[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a simple, plain text pdf of the OpenD6 SRD? I know there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Is there a simple, plain text pdf of the OpenD6 SRD? I know there are a thousand different pdfs floating around, but I can't seem to find a a complete SRD as a pdf. Any help?

Also, OpenD6 general I guess
>>
File: Mini_Six_SRD_V1dot0_Final.pdf (201KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Mini_Six_SRD_V1dot0_Final.pdf
201KB, 1x1px
It seems something like that hasn't been compiled together yet. There is a plaintext version of the Mini Six SRD, however.
>>
>>54248154
Well, it's something I suppose. Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>54248258
Making a text-only version of the OpenD6 SRD could be a good project to undertake. I've seen several attempts via websites and wikis but all of them seem to get abandoned halfway.
>>
>>54247881
I've never heard of OpenD6. What's it about?
>>
>>54248758
Sometime when West End Games went bankrupt, they released their generic D6 System under the OpenD6 license. There's three books, D6 Fantasy, D6 Adventure, and D6 Space. All three of them plus their supplement books are freely downloadable to check out.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2IjSz8Neh5qfldWMFhDcjdyRUFMVEMzUXUwbjZxYUhJZ2JwaC13bEhTUkVvcGpMMlRzSkk

The D6 system itself is pretty simple, your character has a base die code for each of their attributes and a further die code for their skills. When you roll, one of the dice rolled is the Wild die. On a 1, it causes a complication (more often than not removing the highest-rolled die in the dice pool), on a 6, it explodes as a critical success. The nature of averages in the die pool means your skills actually get better as you advance them, and going from 3D to 4D makes a pretty big difference. The game itself is fairly easy to learn from there, with only a few things actually modifying your die codes. It's actually pretty good for quickly setting up a game set in a book or TV show world; the rules-light variant Mini Six showcases that with several small settings loosely based off of Firefly, Ghostbusters, and even Star Wars.
>>
>>54249002
This page seems to have a couple more pdfs than the google drive: http://d6holocron.com/downloads/weg_open_d6.html
>>
>>54248489
Perhaps I should take this upon me, since I recently finished my last homebrew project and want something to work on. No guarantees, but I'll try
>>
>>54249002
>>54250499
I'm too lazy to find and link myself, but a quick search takes you to even more pdfs. It's all really easy to find
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.