[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could you have a good superhero faction which believes they are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: fa4a26851e425369955f19899bc61756.jpg (902KB, 1380x1862px) Image search: [Google]
fa4a26851e425369955f19899bc61756.jpg
902KB, 1380x1862px
Could you have a good superhero faction which believes they are gods and actively promotes cults?
>>
It'd be strange, but you could probably do it if their goals are still to protect and help humanity. They just want to be worshiped and be the ones to guide humanity to greatness.
>>
>>54269666
Why not?
>>
File: 1399167580138.jpg (725KB, 2560x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1399167580138.jpg
725KB, 2560x1968px
>>54269666
assuming nobody is being coerced then sure
>>
>>54269666
Sure. Have the central tenets of their cult be things like spreading peace, justice, and protecting the innocent, and suddenly you have a way of causing a whack of people to behave heroically, or at least try to do some good. I could see some types of heroes feeling that this was a good and justified way of doing things.
>>
>>54269721
The "i am god" guys are mostly evil or at last unpleasant.
>>
>>54269666
Hrm... What occurs to me would be a setting where the beings/supers/gods in question have the whole "powered by believers/prayers/etc" thing going on.

So I could imagine a situation where they're _entirely open_ about that fact and basically flat out do the equivalent of saying "here're my values, here's what I do, here's what I want to do. If you support me, then do your part to help me do these things."

That would be the main circumstance I could see for the good folks actively encouraging worshipers/(friendly) cults/etc.
>>
>>54274378
Addendum: Divine version of Patreon? Praymeon?
>>
>>54269666
Ultimate Thor, at least in the early days, was basically this.
>>
>>54274378
I'm doing a D&D 5th setting like this, 9 gods corresponding with the ailments ascend from the ranks of humanity one day with no memory of their previous lives. They eventually start dishing out super powers (class levels) to anyone who wants to help further their cause. The excuse for why they work through champions is because the last time two of them fought (LG vs CE who would has guessed) they plodded a hole through the Himalayas and none of the want to totally fuck the world.
>>
>>54269666
Aren't those just superheroes with fan clubs?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.