[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 29

File: 1460489373383.png (576KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1460489373383.png
576KB, 1024x576px
Previous thread: >>54240102
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/these-eras-are-dark-too-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's your least favourite antagonist and why?
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
>>54255344
Mages. For some reason, if used like in their own supplements, they always win
>>
So, in VtM: Bloodlines, there's a quest where you have to retrieve werewolf blood. Doesn't that break the lore pretty heavily? To the extent of my knowledge, werewolf blood, pretty much any part of their body, really, is completely indistinguishable from human. Even if they get their arm cut off while transformed, it would change back to human once it left the body. And splats don't cover for other splats, I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>54255426
It is. Likely, LaCroix just exploited your naivety and hoped you would get in trouble
>>
>>54255426
>>54255475
VtM 3rd Edition says outright that Werewolf blood has special properties when drank by a vampire. Also splats cover other splats all the time [usually in a contradictory fashion].
>>
Here's a weeb question: let's suppose I wanted to create a Lambda Gadget in Demon The Descent that is an approximation of a Stand from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I think it would consist of Terrible Avatar + Stowaway + Fate Entaglement + Inflict Stigmata. But what would be the Hardware? Could it be built as one of those Tattoo Gadgets?
>>
>>54255426
>>54255475
>The blood of other vampires, particularly Elders, is quite potent. Essentially, elders have greater blood pools not because they are bodily larger than younger vampires, but because the blood they ingest is more concentrated in their ancient veins. Werewolf blood is similarly potent.
>Werewolf blood is similarly potent.
Mind you, this is Vampire Lupines, not Garou.
>>
>>54255426
I think so. If you were to drink DIRECTLY from a werewolf it would have a specific effect, but loose werewolf blood should be basically human.
>>
>>54255570
when drank directly from the Lupine, not afterwards. Check the storytellers companion
>>
From what we know, will it be possible to play magical girls using Deviant ?
>>
>>54255738
Since one of their themes is their magically/occult-scientifically fucked up bodies breaking down on them over time and the whole sand slipping through an hour glass theme, only the Yuki Yuna Is A Hero kind.
>>
>>54255344
Heroes and Alchemists. Both appear to be better player characters than the cartoonish mustache-twirling villains we got in the Beast and Promethean Cores
>>
>>54255781
even better.
>>
Signs of Sorcery when? I want better alchemy rules to make a Moros alchemist with.
>>
>>54256511
The only thing we're getting anywhere close to rules for Alchemy is rules for imbuing Charges of spells with Prime 3.
>>
>>54255344
>What's your least favourite antagonist and why?

For Requiem: The Strix because duh.

For Forsaken: The pure because the game sells you this "superheroes dont kill bullshit", and while it doesn't necessarily hurts your Harmony anymore it does brand you as an oathbreaker. All this wouldn't piss me off about them if they were characterized as sympathetic as neo nazis. Not even regular "maybe he is a soldier just send to fight" nazis but muricah neo nazis. They made a group and function as a hate group and them told me not to kill the because reason (of course killing ANYTHING else is fine though)

For Awakening: The Seers of the throne. Cool methods boring motivations. See that rat guy in harry potter? Yup, thats the Seers in a nutshell.
>>
>>54256615
>if they were characterized as sympathetic as neo nazis.

*Werent*
>>
>>54256615
>Missing the points this hard.
Anon pls.
>>
>>54256615
>Yup, thats the Seers in a nutshell.
Pretty wrong, really. Some Seers do have the Beni mentality of "Better to be in the right hand of the devil than in his path", but just as many are indoctrinated, ignorant, power hungry, pining for Ascension, or just flat out indifferent and only care for the benefits of Seer life. Which are plentiful. I guarantee you that if most of the people in this general lived in CofD, Awakened, and were approached by the Seers first, they would join. It's not like the Seers pitch it as "Hey come work for tyrannical god kings". They outline all they can give you, all the power you can have, how they can help you reinvent yourself and live a fulfilling life. Why, all you have to do is a couple of things here and there to help us against a bunch of backwards contrarians who want to ruin things for all of us. But the rest of the time your free to use our (yours now, champ!) resources and your free time and power to pursue whatever kind of life you want. And hey, if you want to help out even more and climb the ranks, that's GREATLY encouraged. The big guys themselves might even notice and congratulate you, if you catch my drift. Join us, and you can BE somebody.

Practically everyone would take that deal.

And please nobody get on me for larping because I talked like a Seer recruiter to outline my point.
>>
>>54256872
>It's not like the Seers pitch it as "Hey come work for tyrannical god kings".

That's basically how it's pitched in the Seer entry in 2e to be fair, albeit with an addition of "...who *really* know how to reward their servants".
>>
File: La_Dame.jpg (28KB, 480x675px) Image search: [Google]
La_Dame.jpg
28KB, 480x675px
>>54255426
That does not break the lore in VtM, no.

Lupine vitae is unusually potent, to the point where a single Lupine carries a full 20 blood points worth in their system. This, as opposed to the 10 blood points in the average human. Werewolf vitae also has other supernatural properties, in that ingesting it makes it harder for a vampire to resist frenzy (Every blood point of werewolf blood ingested increases the difficulty to resist frenzy by one).
>>
>>54257433
But could that be picked up by human forensics? If I recall correctly, the energy vamps get from blood is more metaphysical than actually physical, right?
>>
>>54257513
Yes, Werewolves dont have x2 more blood in them, its just provides more life force.
>>
>>54256872
stop larping now
>>
File: 1268123781555.jpg (26KB, 492x329px) Image search: [Google]
1268123781555.jpg
26KB, 492x329px
I picked up V:TM on the last steam sale, and so far I'm really digging the varying clans, the "known" history, and particularly the curses, and their effect on the mentality of anyone involved.
I only saw a Werewolf game once, but even just the character sheet was interesting, even if the people at the table weren't.
My group is really into... collective(?) roleplay stuff. Thematic shit, I mean, like lets be Pirates/Ninjas/PinkMohawk, ect and (hopefully) vampires.

Would you fa/tg/uys reccomend the PnP version for my group? Looking at the megas, I'm seeing Masquerade and Requiem, and both are comparable in file size, is there a rundown on the differences?
Second: any Tips for getting into GMing this? I tend to let my groups murderhobo it out for a bit, but if either isn't really available, I'll have to think of something.
Lastly: any podcasts/youtube channels that run through the WoD history enough that I could at least explain Why they'd want or not want to pick certain character traits/clans/ect in chargen, and flesh a bit out?
Thanks.
>>
>>54257619
>Masquerade
The OG, in which Bloodlines is based off of. It's a bit clunky at times, the metaplot gets silly at times, so if you do pick Masquerade, minimise the use of the metaplot, lest your group become the undead Justice League
>Requiem
The revamp (kek) of Masquerade, think the difference between normal marvel and Ultimate, it's much less gonzo, no metaplot and easier to run. But the ST has to improvise more.
>Tips
I haven't had the opportunity to ST because my friends are pretty slow with their PF campaign Look into the ST guide for advice
>youtube
I like Gentleman Gamer, but some of his videos are for his games personally (pretty sure he doesn't like the Kuei-Jin, so he made new clans of Cainites to replace them)
https://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang/videos
>>
>>54255820
Well since Beasts and Prometheans are whackos and trannies the only people diametrically opposed to them are normal, functioning members of society.
>>
Does blood from other supernaturals have special properties in Requiem?
>>
>>54257893
Yes, but you need a merit to drink it, and it's mostly just like taking drugs.
>>
>>54257893
Mage blood grants Mage Sight, which is a bad trip, basically.
>>
File: 1491840201030.jpg (10KB, 239x306px) Image search: [Google]
1491840201030.jpg
10KB, 239x306px
>>54257773
>ST
?????
>undead justice league
While that sounds pretty funny, thanks for the advice, that would be shitty.
>revamp (kek)
elaborate, please.
>Keui-jin
Off of a quick google search, I'm not quite sure I like them either.
Can't easily make more so bad for PCs, rotting instead of burning is gross as fuck, stakes don't paralyze... I don't like any of that, they sound like a homebrew race made by a teen weeb.
Can understand why someone who isn't would like them anyway, though.

Don't hold your friends slowness against them, a good PF game should be savored.
>>
>>54257964
>?????
Storyteller.
>>
>>54257937
Cool which merit/book.
>>
>>54257952
Changeling blood is literally psychedelic. Unlike Mage Sight, which makes you see shit that's there as it truly is, Changeling blood makes you see shit that's there IN ARCADIA.
>>
>>54257952
It's not so much a trip like changeling blood as it is sensory overload. Since you aren't able to interpret the information the sight is giving you.
>>
>>54255426
Eh. Don't look at anything in Bloodlines to match up one for one. I mean, it's a CRPG, things were adjusted to make it fit.
>>
>>54258027
Oh. I have no earthly idea how I've never picked up that acronym before.
Thanks.
>>
>>54255738
Probably. What was the one where the magical girls were murdering each other for magical girl power?
>>
>>54255489

fun fact: one of the Assamite big boys is called "al-ashrad," and mentioning him to certain mages can get you out of trouble with them ... once.

