[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Destroy All Humans campaign. >A major plot point is that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (34KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34KB, 480x360px
>Destroy All Humans campaign.
>A major plot point is that the furons are slowly regaining empathy the more DNA they collect.

I'm trying not to shove this sort of thing down my player's throats, so lets say that there was this character that a player could either kill cruelly or kill painlessly. How would I go about that feeling of empathy slowly building on them as the plot progresses so they realize that they have the option to do that while still being in character, without being outright blatant or outright telling them that their empathy is building?
Keep in mind this is still furons, they'll still be killing people regardless because they need the DNA, they can just decide how they go about collecting that DNA. Either doing it like how the ending of DAH 1 did it, by collecting it from basically everyone like a farm or alternatively collecting it from people on their death beds in hospitals, ect. Keep in mind this is a rough concept right now, I'm just asking for narrative advice on how to make this feel more natural.
>>
Maybe a empathy meter?
>>
>>54251557
Almost all of whether this succeeds or fails will rest on how you sell it to your players. Once the murder-hobo mentality is established it's going to be awfully difficult to get them out of it.
>>
start off by describing human NPCs as brainless complete idiots the PCs will laugh off killing in drove

Slowly make them seem more human as time goes by, having them mourn over lost comrades, plead beg and cry in earnest when faced with the barrel of a death ray, and have motivations that the PCs could get behind if they weren't serving the Furon empire.

Don't force or try to convince PCs to act a certain way, adapt your descriptions and portrayals of human characters instead.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.