[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about meta humor and breaking the fourth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 4cut.png (773KB, 837x950px) Image search: [Google]
4cut.png
773KB, 837x950px
How do you feel about meta humor and breaking the fourth wall in games?
>>
>>54265615
Good for joke campaigns, bad for serious ones.
>>
Only bards should be allowed to do this and only in a tasteful manner.
>>
>>54265615
Depends how fourth wall breaking. Acknowledging skill applications isnt so bad as knowing that the world is a tabletop game and that the one true god is the gm and that god is a dick. Joke campaigns are fine for it though, while serious games with a bit of humour would require a more restrictions and self control.
>>
>"Dear lord, what I wouldn't give for some wider doorways!"
>Next dungeon, doors are 5ft wider.
>>
Depends on how you do it.

Our last villainous prick discovered that there are special people in the world and started hunting adventurers for their souls. Apparently, they have a spark that the regular people don't, and PCs in particular have more than even normal adventurers. He was basically distilling them into a special brew to make himself immortal without the need for lichdom or godhood.

We managed to beat him down and collect the recipe, but only after he managed to kill and harvest one of our PCs. We're now debating on finishing the potion or releasing the souls and letting them go to the afterlife.

The DM hasn't done anything like this before, so it's new and interesting. Your mileage may vary.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.