>>54257773
The dislike of Kuei-jin at this point is almost universal, to the point v20 won't even cover them.
>>
>>54257964
Not that guy, but in 2004, the Masquerade world had an 'end of the world' book published. After that, WW published a new World of Darkness game. This is the blue WoD book, then Requiem, Werewolf the Forsaken, etc.

These are not like 4th editions of the earlier games. Requiem is an entirely different animal and should be treated as such. It pares down the clans to five broad archetypes (and bloodlines fill the crazy niches of Masquerade clans like 'I am a clan of nutjobs' or 'I am a clan of shadow manipulators'.), expands the sects to five ideaologies (noblesse oblige, any government style other than noblesse oblige, pesudo-Catholic 'monsters of the night', pagan blood sorcerers who venerate female deities, and magic-science vampires who seek to move beyond vampirism).

It also removes the metaplot (IE: book A leads into book B, etc.) It has a setting, but the world is more of a toolbox, so the ST has to come up with more things on their own.

It's definitely open for a super-creative type to do a lot of awesome stuff with.
>>
>>54255580
Name: Stand
This often takes the form of a Tattoo Gadget, but others stylish fashion items and weird equipment are also common. They often incorporate symbols and Hardware related to art and occultism, but mostly music, Tarot and mythological gods. A few have been made in the form of projectiles intended to forcibly awaken a Stand at great risk to to the target. The one who wears it has an invisible and incorporeal guardian by their side at all times, which may materialize at a moment's notice to defend them.

Exploits: Terrible Avatar + Stowaway + Fate Entanglement + Inflict Stigmata

Trigger And Activation: All that is required is simple reflexive concentration to summon or dismiss the Stand, but many Stand Users choose to be over the top (e.g. striking a cool pose, giving a badass one liner or acting in accordance with the symbology of the Stand). Also, when the Stand User is ambushed, the Stand may roll Wits + Composure to notice the danger for the Stand User and activate itself.

[Continued In The Next Post]
>>
>>54258209
Effect: Once Implanted, this Gadget makes the wearer a Stigmatic, with a Stigmata symbolically related to their Stand. The Stand works like a normal Terrible Avatar, but it does not prevent the Demon who created the Gadget from using their own Demonic Form, and it may use Exploits. Once per scene, the Stand user may spend 1 willpower point or suffer 1 lethal damage and roll Resolve + Composure, with each Success giving 1 Aether to their Stand (one Aether is gained even if the roll fails).

The Stand has a Maximum Aether/Per Turn determined by the Primum of the Demon who created the Gadget. Stands and their Users are considered to have a Supernatural Tolerance equal to the Primum of the Demon who created the Gadget. Stand Users may spend either their own Willpower or the Aether of their Stand to activate their Supernatural Merits. The Stand regains Aether per day equal to the highest between the Resolve and Composure of the Stand User (although the method for this restoration of Aether may vary depending on the Stand User)..

The Stand exists in the Twilight frequency for the Astral and must remain near the target as per the Fetter Manifestation (but may mimic the Unfetter and Materialize Manifestations by spending Aether instead of Essence). Any damage suffered by either of them is transferred to the other. Rumors exist of Stigmatics who have found ways to make their Stands “evolve” beyond their initial parameters, or even Stigmatics who have different versions of this Gadget as a “natural” part of their transformation, but have not been confirmed. There is also evidence that this Gadget is viral and hereditary in some way, and possibly a side-effect of particularly intense and/or spontaneous transformations into Stigmatics.
>>
>>54258196
Also note that if you go Requiem, you need the WoD core book. NWoD (the new World of Darkness) is built on the concept of 'build a human' (which is the blue World of Darkness book) and then add supernatural template. At least in 1e. It's recommended in 2e but no required.

And the WoD book itself is really good for just running a mortals game (my favorite NWoD was a 3+ year mortals-only game).
>>
>>54258229
>>54258196
Interesting. Really wishing I had gotten into this when I had a better FLGS 2 years ago, could have maybe had a little bit of introduction in person.
Requiem sounds more my style, but also 5 clans=5 archetypes sounds pretty lame, and the build a human>supernatural template sounds... difficult to say the least, if you're trying to get into the game on your own.
Will think on the mortals game, however. sounds like a good time.
>>
>>54258331
The five archetypes are actually, to me, a better way to do it. The archetypes are the lordly vampire, the sensual vampire, the animalistic vampire, the monstrous vampire and the secretive/sneaky vampire. These are your Clans. Within each, you have refinements of the blood (called, appropriately enough, Bloodlines). The refinements of the blood will be stuff like 'this bloodline is descended from a crazy huntsman, and his family/bloodline developed powers all about messing with ghouled animals' or 'this bloodline is descended from vampires who were specially-bred to kill Dracula and so their blood is acidic' and such like that. It takes the 'I am a worldwide clan of <thing> from Masquerade and makes them make more sense.

The 'build a human, then add vampire template' actually works well for NWoD. It puts all your 'core rules' in one book (again, not necessary for Requiem 2nd Edition) and gives more room in the vampire book (and other splat books) for... vampire-specific stuff instead of retreads of the core rules.

If you have questions, let me know. I'm gonna be hanging out for a while.
>>
>>54258033
Don't really remember, never actually played Requiem, just remember seeing it in one of the books.

Apparently it's primarily used by Elders to avoid having to drink Vampire blood to survive as it gets around the "no humans" policy.
>>
What happens when a Mage wanders into the Hedge?
>>
>>54258663
They find it very interest for all of about 3-4 arcane beats, then they realise how dangerous it is, how little there is there to interest them, and hope to find a way out.

My last group made a deal with a hedge-being that looked like a coat-wearing frill-neck lizard for it to guide them out after finding themselves in a goblin market.
>>
File: Pause Please.png (248KB, 540x327px) Image search: [Google]
Pause Please.png
248KB, 540x327px
>>54258486
You said if I had questions:
>'this bloodline is descended from vampires who were specially-bred to kill Dracula and so their blood is acidic'
Ok, what?
You're gonna have to explain that. I know that vamps can feed on each other in WoD, and the the Giovanni family Embraces each other a lot for varying reasons, but that's about all I know on that subject.

Now that I can read examples over whatever I had in my head before, I actually do like the bloodlines over the 'worldwide generalization of X clan', like you said. Thanks for that.

I actually do wish I had more questions to ask you (other than the above), I liked all the answers you've given, but I really don't at this time.
I guess the only other thing is if WoD has any decent premade storylines for pickup games/oneshots/what have you. Like We Be Goblins for PF/Food Fight for SR.
>>
>>54258744
I'm guessing not of your Mages was sufficiently proficient in Fate?

You can force your way in and out with that.
>>
>>54258790
Bloodlines are blood families. All Ventrue have the same powers, and their general 'lord over all they survey' methodology. A Ventrue Bloodline would be a single Ventrue, making his blood strong enough that he actually changes it, imparting his own ideals, benefits and curses into it. For example, there's a Ventrue bloodline called the Sotoha, that is descended from a Japanese man who was all about societal and social decorum, and his bloodline has a power that makes them fit any social situation due to his adjustments to the standard Ventrue blood.

As far as 'acid blood' guys, there's a bloodline in the Ordo Dracul book called the Azerkatil. They were bred by Turkish vampires after Dracula insulted them and started messing around in their business, in order to kill Dracula.

On the note of Dracula, he's a mythical figure in the Kindred world in Requiem. The Ordo Dracul is one of the factions in Requiem; they claim to be founded by Dracula and his three brides, and their concept is pseudo-mystical pseudo-science combo to move 'beyond vampirism'. Their covenant benefit is a power called Coils of the Dragon, which offsets/changes some of the vampiric weaknesses like how often you spend blood to wake up, or how you react to fire and sunlight, for example.
>>
>>54258790
Also, there are very few premade scenarios for the NWoD.
>>
>>54246796
Wormwood was great you fuck.
>>
>>54258829
Yeah, if you're a MASTER of Fate.
Otherwise you've got to try and force the Wyrd to lead you to a Gate (Fate 2) to open (Fate 3).
>>
>>54258969
There are quite a few SASs and then you have Urban Legends and Ghost Stories, not to mention the premade stories in the back of almost every core rulebook.
>>
>>54259138
I hate this shit.

You shouldn't be able to just waltz in and storm out of the Hedge.
>>
>>54258958
All that's cool as shit. I might just have to surf the web for a week or two just reading.
>>54259217
Mind filling me in on Urban Legends and Ghost stories?
>SASs
Why am I coming across so many acronyms I don't know today this is getting retarded.
>>
>>54259238

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_aXElv_HEc
>>
>>54259238
Did you even listen?

It takes fucking Mastery to just create a gate out of nothing.
Mastery. The same level of proficiency which lets you freeze time, create entirely new planes of existence, generate new sentiences, return to the Dead to life, or turn someone into a Supernatural being (Fate).
And to earn Mastery, you first need to get your Gnosis to 5, which can take quite a while.

