[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think of your favorite place in a setting, any setting. You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0162.jpg (191KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0162.jpg
191KB, 517x768px
Think of your favorite place in a setting, any setting.

You are now a middle class citizen in that place, how do you fare?
>>
>>54268346
>Wilderlands of High Fantasy
Welp.
>>
>>54268346
This is going to turn into rants about classes, economics and poverty, I'm sure.
>>
>>54268346
>Baator
Well shit, I guess there are worse things than being an Osyluth or a Gelugon or a Cornugon.
>>
>>54268364
Fine, you will always have enough money to provide for yourself working a normal job, you are also sentient for all those people who thought necron
>>
>imperium

Well time for me to not get good at fighting and try to avoid the guard
>>
>>54268346
>Lucrecio
Not bad. actually quite well. Decent Tech levels compared to other provinces, a ruler that is good at getting shit done, great healthcare, and a really excellent education system.
Can I move there today?
>>
>>54268346
Whiterun in skyrim.
I think I fare pretty well!
>>
>>54268346
Spoilers would help.
>>
>>54269635
Do you get to the Cloud District very often?
>>
>>54269686
What are you saying? Of course he doesn't.
>>
>>54268346
Aboard a shipmind in the Culture. Classes don't exist so I assume it translates into middling notoriety/influence. I fare about as well as anyone could possibly hope. I live forever and can have whatever material possessions I desire. The only problem is staving off boredom.
>>
File: IMG_0237_20160805_151623.jpg (145KB, 1200x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237_20160805_151623.jpg
145KB, 1200x626px
>>54269686
>>
File: horde_by_breathing2004-d31ejvx.jpg (403KB, 1280x597px) Image search: [Google]
horde_by_breathing2004-d31ejvx.jpg
403KB, 1280x597px
>Middleclass member of the Horde empire of the warcraft series.
Ilikeit! God knows theres enough glorious spots for me to move at.
>>
>>54269749
Class is socio-intellectual as well as economic, anon.
>>
>>54269920
Not that anon but it's difficult to apply any traditional class divisions to the Culture.
>>
>Locus, Eclipse Phase setting
>Be a pharma chemist irl

I'd probably be making experimental drugs and signing on with the defense syndicates. I'd need to get back up to speed on developmental biology but I'd love to get into morph design and start making super soldier morphs because 'why not.'
>>
>>54269920
Fair enough. I suppose high class in the culture setting would be Contact and Special Circumstances agents.

>>54269943
The Minds are actually a fairly traditional example of class. They carry disproportionate power due to the circumstances of their birth. They're completely running the show.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.