[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post player behavior that confuses you, and maybe someone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1483570784691.png (195KB, 510x346px) Image search: [Google]
1483570784691.png
195KB, 510x346px
>playing session, characters are criminals
>one of the characters is playing an ex-prostitute
>her entire contribution to the game aside from damage in combat is walking up to guards and going
>"Do you work in [location they need to get into]?"
>"Wow, that's so cool maybe there's some dark corner there we could slip into for some fun."
>she expects this to work every single time
>I don't let it fly because it's probably the stupidest shit ever

I just don't get it. The character has no personality outside these two lines, and I asked her after one session why she chose this path, and she said it'd be interesting to play something she doesn't identify with.

Could someone explain this shit to me?
>>
>>54247925
I don't understand what they mean by "Interesting to play something they don't identify with" but what I'm thinking is said player is more or less chaste (gonna have to confirm that OP) and is basically trying too hard to play a femme fatale, sultry type.
>>
>>54247925

It's a female version of a furry who has to play a kitsune that enjoys getting vore'd by dragons and purple worms.

Some female players fall into these kind of stereotypical character concepts where they get off on being desired. You typically see it in the "slutty but bitchy elf/tiefling rogue" type.
>>
File: 123454554.jpg (294KB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
123454554.jpg
294KB, 1280x827px
>>54247925
She wanted to play a hypersexual character, and at character generation the idea seemed good to her, but as she plays she's realizing she isn't sure what direction to take her character in.

Just chat with her and ask if there's someone you can do to help her get into the character more, maybe a brief personal side quest to help flesh the character out a little making it easier for the player to actually roleplay.

Just a thought
>>
File: 1497513408761.jpg (13KB, 550x414px) Image search: [Google]
1497513408761.jpg
13KB, 550x414px
>>54248309
>someone
*something
>>
>>54248309
>Just chat with her and ask if there's someone you can do to help her get into the character more
...if you know what I mean
>>
>>54251288
>heavy breathing
>h-hey.. s-so your character likes to uh...
>viciously snorting phlegm
>do that kinda stuff eh??
>a-as dm, I'm gonna need you to help me visualize what your character is doing...
>wide grin reveals mottled yellow teeth
>i-if y-you know what I mean...
>>
File: 1499645233194.jpg (67KB, 719x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499645233194.jpg
67KB, 719x800px
>>54252572
It's okay, because the "woman" in question is a skinny 4/10 twink who can't get no dick otherwise. So it works out in the end.
>>
>>54247925
Are you so autistic that you can't understand why someone would want to roleplay something unfamiliar to them? Do you sperg out when your smart, quiet friend plays as a dumb, loudmouthed barbarian?
It seems natural that they'd also be bad at playing the role too. Try to encourage them and give them new ideas and pointers on how to make their character work.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.