Otherwise you're pointed on a path, but the obstacles are still there.

So no, it's not just "waltzing in and storming out".
>>
>>54259239
SAS means Storytelling Adventure System. And I'm glad you like. Requiem is what got me really back into the WoD, really. I love it as much as I love Masquerade (which is to say, a lot).

>>54259239
Yeah, but many of the SASes, and those two books, aren't specifically vampire. Which is what I thought he meant, my bad. Ghost Stories is really good, though, yeah. There's also some scenario-type stuff (and some really good monsters to use) in the Antagonists book. The Aswang (another type of blood sucker) is in there, as is essentially The Crow-edquivalent.
>>
>>54259239
Urban Legends is a nWoD book that takes some of the more prominent urban legends and turns them into one shots(Kidney thieving, Bloody Mary, Jersey Devil, and a few others. Ghost stories does pretty much the same thing as urban legends but gives you haunted places to drop into your game. These were aimed at vanilla mortals but if I remember correctly they give you tips on using it in the other games. Check out the pastebin, it has those two books.
>>
>>54259312
Doesn't matter. I don't care for your "mastery" as it's stomping on another splat.

You don't even need mastery to leave you can just force open an existing entryway . it's fucking retarded
>>
For all those Geistfags with their panties in a twist about missing out because of glorious Mage/Changeling voters.
You can untwist your panties.

They're redoing the voting, with better security.
>>
>>54259238
Good thing you can't, unless you're a goddamn Master of Fate. People seem to think Mages are totally unstoppable gods. They aren't. The most bullshit things Mages can do take Mastery, if not Archmastery, of an Arcanum, or bullshit powergaming.
>>
>>54259335
>Stomping on another splat
What else should reality-warpers do to little half-broken dolls that barely escaped their owners?
>>
>>54259329
And I almost forgot about Mysterious Places. Gives you some mystical places to plop into your world at will.
>>
>>54259335

See >>54259275
>>
>>54255426
Because lupines are Catholics their blood is materially indistinguishable from human blood but the essence of the blood is transubstantiated.
>>
>>54259335
Changelings are "Getting Stomped On: The Splat". Quit crying that the upper echelons of an Arcanum can outright bully things under its purview. It doesn't affect you or the games you run at all.
>>
>>54259356
>implying you need mastery to be an unstoppable god

buddy, you're baiting
>>
>>54257952
Do you have a cite for that? I recall it too but want to see if I can track down any in book canon mentions of the experience of drinking other splat's bloods.
>>
>>54259593
I think it was in Requiem 1e. Searching for Mage only gets three hits in 2e, one in the trademark bullshit, another in some kind of perception merit, and the third about Strixes possessing Mages but not having any access to their magic.
>>
>>54258958
>On the note of Dracula, he's a mythical figure in the Kindred world in Requiem

I like how on Vampire's Chronicle Guide they talk more about Dracula and his secret ring.
>>
>>54259973
If you read the prop book Rites of the Dragon, it also gives more insight into him as well, as well as hints that he was self-Embraced.
>>
>>54259335
It just lets them go in and out of the hedge, who gives a shit man, it's not Arcadia, normal humans find their way into the hedge every so often for fuck sake. They still have to deal with the thorns.
>>
>>54259329
>bloody mary
>Kidney stealing
ooooh, I might have to run that, then. Mary is one of the few urban legends that actually freaks me out a bit.
Haunted places are iffy, my friends are mostly thickheaded/immune to that kinda environment in games, but I'll check it out. What do you mean by "mystical" places?

>people who don't check out the pastebin before entering a new thread.
Those people are garbage, I already have, but thanks.
>>54259326
Ah, yeah. Didn't mean vampire specifically, might have subconsciously thought it.
Good to hear that Requiem is good enough to get people back into it, and more monsters are always nice.
>>
So my character is an adamantine arrow instructor/leader for new promising recruits. How many dots in status should I get?
>>
>>54260702

Status 3+, also consider the Inspiring Merit
>>
>>54260702
Make sure not to fuck any of your students or imply that using mind perfecting makes jailbait okay.
>>
File: IMG_20170609_164335.jpg (96KB, 724x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170609_164335.jpg
96KB, 724x1024px
>>54260806
Shes more like teams big sister, sempai like figure.
>>
>>54260933
I support other anon, Status 3 is a good level for a teacher, a trusted one at least, you might be able to get away with status 2 being like, "Mage 101" kinda guy.
>>
>>54255489
He was entirely black. Teeth, eyes, hair. The moment he offered up his Name.
>>
>>54259335
Mages are literally Nothing is Sacred, the splat. Death isn't sacred. Time isn't sacred. The soul of humanity isn't sacred. Even their own magic isn't sacred. Why would the hedge be any different?
>>
File: Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg (136KB, 781x509px) Image search: [Google]
Adamantine Arrow Art.jpg
136KB, 781x509px
>>54260933
>>54260702

This is the gods damned Adamantine Arrow, not the Rotary Club. Forget about the "big sister" garbage and only take your training cues from the best - Swole Jawa.
>>
>>54261042
Death isn't sacred, once someone dies they're nothing, ghosts are just fake pictures of a humans soul before it passes on to... somewhere.
>>
>>54261042
>Mages are literally Nothing is Sacred, the splat. Death isn't sacred. Time isn't sacred. The soul of humanity isn't sacred

What? It's the exact opposite.

Did you even read the Path description?
>>
>>54261057
Adamantine Arrow are about challenge, not pigeonholing themselves into Order of Steroids.
>>
>>54255781
How does Yuki Yuna compare to Madoka?
>>
>>54261079
>Adamantine Arrow are about challenge, not pigeonholing themselves into Order of Steroids.

No steroids, just ample proficiency in Life.

Also, I dare your "big sister" to insult Swole Jawa to his face. You'll face all the "challenges" you can handle, like eating through a straw.
>>
>>54261057

What AA Status is King Tut?
>>
>>54261063
Tell that to Geists. They might not be right, but they might view things very differently.

>>54261066
I was referring to the mechanical implications of the Arcana, as they relate to the fluff of the other splats. Mages consider different things sacred, but none of them are necessarily correct. The existence of Arcana trivialities practically everything that other splats hold sacred though.
Out of curiosity though, which path are you refering to?

>>54261143
Not the weeb.

AA aren't exlusively about Life though. Their poster children, maybe, but there's challenge to be found in all Arcana.

That's what the Duel Arcane is for. Even eating through a straw is a •••• spell away from being a non-issue. Hand to hand combat with mages is hilarious.
>>
>>54261209
>Out of curiosity though, which path are you refering to?

Any of them, but Moros stand out the most. The acceptance and necessity of death and transition is integral to the perspective of Stygia.
>>
>>54261158
>What Status is King Tut?

Mystery Cult 5: Batman's Rogue's Gallery
>>
>>54255344
>What's your least favourite antagonist and why?
The ones that aren't really from any one place or another, that don't fit into any category. The strange monsters that roam around in the dark places.
>>
File: 1499623243189.jpg (810KB, 1280x1134px) Image search: [Google]
1499623243189.jpg
810KB, 1280x1134px
Re:Creators can work as a plot in WoD right? Fictional characters come to life and their powers and abilities ar linked to the Astral collective conciousness?
>>
Anyone have PDF of building a legend yet?
>>
>>54261256
Specifically the Death portion then? The Moros may hold to it, but I think even they would have doubts. Aging someone to death or bringing them back from the dead does leave them without a soul, but it's also within the domain of death to move souls around.
Stygia does confer a certain insight and appreciation towards death and transition, but their Inferior Arcanum - Spirit - complicates that worldview. They're entities of concepts and while transition is natural to some, it is actually anathema to many. Spirits feeding off resonance that does not match their own become the mad and reviled Magath. They're testaments to the shortcomings of the Stygian perspective.
>>
>>54261209
Sure, but who cares what a Geist thinks? They're mutants, THINGS that fused with spirts to make something that spits in the face of death as well. A picture with some editing is still a picture.
>>
In Demon, it says that if the physical contract of a pact is destroyed, the pact is immediately nullified.

But what happens if a demon dies, or the pactbound dies? Does any book say if that has any effect or no effect on the pact's terms?

Also, it says if a cover hits Cover 0, "any humans who knew the character’s Cover identity lose their memories of it." But if a demon dies, does anything like that happen to its other Covers? And does its body revert to its true form on death or remain in cover?

