The main question is how should I pull this off subtly, yet obvious enough to entertain the players and give a general impending doom feeling?
Also what effects would a cooling sun present on the planets ecosphere and magic? My idea is to fuck with some cleric and paladin powers that relate to the sun, thus giving a hook for the players to investigate.

Any ideas how could I make this truly remarkable?
>>
Dark Sun campaign setting. A cult of wizards are trying to destroy the sun so they can use magically freely
>>
>>54272664
Sounds good. I'll look into that.
Any other advice for a relatively new GM on how to run this well?
>>
>>54271621
Killing the sun was an Illithid plot in old D&D, there's some material to be mined there.
>>
>>54273381
Make the presence of the cult huge and make them a dominating force. Basically run it as a conspiracy game full of intrigue. Build up on atmosphere heavily. Lots of NPCs with heir own motives and ideas. Make it so that the party doesn't know about the plot to kill the sun.

Could through in some Mythos in there as well (Psionics are part and parcel of Dark Sun)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.