[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sci Fi setting that has supernatural shit. >Werewolfs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>Sci Fi setting that has supernatural shit.
>Werewolfs need any kind of moonlight to turn, but become invincible to anything that isn't silver unless tricked into getting wolfbane in their system.
What can be some ways for them to game the system assuming that anything that emulates moonlight are considered ridiculously illegal, but gasmask where fine?
>>
>>54245903
Well, people who see their lycanthropy as a curse and have the money for space travel might move to planets without moons rather than lock themselves in the cellar every night.
>>
>>54245965
Ok then allow me to rephrase the question that went over your head. My fault sorry.
If a group of werewolfs wanted to rampage on a ship, like for example, for selling said ship afterwards, how can they maximize their chances of catching said ship without getting fucked when the ship gets drowned in Wolfbanegas.
>>
File: resize.jpg (108KB, 590x606px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
108KB, 590x606px
>>54245903
>The most common chemicals used for cloud seeding include silver iodide, potassium iodide and dry ice (solid carbon dioxide).

Note the silver falls with the water molecules as snow or rain
>>
>>54245903
>anything that emulates moonlight are considered ridiculously illegal
Shouldn't be that hard to design an array that emulates the spectral footprint of the moons light. You can choose from all sorts of lamps, diodes etc. to get a close approximation. So, is artifical lighting actually outlawed in this setting or what? Why should moonlight specifically cause a transformation?

A slightly harder explanation would be that it's not moonlight itself that causes the transformation, but that it's psychological. When a werewolf believes it sees the moon, that's sufficient. So a clever werewolf might try autohypnosis or Copperfield-style illusions to make a believable image of the moon appear where none should be.
>>
>>54245997
>>54245903
moon rocks, big FUCK OFF CHUNKS of them.

hit them with a beam of light identical(or nearly so) to sunlight so it reflects off at the wolfie. BAM MOONLIGHT

if you want to make it more difficult, make Moonstone the catalyst.

>>54246024
these are even better ideas...
>>
>>54246024
no it's even easier than that
>>54246000
steal/borrow a weather plane and make the werewolves allergic to every snowflake in the region
>>
>>54246036
>easier
I meant "harder" in terms of scifi realism.
>>
>>54245997
Nah, "how do I exploit this sickass magical power" is the natural way to take your question, I just thought I was being semi-clever pointing out that the werewolf-as-cursed narrative will probably also be playing out somewhere.
Also, I don't know what the optimal tactic here is. Does being invincible mean they don't get killed by regular asphyxiation? They could just throw themselves naked out the airlock of their own ship and attack the outside of the ship they want by systematically attacking the life support systems or radiator arrays or whatever. Obviously do this while the ship is orbiting a planet on the same side as one or more of the planet's moons.
>>
>>54245997
Well gasmasks obviously.
They'd want some form of armour to protect against poisoned darts.

Also what exactly counts as moonlight for werewolves, starlight reflected off any celestial body? Moons specifically?
If a werewolf is on a moon during its day, does that mean they always turn?
>>
>>54246000
>>54246036
That's assuming Silver Iodide counts as Silver for werewolf weaknesses though.

Also, being invincible to anything that isn't silver doesn't mean that something made of silver but harmless would kill them. You could probably have a werewolf sit in a chair made of silver without any ill effects, but crushing him with the chair would actually work.

At the point you could do all this you may as well just get silver tipped bullets anyway.
>>
>>54246089
Depends on the setting, silver being dangerous in any form like the wicked witch of the west and water is common to see in stories.
>>
>>54246111
Maybe, but werewolves being incapable of travelling to any sort of modern world that's experienced even slight climate control or terraforming feels rather irrelevant to his question and more like an excuse to wank about how easy they are to kill.

In any case, I would assume werewolves are vulnerable to silver in the same way your average person is vulnerable to wood.
>>
>>54246069
As long as they have something to keep them as a werewolf, they're invincible. Artificial moonlight in a helmet, a chunk of moonstone reflecting nearby sunlight, ect. They can still be slowed down and have a set amount of strength, but you can't damage them even if they do feel the pain. Meaning if you have no Wolfbane or silver then your next best bet would be it's pain tolerance.

This would also be good for balancing reasons so players don't get pissed when they blast a werewolf with a plasma round and the DM goes "no effect". Instead the DM goes "it's in pain, you have time to get away but it WILL be pissed."

Raising the gravity in areas of a ship to keep them down can be a valid tactic if it's been equipped with the expensive tech and you have the gear to actually do something once you raise the gravs to "wolf pancake" levels.
>>
>>54246146
It coul require pure elemental silver.

Like a silver spoon does the classic painful burning on a touch, but they can drink litres of silver iodide with no ill effects.
>>
>>54246174
That's an option as well. Either way, coming in and bragging about how they'd all be dead while assuming they're vulnerable to trace amounts of silver compounds seems kind of odd.
>>
>>54246161
So... how much does not being able to breath hurt, given it can't kill you? I'm not into autoerotic asphyxiation or anything so I wouldn't know. The scenario of simply basking in moonlight during a suitless spacewalk seems kinda cool to me, though.
>>
>>54246174
Extreme exposure to silver iodide is known to make people blue and that's caused by silver salts turning back to elemental silver inside the body or when exposed to light.

I don't see how a werewolf that burns from touching an elemental silver knife or bullet isn't gonna burn from that same elemental silver depositing around their body from drinking water or on their skin from rain/snow.

How Hard scifi are we trying to be?
>>
LED and moonrock on a necklace, discuss.
>>
>>54245903
Whilst they can heal practically any damage, how do they handle being shattered into small pieces while frozen by cryogenic attacks and/or will they suffer mutation on a cellular level from exposure to intensive radiation?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.