I thought these might at least get a mention in the books but I can't find them.
>>
File: disdain.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
disdain.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>54261295
Do you just hate all blue books?
>>
>>54261789
If the Demon is dead, they can't use the Pact, so unless they leave the Demon half of it blank/fillable by whoever has it, it becomes useless
If the pactbound dies, the pact is obviously useless
If a demon dies in one cover, then its body appears as that cover, and all other covers go missing(from a mundane perspective)

When in doubt, apply ockham's razor: the simplest answer is probably the correct one
>>
File: unknown.png (292KB, 441x665px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
292KB, 441x665px
I'd totally make my hell in the underworld
>>
Have you ever used another splats antagonists in your games, /wodg/?
Dropped a Qashmallim on a Vampire group, had some Werewolves meet an Abyssal entity in the Shadow, have your Mages cabal try to stop an Idigam?
>>
>>54262783
Planing on having a prommie be the "antagonist" in my game, more like the obstacle they need to clear. Because really, who wants a prommie stiring up shit with the herd?
>>
>>54262553
You'd probably be raising Hell
>>
>>54262783
Had my vamps fighting Azlu in one game
>>
Do high explosives like grenades deal aggravated damage to vampires/werewolves?
>>
>>54263536
Vampires: Frag grenade would probably be lethal. For agg you'd want white phosphorous or thermite. Mind, any grenade explosion would probably be a Rotschreck roll.

Werewolves: Lethal damage normally, but could do agg if you salted the payload with silver or other particularly nasty shit.
>>
>>54263536
Added question : does the muzzle flash of a gun count as fire and deal aggravated wounds to vamps ?
Can you destroy them by shooting them with blanks, point-blank ?
>>
>>54263768
I wouldn't allow it to actually do agg damage to vampires, as it's too transient a blast. I would however allow cleverly-timed flashes/blank shots to the face to potentially trigger a Rotschreck roll.
>>
File: taBImLa.png (132KB, 776x360px) Image search: [Google]
taBImLa.png
132KB, 776x360px
>>54255344
Whatever it is mummies fight since I've never actually played or read MtR.
>>
>>54263831
It seems like it shouldn't do bashing though
Maybe a couple points of lethal for close-combat shots, instead of agg ?
>>
>>54256872
There's a scene in one of the books describing a new(ish) seer slowly starting to see through the social conditioning in everything, and how his wife is just an automaton. It's interesting.
>>
>>54263921
Maybe, if it was particularly close.

Oh, also, any explosive that largely relies on overpressure to do damage would probably also do bashing to vampires. Kindred bodies are generally really resilient to pressure effects.
>>
>>54262143
Isn't it equally plausible that the reality-altering that the pact accomplished would remain in place regardless? If anyone dies, the other side already got what they wanted. Unless it was their soul.

Steve, the rich childless executive retroactively becoming once again Steve, the blue-collar single father as soon as he's hit by a car just seems weird.

Plus it's a lot more dire than just becoming useless, if the pactbound's death is equivalent to the contract being destroyed.
>If a demon has patched part of a mortal’s life into his Cover, destruction of the pact immediately results in loss of a dot of that Cover’s rating. The demon must also check for a permanent glitch.
>>
>>54263892
Tom Cruise
>>
>>54264041
>not Dwayne Johnson
overpleb
>>
>>54261518
Aren't you and everyone around you just part of a picture of the Supernal?
>>
How would you make the pure more sympathetic while they are still assholes?
>>
>>54264125
Make them mages. Failing that, start implying that the Forsaken are tainted somehow and the pure aren't. Some sort of vulnerability to Wounds or Idigam above and beyond the normal.
>>
>>54264125
Make most of the ground-level soldiers into hopeful and fanaticized people who truly believe they are doing good ?
Tone it down with the extreme edge stuff and have them practice more "legitimate" activities, while still keeping some higher level members as mustache twirling villains and nazi death squads
Find reasons why a reasonable werewolf would join them, add incentive and a more polished facade in order to hook in unsuspecting woofs, that might always stay at ground level and keep doing menial, apparently harmless work if they're too benign to gain importance and be trusted with the ethnic cleansing business
Basically, make them into a modern cult like scientology
>>
>>54259076
Oh fuck off.

>Le ebin religious Vamp brings you in a Church and you become human again

Yeah no. Never hot on the God Stuff.
>>
>>54257619
I would look into both games if i were you.

Give Requiem a shot and give Masquerade V20 a shot. Its a matter of taste and I just prefer Masquerade. The general here is nWoD territory but there are quite a few people preferring the oWoD.

Regardless of which game you end up with, you will likely use elements of the other game.
>>
File: 23222134432.jpg (8KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
23222134432.jpg
8KB, 248x203px
>>54264224
>>
>>54264323

>I don't like the concept of God shoehorned into my VtM game.

>My idea of Gehenna isn't some player characters sitting in a Church and essentially doing nothing.
>>
What's the best splat and why is it Mage?
>>
>>54264412
>What's the best splat for manchildren and why is it Mage?
Ftfy
>>
>>54264445
Keksel.

Tbqh i think mage is the best splat for wishfullfillment. And thats essentially why Magefags hype it that hard.
>>
>>54264594
Depends on the version.

I personally like Ascension because the Void Engineers have made the Hubble Telescope into an artillery piece that can shoot things in the Deep Umbra.

Also on the subject of the Technocrats...Which Spheres did each Convention use again?
>>
>>54264724
Well Ascension is somewhat better tbqh.

I could see a Technocatic Union campaign working.
>>
>>54264393
It's not shoehorned in because it's an integral part of the lore. You can choose to ignore that lore at your leisure or to be agnostic to it, but God exists (or at least existed) in the Old World of Darkness and the fact of the matter is that he/she/it is responsible for the curse of Caine. You may not personally like it and your chronicles may ignore that aspect of it, that's personally fine, but in regard to the setting as a whole, it was perfectly fitting regardless of what your personal beliefs are at or away from the table.

That being said, the latter is a more valid complaint. I haven't actually played Wormwood myself since most of the groups I'm in or have been in have never touched on the Time of Judgement scenarios (or offer their own unique spin when they do), but I could easily see why people wouldn't enjoy it. At the same time though, I could see a group that focuses their chronicle very heavily on the religious and moral aspects of the game having a good time with it.
>>
>>54264766
Depends on the game. There is no Christian god in werewolf or mage
>>
What other supernatural creature or concept would you like to see made into a splat ?
What is there that isn't already covered by existing splats ?
>>
>>54257560
I mean they should, in garou form they have easily twice the mass.

>>54259335
It's the hedge, people just sometimes fall into the hedge by accident.

>>54260167
You know, I don't remember there being any rules for mages being affected by the thorns.
But I imagine it would be really bad.
>>
>>54265156
>There is no Christian god

fixed

>>54265172
God: the Deluding
>>
>>54265191
You're being a poor troll.

People ironically pretending to be atheists are more annoying than even the biggest Sam Harris aficionado.
>>
>>54265156
>werewolves and mages are stupid heathens who don't acknowledge the One True God
fixed
>>
>>54265199
Like clockwork the brainless fools rush to defend their mass delusion.
>>
What other supernatural creature or concept would you like to see made into a splat ?
What is there that isn't already covered by existing splats ?
>>
>>54265172
Cute girls with guns. Y splat is different kinds of cute and Z splat is different kinds of gun
>>
>>54265216
Sorry for the double post
>>
Isn't Gaia just female hippie God, anyways?
>>
>>54265216
Religious horror.
>>
>>54265234
Care to develop ?
>>
>>54255475
Maybe he didn't know.
>>
>>54261143
>Also, I dare your "big sister" to insult Swole Jawa to his face. You'll face all the "challenges" you can handle, like eating through a straw.

Swole jawa is a gentleman...thing. She would face the "challenge" of not sitting for a week.
>>
>>54265191
>God: the Deluding
Honestly I can see this being interesting.

Maybe have Delusion as the Morality track? Higher it gets, the more you start slipping into your old ways (which would probably work like a mix of the Disquiet/Wasteland from Promethean and whatever thing generates Cults from Mummy.)

Though I'm having a bit of trouble working out the Mask/Mein counterpart.

Maybe relate it to your role in the past compared to your role in the modern day?

Go for something like American Gods, at least.
>>
>>54265156
And if God played a role he was always subtle.

>>54264766
Sure Wormwood might work for some group.

I could see it as an Indie Oneshot but i think its crap for Vampire.

>God just decides LEL lets end the Curse.

Thats not subtle. Thats just shoehorning in good . I think it would be really hard to pull of a good scenario including good tbqh.

I would have liked something along the lines of:

>God decides to give the cursed a second chance
>He chooses his Heralds from the few faithful Vamps and gives them special powers. Vamps around them can eat normal food again, have Blush of life without spending blood etc. (Your PCs don't have to believe this, could be just magic powers)
>The Heralds gather around Disciples of Vampires ready to repent.
>They announce large pilgrimages.
>Sabbath and Camarillia go apeshit trying to prevent the Pilgrims from reaching their destination because at this point they are convinced that something big will happen if the Heralds succed.
>Pilgrimages the players either join or prevent.
>If the Pilgrims reach their destination they become Human again (if they on the pilgrimage they become Human in their last moments).
>The players either ascend the Curse or embrace it.

