[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Working on a world and would like some ideas for hidden quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Working on a world and would like some ideas for hidden quest and story lines.

The world of vlast is large and mainly settled except for some places that have been mapped but not explored. The world has been using Magical Crystals for Power in every sense of the world. There are seven major kingdoms that rule the mainland’s and own the land that exist. No one owns the north and south tundra’s so they are both left to those who wish to live in such harsh conditions. There are many different walks of life and walks of species amongst those that exist in the world. There is currently no "KNOWN" way of using magic without the Magic Crystals but that is subject to change. Any and all help is appreciated. Time is more of a magic punk esqe era.
>>
Crazy people eating crystals

Dragon!

Trolls!

Research facility in the unsettled lands, go check it out.
>>
Magic JO crystal
>>
File: yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-ykk-20.jpg (399KB, 767x1100px) Image search: [Google]
yokohama-kaidashi-kikou-ykk-20.jpg
399KB, 767x1100px
>>54244739
>Vlast
Hahaha: You a slav?

Also, magic crystals are boring as fuck. Why does it always have to be crystals?
Your description also isn't actually giving us much to work with outside of magic crystals and number of kingdoms. That is really hard to work with. "Magic punk esque era" is also very, very uninformative.

What kind of cultures do you draw inspiration from? What historical eras, what kind of landscapes, cultures to draw on? How do metaphysics work? Are gods actual presence in your setting or are they more of an abstract notion: do they get involved or not? Are there monsters? Undead? Non-human races?

Throw us a few bones, man.
>>
File: illithid hulk.jpg (171KB, 800x842px) Image search: [Google]
illithid hulk.jpg
171KB, 800x842px
>>54244739
What system are you using?
Are there other worlds and dimensions?
>>
>>54246659
The world is still in early development and I just need some general quest, nothing too specific.

The gods exist but they have their own dimensions that they control and have influence through their kingdom that worships them and a prime minister. They can actually effect the world.

Many different walks of life and species means that there are no limits to races.

Think midevil Victorian culture in a magic punk technology level.

Yes on monsters, yes undead.

>>54247220
I'm using my own sort of system for dice rolls and stats and there are other world's and dimensions. If you would like I can try to post the document that I am using to keep track of things.
>>
>>54248364
Any "precursors" to leave dungeons, forgotten technology n shit?
I came up with
>One of the queens is a male lich in disguise, using war prisoners in his wicked experiments and sending undead monstrosities and magic plagues at other kingdoms
>One of the poles is "infected", like the farm from "The Color Out Of Space". Seeking for a means to purify or contain it meets sudden resistance from seemingly random people, and even necromancy can't wrestle the answers from them.
>The seemingly unconnected trade companies, churches and guilds in different parts of the world unconsciously set up summoning stuff for armies of one of the gods, think gorillion-ray star with buildings of these guys on the ends and potential big hole to the halls of Hellhalla
>>
>>54249712
The world is currently a few thousand years old and the ancient tech would be in forms of old and forgotten Crystals that do amazing things.

Also thanks for the lich idea I'm definitely gonna use that by have him be a government official such as a prime minister or something of that sort
>>
>>54249795
Just recycle Fallout NV
>>
>>54249984
I'm trying to make this world my own as this is the first one that I'm putting a lot of time and effort into
>>
>>54244739
You could always go generic call to adventure kinda thing.
When your party or whoever is in the inn/bar have them overhear about someone from town getting sick/dying/barely escaping from a strange cave South of town. Low and behold it's a secret dungeon that was reopened. Now the creatures within (using your magic crystals as a base I would say some sort of golems, if your going for creepy maybe some flesh golems?) Are pouring out and causing trouble and there seems to be no end to them. The party can do some investigating and find out that these gems aren't full fledged gems just like beacons that get power from somewhere in the dungeon. Inside the dungeon are a slew of golem based traps like moving walls and shit. The boss could be like a giant extra old golem blacksmith or something that can transfer some of its power to its creations. Maybe you could make it's stronger based on how many golems they kill because it gets its power back and have one of its boss powers to be making some quick golems to act as shields and minions but they reduce its power a bit. For a reward I suggest letting your heroes make their own golem.

Hope this idea helps or at least gives you some ideas
>>
>>54253260
Will definitely use this as a secret main quest line
>>
>>54244739
A certain area has crystal merged with the land. The material can be peeled off into little sheets with your fingers and not much force, but the individual sheets are pretty bendy and flexible. The natives live on top of this crystalline area, driving deep stakes into it to erect towers. These towers generally resemble a mix of electrical towers and Jenga things made with thin intersecting poles. Often, the poles will have messages written on them or written on sheets of crystal woven into a net adorning the tower.

Part of the reason why they make the towers is for hunting reasons (animals are attracted to the shelter, but in particular there are nearly man-sized birds that like mobbing even bigger creatures to death and eating off the body for a while/making nests near or in it. Towers can resemble parts of said animals, inducing a flock to attack the structure only to be ambushed by a hunting party), but it has become more artsy as time passes on. Towers specifically for attracting prey tend to smell like meat from all the bait set out, and occasionally get taken down to be rebuilt elsewhere.

>For a quest, there could be someone vandalizing the towers, knocking them down and such while everyone is sleeping. Natives think it's one of the foreigners they let hang out with them and have already killed some as examples, but the vandalism continues.
>>
>>54254114
I also think the natives are particularly skilled at acrobatics with clawed feet that can grip things like a perch and tough skin on their palms/soles. That and maybe other oddities drive someone into believing that the natives are descended from demons. However, they don't want to outright genocide them and enlist the party into watching for markedly off mannerisms/indicators of demonic possession or summoning/etc.

Perhaps its all just a joke being played on the NPC (and by extension, the party) at first. But then someone does end up creating a legit cult...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.