For me thats better than the self involved mess of wormwood.
>>
>>54265186
>You know, I don't remember there being any rules for mages being affected by the thorns.
>But I imagine it would be really bad.
There are some vague rules in the Equinox Road p. 74-77
>>
How would the splats react to superheroes? Like Aberrant.
>>
>>54255593
Vampire Lupines? Wait what?
>>
>>54265468
He's either talking about the Dead Wolves from CofD or the Abominations from oWoD.

Not sure which.
>>
>>54265186
I can't find the source but I seem to remember that Mages exposed to the thorns *could* be at a risk of losing their powers and becoming standard humans permanently
>>
>>54264766
>>54265156
>>54265191
>>54265206

And this is yet another reason the "One world of darkness" concept is going to crash and burn. Beyond the awful metaplot and changes to the mechanics, you have the differences between the splats' cosmologies. They're gonna have to do a lot of retcons to even think of making it work.
>>
>>54265579
That would make sense.

>>54265404
Summary or screenshot please? I can't get to a book right now.
>>
>>54265468
Or he is saying that the WW in vampire are not the same as the WW presented in Apocalpyse.
>>
>>54258229
You do really need the main rulebook (Chronicle of Darkness, the blue book) in 2.0 too, you are missing a lot of the basic merits and the like in the supernatural archetype books like Vampire: the Requiem and Werewolf: the Forsaken by so many people who should know about it and be playing it because WtF2.0 is fuckin' amazing. (well all of the 2.0's are amazing, except Beast which I wouldn't even use as toilet paper for fear of soiling my feces with its pages).
>>
>>54265638
I just want to know what all these fags wanting "balance" think is going to happen. They are either hoping that their shit tier splat gets improvements bringing them on par with top tier splats or that top tier splats are going to be nerfed. Is there a middle tier that every splat will be buffed/nerfed too?

How fucking dull will it be when every splat can do X at power Y. The entire thing sounds utterly fucking stupid.
>>
>>54265750
Saying that, Thinking a crossover chronicle is even going to try to balance things is stupid.

It'll just be fluff about how the splats could fit together.

Has anybody worked out how many different crossover combos there are if you just crossover 2 splats? It'll be alot of text so expect it to be either a huge fucking book, or a flat out short, shit section on each crossover.
>>
>>54265638
This.

And all the splats are going to loose the stuff that makes them cool. If you want to do crossover stuff RAW use CofD.

If i want to use other splats in the oWoD i have to change them and thats cool.

It will either be:

>horrible shit with horrible rules:

See >>54265750

>something not even half baked that doesn' t really changes stuff

See >>54265802
>>
>>54265690
>The Thorns strip a mage of his soul,
>and thus his Wisdom, and without a soul >he cannot perform magic.

>Reaching Arcadia is difficult in itself, due to the Hedge’s
>ability to strip Wisdom from mages.
>>
>>54265579
Not standard humans. I believe that once a Mage loses their soul and their Wisdom degenerates entirely, they lose their magic and become a thrall.
>>
Jesus Christ can somebody just knock Changeling out of this fucking poll please?
>>
I'm just realizing that the Mage/Deviant era is going to have the most ridiculous power level disparity possible.
>>
>>54266615
Did they already announce a crossover ?
>>
>>54266541
why so triggered cuck?
>>
>>54266338
Thanks man.
>>
>>54258331
Don't get fooled by the fact there are only 5 archetypes. Each allows for massive variety. I'm going to list a few Ventrue (Lordly vampires) from their expansion book:
- King of the trailer park. Looks like white trash in a wife-beater. Rules the local drug business. His mortal friends and family work with him. A pretty chill and clever guy.
- The Rat King. Caught some terrible disease as a Mortal. Possibly had late stage syphilis. Google it if you dare. Is slumming it with the Nosferatu (Monstrous vampires), because they consider him one of their own. Helps them out with his Clan powers.
- A decadent Bloodline of bloated gluttons. They come from the times mostly the rich got to put on weight, so they took it to its (il)logical conclusion. Somehow become morbidly obese despite of being dead. Eat flesh, but have to vomit it up afterwards.
- Witch of the Weeds. A dignified pagan sorceress. Local cultists look up to her as a source of wisdom. Somehow cultivates tomatoes, that are edible to vampires.
>>
>>54266685
Because I want Mage and Geist to win.
>>
>>54266638
I don't think any of the Seers weapons can become Renegades.

The Grigori are discombobluated, the Hollow Ones have no Personality,and I can't remember what the others were, but escape for them is impossible as well.
>>
>>54262783
>Werewolves meet an Abyssal entity in the Shadow
How did it go? I love me some Abyssal goodness.
>>
>>54266722
Bloodlines honestly ruined it a bit by making every possible variation a distinct bloodline.

But the sample ventrue is a gang leader who has taken on aristocratic affections and mixed them with gang culture in the first release of V:TR IIRC, although the standard mix of bourgeois excess and gentry reestablished itself later.
>>
>>54266638
It's one of the default eras already set to be in DE2. Set in the time of great advancements of astronomy and physics with Kepler, Newton, Galileo, etc. while the church fights it at every turn. Between it and the French Revolution with Vampires and Demons I'm excited for the book.
>>
>>54264125
Show that they have each other's back. As long as a Pure toes the party line, others will die for him, and vice versa.
>>
>>54266754
I don't particularly care who else gets in, but I want Geist for their love of Caribbean rum to go along with the already great Dead Pirates thing. And... I don't really want Changeling because I just don't get the Changeling connection there.
>>
>>54266804
>MUH Diversity
k
>>
>>54266807
>While the church fights it at every turn.

Newton was a theologian, considered that his primary field of study (Although he never really published anything in it), and wanted to take the holy orders.

Although he was an Arian (Believer in Arianism), so he could never have taken them.
>>
>>54266861
Your post is a weird non sequitur.
>>
>>54266850
>I have no creativity
Well you can always go play DnD I guess
>>
>>54266807
>French Revolution with Vampires and Demons
Can I just say that I think the Demon that blew up this chunk of Infrastructure was a Saboteur-Tempter?

Also they weren't actually Napoleon.
>>
>>54266804
>Bloodlines honestly ruined it a bit by making every possible variation a distinct bloodline.
Yeah, there was a lot of Bloodline bloat. Many of these would have been better as mini-covenants, Coteries, or Merits, with Disciplines split into Devotions. We've has some good Bloodlines too, though. I'm pretty fond of Badacelli.
>>
>>54266773
Proximi dynasty of ant-people who have hereditary binding oaths to the General and weirdo and weirdos with one mind and soul spread across multiple identical twin bodies. The Hive-Souled are probably the only ones capable of going rogue.
>>
>>54266908
I would love to hear your Changeling pirate ideas that are thematically appropriate and ideally based upon previously established lore.
>>
>>54266919
>complaining about optional material
that's like getting mad at the number of dnd prestige classes
>>
File: whalemaids.jpg (641KB, 1500x1095px) Image search: [Google]
whalemaids.jpg
641KB, 1500x1095px
>>54266947
>>
>>54266910
We are in total agreement.

>>54266954
They made entire books which were just lists of bloodlines man, a lot of which were just racist stereotypes.

Effort that honestly could've been put to better use.
>>
>>54266954
All material ever written is optional. I don't know about D&D prestige classes, but I guess it also had both gems and stinkers.
>>
>>54266947
Maybe there could be a Seeming based on Sea life?

Most interesting of that bunch might be those who earned the Kith of Elemental, Beast or Wizened.
>>
>>54267063
You're mixing up kiths and seeming
Also there is an infinity of possible kiths, a large number of which can be adapted to life at sea
In my version of Changeling, the deep sea is one among many natural zones where you can accidentally cross over to the Hedge
It's even more deceiving because it's not as obvious right away
Also the Hedge as tropical mangroves could be insanely cool
>>
>>54266615
Are deviants supposed to be weak? We know little about deviants.
>>
>>54267063
"Maybe there could be?"

It's like saying there 'could be' a Legacy that deals with the sea and sailing, of which none comes to my mind right now. Just saying this puts Mages at an equal footing with Changelings, without mentioning the Nassau conflict at all.

I would just hate if splats with good established conflicts, thematic and interesting stories to tell were thrown out because Changelingfags want to feel better about themselves.
>>
>>54267247
>In my version of Changeling, the deep sea is one among many natural zones where you can accidentally cross over to the Hedge
>It's even more deceiving because it's not as obvious right away
Guess the Challenger Deeps would be rather aptly named then?

>You're mixing up kiths and seeming
Whoops.

Ah well, it happens.

On an unrelated note...Brinicle Changelings!
>>
>>54267260
From what I remember they are supposed to be a weaker splat, far from the ballpark of say mages and demons.
>>
>>54267404
Crap, forgot the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAupJzH31tc
>>
>>54267366
Oh but we don't need to
Playing Changeling makes you feel good as a default state
Also stop treating the poll or what's being said in this thread as the official OPP direction
Unscrew your cock-cage and lighten up a bit
>>
>>54261518
Geists aren't fused with spirits, that was a possible origin that people latched on to as true. Jack the Ripper is a ghost/spirit magath, not a Geist. In 2e they even describe how Geists come into being and it involves drinking from an Underworld river.
>>
>>54264041
>>54264068
>Not Brendan Fraser
Maximum overpleb
>>
>>54267366
We have Pirate Vampires yet?

Also I think the Sailing Legacy might work well for the Mastigos, maybe give members...Forces?

>I would just hate if splats with good established conflicts, thematic and interesting stories to tell were thrown out because Changelingfags want to feel better about themselves.
Sir I will have you know that I like all of the Splats equally!
>>
>>54267404
Changeling is honestly the splat that gives the most possibilities in terms of character creation and customization
I'm currently playing a burly-retard giant catfishman and I'm having a blast
>>
>>54267490
>We have Pirate Vampires yet?

As a bloodline.
>>
>>54267616
Dammit, I was hoping there'd be Pirate Vampire versions of Covenants.
>>
>>54267490
To specify, I meant conflicts, thematic and stories relevant to the Piracy era.
>>
Ok so I must be misunderstanding social interaction because this shit don't make no sense.

Ok so let's say my character is busted for speeding, and want to talk a cop out of giving them a ticket.

The police officer would probably at least have 2 doors (Lower of composure/resolve + possibility of virtue conflict), now assuming that you leave an excellent first impression (Unlikely) that would require at least two hours of debate for them to let you off, unless you get an exceptional success at which point it only takes 1 hour.

Which to get to 2 hours it'd require a bribe that fits their vice.
>>
>Pirate Changelings
Sounds about right. fugitives from noble true Fae having adventures on the high seas. letters of marque acting as oaths. Crews on a ships as motleys. Motherfucking peter pan all up in this bitch. both implications kidnapping and adventures. Lost Boys ALL up in the House Recking your shit. Feed on that anger sadness and fear. Cursed gold and cutlasses with Cannons and Mermiads. Never grow up

the only complaints are from magefags. which is the meme for 4chan
>>
>>54268027
>assuming cops are this weak willed.
3doors at least anon. + at least 1 for on the job. =4+

You can do it the long way(days or hours depending on how much they like you), or you can just blitz it by taking the doors as a penalty to an all or nothing roll.
>>
>>54268030
>the only complaints are from magefags. which is the meme for 4chan

Most Mage fans want mages to be included in the location and era because the core explicitly referenced it as a pivotal point in Mage history.

The second splat in the era is largely irrelevant, although many seem inclined to prefer Geist.
>>
File: 007.png (2MB, 821x1068px) Image search: [Google]
007.png
2MB, 821x1068px
I wanna storytelling Technocracy but... after CoD rules are SO FUCKING HARD!
>>
>>54268030
>the only complaints are from magefags. which is the meme for 4chan
Which is fine, because Piracy!DE Mages can do their own thing.

Not sure what that thing would be, but there are quite few legacies that would make sense as part of a Pirate!Mage game. Like that Acanthus Forces Legacy that can control the weather.

Not sure on Banishers, Seers or Scelesti, but there would probably be a Tremere house founded at that time.

And the Mad would obviously be a thing.
>>
File: merlinyn14.jpg (189KB, 614x299px) Image search: [Google]
merlinyn14.jpg
189KB, 614x299px
>>54268096
>Wanting MetaPlot
go play OldWod if you want to be railed so much
>>
>>54268139
Setting fluff isn't all metaplot. It's not like things are developing and happening and marching towards something.
>>
>>54268101
Speaking of the Conventions and oWoD!Mage

...what happened to the Void Engineers and Tradition members stuck in the Deep Umbra because of the Avatar Storm?

I mean, Threat Null explains what happened to the other four Conventions in the Deep Umbra, so I'm just wondering about everyone else.
>>
>>54268101
Just run Technocracy game in CoD.
-Death Sphere
+Technobabble as High Speech
+cybernetics as merits
>>
>>54268139

You really cannot discern the vast difference in detail and scale between a gameline's basic "setting" and history, as included in all CofD lines, versus "metaplot," no less one as long, convoluted, inconsistent and spanning multiple game lines such as WOD?

Are you really surprised that fans of a gameline just might want to role-play in a specific period and location that was sufficiently important to the setting's background that it was noted in the corebook?
>>
>>54268096
>the core explicitly referenced it as a pivotal point in Mage history
>>54268179
>It's not like things are developing and happening and marching towards something

Then it's not a pivotal point then. therefore the point in history is not important. It's ok to admit you just want pirate mages but don't have a good reason. Just play a pirate with magic. Core is flexible enough for that.
>>
>>54268139
I bet you think the Strix are metaplot
>>
>>54268197
no ones knows, really. The Trads became spirits, the Void Engineers have not been encountered yet again
>>
>>54258185
They are still mentioned though. KOTE was always a different breed from VTM and it was silly to market them as "Kindred of the East" when they are not kindred. No wonder they don't get covered
>>
>>54268256

Are you autistic or just a moron?

History and background are just parts of the setting. Metaplot is a prospective advancing plotline.

Under your absurd definition, matters like Orders would be considered "metaplot." Unless the design and intent of the gameline was to change them over time during the course of the run of the game, which is not the case in any CofD line, then setting is not metaplot. Similarly, a historical era relevant to the history of the setting is not metaplot.
>>
>>54268256
>Then it's not a pivotal point then
Yes, it is.
>>
>>54260053
Read Secrets of the Covenants, it says that Dracula was really Embraced by le epic girlpower trio and that everything in the Rites is a lie :^)
>>
>>54265232
She is. God is the Patriarch, an Incarna of the Weaver/Wyrm, who desires only to enslave womyn and make them submissive and is #resisted by the Black Furies
>>
File: NoEscape.jpg (33KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
NoEscape.jpg
33KB, 600x450px
>>54268319
>Metaplot is a prospective advancing plotline.
>>54268096
>the core explicitly referenced it as a pivotal point in Mage history

If nothing is changing then it is not a pivotal point in Mage history. Your obsession in defining a throwaway idea line in the book is showing your Autism. Which is classic Projection
>>
>>54267031
>racist stereotypes
Good times. Beats preachy sidebars
>>
File: 1491784734645.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1491784734645.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>54268442
Ok champ.
>>
>>54267861
just make them up ?
it's really not that hard

Invictus -> East India Company et al.
Cartians -> Pirates
Crone -> Vooddoo
Lancea -> Missionaries
Ordo -> Treasure hunters

If you need permission from OPP before using cool content, I'm sorry but you're creatively bankrupt
>>
>>54268442

Do you actually play role-playing games and understand how they work?

Do you understand the difference between setting, which necessarily includes history and background, and an intended prospective series of event in a game expressly intended to alter the setting?

Are you retarded or just trolling?

Maybe you should play some generic rpg like GURPS, just don't read any sourcebooks.
>>
>>54268442
History is important to Mages, whether mythical, as in the case of Atlantis, or real, as is the case with Nassau. According to your standards, the 'dirty metaplot' would also be To the Strongest Era (death of Alexander), Neolithic Mage (Sundering), and really *any* thing that happened in the past ever.

It's one thing to put events to the past and another to overwrite the "present" events as new books come out.
>>
>Dark Eras 2 can't fund
>all the OPP expats are laughing their asses off in big Facebook and Twitter threads
>the Monday Meeting Notes fucking say "it's okay, it wasn't supposed to fund quickly!" because Rich is in full damage control mode
>>
>>54268621
fuck this shit I'll write my own and will fail to release
that'll teach them
>>
>>54268621
they are at 96%. I think the core book will be funded, but not enough that it warrants a companion
>tfw no Pirate era will be added
>>
>>54268621
>>all the OPP expats are laughing their asses off in big Facebook and Twitter threads

Source?

Btw i want other supplements. Like new covenants, order and tribe books.
>>
>>54268636
I was reminded of this quote.
>"So they want to kill my men? Well two can play at that game."
Honestly couldn't tell you why.
>>
>>54268666
nice one, satan
>>
What fucktards are running things that these fun, popular games with amazing concepts and settings are not even getting funded properly? It's a fucking travesty.
>>
>>54268709

It's almost like getting bought out by a Swedish retard who spends two years ruining the brand every time he opens his mouth, having a massive scandal where one of your main developers leaves and badmouthes you to anyone who will listen on multiple platforms, and fucking up your release schedule so hard that Deviant is two years late and Mage still doesn't have a supplement is bad or something.
>>
>tfw the only thing you want from these incompetent fucks is Scion 2e
>but the revisions for that are eight months late

i wanna die
>>
File: WallofRefusal.png (176KB, 822x753px) Image search: [Google]
WallofRefusal.png
176KB, 822x753px
magefags:
Age of piracy not important.
Its ultra Critical! It must be written.
but it's not Metaplot.
But ITS a pivotal point in the Mage story line!
So it's metaplot?
No because it's not actually important.

Bunch of triggered magefags in this thread. Lighten up so people aren't interested in mage right now move on or write yourselves. nothing is stopping you. heard one anon talk about mastigos sailers and some arcanos with forces. Go run that, you don't need an official source unless you're a Puritan metaplot follower who needs an official timeline. Which is exactly what Cod was running away from.
>>
File: 1488659961590.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488659961590.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>54268847
>he doesn't even know what metaplot actually is is
>>
File: EnglishLookatThis.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
EnglishLookatThis.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>54268974
Salurbri
ahl i batin
White Howlers

Yet we still have Dark Ages Metaplot. Same difference
>>
Really I just wish we could meme something else. mage is stale bread at this point. but if it's not memeing its /pol creeping in. new memes please
>>
>>54269064
Explain your definition of metaplot to me, please. Was the Fall metaplot? Was Father Wolf being killed metaplot?
>>
>>54268621

You can't say that and not link or screencap them. I know a few OPP expats and have seen little of the sort, but then again I'm terrible at social media.

While I'm sure Dark Eras 2 will fund, deploying its KS so "soon" (it feels sooner due to when it came out) was not a great idea, especially hot on the heels of Hill and Holden leaving and the situation around their departures.
>>
File: qtthyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qtthyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
>>54269161
>>
>>54269214

Who is Holden?
>>
>>54269232

Previous Exalted dev.
>>
>>54269161
No
>>
>>54268621
Dark Eras 1 came when were people starved for content, but now they aren't. I wonder how could OnyxPath think that now is the right time.
>>
>>54269369
well, before the other Devs leave, too
>>
>>54269369

In theory, it makes sense. Dark Eras is popular and it's been a few years since the last Kickstarter. There's just a few problems:

-Dark Eras only actually released and fulfilled a year ago at most. It feels more recent to people because of that.
-There is no draft. I cannot stress enough how important it is to have a draft for Tabletop RPG on IS. They are open about how the book isn't even written yet, which kind of flys back in 2015, but not now.
- The brand is in a weird place. With the re-naming and full throated revival of the World of Darkness, it loses less of its name power.

Of course, the fact of the matter is that this is less some referendum on OPP and more of a regression to the mean. This is pretty much how most normal Kickstarters work.
>>
>>54269369

DE1 had the full rules text up for preview, so you could see what you were paying for. DE2 isn't even started yet.
>>
>>54269582

Oh, right, it totally did! I completely forgot but there it is on the page. That just makes DE2 having nothing but pitches even more baffling.
>>
>>54267260
>>54267405
They're supposed to be the lowest powerlevel splat with possibilities for great boosts in a 'burnout' phase that'll be quite costly. Also they can supposedly be built for a higher power but in exchange they'll be more obviously transformed.
>>
>>54268512
>Invictus -> East India Company et al.
>Cartians -> Pirates
>Crone -> Vooddoo
>Lancea -> Missionaries
>Ordo -> Treasure hunters
Every single thing about this is perfect, especially the Ordo Members being Treasure Hunters.

Also I can now see the Carthian Stereotypes in this Era, thanks to you, and yes the Crone one does involve Jars of Dirt.

Bit cheesy, but what are ya gonna do?
>>
>>54268465
They're doing both at this point. Magical negroes are still racist.
>>
>>54267031
I just realized I meant to talk to >>54266919 that guy.

Although >>54266910 this guy may also be right for all I know.
>>
>>54269387
>well, before the other Devs leave, too

Yeah, it's really too bad DaveB left too.

Now who'll develop Mage and Deviant?
>>
>>54269805
>They're supposed to be the lowest powerlevel splat with possibilities for great boosts in a 'burnout' phase that'll be quite costly. Also they can supposedly be built for a higher power but in exchange they'll be more obviously transformed.

At higher power levels, the organizations hunting them also proportionally increase in strength.

You can supposedly be the Hulk, but there'll be a LOT of trade-offs, including being actively hunted by the entire US military.
>>
>>54269883
of course it's going to be cheesy, but we're talking about vampirates here
not being cheesy would be in poor taste
and never forget, it's CofD, it's made to be sandboxy
just start out with these as guiding lines, pick a home port for your PCs and then add as much nuance as you want
>>
File: BlackFlag.jpg (245KB, 1515x520px) Image search: [Google]
BlackFlag.jpg
245KB, 1515x520px
Someone already made Mage Pirates.
>>
>>54270568
>>
>>54270568
>Mage
how ?
the only thing they share is the boring metaplot
>>
>>54270742
Just like the Neolithic Era and Requiem for Rome were just a boring batch of metaplot. You are beginning to sound desparate
>>
>>54270742
"Muh freedom". Hunting the relics of a fallen civilization. Generally being dicks. The antagonists are wanting to use the fallen civilizations mystical relics to enslave the world.
>>
File: YoHoPirates.jpg (18KB, 448x250px) Image search: [Google]
YoHoPirates.jpg
18KB, 448x250px
>>54270568
>>54270797

>Not!Time Travel
>Genetic Memory
>mysterious lost civilization
>magical artifacts
>Over ruling conspiracy directing mankind
It's got some scifi elements so more Free C into Arrow past
>>
What do we know abozt deviant?
>>
>>54270449
>well, before the other Devs leave, too
>Yeah, it's really too bad DaveB left too.
>Now who'll develop Mage and Deviant

Isn't Dave now working on Shadowrun?
>>
>>54270978
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1032843-what-we-know-so-far-deviant-the-renegades
>>
>>54271112

You seriously have to pick a game in better shape than Shadowrun for this meme. That Anarchy managed to limp out half-finished is a miracle.
>>
Is Pepe a Rank 5 goetia?
>>
>>54271114
Thank's!
>>
>>54271192
Goetia are made by the subconscious of a person. Kek and Pepe are rank 4 Spirits of Memes and Change.
Rank 5 spirits are cosmic shit like Death itself.
>>
>>54271251
In Astral Realms, Death (in Temenos) is listed as being a Rank 7 entity.
>>
>>54271279
Huh. What book at the Grim Reaper as rank 5 then? Or am I just retarded.
>>
>>54264224
I have a thing for religions what can I say, I like the scenario a lot.
>>
>>54266338
The risks of Mage's delving into the Hedge are apparently much lessened as of 2e.

According to DaveB there are "changeling experts" among the Orders who explore the Hedge and mingle with Freeholds
>>
>>54271251
Nah, Pepe is Rank 2 at most. You need to be some sort of Jungian Archetype to reach Rank 4+. An example of a Rank 4 Goetia from the Astral Realms supplement is the Teenage Rebel.
>>
>>54271315
I wonder, if you can create your own Spirit Manse using the Spirit Arcanum, can you use Fate to make your very own Hollow equivalent? In a true Mage fashion, you could make it into a Fae impervious fortress and be a liege lord earning a ton of favors for securing the local Hedge...
>>
>>54271315
That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not still incredibly dangerous. Just that there are Mages who know how to handle or evade the dangers.
>>
>>54271301
You're probably thinking of specific aspect of Death, like Santa Muerte or something. THE Death is an Aeon (Rank 7 or 8 Goetia, IIRC).
>>
>>54271416
It's a neat concept, to say the least.
>>
>>54271447
Like Luna, Aeons are rank 8 entities. Each representing an Arcanum.
>>
File: Teruteru_Hanamura_Illustration.png (196KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Teruteru_Hanamura_Illustration.png
196KB, 350x350px
So, what Arcana/Spheres would a mage need to actually become the Ultimate Chef?
>>
>>54271790
Matter, Forces, Life, and a couple of dots in Time.

Those are just the Arcana you would need to be a really good cook, I have no clue who that guy is.
>>
>>54271830
he's some dude from Danganronpa 2. But thanks!
>>
>>54271619
Every time Luna gets mentioned in these threads I get nervous
>>
>>54271997
why? What being could possibly powerful enough to dominate such a mighty spirit?
It's a Plain that yells to the Moon "YOU ARE BEING RECORDED".
>>
>>54271430
Also it's always been true that the Hedge wasn't dangerous in small doses. People regularly get lost there and come back without being kidnapped.

You only lose your soul if you go into the deep thorns to get to Arcadia, or if you're carried off there so quickly that your soul is shredded.
>>
>>54272113
B-but Luna isn't a s-socially ignorant bigot, is she?!

My feminist pagan beliefs will be ruined
>>
File: Luna.jpg (618KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Luna.jpg
618KB, 1200x1200px
Did somebody say Luna?

Need I remind you that with the powers of Spirit 9 I can force that thing to be my sandwich making house-waifu?
>>
>>54272210
What if there was a Plain there yelling "YOU ARE BEING RECORDED"?
>>
>>54272210
That's not even a hot Luna. Fuck off.
>>
>>54268439
Doesn't their enslavement and hatred of men prove the tribes wyrm taint though?
>>
>>54267444
Well it's more of 1e's inconsistancy and listing them as a fusion of a ghost and a spirit.

2e changed it to generally a geist is just a high enough ranked ghost that drank from one of the rivers of the underworld and has the bargain manifestation.
>>
>>54272307
>72307▶
>>>54268439
>Doesn't their enslavement and hatred of men prove the tribes wyrm taint though?

They're just not getting enough wyrm, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>54272210
I'd tell you that she could resist it.
But then I realize that Archmages are probably gorging themselves on Exceptional Successes.

2e has so many calories
>>
File: Luna (Selene).jpg (884KB, 811x953px) Image search: [Google]
Luna (Selene).jpg
884KB, 811x953px
>>54272251
Agreed.
>>
>>54272348
A remember the rules of /wodg/ anon. All Mages have 10 dots in every Arcana, infinite Mana and never roll anything below a 9.
>>
>>54272307
Theoretically yes. In one Apocalypse scenario, it is what can lead the tribe to fall to the Wyrm. As it stands, it is on par with the Talon treatment of non-wolves or the Wendigo treatment of non-natives
>>
>>54271251
I would have thought that Kek was a Pangean, then we could get Frog Hosts.
>>
>>54272539
Kek transcends all splats and monsters
Kek is the Dark Mother
>>
>>54272315
>2e changed it to generally a geist is just a high enough ranked ghost that drank from one of the rivers of the underworld and has the bargain manifestation.

What happens if a mage drinks from the rivers of the Underworld?
>>
>>54272555
>Kek is the Dark Mother

That's an insult to Kek. Repent.
>>
>>54272555
I would have said the Primogenitor.

But then Kek and Kekuit are both one and the same representation of Primordial Darkness, so it makes sense.
>>
>>54272585
Well each river has a different effect, or atleast they did back in 1e. People could drink from them for a temporary bonus with a downside. There's going to be more rivers than ever in 2e apparently, so there will probably listed effects for it in the book.
>>
>>54272585

The same thing that happens to everything else.

Which of course means that a strange effect happens depending on what river the non-ghost drank from.
>>
>>54272585
I would probably have that turn the Archmage into a quintessence that could be used for a powerful Death spell.
>>
Are all Thyrsus hedonists?
>>
>>54266910
>this chunk of Infrastructure

Infrastructure built by Demons?

>fallen angels seize this opportunity to tear down the Machine’s Infrastructure creating the penultimate struggle for survival. As the Revolution reaches its height and the Terror begins, the God-Machine’s wayward children wonder whether Hell on Earth might be within reach after all.
>>
Can I fuck Luna?
>>
>>54272944
Can? Yes. Should? A tougher question.
>>
File: 1468629251490.jpg (64KB, 500x654px) Image search: [Google]
1468629251490.jpg
64KB, 500x654px
>mage and geist are winning the poll
And all is right with the world.
>>
>>54272858
By "hedonists" do you mean general hedonists or sluts?

Many are sluts, but every one last of them is a hedonist in some sense.
>>
>>54272957
But I really want to.
>>
>>54268643
Goddammit, I wanted the return of the stretch goal from Dark Eras 1 that never came to be, Innocents: The Blitz.

It was so close.
>>
>>54272858
>>54272944
I feel like these two might be the same person.

Now I'm picturing a Legacy of Space wielding Thyrsii called the Moonfuckers.
>>
>>54272986
I'm not that other guy.

Capital idea though. The Moon needs a good dicking.
>>
>>54273032
Not Luna though, the actual, physical moon.
>>
>>54273032
>Capital idea though. The Moon needs a good dicking.
Indeed.
>>
>>54272978
You can literally create yourself the perfect Astral girlfriend and make her your Familiar with custom-made ephemeral body. You should play it safe(r) than to dally with the spirit of Madness.

Alternatively, try to summon yourself your Path's representation of the Perfect Girlfriend. Would still be safer than fucking Luna.
>>
How many people would use Time to revert your girlfriend to her 16 year old self just to fuck her brains out?

How many would go younger?
>>
>>54273069
Either one works for me.
>>
>>54273118
But I reeeeaalllly want to.
>>
>>54272959
Isn't the poll basically pointless since they've said they're going to do one that can't get tampered with (as easily)
>>
>>54273198
It's the principle of the thing.
>>
>>54273198
Q: So with the poll Mage and Changeling are tied for second place in the poll. If it stays the same once it is closed, how will it be determined which game line will be a part of that particular era?
A: Ian A. A. Watson: The poll closes at $55K when the stretch goal is reached, not at the $40K mark. Final numbers are determined by number of voters, not percentages, so a tie is unlikely.

This first poll might be here to stay after all.
>>
>>54273156
You're a bit strange
>>
>>54273363
It's obvious bait. Not even good bait. Just ignore it.
>>
>>54273363
Listen man, if you use mind perfecting to make someone mentally mature there's no reason NOT to do it, you know. The implication.

PS: Don't do this, it's a stupid fucking idea.
>>
>>54273156
What if I turn myself into my girlfriend at 16 years old?
>>
>>54272944
>Can I fuck Luna?

Luna's primary purview is madness.

You don not want to stick you dick into Spirit Rank 8, cosmic-level crazy.

Father Wolf tried it, and look what happened to him.

Added bonus, Helios will hate you.
>>
Dark Eras 2 needs an Archmage crossover.

The number of contributing Mage fans would be enormous.
>>
>>54273737
>implying magefags have money
>>
>>54273156
I'm quite happy with her at 20, thanks.
Plus I've seen the photos, she looked quite boyish until she was like, 17.
>>
>>54273717
Helios would make a better husbando than Luna

Yes, spirits don't actually have genders.
>>
>>54274033
neither have we. Gender is a social construct :^)
>>
>>54274064

BAAAAAAAAAAAAIT
>>
>>54274064
Listen, you either have a penis or a vagina.

Or both.
>>
>>54274147
>implying genitals correspond to gender
read more Chronicles books
>>
>>54274147
>you either have a penis or a vagina.

I can only imagine Rank 8 Spirit genitals...
>>
New thread please. Leave the fags behind.
>>
There is no /wodg/ without splatfags
>>
>>54274265
Are you of the crowd of dumbasses that actually believes gender is on a spectrum?

Sexuality is, but not gender. Sorry. You're either a chick or a dude.
>>
>>54274428
>You're either a chick or a dude.

Or not a person at all like OPP usual trannies
>>
>>54273717
>Father Wolf tried it, and look what happened to him.

Murdered by your own children?
>>
>>54274524
>>
>>54274502
>Father Wolf tried it, and look what happened to him.
>Murdered by your own children?

He fucked crazy, got crazy pregnant, had crazy kids who killed him.

Don't get involved with crazy.
>>
>>54274265
Ah, good ol' Undead Menses
>The character must identify as female.
>>
>>54273852
What, you don't like boyish girls? What are you, gay? I bet you don't even want to sleep with a promethean or have your werewolf girlfriend use the gender change power to drill your prostate.
>>
>>54274718
>What are you, gay?

Where do you think we are, anon?
>>
>>54268380
Someone could buy me a copy of that and I'd use it for toilet paper.
>>
>>54273717
Solution is simple: stick the dick in Helios.
>>
>>54275033
gay

not that helios couldn't just turn himself into a chick
>>
>>54275072
Just because Helios was a dude to the Greeks does not mean the Greeks were right. Could always have been a very angry isolationist chick. Or you know, a Spirit instead of a human.
>>
>>54274718
>have your werewolf girlfriend use the gender change power to drill your prostate

God has truly abandoned us.
>>
>>54266947
>The crew of the Runner fear the ghost ship above all else. It's a true fae, in fact; their keeper manifests as the great ghost ship that seeks to return the smuggling motley to its endless brig in Arcadia.

>The sirens are known far and wide for their deadly, tempting song. The only survivor of one small merchant vessel claims that his whole crew was drawn in and taken underwater through a forest of thorned kelp and into a magnificent coral palace to be eaten. He escaped only after challenging them to a rigged contest for his right to live.

>None of the Fae are so feared in the Carribean as the Lady of the Sea, who appears to the viewer as either maiden, mother or crone. Those who displease her often capricious nature, or even sometimes please it, find themselves whisked away to Arcadia to suffer a suitable punishment or "reward".

Don't be a retard, I could go on for days. The superstitions around that era are great for Changeling.
>>
>>54275600
>The superstitions around that era are great for Changeling.

Mage and Geist still deserve it more, bucko
>>
>>54261315

Here you go! Building a Legend!

s3ndsp@ce <d0t> com

/file/dbp2g8
>>
>>54275801

Geist deserves it. I've yet to see an argument for Mage fitting thematically, just lorefags going nuts over one passage from core.
>>
>>54275989
Dave mentioned a bit more on it.

Geist > Mage > Changeling
>>
>>54276049
Sauce?
>>
>>54276171
One of his most recent posts.

Have a go.
>>
>>54276171

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/1100689-dark-eras-2-discussion-thread?p=1112769#post1112769
>>
>>54275989

Absolutely. Geist is such an amazing game. Anything I've run in that game line has ended up being very memorable. Every trip into the Underworld, every ghost, everything.
>>
Quick! The radical hacker organization known as System Call has hacked into the Akashic records and encrypted basic concepts like fire or hygiene. Now they are holding them ransom for improbably large sums of money. What do?
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.